It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will happen to ATS if politics become normalized?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Like, say that politics suddenly no longer have a conspiracy spin to them. Politicians start to act in normal ways, they no longer have hidden agendas, they restore balance to the corrupt governments in the world, there are no more wars, no anti-christs, just a good old global state. What would we do here on ATS then?

What if all conflict ceases, people stop hating each other, no need for new elections arise anymore, aliens start to live on Earth, peacefully, all of the dead come back to life, and the news starts telling us the truth?

What if the government does what it is supposed to do-- what if it helps people out?

What purpose will ATS serve if all of the world's problems are solved?

I just thought I'd ask the question.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Actually politics was not the main topic of ATS until the last elections, this site main topic is UFOs.

But as people got interested in other issues os the site started to grow.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Politics normal? With the yahoos we elect?

Never gonna happen.

Government doing what it is suppose to do? Media telling us the truth?

Never gonna happen.

But, if it does, I'll have to get my medication adjusted just to make sure I am not delusional, hell hasn't frozen over, and pigs aren't flying.....

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
If that happens we have to create conspiracies in order to have something to talk about and generate site-traffic.

Or we have to look at other planets and galaxies to the conspiracies happening there.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
We would look into the conspiracy that caused this sudden "normalcy". That would be a bigger conspiracy than anything we have faced, simply because its more unbelievable than anything we have faced. lol

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Well obviously we'll all just hop over to the automotive forum and discuss the relative advantages of steel belted vs. fiber belted radials. It could get heated.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
In the shortest, cheekiest way to put it

ATS will likely implode.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
ha ha good joke and nice wish
normalizing politics

i can.t see that anywhere on this planet - so there is still plenty of politics weird politics to discuss
and for me ats just builts on the politics - there are so many other subjects that i won.t worry about it
as long a people try to think by themself, as long as they log into ats we will be able to debate!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
As another poster has pointed out, politics isn't the main source of conspiracies.

Also, even if there was a world-wide sea change in the ethics of politicians, that doesn't mean there'd be a sea change with everyone else. Everyone else would still be suspicious and distrusting, so even guaranteed innocuous events behind closed doors - after all this is post-sea change - would still draw interest and speculation.

I'd be curious as to whether, in your hypothetical scenario, politicians would own up to past events as opposed to changing the way they act now. Old conspiracies still draw interest and I wouldn't see it any differently in the future.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Well, seeing as how the only source of conspiracies on ATS is politics...
I assume it'll do just fine in the incredibly unlikely event it does happen.
Aside from the other stuff on here, people invent conspiracies all the time. Willling to bet over half, probably as much as 80% of the stuff on ATS is made up. But it still gets discussed here anyway.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

When you see that, do not worry, for you are dead and beholding Shangri-La

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
We shall see. Depending on who is elected.....

I may need to move to Canada. Is this ATS thing world wide? Or would I need to join Eh' TS?????

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Grafilthy]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Political conspiracies will never end.

We create most of them in our mind, and exaggerate the others.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

As soon as everybody does things my way, then the conspiracies in politics will be at an end. ATS politics would cease to exist, but an entirely new category would be devoted to discussing me.

There would still be sections on religion though

top topics

join