It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rense.com Now Under Severe, Routine Attack

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   

We are being regularly hacked and taken down by the dark side. We cannot trace the exact point of origin but these are highest level ops...of that there is no question. We are back up now and profoundly appreciate your support. No other world news service is being assaulted like this so we know rense.com and all those who support its Freedom of Speech and freedom of journalistic inquiry are directly on and over the target. Thank you for your kind emails and gracious patience. We ARE taking more steps to upgrade our security but the opposition is literally the top of the Westen power structure seeking to remake America in its image. Something I am dedicated to opposing to the last. - Jeff Rense
www.rense.com...

Is the time started where goverments silence alternative news sources ?

Maybe show our supo\port by visiting rense even more.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Shame, I guess. They're a beacon of free speech.

That said, that site kind of...nauseats me. As far as I'm concerned, eight (...eight and a half) years ago, they helped get Bush elected with their incessant anti-Gore propaganda. Now they're doing the same thing to Obama.

To hell with rense dot com.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Unfortunate but not unexpected.
Usually these attacks are a blessing in disguise.
Most sites won't upgrade their security unless forced by circumstance.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I think the government has more things to worry about and do with its time than to be trying to shunt out some website.

It is probably just some hackers with nothing better to do...as usual.

I suggest they go practice their guitar hero some more and air guitar their way to success.

Cheers!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

IMO Rense is not the "ultimate target" when it comes to "Alternative news". There are other sites doing much more "damage". Rense simply do not have any sort of quality control, and thus doesn't carry any weight under serious "investigators"...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Hmm, not sure what to make of that exactly...

Rense.com is more of an aggregate site, in that they take stuff from different sources and put it one spot.

There was something not so long ago supposedly about Obama supporters trying to crash the site.

I have noticed it to be slow a few days ago or not come up at all, so it must be getting pummeled by a few people.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by mattguy404]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Right Gemwolf, what have you been doing to them?
Even though they're not worth it that is.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I like rense!
I take their news and google it, to see if it's true.
It usually is.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
If i remember correctly, did rense not publish an article some years ago that they where on some government watchlist.
Listed as a potential national treath.

I cant find the article any more do.
Maybe some one else has it.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf

IMO Rense is not the "ultimate target" when it comes to "Alternative news". There are other sites doing much more "damage". Rense simply do not have any sort of quality control, and thus doesn't carry any weight under serious "investigators"...

I dont think rense.com is the ultimate target, that doesnt mean they could not be attacked for beeing a lesser target.

Even if rense doesnt fall under the "serious investigators" he still creates a free investigating mindset among people.
Maybe with even more power than the "serious investigators" because people seek conformation of their feeling that something is not right.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
There i found it :

How to Identify Misinformation

Certain websites, publications, and individuals are known for spreading false stories, including:

Aljazeera.com, a deceptive, look-alike website that has sought to fool people into thinking it is run by the Qatari satellite television station Al Jazeera
Jihad Unspun, a website run by a Canadian woman who converted to Islam after the September 11 attacks when she became convinced that Osama bin Laden was right
Islam Memo (Mafkarat-al-Islam), which spreads a great deal of disinformation about Iraq.
(More details on Islam Memo and Jihad Unspun in English and Arabic.)

There are many conspiracy theory websites, which contain a great deal of unreliable information. Examples include:

Rense.com
Australian “private investigator” Joe Vialls, who died in 2005
Conspiracy Planet
Extremist groups, such as splinter communist parties, often publish disinformation. This can be especially difficult to identify if the false allegations are published by front groups. Front groups purport to be independent, non-partisan organizations but actually controlled by political parties or groups. Some examples of front groups are:
usinfo.state.gov...

So it seems that the government does have some interest in these sites.

rense.com is mentioned besides www.Aljazeera.com
So is rense.com seen as a national treath ?

Anyway, the article shows that some government forces do take an interest in the rense.com site and put time and resources in it to discredit the site.

Again, rense might not be the best site for investigating information, but many general people go to the site for information.
Isnt it normal that most general people dont tent to be the best journalists but mostly follow their emotions while looking for news.
I think that is one of the reasons rense is so popular.

Government does NOT want you to visit these 10 websites

[edit on 4-9-2008 by jaamaan]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Rense site is obsessed with Jew hating. Very ignorant and over the top. I am not Jewish and I wish they did run the world, as Rense implies. The world would be a much better place. The Rense site is a good source for a general roundup of news and weirdness. Outrageous hatred of Jews reveals much about the inner make up of a person. He is kind of a clown in that respect.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

We've had a couple of run-ins with Rense.com... on several occasions they lifted entire posts from ATS with out credit or attribution of any type. When we finally got in contact to request a link back to ATS, they simply removed the material and didn't give proper attribution.

