It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERRORISM: Hamas Founder Sheikh Ahmed Yassin Assassinated

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The spiritual leader and founder of terror group Hamas, Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, was killed today as he was exiting a mosque in Gaza City near his home. Israeli helicopters fired three missiles on the man, leaving little but Yassin's wheelchair covered in blood.

CNN.com

This is being called a surgical strike by Israel in response to an increase in suicide bombings. Prime Minister Ariel Sharon personally approved the strike.

Witnesses say Yassin's corpse was removed to an undisclosed location after the missiles stopped. Palestinian officials and medical personnel confirm his death.

Seven other people were killed. At least twenty people, including Yassin's son and some of his bodyguards, were injured.

The Israeli Army has sealed off access to Gaza's West Bank. Thousands of Palestinians have taken to the streets in Gaza, shouting for revenge. Mortars are being fired at Israeli settlements in the Gaza Strip.

In a statement confirming Yassir's death, a Hamas spokesperson said, "Sharon has opened the gates of hell and nothing will stop us from cutting off his head."

The leader of Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood, Mohammed Mahdi Akef, speaking on Al-Jazeera television, warned: "There can be no life for the Americans and Zionists in the region. We will not rest until they are expelled from the region."

Yassin founded Hamas in 1987, originally calling it the Palestinian Wing of the Muslim Brotherhood. He has been a wheelchair-bound quadriplegic since his youth.

More as this story develops.

More Stories:
CTV.ca
Isreal National News
AP Wire

TerrorAnalysis.com Stories:
Profile of Terrorist Group Hamas

[Edited on 23-3-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Oh #, this is one thing that will cause MASSIVE retaliation strikes on Israel. They better brace themselves after this one, because there is no way in hell that the dogs wont be let loose in Israel. Im glad the Israelis finally got this guy, but man o man, this will have serious reprocussions. Get ready for terror in the Israel like youve never seen. This guy is the "father" of many Palestenians and they no doubt will make it known.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
There are thousands marching already calling for all suicide bombers to be unleashed according to the news.

These are not only Hamas members marching but all palestenians....
They are hollering "Hamas is still Alive" in the streets of Gaza as we speak according to CNN.

West Bank and Gaza are being sealed off by the Israelis as we speak as well. This is the equivelant as the US killing Osama.

[Edited on 21-3-2004 by Dreamz]

Man on CNN says the "War is Open" the man was a high ranking Hamas official.

[Edited on 21-3-2004 by Dreamz]

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Killing the leader of a group is one sure way to get everyone else fired up.

I just don't understand the whole Palestinian/Israel conflict. I heard it's basically a land dispute. I didn't realize the land over there was so valuable.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Holy Begeebus.

Can the Israeli's say "Adios Muchachos".

Well at least that will solve the "Palestinian problem"...

They're all going to suicide bomb on Israels ass

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Foxnews just reported that they just recieved word that Hamas was firing mortars into the Irsaeli settlements in Gaza.

This could be very very bad, the other leaders have promised to rain death upon every house in Israel and the Palestinian PM said it was a dangerous escalation.

If we support this attack by Israel I wonder if we could also see Al Queda retaliate against us, especially since he was blown to pieces outside after prayers at the mosque. Fox showed pieces of the wheelchair and a shoe, most of what was left of him.

Of course then they drop back to their tribute to Rumsfeld, how is this attack not bigger news?

Updated with this quote from BBCNEWS:

"A BBC reporter at the scene in Gaza said Yassin was being pushed in his wheelchair when he was directly hit by an Israeli missile."

Story link:
news.bbc.co.uk...

[Edited on 3/21/2004 by nativeokie]

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
Killing the leader of a group is one sure way to get everyone else fired up.

I just don't understand the whole Palestinian/Israel conflict. I heard it's basically a land dispute. I didn't realize the land over there was so valuable.

From what I understand (which I admit is little) the big issue is religion and land. Both religions claim divine right to the land as their beliefs all began on that land and both "gods" promised the land to them.

Had to update with this.
This came from Israeli National news linked in the origional post. It is funny how they view things in our media

"The CNN & Fox Perspectives
06:29 Mar 22, '04 / 29 Adar 5764

(IsraelNN.com) The early morning IDF aerial strike that targeted Hamas leader Ahmed Yassin is the number one story, resulting in breaking headlines around the world.

CNN in its usual anti-Israel fashion describes Yassin as the Hamas leader, adding �Israel reports� he posed a threat and was behind suicide bombing attacks.

Fox News on the other hand is reporting that Yassin was the terror organization�s leader and stood behind many attacks, quoting his statements vowing to continue striking out against Israeli targets. "

[Edited on 3/21/2004 by nativeokie]

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
07:39 Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades vows war `on sons of Zion;` says there will be a response `within hours`

www.haaretz.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
This is such great news. Big ups to the Jews!

