It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush to address nation tonight on economy woes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It is no longer a may it is a will so changed title of thread and added new link with quote.
Bush to address nation

WASHINGTON - President Bush readied a prime time speech to the nation and Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson accepted a major change in legislation for a $700 billion bailout of the financial industry on Wednesday as the administration scrambled to prevent further deterioration in the economy.

WASHINGTON - President Bush is thinking of giving a speech to the nation on the ailing financial markets, the White House said Wednesday, amid persistent criticism of a $700 billion bailout plan and the Federal Reserve chairman's warning that economic growth depends on it.

Bush may give speech...

Oh goody another speech! But with the exact opposite message then the last one.
This is fear mongering at its best.
Don't they see the approval ratings? Does anyone care what this man says anymore?

[edit on 24-9-2008 by SEEWHATUDO]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Meanwhile, Bush's chief spokeswoman, Dana Perino, revealed that the president is considering a formal speech to the nation — his first such talk in over a year — and said the country is at risk of a "calamity" without bold action to calm down the markets and soothe nervous Americans.

Reflecting the urgency of the situation, White House officials revealed that Bush had taken Air Force One back to Washington from a meeting of the U.N. General Assembly in New York and said he was canceling a planned fundraising trip to Florida to help the Republican Party. Bush had canceled a similar trip last week.

Perino said Bush has been trying to address the public's many questions and concerns and was weighing whether, when and where to have such a speech.

link

link   
Another babbling speech,

Is he going to talk about how he had short handed the American people during his irresponsible spending on his biggest hoax the war on terror?

While he has not problem with giving away 700 billion dollars to the bankers including foreign ones?

I wonder.

OH, I forgot is he going to tell where 13 billion dollars of tax payer has gone in Iraq?

I guess this questions and many more will never be answered by the ruling royalty.

link   
Oh lucky us. And this will ---what --- make us feel more secure? You think he'll say something like:

'Sorry folks... I screwified the economy with my absurdly stupid agendas'

Why this clown and the rest of his clown posse aren't in jail makes my head hurt.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Nope, no security.
If he decides to make a speech it will be full of fear mongering words and agendas. He will try to force the bailout by scaring everyone into believing the bailout is the only option.
The thing I don't understand is American's for the most part have had it with this man and his administration and may run far way from any of his proposals. You would think his handlers would know this and keep him far away from the bailout.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I cant even stand to look at the man anymore.

Sorry but its true.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
SARCASM ON

Mah fellow Mericans,

This be trajedy times for the banks and we must do al we can to support them. Please support my good frens Paul and George ... uh Ringo ... uh Secretary Paulson, yeh thats who I meant ... as they try to help merica out of this bad times ... it the democrat terrorists 9/11 fault!

Lookie! I wrote it for him already!

[edit on 24-9-2008 by 2stepsfromtop]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
And now Bush will be giving speech, will change title of thread.
Bush to address nation tonight on economy woes
link

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Press secretary Dana Perino said the president wants to tell the American people how the crisis affects them and help them understand the depth of the problem.

Because we have not already felt how this crisis is and will affect us?
Seriously do these people think we are all complete idiots?
The depth of the problem? Hey man we got it and we got it a lot sooner than you did. Last month everything was "sound" now TSHHTF huh?
The more they cram the more we will question and doubt this bailout.
This makes me sick because it is so damn blatant.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
What an embarrassment.

By the way, George?

Press secretary Dana Perino said the president wants to tell the American people how the crisis affects them and help them understand the depth of the problem.

Source

You, George, are the one who seems to have trouble understanding the depth of the problem. We get it.

ETA: That's funny! Good timing, and I see I'm not the only one to see the irony!

Great thread...

[edit on 24-9-2008 by Open_Minded Skeptic]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
We had all better hope that he is not preparing to declare a national state of emergency. If he comes on and says any thing about a NSE
I will $##T my pants. This is all happenong too fast. Someone let me off, I think I am going to puke.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cbass

We had all better hope that he is not preparing to declare a national state of emergency.

My first fear right out of the starting gate.
Will be up tonight (early morning for me) to hear.

Good Luck Everyone...

...taps...

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cbass

Dang! That's a scary and entirely too likely scenario! I guess I'll have to clench my teeth and watch the clown... and I was going to spend time doing something useful like watching "Date My Ex"...

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cbass

This my fear too. But it wouldnt surprise me at all. Actually that makes more sense now. Why in the world would they put a man on TV that has such a low approval rating to push the bandaid? Because that is not really the agenda...

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Bush is addressing the Nation tonight, That means the collapse is coming by end of the week. Bernanke told congress last week they had 7 days to prevent the collapse. Get ready ladies and gents its going to get alot worse before it gets better.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2stepsfromtop
SARCASM ON

Mah fellow Mericans,

This be trajedy times for the banks and we must do al we can to support them. Please support my good frens Paul and George ... uh Ringo ... uh Secretary Paulson, yeh thats who I meant ... as they try to help merica out of this bad times ... it the democrat terrorists 9/11 fault!

Lookie! I wrote it for him already!

[edit on 24-9-2008 by 2stepsfromtop]

Thanks that is the funniest thing I have seen all week in light of the events unfolding.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I love the jokes too, it makes my day better to get by.

Anyway the only good thing that old George and the bail out will give the tax payer is more loans on mortgages and credit so the credit hold on citizens keeps perpetuating.

After all the the new mortgage bubble needs to get restarted.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
It needs to be said. If they pass this $700 billion ($6 Trillion+) bailout, it's time to declare war and do what our U.S. Constitution instructs us to do in regards to an abusive and corrupt government. Time to abolish.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

What do you think he is going to say tonight?
Anyone else getting a little uncomfortable about this?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

The merc has an interesting angle on this, for sure... I'm kind of hoping against hope that it will be just more W-dribble, with as usual no particular relevance or meaning.

We live in interesting times, to be sure...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join