It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistani Women Buried Alive 'for Choosing Husbands'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Ok, I'm up from my nap now, but my head still hurts.
As far as Catholics not being Christian, and the little boy thing, and how their acts don't really reflect on the rest of us Christians, uh, well, uh, I can think of a few televangelists who kind of got caught, uh, you know, uh, well,
I have to go lay back down, I think this one is going to be with me awhile. I keep thinking about stoning people, and gouging out eyes and cutting off hands and aaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh, MARTHA !! PILLS !! NOW !!

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by zorgon

Do Catholics say that the Pope is equal to God? Yes
Do Catholics pray to god alone? Nope
Do Catholics bow down before men? Yep

Catholicism and Christianity are as different as apples and oranges.

Stereotypes link them, not practice of their respective religions.

Where did you hear this? I am not a catholic nor a christian. Yet I know that Catholics do not consider the Pope equal to God. They consider him the highest figure in the catholic church.

Catholics do pray to god alone. They "pray" to Mary and ask her to pray for them on their behalf.

Who do catholics bow down to?

Please back up your statements or sit down.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Martha can't find my pills

Don't we all use the Jewish bible?
Are Mormons Christian?

OK everybody, back to the topic now.

Oh look, pills, ummmmmmmmmmmm

[edit on 1-9-2008 by zlots331]

[edit on 1-9-2008 by zlots331]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

No, Christians don't do that anymore. Why?

Because Christian law doesn't rule the land anymore. People began to write laws based off of ethics instead of religion.

That's the difference between states governed by the ethics of man and the states governed by the ethics of Religion.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Love your avatar TheRedneck!

Many years ago in Australia my dad saw a young woman's body floating in the river. He couldn't grab her by the hair because if just fell out. Her skin was loose too. So he grabbed what clothes she had to get her ashore. At the inquest he found out that she had commited suicide because she couldn't marry the one she loved...but had to marry a man she was promised to at birth. Her family never shed a tear for her either.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I know people would argue and say its another anti-Muslim thread, but my opinion is that these closed off countries are being exposed. In the west we expose our own evils and slowly as the media centres move into Islamic countries we will be digging up some truths from a system that dictates non-believers as second class when in fact they are probably worse behind closed doors our selves. A bit like Channel 4 UK dispatches about what happens in Mosques behind closed doors these things are being exposed all the time.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
And this is why I am not partial to perserving culutrual differences purely for the sake of perserving them. Some are just bad.

I am pro NWO. One World.

I do understand the need for the nations of the World to come together and unite. We need a mutual understanding of morality in this World. Hopefully one that does not tolerate the atrocity of these womens' deaths.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna

They wonder why muslim women keep turning up in suitcaes all chopped up, or stabbed hundreds of times, or killed whilst family members watched..

But to speak out against their barbaric ways is 'racism'.

They are nothing short of barbaric scum - calling them animals is wrong, because animals don't behave in such a cruel and despicable way.

Well, girls, this will soon start to be upheld as their religious rights across europe soon if they get their way. Norway already asked its women to think about dressing in 'less provocative' ways so islamic men don't get tempted and gang rape them.

Because sweeping generalisations are allways the best way to view things.
Am I right?

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620
I wish I could star that more than just once... silly error messages....

That is the very point that needs to be made. What happened to those poor girls was the result of religious law. Any time we make an exception based on cruel religious fanaticism, we adopt religious law. And yes, that applies to Christians as well as Muslims.

Great post, just great....

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonseekerthe story talked about tribal traditions..wouldn't that be separate?

Tribal tradtions are indeed separate.. that is why the politians involved are outraged... while the main stream would certain call it barbaric, it is very difficult to stop tribal traditions without starting a civil war - starred

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by zorgon

Do Catholics say that the Pope is equal to God? Yes
Do Catholics pray to god alone? Nope
Do Catholics bow down before men? Yep

Catholicism and Christianity are as different as apples and oranges.

Stereotypes link them, not practice of their respective religions.

you may want to stop talking about catholics your ignorance is nausiating and offensive.

Do Catholics say that the Pope is equal to God? no, the pope is god representative on earth. no one is equal to god.

Do Catholics pray to god alone? yes, all prayers are to god, there are some who petition the holy virgin or saints but that is because they believe they are not worthy to talk to god directly.

