It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican 911 "Tribute" Video is INNAPROPTIATE

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Republican 911 "Tribute" Video is INNAPROPTIATE

This is NOT a tribute it is a CAMPAIGN Video and disgraceful one at that. Watch Keith Olbermann at about 4:26 he nails it BIG

The Republican walk across the dead victims and laugh in the face of the survivors. It is a disgrace that a party that uses this imagery for its own campaign purposes when the jury is still out on exactly what happened that day.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by setfree

The "jury is only out" for the few remaining conspiracy nuts out there who hold onto the belief that somehow "we" are responsible for what happened on 9/11.

For everyone else. Remembering what happened is a way to pay tribute to those who lost their lives. It's a way to remind ourselves that we must protect ourselves from threats.

After all, forgetting the past is the easiest way to repeat it.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

The "conspiracy nuts" are growing in number daily as more and more actually look at where the evidence - both available and curiously withheld - point to.

The "few?" Give me a break.

As for this "patriotic" video... It made me sick to my stomach. It was clearly a gut piece, using that contrived event for yet more emotional control of the masses.

Man, the mileage they're still getting with it! They're probably still patting one another on their respective backs at pulling it off and clearly think their handiwork is theirs to use as they see fit in continuing the dupe of the American people.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Just like Giuliani's speech mentioning that the DNC didn't mention 9/11 at all, it's just fear/patriotism mongering. Regardless of the truth of 9/11, all this is, all it will ever be is a cheap tactic only useful against sheep.

[edit on 9/5/2008 by eNumbra]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

Indeed.

Can you explain how your memory of the past connects the Iranian hostage crisis with the attacks on 9/11 as depicted in the video?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I watched the video and found NOTHING offensive or inappropriate in it at all.

I think the only inappropriate thing is Olberman making his personal opinion known and IMHO, trying to twist the way people viewed the tribute.

Just another example of the media leaning to the left ... sometimes to the point where they fall completely over!

Jemison

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mister.old.school

Indeed.

Can you explain how your memory of the past connects the Iranian hostage crisis with the attacks on 9/11 as depicted in the video?

It doesn't but if you repeat a lie often enough it becomes the truth.

They are making the case that Iran is connected, creating a justification for any actions they plan to take in the near future.

Frankly seeing this now, long after McCains 'bomb Iran' quote unquote "Joke", I'd be stupified if we didn't attack Iran.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
I watched the video and found NOTHING offensive or inappropriate in it at all.

I think the only inappropriate thing is Olberman making his personal opinion known and IMHO, trying to twist the way people viewed the tribute.

Just another example of the media leaning to the left ... sometimes to the point where they fall completely over!

Jemison

Sheesh! I agree. I am not republican (nor democrat, mind you), but god forbid that we remember and pay tribute to the people who died on that day. The ONLY ones that I see spinning this and making it an issue of debate are the democrats.

Is nothing sacred to you? The events on this day are still VERY relevant in making a choice as to who will lead us in this country next.

The fact that the democrats didn't pay tribute says a lot about that party in my humble opinion.

And there has been no concrete proof that 9/11 was inside job. If there had been, well, no one would be arguing about it now would they? What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Your country was attacked and some of you are so quick to point the finger back on us without concrete proof.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison and to justamomma

Did you catch the line on the order of, "We will have a president that knows how" to handle the issue of all these "terrorists" out of the middle east.

Implying McCain is the one.

And I just can't see it as a "tribute" to the dead by building up the "evil" terrorists, making it look like there is a huge army out to "kill Americans."

A tribute is not something filled with fear-mongering, lies, and political gains.

How you can think this is ANY WAY a tribute to the dead, I cannot fathom.

This is a propaganda piece sold as a "tribute."

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
It is a cheap exploitation of a tragic event with loose, irrational, associations with previous tragic events. I really don't get it. The most disturbing thing to me was the cheerful applause by the mindless audience. Do these people ever exhibit an appropriate response to anything?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Fair question. I guess maybe it is because that is my perspective on the events. To me, whether it had been the democrats, republicans, or 'dubbya' himself who had put out such a video, in my heart and in my perspective it would have been a moment to reflect on the tragic events of that day and all who were lost as a result.

If you want to view it as propaganda, then *you* are the one disrespecting their memories. If McCain's intent was for a political boost (which I am not saying that wasn't necessarily the intent), it doesn't mean that I have to view it in that light and IF IT WAS, then that is between him and his conscience. I watched that video and honestly, politics was not what I was thinking, but rather my personal experience and feeling at watching the events live.

Saying it was inappropriate is more a reflection of where your (generalized) heart is... not mine. Never is there a bad time to remember the wound on the heart of America.

