It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistani Women Buried Alive 'for Choosing Husbands'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

You CAN NOT just brush aside the atrocities of Christianity.

What atrocities of Christianity?

Or do you ignorantly confuse "Christianity" with "Catholicism"?

It's safe to say that if a person claiming to be a "Christian" commits a horrendous act, that person most likely isn't truly a Christian.

Simply put: I can claim all day that I'm a millionaire, does this make me one just because I say so? Same thing with "Christians", many people claim to be one, yet most of those people never follow Jesus Christ.

They aren't Christians, they are antichrists claiming to be Christians, or simply put: "Liars".

Christ taught to turn the other cheek, and to not murder. And he who is without sin to cast the first stone.

Someone operating against the teachings of Jesus is NOT a "Christian" no matter how many times that person claims to be one.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Wow, what an evil thing to do...but, is this tied to islam? the story talked about tribal traditions..wouldn't that be separate? or is it just a combo of both?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I don't blanket groups. People are their Heart. Individuals are good or other.

You just did. And I quote from previous posts:

I said:

Whenever I read something like this, I can hear Rosie O'Donnell's remark on the View:

"Radical Christianity is just as dangerous as radical Islam."

You said:

Rosie is right - - - go study history.

Now, if that isn't a blanket condemnation, I don't know what is.

If you want to blanketly condemn Christianity, fine, that is your right. No need to hide it. I will only rebut your argument. Now, on the other hand, try to blanketly condemn Islam to a Muslim. They will call for your death. I see a difference there. I'm sorry you do not.

That's what this is all about really. The total acceptance of everything done in the name of Islam, all while degrading/condemning/blaspheming Christianity for past atrocities (committed by those who acted in opposition to the tenet beliefs). That is bigotry and prejudice. Worse, it releases those who are most dangerous to society, while focusing on those who are simply calling for freedom of worship.

You are sorely misinformed, and apparently unable to distinguish past abuse from present tradition. May you wake up to the dangers indicated by this exchange before it's too late.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

wow
i havent called for the deaths of anyone yet
nor have my friends,

i must be slacking behind in calling for the deaths of you guys for condeming my faith based on nutcases?

anyone here that claims to be Christian, Hindu muslim, what ever

www.belowtopsecret.com...

watch that Video

edit: i would like to add
i also have athiest friends who will say what they feel about my faith and others, and funny enough
i respect it as its their opinion

[edit on 1-9-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Why is it that certain Catholic preists who commit acts against little boys reflect on the Catholic religion as a whole while sepereate acts of murder for religious beliefs seem to always be the "radical" part of Islam?

I wanna know why we have a double standard.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by DavidWright]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidWright

yeah right

Most people will condem all Muslims and blame the Muslims and Islam as a whole

and most people will see its a minority

dont try and come in here and make it like everyone thinks alike

funny how these topics become Islam Vs Christianity all the time

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul
Sheesh, man, catch up! You're supposed to be screaming "Jihad" or something right now.

I don't intend to blanket any religion, but whenever someone tries to do so with mine, I do tend to use the atrocities by the ME countries to rebut them. So I guess I am guilty as well. Sorry.

No offense intended.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I have my own Jihad going on right now
which is to get through University and get a decent Job

Thats a True Jihad,

sadly i dont screem it

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul
Now there's a Jihad worth it's salt!

Good luck to you on that. And thanks for reaffirming my faith in humanity, regardless of religious bent.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by TheRedneck
Whenever I read something like this, I can hear Rosie O'Donnell's remake on the View:

"Radical Christianity is just as dangerous as radical Islam."

Of course, she doesn't think fire can melt steel either...

TheRedneck

Why do some always have to use whatever the subject is to interject Christianity.

Rosie is right - - - go study history.

It wasn't that long ago Christians used the Mark of Ham to justify their own barbaric behavior.

i've read history, and rosie is dead wrong

there have been over 10,000 deadly terrorist attacks since 9/11 alone

what happened to those pakastani women is supported by allah in his koran

christianity has no such support for any atrocity

allah and mohammad hate women, they are misogynists...

dont believe it?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidWright
Why is it that certain Catholic preists who commit acts against little boys reflect on the Catholic religion as a whole while sepereate acts of murder for religious beliefs seem to always be the "radical" part of Islam?

it is ironic, since there is no support for the actions of the criminal priests, in the christian doctrine

just the opposite with islamic doctrine, though, allah makes himself very clear

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by feydrautha

it is ironic, since there is no support for the actions of the criminal priests, in the christian doctrine

just the opposite with islamic doctrine, though, allah makes himself very clear
Stop using the word "Christian" when referring to Catholics.

They practice CATHOLICISM. We Christians don't even use the same Bible as Catholics to.

Calling Catholics "Christians" just furthers the stereotype that they aren't Catholics, but Christians.

Catholics practice Catholicism, they use a Catholic Bible.

Christians practice Christianity, they use the Christian Bible.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

What disgust me is the fact we cater to their beliefs in America to such a degree that it is discriminating against non-Muslims.

This is actually something akin to what I've seen with several cultures, not just Islam.
When we travel to their country we have to bow to their way of living lest we "offend" someone or something. American women wearing head scarfs, for example. Now, when they might travel here, to the US, we still have to abide by their every whim lest we "offend" someone or something. If our customs or procedures require that you have your picture taken to confirm your identity you better lose the Burka, baby, 'cause you are in the US now and we have our own laws.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by zlots331]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zlots331

"When in Rome do as the Romans."

Err, that's antiquated.

"When in Rome do as the Romans... unless your Muslim."

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Stop using the word "Christian" when referring to Catholics. They practice CATHOLICISM. We Christians don't even use the same Bible as Catholics to. Calling Catholics "Christians" just furthers the stereotype that they aren't Catholics, but Christians. Catholics practice Catholicism, they use a Catholic Bible. Christians practice Christianity, they use the Christian Bible.

WHAT ???

WHAT ???

Thanks for making that clear. Wow. Holy crap.

I'm sorry, I'm at a complete loss of words and I'm not even Catholic. Maybe I'm not even Christian. Are Lutherans OK or am I going to hell too. I'm confused, my head hurts. Martha, where are my pills? I have to go lay down now.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by zlots331]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by feydrautha
what happened to those pakastani women is supported by allah in his koran

christianity has no such support for any atrocity

Jeez, then I'd stay away from the Book of Leviticus if I were you.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

So are you saying that they worship a Catholic God and you a Christian God?

And which Bible is the "Truth" The Catholic or the one you use?

And is not the God of the Jews, the God of the Catholics, the God of other Christians, and the God of Islam all the same God? Only the interpretation being a matter of choice?

Well maybe Nibiru will come in 2012 a wipe out everyone and we will start with a clean slate.

:shk:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zlots331

Are you feydrautha's magical talking parrot?

maybe you didn't notice, but I was speaking to him, in fact, I quoted him.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Do Catholics say that the Pope is equal to God? Yes
Do Catholics pray to god alone? Nope
Do Catholics bow down before men? Yep

Catholicism and Christianity are as different as apples and oranges.

Stereotypes link them, not practice of their respective religions.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical Stop using the word "Christian" when referring to Catholics.

They practice CATHOLICISM. We Christians don't even use the same Bible as Catholics to.

Calling Catholics "Christians" just furthers the stereotype that they aren't Catholics, but Christians.

So...let me get this straight...there were no Christians then until Martin Luther nailed his theses to the door of the cathedral, circa...what? 1517?

Cuz up to then they were all Catholic, you know, unless they were Gnostics or heretics or something. Or am I mistaken here?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join