Do Catholics bow down before men? we bow to no man or women.

apples and oranges.. lol more like red apples and green apples.

and no the islamic god isnt the same god as the christian/catholic and jewish god, allah was a tribal moon god.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Demandred]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Muslims in the USA and other western countries still mutilate girls genitalia. But at least here it is done in a hospital instead of relatives holding the girl down will they cut her up. Females have less rights than a camel in some of those countries.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

And this is why I am not partial to perserving culutrual differences purely for the sake of perserving them. Some are just bad.

I am pro NWO. One World.

I do understand the need for the nations of the World to come together and unite. We need a mutual understanding of morality in this World. Hopefully one that does not tolerate the atrocity of these womens' deaths.

I actually agree with this. I have no problem with a One World Government - - except corruption of power - but we already have that.

NWO is the natural progression.

I support preserving negative aspects of cultures in a museum. We need to learn from our past.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by NOTurTypical Stop using the word "Christian" when referring to Catholics.

They practice CATHOLICISM. We Christians don't even use the same Bible as Catholics to.

Calling Catholics "Christians" just furthers the stereotype that they aren't Catholics, but Christians.

Catholics practice Catholicism, they use a Catholic Bible.

Christians practice Christianity, they use the Christian Bible.

So...let me get this straight...there were no Christians then until Martin Luther nailed his theses to the door of the cathedral, circa...what? 1517?

Cuz up to then they were all Catholic, you know, unless they were Gnostics or heretics or something. Or am I mistaken here?

U forgot the Orthodox Christians. The first Christians were at Antioch. (Acts)

The Catholics translated their Bible from a Greek version that was rejected by the Christians.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
As far as I am concerned these villagers are all a bunch of murderers. Sorry, the ole tribal customs excuse doesn't do it for me. These people in this village who are responsible for this should all be rounded up and shot.

I don't want people who hold these types of beliefs to ever be able to live next door to me. How do we distinguish the nut cases from the decent people? If a guy in my neighborhood is telling his sons that the girls running around dressing the way they want to dress are all whores, his kid isn't going to respect my daughter, so I don't want him to live in my community. Sorry, but when people go this far, lines have to be drawn.

This is why we see the things that are going on in Europe.

When the local government condones this barbaric act, there is not much more you can say. Cancel all visas, because our own future should come first.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

"He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do. And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition." -mark 7:6-9

The Catholic church is the "Mother of Harlots" spoken of in Revelation. Rome is the "City of 7 Hills".:

"And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters: With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication. So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration. And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns. The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition. And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast. These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast .These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful. And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues. And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire. For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled. And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth." (Rev 17:1-18)

www.jesus-is-lord.com...

Everyone who meets the pope bows down to him.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

But to speak out against their barbaric ways is 'racism'.

Like speaking against Guantanamo Bay is Anti-American
Like americans themselves saying it is wrong is unpatriotic

human rights abuse isn't only happening in the muslim world my friend

from colonialism to world domination, the white race is historically the most violent race in history my friend

insulting other races is easy, but looking at your own roots is surreal

They are nothing short of barbaric scum - calling them animals is wrong, because animals don't behave in such a cruel and despicable way.

What do you think the rest of the world thinks of America

some muslims are bad, some are horrible, and some are very nice
dont' generalise based on this article, that is narrow-minded

even animals aren't racist

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Jeez, then I'd stay away from the Book of Leviticus if I were you.
[edit on 1-9-2008 by JohnnyCanuck]

Have you ever read Leviticus?? aparently not! It was commands from god to moses it bans incest and sex from male to male. there is debate there as to what god meant on this part The text of 18:22 says:
"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

But now this is prohibited behavior this is not the ok from god to kill people. So i dont see how this applies here? I will tell you ive had several religious study classes in college and unlike most people I have read the Koran It was given to me while in Saudi Arabia by a friend, And trust me on this the Koran is nothing like the bible. You have no rights unless you are a male muslim. They have the right to do anything to other groups it is quite scary. Now in defense of mulims not all muslims believe that every part of the Koran applies to today some feel it applied to times past. The only problem i have with moderate muslims is they arent vocal enuff.
Now i can understand this to extent because even there lives are in danger if they protest too much. But things wont change untill they stand up and say this is unacceptable and I dont think thats going to happen.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Well, we will be in Pakistan in full force by about 2011-2013, so we should have some say in it and able to bring justice soon enough. Now that we have mostly pacified Iraq, we have the fuel to sustain the next wave of human rights liberation in a new land.

Maybe I will finally be eligible to join the army in time for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join