It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who won tonights debate?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearlight808

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
Biden 12%--Palin 86%
Undecided statistically 0%
She kicked Biden's butt.
And no, we don't vote for VP. We vote for the ticket. I want to know that she can step in and carry on if something happens to McCain (and statistically, there is an excellent chance he won't finish his first term).

I think she can do it. I think we may be looking at the Nation's 1st woman president.
Sorry Hillary

Can you source those numbers? I haven't seen anything even CLOSE to that scenario. Last I saw on hardball was:
Biden 46
Palin 31
Tie 33

not that polls are accurate but your numbers seem skewed even if it was on Fox "news"

and you don't think "tingly leg" matthews is biased?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
When asked about responsibilities of a VP, Joe Biden repeatedly referred to a VP as 'HE'.

Not he or she.

Am I the only one that noticed that?

I was hoping that Palin noticed and corrected him.

Joe Biden's a pig

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

not me in the picture, i used to use my picture but it attracted alot of doofuses so i just use hot chicks.

and if you are comparing chinas reckless emmissions to us you are nuts! we have the EPA at least to keep us in check. we are the one country that actually gives a damm and that is why the kyoto treatty was NOT signed because it gave "developing" economies (read:China) an out and we felt it unfair.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Hey, you know... You have the numbers correct

But let me say this, Global warming for The USA is NOT a major issue.

Okay, one thing about the Dems and Liberals is always looking out for the 3rd world... not ourselves

I would say

A: The majority of the world will surpass us in emissions at current rates of production and population growth and industrialization... it's thier job, we get better every day, China, India, The Mideast, Africa, SA are all on a major spike up as we slowly decrease...

it wont be our issue for long and we aren't the ones who need reform

B: What harm will global warming cause us?

We have the technology (altough late to react) to bolster our costal cities, pump all the water we need

or best friend is Canada and a longer grow season in Canada truely cements North America as the worlds food supplier, Global warming of a few degrees, not going to ruin us, we will not run out of water, in fact... we might have alot more because of Canadian melt

Not to be so... unconcerned about the rest of the worldm but... as our economy colapses and we have given Trillions in aid away and debt relief over the years...

I can't say, my mind is global in regards to anything right now... Our Continent and it's needs first

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bejing
When asked about responsibilities of a VP, Joe Biden repeatedly referred to a VP as 'HE'.

Not he or she.

Am I the only one that noticed that?

I was hoping that Palin noticed and corrected him.

Joe Biden's a pig

But Sarah has the lipstick on. Kind of a dilemma, isn't it.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I'd be surprised if we were as bad as China. I had a friend who went there and he told me your nose would literally clog with soot every few hours.

This was in a "factory heavy" region........

And as far as "tingly thighs" Matthews, you must be listening to Insanity and (liberal punching bag) Combs....(!)

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearlight808

Originally posted by paperplanes
I'm going to go out on a limb here; bear with me. I predict that every viewer leaning away from the McCain ticket will have found Palin's performance to be hollow and sentimental rather than substantial. Those leaning toward the McCain ticket will have found her speech to be precisely as they expected it to be (satisfactory), if not exceeding their hopes. Parties from each side of this aisle will find the opposing side's opinion absolutely absurd.

Nothing new here, folks. Praise be the two-party system.

I wouldn't be so sure. I think a lot of people tend to go with a "just like me" candidate. Bill Maher is always joking how people here hate to vote for someone who's obviously smarter than they are......just a thought.

Oh, I absolutely agree. Did my post seem to contradict that?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
It's obvious where the Obama and Biden ticket stand on women...

Obama sent his wife home for his career, he dismissed Hillary, Biden did not have the respect to say he/she

and above all

Obama would sit down with Nations and offer unconditional talks with cultures that show no respect for womens rights

People can yell Oil all they want, but we all know the real east West divide and revulsuion on both sides revolves around the role of women in society

How can Obama Biden sit down with Iram

and

Biden... Lies about this in the Debate?

