It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistani Women Buried Alive 'for Choosing Husbands'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Pakistani Women Buried Alive 'for Choosing Husbands'

www.telegraph.co.uk

Israr Ullah Zehri, who represents Baluchistan province, told a stunned parliament that northwestern tribesman had done nothing wrong in first shooting the women and then dumping them in a ditch.

"These are centuries-old traditions, and I will continue to defend them," he said.

"Only those who indulge in immoral acts should be afraid."

The women, three of whom were teenagers and whose "crime" was that they wished to choose who to marry, were still breathing as mud and stones were shovelled over their bodies, according to Human Rights Watch
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
There are no Human Rights in the muslim world of centuries-old traditions.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
They wonder why muslim women keep turning up in suitcaes all chopped up, or stabbed hundreds of times, or killed whilst family members watched..

But to speak out against their barbaric ways is 'racism'.

They are nothing short of barbaric scum - calling them animals is wrong, because animals don't behave in such a cruel and despicable way.

Well, girls, this will soon start to be upheld as their religious rights across europe soon if they get their way. Norway already asked its women to think about dressing in 'less provocative' ways so islamic men don't get tempted and gang rape them.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

The "Religion of Peace" strikes again I see.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Mr Zehri told parliament that a fuss should not be made over the killings, however several politicians stood up in protest, describing the so-called honour killings as "barbaric".

well i think there will be a hunt for these murderers and they will be brought to justice.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

apart from the stupid one line opening post

These are centuries-old traditions, and I will continue to defend them,

guess tribal law is represents all of packistan and muslim majority

let the flow of islomofacists come in with their one liners

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Whenever I read something like this, I can hear Rosie O'Donnell's remake on the View:

"Radical Christianity is just as dangerous as radical Islam."

Of course, she doesn't think fire can melt steel either...

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
Whenever I read something like this, I can hear Rosie O'Donnell's remake on the View:

"Radical Christianity is just as dangerous as radical Islam."

Of course, she doesn't think fire can melt steel either...

TheRedneck

Why do some always have to use whatever the subject is to interject Christianity.

Rosie is right - - - go study history.

It wasn't that long ago Christians used the Mark of Ham to justify their own barbaric behavior.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
yeah, but do we do it now?

No... no and no.

Do we stone to death people? nope. Do we mutilate them for thieving? nope. Why? because we are in the 21st century and realise that all people deserve good treatment. Pity that islamofacists are still in the cave dwelling / mut hut stage of civilisation building, as it appears they are going to take another 2000 years to become even halfway decent members of the civilised world.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna

Well, girls, this will soon start to be upheld as their religious rights across europe soon if they get their way. Norway already asked its women to think about dressing in 'less provocative' ways so islamic men don't get tempted and gang rape them.

My god. This is the 21st Century. We should move forward, not step or fall backward to appease any religion. It is horrifying enough for the women in Pakistan to have to suffer this outrage without other countries bowing down to Islam's demands. Are we so afraid of them that we will ignore human rights and bow to their wishes?

In the past, it was hard for me to understand how men could get so worked up to the point of willingly going to war; willingly killing another human being. Well, I understand it now. This is a reason that I would willingly.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Why do some always have to use whatever the subject is to interject Christianity.

Why do some people always take the opportunity to bash Christianity?

I was making a comparison in modern times. You are bringing up the atrocities of history. If you think Islam is so much better than Christianity, please, feel free to move there. Maybe they won't bury you alive.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
i have to agrre with many of you here.
And especially here in Europe,our governemts take off their paint when any "muslims request" come forward.
A security guard working in a musuem here in Venice has been fired becuase he asked a muslim women who was wearing a ALL-OVER Burqa,to take it off from the face as she was hidding her identity.
WE allow them to come here and build their own moque ,they even protested last yeat as they did want to send their children to normal school and they asked the governement to open a Special school for muslim where they can learn religion at scool.
And yest the politics here are doing nothing against all of this.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna

They wonder why muslim women keep turning up in suitcaes all chopped up, or stabbed hundreds of times, or killed whilst family members watched..

But to speak out against their barbaric ways is 'racism'.

They are nothing short of barbaric scum - calling them animals is wrong, because animals don't behave in such a cruel and despicable way.

I agree with this 100%

People used to own slaves and discriminate against women in the U.S. We evolved. Muslims cant evolve because of their religious beliefs and are barbarians plain and simple. What disgust me is the fact we cater to their beliefs in America to such a degree that it is discriminating againts non-muslims.

Message to all Muslims.....outgrow the things in your religion that need outgrowing and truly be the religion of peace that most of you defend it is.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by DavidWright]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
this is why supporting Christianity is important , and even though i'm not Christian , Christianism is part of our european culture. But the atheism , moral relativism and the loss of tradition in Europe makes Europe an easy prey for Islamists.
And to all those that like bash Christianism, the Catholic church officially recognizes all religions (buddhism and hinduism included) and freedom of religion

[edit on 1-9-2008 by eibwen]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Absolutely inexcusable.
I also seem to remember that last year Pakistan´s ´government´ voted unanimously to hang a man for the alledged act of ´blasphemy´.
When do you think these people are going to stop being so homicidal and insecure about there relgious beleifs ?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Of course there are only Islamic despicable people. No other race/religious group is capable of such atrocities.
However, having said that, it is one of the most appalling stories I have heard for a long time.

Regarding the story about Norway. Do you have a link?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by Annee

Why do some people always take the opportunity to bash Christianity?

I was making a comparison in modern times. You are bringing up the atrocities of history. If you think Islam is so much better than Christianity, please, feel free to move there. Maybe they won't bury you alive.

TheRedneck

I don't blanket groups. People are their Heart. Individuals are good or other.

Atrocities of History? Civil rights? Civil Rights Act of 1964.

You CAN NOT just brush aside the atrocities of Christianity.

America is very fortunate to be the new continent and some what isolated.

I wonder what life would be if it was like the old continent where there is constant war - invasion - rebuilding - repatriation (such as what is going on with the Monks in Tibet).

Yes - we Americans are very very fortunate - SO FAR - - - to have our freedoms. Of course our countries barbaric acts are covered up.

As in Religions - Cultures - Politics: "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Black slave , sorry i see them as men and people were hung outside of churches less than 70 years ago in good old facist america so get a grip, murder is murder,

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
let the flow of islomofacists come in with their one liners

Women jailed for indecent acts in Dubai
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Dubai is where Hamillton is moving their head office

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by L.HAMILTON There are no Human Rights in the muslim world of centuries-old traditions.

Now before you get all Christian Jihadi here...
Do these acts reflect the primative religion of Islam?
Or do they reflect primative tribesmen who also practice their version of Islam?

Much as you don't see the Pope rolling around on the floor, wraslin' with snakes and speaking in tongues, their are many flavours of interpretation. Really, isn't this like condemning Christianity in all its forms and shapes because of Rev. Fred Phelps?

These acts are horrendous and shameful, but what's worse is using them to define all of Islam. Why? Cuz we ought to know better. On the other hand, how come the Saudis...who offer women even less human rights that they had in Iraq under Saddam...are our pals, and get a free pass? Just my two bits (cdn).

Right wing xenophobes, take a number and get in line, please.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join