And I say that w/out bias to the republican party as I have yet to be convinced to vote for McCain and honestly doubt, unless by some miracle that he shows he is worthy, that I will.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

Fair question. I guess maybe it is because that is my perspective on the events. To me, whether it had been the democrats, republicans, or 'dubbya' himself who had put out such a video, in my heart and in my perspective it would have been a moment to reflect on the tragic events of that day and all who were lost as a result.

They got you, didn't they. You are reacting just as they hoped.

If you want to view it as propaganda, then *you* are the one disrespecting their memories.

Not so. I respect them more than to use their memory as a fear-mongering backhanded plug for a specific candidate/party. If *you* want to disregard the disrespectful nature of this piece, then it is *you* who are caught in their net.

If McCain's intent was for a political boost (which I am not saying that wasn't necessarily the intent), it doesn't mean that I have to view it in that light and IF IT WAS, then that is between him and his conscience.

I guess, except it's being used as a manipulation device - to get people to "remember that fateful day" and get angry at "the muslim jihadists" and want to take them out - when it's pretty clear that 9/11 was NOT done by anyone but the evil that lurks in our government.

I watched that video and honestly, politics was not what I was thinking, but rather my personal experience and feeling at watching the events live.

And I watched and was aghast at the build-up of the "muslim terroist threat," thinking "How is this any kind of tribute. This is fear-mongering with the same creppola they have been trying to sell us, and which they used to get us into two wars so far, and are hoping to push us into a third with!"

Saying it was inappropriate is more a reflection of where your (generalized) heart is... not mine. Never is there a bad time to remember the wound on the heart of America.

Again, I suppose, but then *I* am not a sheeple. I have watched the game they play, and this all falls into the same game that they have been playing since it happened. And *I* do think that playing manipulation games on the back of the dead is inappropriate, yes.

And I say that w/out bias to the republican party as I have yet to be convinced to vote for McCain and honestly doubt, unless by some miracle that he shows he is worthy, that I will.

Well, I am glad to hear THAT much...but I'm guessing that it will be Obama-puppet rather than McCain-puppet you will choose. Me? I'm voting for Ron Paul.

[edit on 9/5/2008 by Amaterasu]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

reply to post by setfree

The "jury is only out" for the few remaining conspiracy nuts out there who hold onto the belief that somehow "we" are responsible for what happened on 9/11.

I guess in all these years after 9/11 you've forgotten about all the evidence. Also you've forgotten that 1 in 10 Americans (and a lot higher percent overseas) believe the US government is responsible.

The conspiracy nuts believe that 9/11 was carried out by a conspiracy of 19 cavemen armed with box-cutters. The rest of us are conspiracy non-nuts who have looked at the evidence and believe they had help from western government.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by truthquest]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   

uhm, ok

Great job of showing you are not a "sheeple" (even the term that is used in the 'conspiracy herd' shows that you are of the herd mentality... maybe cattle, in your case? no?)

First off, it is NOT clear that 9/11 was an inside job. In fact, I have seen more credible evidence by those who support the official story than by those who believe it was the gov't, that you most likely support even now financially.

Don't say it is clear our government did it without showing exactly how you *think* it is clear. Proof.. if we are adhering to the often ignored motto, that is.

And no, just like you most likely have not looked at the ACTUAL evidence of 9/11 and just blindly bought into the conspiracy theorist herd mentality (as is evidence by the very worn out "sheeple" term), you definately did not bother reading my posts or you would have known that I view Obama to be the worst thing for this country since the TERRORISTS who highjacked the planes on 9/11.

Ron Paul will be on my ticket for 2008.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthquest

reply to post by setfree

I guess in all these years after 9/11 you've forgotten about all the evidence. Also you've forgotten that 1 in 10 Americans (and a lot higher percent overseas) believe the US government is responsible.

The conspiracy nuts believe that 9/11 was carried out by a conspiracy of 19 cavemen armed with box-cutters. The rest of us are conspiracy non-nuts who have looked at the evidence and believe they had help from western government.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by truthquest]

And how is saying that "1 in 10 Americans believe the US government is responsible," not propaganda. You and everyone on ATS that accuse the US government of carrying out 9-11 are spitting out propaganda!

"Propaganda: a concerted set of messages aimed at influencing the opinions or behaviors of large numbers of people. As opposed to impartially providing information, propaganda in its most basic sense presents information in order to influence its audience. Propaganda often presents facts selectively (thus lying by omission) to encourage a particular synthesis, or gives loaded messages in order to produce an emotional rather than rational response to the information presented. The desired result is a change of the cognitive narrative of the subject in the target audience to further a political agenda."