That's a BIG deal to blatantly deny a known truth on national television... in terms of the debate I would have said No winner... BUT, I have to throw this to Palin now on this one thing, that's a Bold Faced Lie he told, a major deception, that was really wrong and shows Biden to be willing to out right Lie for this Campaign

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Pteridine:

I think thats totally true on many levels.
The GOP is all about CHristian Values as ling as it doesn't slow down the money train.
I think there's a lot of earnest values voters that must be getting sick of this.\

I remember hearing about a book that purportedly "exposed" the fact that the whole evangelical thing is just lip service for some "sure thing" votes and that the politicians (ie Bush etc...) are almost mocking the evangelicals on the inside.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by clearlight808]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Palin by far.

The only way to win against a democrat, especially Biden or Obama is just let them speak.

All McCain & Palin have to do is let them speak. The press will politically finish em.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

it was not up for much debate in the Bush Elections certainly not the Clinton Elections, so it has been quite some time since it has been more than mentioned...

I do not recall it Being a part of King Bush 1 or Reagans campaigns either...I would not swear to this...

But as we watch the results of depopulation in Europe and even Russia vs China and India and the role they are starting to play on the global scene

It perhaps is a good time to reawaken this debate

It is not as huge a threat as people say...

But that some Mexicans claim Reconquista via Births verbally and loudly and it is acknowledged that some aspects of Islam deliberately use this method for Cultural dominance... and we look at the Economy of China

all morality and religion aside... the issue of Births and population control do indeed need to be reevaluated before it's too late, America will be obscured, majorly if we don't if not eliminated in any recognizeable form in the next Century

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I would like to quote what I wrote on another post

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am a McCain supporter until tonight and this is why.

""If she plays dumb then she "played" real well at the debate. I dont care how she carries herself or the words that she used, I care about the issues and to that end she evaded and talked circles all night. I don't see how anyone could say she won the debate.

I dont care if "she did better then expected" or if "she didnt fail miserably" or even if "she held her own".

I only care about the issues and on those she failed bigtime.

As a Veteran I have always supported McCain. I wanted him rather then Bush in 2000 and in 2004. Now I am at a crossroads. My dislike for Palin has overcome my admiration of McCain. How can I vote for McCain now knowing that he picked her?

I can't so it looks like another year I will not vote and that decision I made tonight after watching Palin at the debate with her snide comments, her smart### smirks and all those winks. I can no longer vote for McCain in good conscience.""

That pretty much sums up my position after the Debate.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
From CNN:

Who fared better in the vice presidential debate?
Sen. Joe Biden 70% 142319
Gov. Sarah Palin 26% 53838
Neither 4% 7423
Total Votes: 203580

read related article »This is not a scientific poll

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
That seems closer to what i saw.
The last FOX poll had her at 87%.

I know they're skewed but they could at least give "believable" numbers......

id say it was like 60-40 Biden but thats just me and he IS a professional "politician"....(read : BS-er
)

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Cnn is pretty much an established democrat / left wing media outlet.

Drudge, more right declares the opposite.

*drudgereport.com*
[[[[DRUDGE POLL]]]] WHO WON THE VICE PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE?...

BIDEN
28% 57,214
PALIN
70% 144,757
NEITHER
2% 3,544

The only truth will be election night and according to what DIEBOLD wants.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Atlantican]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jwstarry
I would like to quote what I wrote on another post

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I can't so it looks like another year I will not vote and that decision I made tonight after watching Palin at the debate with her snide comments, her smart### smirks and all those winks.

alot of people have problems with her for being a bit of a girly girl... "smart ass coments and winks" lol, it's your opinion I have no critique...

But, she's cute lol and knows it...

It's not like we make fun of nerdy guy presidents for puffing thier Bird Chests out when they talk and ... like when Obama picked Biden he raised that Fist in the air lol, lol

Like your a warrior Biden, show that fist!

I mean... I dunno what I mean... it's just funny, it seems like Girly behavior freaks alot of guys out and emasculates them on some level...

It might...be goofy and with that I wont disagree, but GW weith his Horns and ...OMG Putin with his shirt off and... all guy leaders do stupid guy things and people never react badly to it or hate a candidate for it...

What was Bidens Fist? Lol, is it a message to ther Far left... if you know what I mean?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Sorry for the double post! I thought it didn't post! Sorry sorry!!!
DRUDGE POLL WHO WON THE VICE PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE?...

BIDEN
28% 57,214
PALIN
70% 144,757
NEITHER
2% 3,544

CNN is notably a liberal media outlet. Drudge a right winger to most.

The only truth will come out election night.
It will be whoever DIEBOLD wants.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Atlantican]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join