It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why did the mayans leave???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
i was watchin' a show on the history channel and they were talkin' 'bout how the mayans were so great and then they just dissapeared...

any info. i could get???

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
There's a search function. Use it sometime for god's sake. Or use google.

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Have to remember your history books! The Mayans were still 'in power' when the Spaniards came to South America. The Spanish clergy were amazed, and frightened, with the Mayans... because they were already a Christian nation:

1. They worshipped the One God

2. They had known Jesus Christ... don't remember his exact name, have it on another thread... but he came from across the waters, bore the marks of crucifiction, cured the sick and raised the dead... and he also claimed to be the son of the High God.

3. The Mayans also had the Trinity.

4. Practiced attonements, penance, baptisms.

5. Worshipped the cross.

6. Had tales of the Great Deluge and their own version of the Tower of Babel.

7. Had concepts of heaven and hell.

The clerics were so amazed, in fact, that they decreed the Mayans as devil worshippers, for only the Devil could have told them of such things. The Spanish started to systematicly destroy Mayan texts and books, and the slaughter of people, to keep the heathen teachings down.

All that, plus the introduction of European diseases, like small pox, ended the Mayan culture...

Unless you consider the stories of how some Mayans escaped into a hidden city deep within the jungle. You know, the one where people go to discover armed with a hundred men... yet never come out?

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Okay, guys... we're getting Incans and Toltecs and Aztecs confused with the Mayans. All of them practiced human and animal sacrifice, and all were polytheistic. There's reported cannibalism among the tribes as well.

The Aztecs lived in Central Mexico and were in power from 1300 until the mid 1500's. They were conquered and many were killed during the conquest, but they haven't "disappeared."
en.wikipedia.org...

The Mayan lived in Southern Mexico and Central America and had a 3,000 year old civilization... and they also did not "disappear" but blended in with other cultures after their empire -- weakened from wars and droughts (and lots of sacrifices) collapsed when it was conquered by the Spanish in the mid-1500's. en.wikipedia.org...

The Olmec lived in southern Mexico about the same time as the Mayas. Their most spectacular ruins include the huge stone heads that are often misidentified as "Mayan" or "Incan" They vanish about 200 BC en.wikipedia.org...

Incans, of course, lived in South America. This was a relatively short-lived civilization (from about 1200 until the Spaniards came in) en.wikipedia.org...

A good (referenced) brief intro to what the Mayans believed is here (you'd have a lot better case arguing that they believed what later became "Jedi-ism" rather than relating them to Christians):
www.angelfire.com...

[Edited on 18-3-2004 by Byrd]

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Well put Byrd. I was going to make the same statement concerning the Mayan culture and civlization.

Go down to the Yucatan and walk around. Get away from Cancun and Playa and observe some of the locals. There are Mayans everywhere.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
There's a search function. Use it sometime for god's sake. Or use google.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
And google won't bite your head off for asking a simple question you are curious about.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer

The same goes for the Kemetians of whom the Mayans and Aztecs have some uncanny similiarities with.
I dare anyone to read Ra Un Nefer Amen's Metu Neter, then tell me with a straight face that they were "polytheistic".

2. They had known Jesus Christ... don't remember his exact name, have it on another thread... but he came from across the waters, bore the marks of crucifiction, cured the sick and raised the dead... and he also claimed to be the son of the High God.

Who told you this? A Mormon? lol!

Are you reffering to Quetzaquatl? I see him as representing the ancient KRST(Christ) concept and not the supposed historical figure of Yashua Ben Pandera.

Could you be more specific? The idea of a trinity is definitely older than the whole Father/Son/HolyGhost nonsense.

This could be true. I'm pretty sure that the Kemetians practiced baptisms as well.

5. Worshipped the cross.

I highly doubt that. But they very well could have been aware of the meaning of the cross's symbolism.

6. Had tales of the Great Deluge and their own version of the Tower of Babel.

That makes sense, considering other parallels and the fact that all religions and peoples come from the same source.

7. Had concepts of heaven and hell.

A concept nothing like that of Roman Christianity.

Also remember that the United Snakes government is responsible for the slaughter of thousands of people in Guatemala, who were pretty much direct descendants of the Mayans.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Unless you consider the stories of how some Mayans escaped into a hidden city deep within the jungle. You know, the one where people go to discover armed with a hundred men... yet never come out?

Hehehehehehehehe LOL
. But yes the Europeans were like animals. They destroyed everything and thought that they were the only people not anyone else.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Also remember that the United Snakes government is responsible for the slaughter of thousands of people in Guatemala, who were pretty much direct descendants of the Mayans.
Do you mean United States? If not what's the United Snakes?

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It wasnt the mayans that Cortez encounter it was the aztecs, I am Spanish I know my history, the mayans did not disapeared they just blended with other groups, the most powerful was LOS AZTECAS.