Whether or not the showing of this video was in good taste or not means nothing. The fact of the matter is that they were trying to portray the danger that very much still exist for this country, and that the best candidate to deal with this threat is John McCain. After all, that is what an election is all about. To show that your candidate it the best fit for the job.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   

uhm, ok

Great job of showing you are not a "sheeple" (even the term that is used in the 'conspiracy herd' shows that you are of the herd mentality... maybe cattle, in your case? no?)

Ah, yes. That I have looked the evidence over, as well as the curiosity of evidence withheld, coming to the evaluation I have on my own (and rather knew it was an inside job from the get-go) is irrelevant, I suppose. Because I independently made these conclusions does indeed make me part of a herd. I roll my eyes a bit.

First off, it is NOT clear that 9/11 was an inside job.

To those who cling to the paradigm that the Government would never become corrupted, never do anything to harm us, cares about us always...I would guess this would be the case. With an emotional investment of that sort, seeing the forest beyond the trees is problematic.

In fact, I have seen more credible evidence by those who support the official story than by those who believe it was the gov't, that you most likely support even now financially.

Awesome! Please show *me* that evidence. I have seen none. And what has my "financial support" got to do with anything? Any "financial support" I might be providing is *involuntary...*

Don't say it is clear our government did it without showing exactly how you *think* it is clear. Proof.. if we are adhering to the often ignored motto, that is.

Oh, the list is long, presented (in abundance, and over and over) in threads here, and is off topic. I guess I presumed you were strong enough to have looked away from the safe paradigm to see how it all adds up (I mean, the Pres and VP refusing to testify under oath - and insisting on being together, at that! - should be a minor clue that things are not what they say they are). [shrug]

But if you're happier in your paradigm, enjoy that, then.

And no, just like you most likely have not looked at the ACTUAL evidence of 9/11 and just blindly bought into the conspiracy theorist herd mentality (as is evidence by the very worn out "sheeple" term),

I have poured through the evidence. I watched a 900+ page document (that could have taken no less that 2 years to produce, and maybe up to 5) land on Congress's lap in less than 2 months after the incident - one that stripped the Constitution and Bill of Rights from us - and knew that such a tidy package would NOT have been produced by people "hoping" we could someday provoke an attack. Only if the attack was planned and orchestrated by those who produced all that would such a thing have been created in anticipation of the event. Just one thing out of hundreds.

And that I use the commonly accepted term for people who cling to the "the Government loves me and would NEVER repeat Hitler's Reichstag to gain power over me" paradigm is NOT indicative of anything except that I am aware of what it means and know where its use is appropriate.

you definately did not bother reading my posts or you would have known that I view Obama to be the worst thing for this country since the TERRORISTS who highjacked the planes on 9/11.

I see your "subtle" dig. That the terrorists that hijacked planes were our own government is, I guess, irrelevant... I apologize if I failed to catch that. I do miss things occasionally.

Ron Paul will be on my ticket for 2008.

Now that is truly awesome. [smile] Regardless of the fact that you somehow see things relative to the New Pearl Harbor differently than I do, at least we can agree that Paul has the founding documents at heart in his bid for President, unlike the puppets sold to us as if they're our only choice.

[edit on 9/6/2008 by Amaterasu]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chucktah
And how is saying that "1 in 10 Americans believe the US government is responsible," not propaganda. You and everyone on ATS that accuse the US government of carrying out 9-11 are spitting out propaganda!

Because propaganda is not truth. It's twisting facts to manipulate public perception. Saying, "1 in 10 Americans believe the US government is responsible," is the truth.

As for the many of us saying these things...what would be our motivation in twisting facts to manipulate public perception? We come from all walks of life, all political parties, all religious persuasions, all age groups, with no one common thing about all of us except that we have viewed the evidence and have said, "If this was NOT an inside job, it does not make any sense."

If you take any other perspective, improbability upon improbability mount, until the likelihood of that perspective being true is virtually nil. If you approach it from the standpoint of an inside job, there is NOTHING that is improbable. It all goes as planned.

"Propaganda: a concerted set of messages aimed at influencing the opinions or behaviors of large numbers of people. As opposed to impartially providing information, propaganda in its most basic sense presents information in order to influence its audience.

You're missing the twisting and exaggeration that propaganda entails. Spreading truth to motivate is a far cry from propaganda.

Propaganda often presents facts selectively (thus lying by omission) to encourage a particular synthesis, or gives loaded messages in order to produce an emotional rather than rational response to the information presented. The desired result is a change of the cognitive narrative of the subject in the target audience to further a political agenda."

