It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LHC End of World in 2 days!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyquantum
I hope it doesn't end cause I just brought a new mattress and TV and have not had enough time to enjoy them!

That's more than enough reason to keep this world spinning.

Does anyone know when they fire that baby up?

- Lee

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
The main tests won't be until december because of the huge cost.

So the guy commentating on BBC news 24 said anyway.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
so whats the next end of the world for us to live through??

or are we sticking with cern until febuary when they are back from thier winter break and deffinatley going full speed on the collisions

cant wait for 2012 though thats going to be fun 47 different end of the worlds happening in one year

planet nirbu causing global tectonic destruction, jesus comin to save/kill us again along with the greys martians klingons Nephilim and a host of others

magnetic fluxes, the earth spinning backwards, nuclear war pretty sure i missed a few

maybe a forum where we could count down all the new and wonderful end of the worlds and all celebrate when they dont happen could be in order

unless thier is one and i havnt been paying attention

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I think we're all safe, and there'll be bigger news stories mid october i believe.

there are larger fish to fry us...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
There is nothing about this on American media - FOXNews have not even mentioned it once.

Christian fundamentalists have been contacting the BBC all day; these individuals believe the experiment should be halted because it violates, contradicts and is "insensate" towards God

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
A newspaper article states the LHC test firing was successful and the earth failed to take notice.
I especially liked the quote by 2 Russian scientists that said it would open the door to time travel and we should expect visits from people from the future. Whew that is great news...we have a future...woohoo !!!
Flat Worlders unite and proclaim your truth from the roof tops. LOL.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
2 days??? It takes months for the LHC to get to "full power". Pardon the one liner.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
bet you feel stupid for making this thread now huh?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
There is nothing about this on American media - FOXNews have not even mentioned it once.

Christian fundamentalists have been contacting the BBC all day; these individuals believe the experiment should be halted because it violates, contradicts and is "insensate" towards God

could it be atlas and the other 3 detectors wont image the decaying left over bits of protons but on this scale will infact produce pictures of god doing mundane but personal things like using the toilet, hanging his boxer shorts on the washing line, walking his dog?

silly fundamentalists dont they know anything the catholic church says is true is true. pope's (even a nazi one) has gods cell number so what ever they say god agrees with. and it was a cathoilic priest/sciency guy that invented the bigbang thoery in the first place

for once the catholic crazyness pays off for the good of mankind and science

nazi pope beats religeous extremist any day, you may have extreme and worrying views but he has a jack knife in his boot and he can forgive him self if he uses it

[edit on 10-9-2008 by noobfun]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I don't think they actually smashed atoms today? I think they only sent a single element around the track in a test run? I think it's only fully operational after a while to do what it was intended to do- smash atoms.

This isn't over yet.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
FOR THE LAST TIME PEOPLE, THEYRE JUST TESTING HOW THE MACHINE WORKS AS OF RIGHT NOW, THEYRE NOT COLLIDING ANYTHING FOR A GOOD WHILE. THEY WANT TO TEST TO MAKE SURE ALL THE MACHINERY MEETS THE PROPER STANDARDS FOR WHEN THEY DO START THE EXPERIMENT.

Sorry for yelling but theres a lot of people out there right now that are very misinformed.
-Z-

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZyPHeR
FOR THE LAST TIME PEOPLE, THEYRE JUST TESTING HOW THE MACHINE WORKS AS OF RIGHT NOW, THEYRE NOT COLLIDING ANYTHING FOR A GOOD WHILE. THEY WANT TO TEST TO MAKE SURE ALL THE MACHINERY MEETS THE PROPER STANDARDS FOR WHEN THEY DO START THE EXPERIMENT.

Sorry for yelling but theres a lot of people out there right now that are very misinformed.
-Z-

Though everything you say is true, you didn't take into account the 1.5 tesla MRI I just took.

I'm back home now so I can attest that we're all good on DC. Cheney's got a gun (great song by the way) and looking out for rogue hadrons from his porch.

Note to locals: Avoid Mass AVE.

So MRI's are clear if you don't mind lethargic sperm, and have no affect on LHC.

PS. we're a more lower case crowd around here. caps hurt us.

[edit on 9/10/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
nice fantasies people have here, and the time to have them

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
end of the world huh, I hate you sorry bastards that think the world is ending everytime a new experiment is executed, look at history, how many times have people said the world is going to end and it never happend so what makes you think that this is going to do it. when the world is going to end it won't be on tv or radio, it'll be in the streets. everyone will die before anyone knows it and that is how it will be.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Everything juggalo says is LIES!! Just kidding jug lol. For real, the EOTW is 2012... read into it. The world isnt due to end for another 4 years... so LIVE IT UP!!! Im not saying u wont die before then, just saying the world isnt gonna be over before then. If it does, then the mayans screwed up.

-Z-

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Well, OK. You caught us! We physicists really ARE going to destroy the world. But the world really isn't in all that great shape anyway. So we just thought that no one would mind if we imploded the planet into a black hole. Heck, we elected Bush, didn't we?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LHC_2008
Date and times have been set and they are soon approaching. On the 10th September 2008 the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) will project its first beam scientists outside of CERN suggest that the black holes whom are created by this "Death" machine, have the possibility of destroying the earth. It is also suggested that this 27km machine may have enough magnetic power (it uses magnets do guide the beams) to shut down the earths magnetosphere, in other words...We will have no protection from the suns radiation, and will fry in seconds! Remember-Mars has no magnetosphere and was once suggested in did! So what do you think will happen?

CERN: European Organisation for Nuclear Research Official Website

You're a false prophet.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join