It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mythbusters are doing Moon landing Hoax!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ravinsomniac

never mind that van allen belt and the 1/8th inch aluminum shielding, the rooster tails, the footage showing them faking their distance from the earth 3 days out, the complete lack of any evidence of a lower gravity, i can go on but you stick with your shadows and miniatures mocking there. you obviously have not actually looked into this in any fashion whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Azrael75

What, no reply to my response to you extremely rude reply to me earlier?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

hey, you are right. my bad. but tell me that you cannot see how i read your post to me. you asked me a question and i answered it defensively. my mistake. you can get more rude about it or realize that if you had included any substance to your sentence, i would have known how you meant it. sorry i assumed what i did. my bad. and no, i had not responded to you because i had not seen it for some reason. let me appologize for that too. happy? i just hope that you can see how easily i could take it the way i did. if it helps at all, i agree with you 100%.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azrael75

hey, you are right. my bad. but tell me that you cannot see how i read your post to me. you asked me a question and i answered it defensively. my mistake. you can get more rude about it or realize that if you had included any substance to your sentence, i would have known how you meant it. sorry i assumed what i did. my bad. and no, i had not responded to you because i had not seen it for some reason. let me appologize for that too. happy? i just hope that you can see how easily i could take it the way i did. if it helps at all, i agree with you 100%.

Mostly I just think it is quite funny how quickly people around here get defensive or start name calling and the such yet will not admit it when it is explained furhter to them and it turns out they were wrong. Thats all.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Ok so . I didnt like their attempts at the footprint or the flag waiving....

BUT.

The zero-G airplane vs speeding up and slowing down footage to match the NASA footage was pretty damn definitive in my book. I can usually play devils advocate for anything, but like they said .... BUSTED.

The zero G walk was almost EXACT to th Armstrong...

Decent job on that myth, mythbusters!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
Ok so . I didnt like their attempts at the footprint or the flag waiving....

BUT.

The zero-G airplane vs speeding up and slowing down footage to match the NASA footage was pretty damn definitive in my book. I can usually play devils advocate for anything, but like they said .... BUSTED.

The zero G walk was almost EXACT to th Armstrong...

Decent job on that myth, mythbusters!

i did not get to see it. i had to record it buti have to ask...what zero g thing? why would there be a zero g thing? what does zero g have to do with landing on the moon? now im really mad i didnt get to see it yet.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic

Mostly I just think it is quite funny how quickly people around here get defensive or start name calling and the such yet will not admit it when it is explained furhter to them and it turns out they were wrong. Thats all.

it seems that i admitted it didnt i? maybe the reason people get defensive around you is because of the way you phrase your vague questions, or maybe it is because after they admit they were wrong and appologize, you still call them out for not being willing to admit or appologize. maybe you just like confrontation and that is why you come across that way.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
They dived and went vertical in a plane which on the dive simulated zero G conditions just like on the moon. Adam did the signature moon walk and hops and it looked very similar to the real footage and they said that experiencing that personally made them believe that we went to the moon. Although I doubt they would be getting any help from NASA in the future had they said otherwise.
Although I believed we landed on the moon the whole time this episode cemented this theory for me. Good job MB

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Well heres warning

SPOILERS

They tackled the myth of.... The moon walking was just tape sped up or slowed down to look like they were on the moon.

they put on suits and mimicked the walks in three ways..

Regular... with a harness from nasa to simulate 1/6 gravity... and then a walk with a company called ZERO-G.

The company takes you on a plane and it dips for 30 seconds at a time to mimic weightlessness... They adjusted the dip with the company to mimic 1/6 gravity to match the moon. While the dip occurred, they did the same walk.

they took the tapes of all three experiments and matched them with the NASA footage...

The first, sped and slowed down looked nothing like the neil armstrong walk..

The Nasa harness looked better but not conclusive.

The zero -g plane experience walk looked EXACTLY like neil armstrong..

With that they concluded, and I agreed, myth busted.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by bknapple32]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   

The zero -g plane experience walk looked EXACTLY like neil armstrong..

