It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr.Ron Paul 9/2/08 Rally for the Republic!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
For anyone who may not have seen Dr. Ron Paul address the crowd at yesterdays Rally for the Republic, it was something to behold.

Take a look at these videos of Dr. Paul's speech that he made to an enthusiastic crowd of over 15,000. Listen to his message, take a moment and listen to his ideas. The Revolution is growing every day, and what you will find are not anti Americans or fringe lunatics as the corrupt media will tell you.

Ron Paul's message gives me hope that even if nothing is done this election year that at least the voice of revolution and dissent is spreading and growing. We may not get everything done in one year, but these revolutionary ideas have been forged and the will of the people will one day overcome and prevail.

God bless Ron Paul, a great man and a great American.

Here is the entire speech from yesterdays event.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I saw that last night. I'm sort of mad at myself for watching it. I had accepted Palin as satisfactory and was all set to pull the lever for her (and unfortunately McCain) when watching him brought me back to to debates when I was pulling my hair out wondering why the hell people weren't listening to this man, the only one up there with any real grasp of the state we are in and offering actual real solutions.

I'm one of those he mentioned last night that is frustrated with the slow pace of the "revolution." I'll either end up writing in Paul and pulling out the rest of my hair or focus on my guns and vote for Palin with the hopes that she'll keep McCain from taking them away.

It would be nice to live in liberty once before I die.

I just don't get Pauls relative unpopularity with the general public. They fighting over two idiots, Obama and McCain, who both will continue the same path. Oh no, McCain will be four more Bush years! Well, how exactly would Obama not be four more Bush years? Both have their hands in my wallet, both think it's perfectly fine to regulate and deny in the name of "safety" both think we have some grand duty to go around the world telling everyone else how to behave. Both are evil horrible people.

For anyone paying any attention at all Paul was the only real option up there. The only one with answers who knew what the problems were.

McCain is status quo and anyone who can't see that Obamas "change" is also status quo is a duped fool. Both stand for big government, weak dollar, dependent populations, foreign interference and removal of liberty. Ones all white the others half white. Thats the only difference there is.

Go Paul.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I know an American girl who came to live in Australia because she was fed up and almost scared of the direction that America is taking. I happened to let slip the name Ron Paul and we began a 3 hour conversation about it. She apparently nearly cried when Ron Paul pulled out of the election.

How many more people will it take leaving the country before action is taken? Not much use having an America with no Americans living in it.

By the way, for the sake of any argument, Im Australian and I live in Australia. I have followed the Ron Paul legacy for quite some time now. Honestly, even if there is not a single scrap of space left on the ballot paper, sticky-tape some more down the bottom and write him in! I would!

[edit on 3/9/2008 by Kryties]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I just don't get Pauls relative unpopularity with the general public. They fighting over two idiots, Obama and McCain, who both will continue the same path.
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I dont think that is actually the case. There are millions of people out here throughout the USA who are sick and tired of watching the country degenerate into a dictatorship. There are so many disenfranchised voters out here who are screaming out for a voice of sanity and a political figure who is actually competent and speaking for the constitution and the rights of the people.

The reason it would appear that voters lost interest is the viral campaign by the $paid for media and the political shills who have sold out their country for a pile of money. Ever wonder how the media could declare that Ron Paul's candidacy was over even before the primaries were done?

They harped over and over that Paul was a fringe nut case, when character assassination failed to deter interest they simply removed him from all news outlets, black balled him from the debates, and went on a massive propaganda campaign to convince the millions of supporters that Paul had somehow withdrawn from the race or was no longer running.

His message is clear and it is a dangerous one for those wishing to keep things as they are. No wonder the empty suits all ganged up on silencing Ron Paul. He strikes fear into the hearts of wasteful government and big corporations. If you were getting stinking rich fleecing hard working Americans, would YOU want an actual honest politician to come along and pull your covers?

Me neither

[edit on 9/3/08 by BlackOps719]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I believe people are inherently ignorant when it comes to politics. They prefer to live in denial, avoid hard choices and play lemming. No one cares -- let alone understands --- what the real issues are. Dr. Paul was loiterally being laughed at by the media and other candidates when he was talking about the impending economic meltdown. Bush, et al, you may recall were professing that the economy was AOK. Then, just like that, the economy is the big issue. Like they were all on top of it all the time.

I say write-in Ron Paul. To do otherwise is being as hypocritical as the rest of the hoarde. McCain isn't going to take aware our guns. Either is Obama. It simply isn't going to happen. We're allowing them to fractionalize us based upon specific personal issues. That prevents any sort of mass powerbase from developing. We're letting them beat us.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
CSpan-2 Covered the entire event, which was surprising
CNN and MTV covered it a little too

I'm in Canada above all of you, i'm watching the country below me burn in flames and nobody seems to care.

You all think it's bad, but imagine seeing it from the outside, it's even worse.

Ron Paul is a hero, I honestly think he could bring us closer to world peace through non-interventionism.

But its the foreign policy causing the blowback right now.