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I just knew this guy was gona get killed by Israel.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Good. That's one more terrorist off the hit list.
Don't you wish our military would turn the restraint
button off as well?
I sure do.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Good he deserved to die making women and children the target of his perversion. May he roast in HELL

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by radstar
Good. That's one more terrorist off the hit list.
button off as well?
I sure do.
Belive me playa Im drinkin a 40oz and dancin in tha streets!

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Here is the potential future as a result of Israels action from debka.com... They may have caused more trouble and created a united enemy from a divided foe...

www.debka.com...

Before Yassin�s death, the Hamas was moving in the opposite direction, boycotting the PA and Arafat and accepting collaboration only with his Fatah-al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades for suicide attacks against Israel. The other party to watch now is Arafat himself.

He may decide to take advantage of Hamas disarray and move in on the Gaza Strip and Gaza City where his people have been pushed to the sidelines in recent weeks. It is doubtful that he can muster the strength for a takeover on this scale. He may therefore hold up Palestinian unity as the crisis watchword and call on Hamas remnants to join forces with PA security units to beat Israel into the ground.

This Sharon government would then be confronted with a Palestinian front fighting for a single slogan: We are all Hamas! This would signal a new stage in the Israel- Palestinian war.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   
After the events that happened at the Ashdod Port and this:
Palestinians celebrate "revenge attack in Ashdod"

and HAMAS admitting this:
Hamas admits being part of global jihad.

Israel issued their strongest warnings in many, many years when they pretty much said that they (Israel) would take DRASTIC actions/measures in reprisal.

Seems that Israel has fullfilled their warning:
Israel army order:
'Wipe out' Hamas --- Directed to 'use any means necessary' to destroy leadership, infrastructure

Sounds and reads like the Israelis are feed-up with the BS and are basically saying, forgive the pun: "Bring it On!"

Tragedy takes a multitude of forms, I hope that this is kept in the scope of containment and not esculated.

seekerof

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I promise the members of ats I will look into this at once I will be back try to get some inside infomation in the next 2 hours this is big deal.

Falcon

This is bad news bad news.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
And the bombings have begun...
Reuters

I think today might be a bad day in that area.

-B.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 04:40 AM
link   
As always this is a further escalation in this dooms process!
Hamas represents at least 20% of the Palestinian people, if you think taking out Yassin has any big use you should kill 1 in 5 Palestinans. And when your finished you can start all over again, I think....

quote: radstar

button off as well?
I sure do.

"Smart!"
Let's do that...hell yeah!
NOT!

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I heard a woman journalist saying that this was uncalled for since Yassin was a spiritual leader and not a militant leader. Yeah, right.

We need one of those little faces that shows somebody with their head in the sand (or up their *ss) for people like her.

john

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 05:06 AM
link   
2 Things so far this morning on the one hand J-2 has had some kind of meeting this morning why I should be keeping my mouth shut on this J-2 stands for Joint Staff Intelligence its a branch off the CJCS thats a abrivation for the Joint Chiefs of Staff why I am currently unaware of what the meeting was about it stands it was about the hamas attack here mentioned. Now as far as I have been able to find out this morning the recent failed coup d'etat against the taiwan president has failed so the powers that be that control the groups like hamas allowed hamas to be attacked by Israel this morning to attempt to kick start a holy war. Why it is currently unclear as to how long the powers that be are going to let the current uprising continue this morning I must also point out that commando solo is in that area because if its use in pre iraq and the need to influence turkey before the war to use there air strips. For those that are not familier with what commando solo is. It is a group of Psychological Warfare Planes composed mainly of C-130's that fly over given areas to use psychological warfare against poplulations. Last year in order to cover up commando solos full misson into iraq at the time cbs news did a small news piece on commando solo. Saying at the time it was dropping flyers in the area and that the iraq people that did not want to be involoved in the war should flee the area. The real thing that happened at that time and how commando solo works is it has large ammounts of radio equipment on board. This is used for sending and reciving signals in given areas of operation. In the case for instance in the first haiti crisis it was used to send coaded messages of calm into the popluation of haiti so that when the current president at the time could come back and it would be a peacefull come back the same thing took place when the united states needed to borrow turkeys airstrips before the iraq war. The technical details of how this plane works can be gone into at a later date but its real and if the current hamas sitution gets out of hand for allies of Israel then commando solo will be used for a psychological operation in order to get hamas under control but from what it sounds like this morning the powers that be are going to allow some attacks against Israel before getting hamas under control. When I get more time later on today I will see what updates I can can later on in the afternoon it is about 4:30am here and I do need to also right a story on Raytheon Honeywell & General Electic Money Laundering as well as e-systems fraud and stealing the election of 2000 so I will get back to this when I get a chance thanks to Banshee for the alert I will find out what more I can later on in the day.

Falcon

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join