I really don't think these "attacks" are from anything other than a mischievous person who took issue with Rense over some point. If the attacks really were from "highest level ops," the site would never return.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

He has Jewish origin, Benjamin Fulford, whom he interviews a lot has Jewish ancestry as well. He makes an enormous difference between Jewish people, and Zionists. In his last video interview with Benjamin he says that the Jewish people are just like everyone else, good people, but the Zionists ,I wonder which 2 bankers in particular in the US and UK he talks of here
, are godless, athiestic, geopolitical, evil psychopaths, who fund and profit off every war, they set up Hitler and funded the holocaust against their own people. Everyone is fodder to these creeps.
The reality is what it is, and its not racism to point out just who those godless geopolitical evil pschos are.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by mystiq]

[edit on 4-9-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Well it sounds like some hackers have targeted them and Jeff Rense is combining paranoia and visions of grandeur in claiming it's the creme-de-la-creme of the PTB that are after him.

After all, the site actually shut down for several weeks about two years ago because they'd bungled up their servers/hosting in a staggeringly sophomoric way. Just forgot to make a backup (Hello?!) and lost the whole site.

So these guys are not particularly IT savvy. What a surprise that the hackers get to them so easily...

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Rense site is obsessed with Jew hating. Very ignorant and over the top. I am not Jewish

They don't hate jews!
They hate the zionism!
Big difference. As Biden said, "You don't have to be jewish to be a zionist"
There are MANY orthodox and moderate jews who HATE zionism!
Are they anti-semitic?
And arabs are 'semitic', so are YOU anti-semitic?
A great gulf between judaism and zionism

and I wish they did run the world, as Rense implies.

What???
We're almost there!

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
He has Jewish origin, Benjamin Fulford, whom he interviews a lot has Jewish ancestry as well.

I didn't know that!
I think they might have put quotations from ATS there, without 'sourcing', because they post so MANY news stories and articles, it would be time consuming???
Just a thought.
Also, saying you got your story from a conspiracy site doesn't exactly ADD to the credibility of the article.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

I used to be a regular reader of sense until I found ATS. I just resonated more with this site than rense because they give us all the information whereas rense wanted money for his best stuff.

They also separate themselves from the members and readers and here we are intertwined with the staff. Rense is not approachable, our owners are very interactive.

What really got me was that this site is so much more user friendly, and the links and verification and moderation can not be beat. I do not have to wonder if its true or not here on ATS, at least to the best of our staffs ability, the truth is what we work towards and I can trust that, (except skunkworks sometimes).

If rense had used his money for staying current on the latest technology like our site, this would not have happened.

I Love ATS for the safety we have here, and if we ever did have trouble, it would not keep a good site down.

Rense site is obsessed with Jew hating. Very ignorant and over the top. I am not Jewish and I wish they did run the world, as Rense implies. The world would be a much better place. The Rense site is a good source for a general roundup of news and weirdness. Outrageous hatred of Jews reveals much about the inner make up of a person. He is kind of a clown in that respect.

That was the biggest reason I quit his site all together, it got SO confusing with all the Zionist pieces.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by antar]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

Rense site is obsessed with Jew hating. Very ignorant and over the top. I am not Jewish

They don't hate jews!
They hate the zionism!
Big difference. As Biden said, "You don't have to be jewish to be a zionist"

I'm going to chime in here as I've been checking out Rense more-or-less regularly for a long time. I understand what clearskies is saying, but what puts me off is that this is often the thin end of the wedge for some pretty scary white supremicist talk. More than once I've emailed the site to say "This is where your 'item' took me...are you going to stand behind this kind of site?" I've also shown where some of their content is straight disinformation and proves itself to be so...yet it is there on their site.

I think their altruistic 1'st Amendment disclaimer allows them to dump a lot of crap on some impressionable types without taking any responsability. They are an alternative site...they already use screens, they just need a finer mesh to filter out the worst of the Bravo Sierra.
...and remember, getting 'hacked by "the top of the Westen power structure seeking to remake America in its image" gives them cred, right?

And just what does Wikipedia say about disinformation?

When channels of information cannot be completely closed, they can be rendered useless by filling them with disinformation, effectively lowering their signal-to-noise ratio and discrediting the opposition by association with a lot of easily-disproved false claims.

Happy Trails, y'all.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I think the government has more things to worry about and do with its time than to be trying to shunt out some website.

nope to be honest they dont have anything better to do , they spend most of thier time and resources doing everything they can to stay in power as opposed to governing the country in an effective manner.

its the way of modern politics , do not which is right for the country ,but that which is right for you and your party ,ie staying in power at all costs.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join