With that they concluded, and I agreed, myth busted.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by bknapple32]

looked exactly like neil armstrong doing what????????????????
there is gravity on the moon. how did a zero gravity walk even relate?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   

The moon has 1/6 the gravity of Earth. They weighed themselves down (with I think 120 pounds) on a free fall flight that simulates (with the extra weight) the gravity of the moon. Then they imitated the famous moon walk or hop. This simulation was the closest of their 3 tests to the original moon walk film. They then concluded that the comparison of their simulated 1/6 gravity film was the same as the original film. In other words, the only way they could get a realistic moon walk was to actually be in 1/6 the gravity of earth.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by silverking

in other words, they attacked the evidence that people like me do not even recognize in the first place, and then executed their experiments quite piss-poorly? i think i have to skip this episode. i like the show to much to watch these guys compromise their integrity by doing this discovery channel commisioned hit piece.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   

i like the show to much to watch these guys compromise their integrity by doing this discovery channel commisioned hit piece.

I felt the same way going in and I don't agree with all of their results, but you should at least see the episode before you trash it.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   

in other words, they attacked the evidence that people like me do not even recognize in the first place, and then executed their experiments quite piss-poorly? i think i have to skip this episode. i like the show to much to watch these guys compromise their integrity by doing this discovery channel commisioned hit piece.

I really dont think anyone cares whether you watch it or not. Keep telling yourself... NASA is lying to me.
Seriously tho, they took the most common hoax theories and busted those.. faked photos, moon walk in 1/6th gravity, flag waving in the vacuum of space, footprint/impression, and laser to retro-reflector.. There was supposed to be additional footage on the website, but I couldnt find it. Obviously there is no way to prove with 100% certainty without actually going to the moon and visiting the actual landing sites, but they did a pretty good job at busting the most common hoax theories. Maybe send them an email and they will do another episode that meets your criteria.. Tell em your still not convinced.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
theres no way to dispute the visuals. there was no way the niel armstrong moon walking was done by any camera distortions.

And to the poster who said what did the zero g plane have to do with e moon... Um did you not read the part where I said they replicated 1/6 gravity, just like found on the moon. and the walk they made was exactly like that of neil armstrong.

Its entirely irresponsible of you to critique something you have not seen.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
IMO that NASA gravity bungee thing was not even close, but the zero G 1/6 gravity thing was dead on. It had something to do with the smoothness of the motion when he was hopping. I think pretty compelling evidence that it wasn't filmed with astronaut hopping around on cables or a bungee.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

theres no way to dispute the visuals. there was no way the niel armstrong moon walking was done by any camera distortions.

And to the poster who said what did the zero g plane have to do with e moon... Um did you not read the part where I said they replicated 1/6 gravity, just like found on the moon. and the walk they made was exactly like that of neil armstrong.

Its entirely irresponsible of you to critique something you have not seen.

actually, i was asking, not critiquing. anything critical sounding was in response to the explanation i was given. but i was not so much passing judgement as much as asking, what zero gravity would prove about moon landings. i love mythbusters but they are hardly definitive on much and this was a terrible idea for them to tackle becase from all you people tell me, they did not even touch the actually damning evidence. and i guess i am confused by people saying that it proves we went to the moon, and then saying that their rig looked just like neil armstrong? it cannot be both. the replicated 1/6 gravity and the walk they made looked exactly like neil armstrong. that is what you are saying above, so you contradict yourself there. but yeah, sorry if i feel that them finding a way to replicate 1/6th gravity and the way they did it does not match the nasa footage of the guys on the moon, well then all that proves is that they did not do it the same way nasa did. they just picked one lonely conspiracy theory noone really cares about and ran their own version of it. and if you really think a rig and a zero-g plane is a perfect analog for footage of men traversing the moon, then i can understand why you cannot decide if you are for or against the CT to begin with.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Azrael75]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Have to say, I watched this last night and figured I'd see some interesting discussion going on in this thread. Looks like we just have a couple of extremely defensive people in hear ignoring everyone.

They took a handful of the most popular CT's and tested them the best they could. If fact, I would argue the best anyone could test such things. From the lighting in the photographs, to the amount of "wind" conducted as a result of movement in a vacuum, to the moon walk experiments; I think they did a very good job of busting some of these theories.

I've always believed we've been to the moon anyway, but this episode confirmed a lot of my beliefs anyway.

I can't see how you can still argue with some of those results. Although part of me believes some of these CT'ers wouldn't believe we went no matter what we found or tested.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join