[Edited on 19-3-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Weren't the mayans supposed to be some kind of giant species, because the steps of the pyramid where massive in blockage. And located somewhere around present day Guatemala, or am I thinking about some other group of people?

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
No, no they were not giants, their gods were supposed to be the giants. If you have seen the stone faces suppose to be their gods they have similar facial looks like people from asia or indonesia remember at the same time that the piramides in mexico appeared so piramides all over the world appeared they are about the same period, now recently the spanish archaologist had discovered a new city I believed in colombia ( I have to get my facts strait) that is older than any city in the world. Much older than the simerian civilization the carbon daitings were done here in the US. The city is as big as the aztecs city an it shows for its size that thousands of people may have lived in it.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
Weren't the mayans supposed to be some kind of giant species, because the steps of the pyramid where massive in blockage. And located somewhere around present day Guatemala, or am I thinking about some other group of people?

I don't know about the Mayans; but this is what Samael Aun Weor said in one of his lectures, regarding Atlantis and Mu/Lemuria that is quite interesting:

"Skeletons of giants have been found in different places, in Brazil was found a figure or
human skeleton of about six or seven meters height.
"

Originally posted by AD5673
Hehehehehehehehe LOL
. But yes the Europeans were like animals. They destroyed everything and thought that they were the only people not anyone else.

True indeed.

Same thing still goes on. They just try to hide it these days.

Originally posted by AD5673
Do you mean United States? If not what's the United Snakes?

Oh I meant the United States alright.

Another one I like to use is 'AmeriKKKa'.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The Spanish also wrote in their diaries about giant white-haired men.There have been giant human skeletons found all over the world, some as tall as 14 ft, and one was reportedly 22 ft tall.If these giants existed, and interacted with humans, this could change the way we view history,religion,science,and the way we view myths. Almost all continents and religions have stories of ancient giants that walked the Earth.These giants were called gods, but if they existed, and their skeletons are found, their "gods" seem to be physical beings.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Sorry it's been so late in responding... sick as of late. But here ya go:

Originally posted by Tamahu

Originally posted by soothsayer

The same goes for the Kemetians of whom the Mayans and Aztecs have some uncanny similiarities with.

2. They had known Jesus Christ... don't remember his exact name, have it on another thread...

Who told you this? A Mormon? lol!
Are you reffering to Quetzaquatl?

Could you be more specific? The idea of a trinity is definitely older than the whole Father/Son/HolyGhost nonsense.

This could be true. I'm pretty sure that the Kemetians practiced baptisms as well.

5. Worshipped the cross.

I highly doubt that. But they very well could have been aware of the meaning of the cross's symbolism.

1. The name of their High/One God was 'Hunab-Ku', meaning "the one living and true god, the greatest of gods". He was represented as having Roman features.

2. No, it wasn't from a Mormon, and it wasn't Q. His name was Hun-Ytzamma, also called Itzamna and Zamna.

3. Their Trinity (or rather, the Yucatec Trinity), held the Father (Icona), Son (Bacab) and the Holy Spirit (Echuac). Granted, different cultural sect, but from the same source.

4. The practice of baptism was called renascur... meaning reborn.

5. The cross worship was two-fold. But the definition I am using here, because of the 'unholy' images the Mayans had, is this: Their Jesus, Itzamna, (also known as a Bacab), was scourged, crowned with thorns, hung on a cross (with ropes), died and was 'reborn' three days later. When Itzamna arrived, he already bore marks of a crucifiction.

For a better read on the Mayan Christ, go here:

Itzamna

Hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
LMAO at your BYU link.

I'll respond to the rest later.

Peace

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

the mayans left this dimension metathoricaly speaking through a higher state of conciosness by vibrating due to energy intake on such a high level that they became non visual to the lower vibrating energy in the universe the prophesy says the went to shambala the place of enligtenment/peace and happines (heaven) as jesus and many religious figures showed us possible look up the celistine prophesy by james redfield the answers can be found here dont be mislead by the ignorance of others who try to justify your questions with logic sometimes ther is more to the truth than just logic go with your instincts and you will find truth.
the whole universe is built on vibrations investigate the physics of reality and matter you may be shocked at the result of your research

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Geez, what is it with the Europeans' thirst for conquest of the Anericas?
France invaded Canada, England went into the US, Spain into Mexico and Portugal into Brazil.
But all we always hear about is how the early Americans killed of the Native Americans.

It was NWO part one.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Similar to most people in the rest of the world, ie the Roman's, Arabs, Mongols, Zulus, etc. Humans have a long history of military conquest.

Conquering lands was considered normal in the past. Most of the nations of Europe are made up of large numbers of conquered tribes and clans, France being a good example. In the mid 18th century the majority of the people in what we now call France didn't speak French.

This can be seen in England also with the survivals of the Welsh, Scotts and Cornishmen against the Britons, Anglo-Saxons and Danes-with the Normans sweetening the pot.

Rather normal (conquest) historically. When the Europeans arrived the native american empires were based on conquest also.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join