It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hospitals Injecting People with Smallpox!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I have just seen this first hand. I am a medical professional, and I have just come into contact with a patient who has been intentionally injected with an active smallpox. Not a dead or weakened form of the virus. The actual virus. This patient is undergoing treatment for cancer, and is receiving injections of smallpox into the affected area. The patient knew he was being injected, and agreed to it. Where did the virus come from. How did it get out of the "control" of the government. Why is it just floating around this hospital.

The most troubling part of this whole thing is that the patient told me this is phase 2 of this experimental treatment he is undergoing. Phase 1 started in Korea a few years ago. WHERE did the Koreans get the smallpox virus? Why haven't we heard of this before? How far will this go? This really has me and my family worried.

No. I will not tell people where this occurred other than to say it is in the North Western part of the United States. Yes. I did see/read this in the patients chart, as well as the patient and the entire nursing staff of that floor knew about it.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I don't know anything first hand about this, but after googling found quite a bit of information about it. A lot of dated several years ago when this was still in the testing phase, so perhaps they've finally figured out how to use smallpox to treat cancer. Here's a few links I found:

Scientists Altering Smallpox Vaccine to Fight Cancer

Can Smallpox Vaccine Fight Cancer?

They're both dated 2003...I wasn't able to find much with more current dates.

Michelle

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Webpirate, a quick search on the internet found me this article so perhaps this is not such a anomalous event as I initially thought.
findarticles.com...

And here is a quote from the article (2003):

WASHINGTON -- The smallpox vaccine may be reborn -- as a cancer treatment. Scientists are rigging up the vaccine to carry an extra load, genes that signal the immune system to start fighting advanced tumors. Why use such a risky vaccine to do that job? The same super- reactive characteristics that make smallpox inoculation prone to some bad, occasionally deadly, side effects are, as the altered shots' creator puts it, "an immunologist's dream": They may rev up an immune system that too often misses cancer.

Very interesting article and very scary...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Michelle129

Michelle we must have posted at the same time but you beat me to it ... nice Googling skills

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies guys. Please be aware though that this was not the smallpox vaccine. This was the live virus itself. There were contact precautions. Isolations involved with the patient. That may be why you guys couldn't find anything new. Those articles have some similarities in theories to what I saw, but I was told, by the floor nurses, the patient himself, and I read it in his hospital chart this was the virus. That's why i am so upset about this.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
But don't you think that the precautions are normal even for a "rigged virus"? I mean this is a hospital and a hospital will many other sick people who would not need to be contaminated by a virus - especially where wide-scale treatments have not been tested/approved. I think in the US you have the FDA and they do occasionally allow limited use of experimental treatments under very strict usage restrictions.

And correct me if I am wrong, but isnt the smallpox vaccine like a flu shot? In other words its not a "dead virus", but it is something very much alive that gives the body time (or a blueprint on which) to build up antibodies against?

I am not trying to diminish your post - merely offering alternative suggestions.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Interesting that there would be no 'quarantine' for the patient, as to not spread in germs.

Although you do not wish to name the hospital, can you say if it is a 'Testing' hospital of sorts?

It doesn't seem a mainstream type of treatment, and certain protocols or preparations would have to be met.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
On the subject of using viruses to treat cancer.. apparently people with herpes simplex virus have a decreased rates of certain cancers. It is related to smallpox virus so it makes sense that they would be experimenting with it.

Please be aware though that this was not the smallpox vaccine. This was the live virus itself.

This has probably already been mentioned but.. wasn't the old smallpox vaccine made with "active" virus cells anyway? It just sounds like he's getting small localised doses of it.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Erm i seem to remember that the smallpox virus has been used in TB vaccines as well. It's perfectly safe if used responsibly as they are not injecting the actual virus just a modified kind. They are using smallpoxes ability to infiltrate cells to put in the genetic information they need.

I suppose it's like a carrier pigeon, you can just put on the message you want.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember
And correct me if I am wrong, but isnt the smallpox vaccine like a flu shot? In other words its not a "dead virus"

The flu SHOT is a dead virus. The nasal mist flu vaccine stuff is modified live. In the case of modified live it is a concern as someone with a weak immune system should not take it, or even be around someone that DID take it (because the vaccinated person could shed a weakened version of the virus).

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Apparently one of the new directions in trying to kill cancers involves modified viruses. So what you've seen is a clinical trial in progress although it's not clear if it's a Stage 1 or Stage 2 clinical trial.

Here's some news on it : www.wired.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I read yesterday that the plague infected a boyscout in wy. He is on antibiotics and doing fine.
A strange world we live in. Why can we not eradicate disease? Have you read "The Global Brain"? It states that we are all bacteria, its just that humans are one of the less developed ones. maybe some truth in that.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I read yesterday that the plague infected a boyscout in wy. He is on antibiotics and doing fine.
A strange world we live in. Why can we not eradicate disease? Have you read "The Global Brain"? It states that we are all bacteria, its just that humans are one of the less developed ones. maybe some truth in that.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Viruses have been used in experiments for a very long time. Smallpox happens to be one of the better ones at carrying information to cells. Viral vectors will become a very big industry in the future in my opinion. Being able to deliver genes, medications and other things will be a massive boon to medicine.

I don't see the big problem in trying the experiments.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

I found this list of ongoing or recent clinical trials involving the use of live vaccinia virus (the virus in the smallpox vaccine, which is not identical to but is closely related to smallpox, allowing our immune systems to produce antibodies effective against both viruses) in cancer treatments.

Did the chart (assuming that it wouldn't be a violation of the patient's privacy for you to check it) specify whether it was vaccinia or variola or varicella virus?

top topics

join