Silly americans, you had your chance. Dr. Paul is the only choice.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Amen to that.

Hell, I feel like an outsider looking in and I live here.

Our economy is taking a gigantic nose dive toward collapse, we are spending billions of dollars to conquer and occupy a foreign nation, politicians are literally stripping our civil liberties away in front of our noses and the most important thing people can find to focus in on is wheather or not Sarah Palin's daughter got knocked up and how many houses John Mccain owns.

Who gives a s@#$....thats how many.

And Nero fiddles as Rome burns.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I would say that this should be required viewing for all Americans, but it would be wrong to force opinions on people.

Then again, even the MSM knows that allowing people to think for themselves would be a disaster, so what would be the harm in forcibly getting this message out there.

I vote that we make Aug 20th (Ron Paul's birthday for those of you who don't know) another 4th of July.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It really truly should be required material for anyone who is registering to vote this November.

This is the main reason that I posted the videos, in hopes that people who may not have had an opportunity to watch the Independant convention yesterday or may not know much about Dr. Paul to get an opportunity to hear first hand why so many are behind this man.

If you feel his message is as important as I do please bump this thread. And if you dont know much about who Congressman Paul is or what he stands for, do yourself a favor and watch the videos!!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

"...and how many houses John Mccain owns.

Who gives a s@#$....thats how many."

Classic, and couldn't have been worded better at that.

Even people IN the political process (which isn't nearly as many as it should be) typically will choose only a few things at best that they care about.

How many people are only voting on the war, or only voting for abortion rights, or only voting for more bucks from Washington? Tons, although the war has certainly increased the marginal voting majority.

Who gives a s@#$ is right.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I wish Ron paul was in power ,

the millions who died in Iraq due to Genocidal American occupation , would not have happened

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

As I have stated all along, I don't 'believe' I will be voting for either Obama or McCain. I was always leaning towards writing in Ron Pauls name. Can we do that with the electronic voting machines? Anyway, recently I had been leaning more towards Obama than McCain simply to try and make my vote count.

However, I am convinced now more than ever. I am WRITING in Ron Pauls name. I really wish we could push this to as many Americans as possible. If they TRULY are sick of the way things are going then this man will make the needed changes.

Government has their hands so deep into our pockets and the raising of our children that it is disgusting. They have no business telling our schools what to teach our children.

Ron Paul is the man for me in 2008.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Writing in a candidates name onto the ballot may very well be the only way to guarantee that the vote is counted fairly.

We all know by now that Diebold has admitted to mechanical failure with it's voting machines in the previous election. Failure that likely helped elect Bush.

I had made up my mind to stay home on election day, but the situation is serious enough that I will be writing Ron Paul's name on that ballot in November even if I have to bring my own pen and paper.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Do the videos work for anyone?

Why is it that anything that has a little bit of truth in it disappears from YouTube?

This has been happening a lot recently since they have been having all of these political conventions and such.

Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?

I am starting to think that they are actually cracking down on the censorship of the internet.

EDIT: If it is just me, these video's maybe censored at my work. hmmmm

[edit on 9/3/08 by housegroove23]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by housegroove23

They are working fine as far as I can see.

Maybe it is your office firewall?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Thank you, yeah I think it might be hitting a proxy somewhere at work. Dam I really want to see this too. Well, I guess I will just have to wait until I get home, Thank you for letting me know.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Did anyone listen to Lew Rockwell's speech before Dr. Paul? Truly an awesome speech about, what the so-called republicrats are doing to us with their BIG Welfare, Warfare Government...

I can't stand the Republican party of today anymore, I'm totally disgusted!!

"What does conservatism today stand for? It stands for war. It stands for power. It stands for spying, jailing without trial, torture, counterfeiting without limit, and lying from morning to night.

There comes a time in the life of every believer in freedom when he must declare, without any hesitation, to have no attachment to the idea of conservatism." -Lew Rockwell

YOU SO-CALLED CONSERVATIVES CAN TAKE YOUR PARTY AND STICK IT UP YOUR *snip*

[edit on 3-9-2008 by Gateway]

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

This is where I have found myself. It was an evolution. Yes, I am/was very conservative. However, I have watched the 'conservative' party become more and more corrupt and taken over by big corporation. It's about control in a different way than what the dems want. Am I saying the dems approach is better? Hell no. They want to control is too but through what many would perceive as a gentler hand with welfare and universal healthcare. What most who back that don't realize is that it is almost so opposite of what the republicans are trying that it is almost the same. At least the final result will be the same. A destroyed, separated country.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

I agree I am an EX Neocon myself.

Be sure that you watch Jesse Venture as well, he spoke at the same event and I heard a clip of it and he was very good. He talked about 9/11 truth and everything.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

"Those who are able to speak out against wickedness and do not do so are themselves morally culpable"

Wow

Mr. Lew Rockwell just earned himself a new fan.

And I love the way he smacks Bush over the head with nothing but the gods honest truth. Great videos, thanks for sharing them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join