Ah, here it is...sort of. Still, it is NOT propaganda when, out of sincere concern that things are very wrong, one brings up truth. It is a twisting of facts (calling a truth "propaganda," for example) that is propaganda.

Whether or not the showing of this video was in good taste or not means nothing. The fact of the matter is that they were trying to portray the danger that very much still exist for this country, and that the best candidate to deal with this threat is John McCain.

And that is a tribute??? No... That is fear-mongering with a backhanded plug for a candidate/party riding on the back of the dead.

After all, that is what an election is all about. To show that your candidate it the best fit for the job.

All fine and good, but this was supposedly a TRIBUTE to the 9/11 dead. And it was NOT. It was a manipulation device, using the dead as the emotional ploy to bypass critical thinking.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Do you even bother reading your own replies before posting? I am dizzy now having watched you run around in circles.
I love how *your* truth isn't required to be based in facts.

Edited to add: You *knew* the truth from the get go? wow, even the truthers can't settle on what the truth actually is, but you *knew* it? Mind if I ask how you *knew* by posting some facts? I mean, if you KNEW, then surely you have some facts to support such a big claim.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Do you even bother reading your own replies before posting? I am dizzy now having watched you run around in circles.
I love how *your* truth isn't required to be based in facts.

HUH!?! How do you get that from my post? Please be specific and not throw about vague insinuations.

I gave two sets of facts (Pres & VP behaving as none who have nothing to hide would, and the "Patriot" Act having been in the works and fully prepared LONG before 9/11), and asked you for YOUR facts. Instead, you accuse ME of not basing my view on facts!

Quit the accusation game and give me your facts.

Edited to add: You *knew* the truth from the get go? wow, even the truthers can't settle on what the truth actually is, but you *knew* it? Mind if I ask how you *knew* by posting some facts? I mean, if you KNEW, then surely you have some facts to support such a big claim.

Oh, now this is just silly. I said I knew it was done from the inside of our government. I did NOT say I KNEW ALL THE DETAILS.

The Truth-Seekers are still trying to get the details down, and I cannot claim I know the details fully, even today, as so much was as well hidden as it could be. But I knew that in a crime, the accused are innocent until proven guilty, and the mere FACT that it was less than two hours from the time of the second tower impact that the statement that "Bin Laden did it" came out, and that is NOT what would have been said if it was unexpected and unplanned.

They would have come out - at the most - and said, "There is evidence that might link Bin Laden; further investigations and forensics will be used to determine whether this is the case."

No... They needed their scapegoat up front and center as soon after the incident as possible so as to take advantage of the emotional impact, bypassing critical thinking. And man, it worked like a charm. Very few were calling for honest investigation and most grabbed onto Bin Laden with both fists.

Back on topic... This "tribute" is clearly more of the emotional bypassing of critical thinking.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Things that do not definitively prove that our government was involved

1. Assumptions and/or theories

2. Lack of Evidence

3. And this last one is specific, as you cited it.. the patriot act. I agree that it was obviously written for quite some time and YES!! Anyone who knows what I stand for KNOWS that I do not agree with its being implemented.. but this does NOT prove that 9/11 was an inside job. It just does not!

Obviously there are corrupt people in our government and obviously there are corrupt things that are being implemented into our daily lives.. but this does not mean that all are corrupt and it certainly doesn't mean there are not corrupt GROUPS of ppl in other societies that have an agenda of some sort with the western world in general.

I still am not subscribing completely and wholly either way on the 9/11 stories. I am actually being shown both sides by someone who has been on both sides of the fence and thus far, the evidence that is cited by the truthers (I don't understand this label) has been effectively debunked.

But you have made several assumptions just in your replies to me on this thread and therefore it shows that you are willing to jump to conclusions simply based on the distorted one sided view you hold to. I can't do that. I want to see what is actually going on in this world and that means not subscribing to anything until I have facts that show that I can.

I have had to admit I was wrong numerous times on this board and have done so because I am not looking to make everything fit into my view of the world. I am rather looking to get my view in line with what is actually THE truth.

This one truth I know. The events of 9/11 occurred. People died in horrific ways. This is all relevent to the choices that we are now facing. This is something that we should remember despite who wants us to remember and for whatever their purpose is.

See, I am not of a herd mentality. I can view this video and not be swayed by fear and/or anger toward or against anyone, but have my own solemn rememberance for the ppl that died on our soil that day and reflect on how far I have personally come since it occurred.... my own thoughts and my own experience.

It is not about politics to me and therefore, like I said, it could have been obama and/or ron paul's video and still, my thoughts would have been the same.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join