It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Past life: As a woman?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Yes i am serious here.

So it was about 17 years ago, when i was 9 or so; i had a very realistic dream where i was floating above a scene of a woman in a speeding ambulance with an oxygen mask on and i could smell a very strong medical scent, (i dont know to describe the smell.) plus this ambulance was from the 50's or 60's. Being as i was a kid i woke up crying, thinking it was my mom dying.

It wasn't till recently that i remembered this dream; but after i analysed the contents of it, i realised this woman was me not my mother and she was dying in the dream. It wasn't much of a dream but i know it was of a real event and i am unsure why i was shown my past life.

Recently i looked up the ambulance type and found a similar one to the one in my dream, in Louisiana.

So i am wondering if anyone else has had dreams of past lives and how can i go about remembering more of my past life/lives or just this dream/event?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
My first question:

How did you conclude that the woman was you?
Considering you say you analyzed the content of it it seems like you found some kind of ''proof''.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by -0mega-

well because my perspective was both first and third person.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Intuition maybe? I am a follower of the Gnostic movement and believe it is possible through Gnosis and Astral Projection to discover your past selve(s).

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
So purely based on who you view and who you ''possess'' in the dream you deduce that it was in fact *you* in a past life.

You see, the problem I'm having with this is that I have had *very* *very* realistic dreams before, up to the taste and touch of lips, the leaves floating around in the wind.

However I am quite certain that the location and event were not an event of a past life.

To know that it is, you would need to have experienced the event first hand and remember it (outside of a ''dream'') or have some report from a journalist about the event, I think if perspective and realism is all you go by, ''believing'' would be a better word than ''knowing''.

But that's just my view, so to answer your question.

If by experiencing a ''past life dream'' you mean having a very realistic dream about ''being'' a person based on perspective with life-like aspects in it. Then yes, I have experienced dozens. (Before you ask, I am a lucid dreamer, but I have normal dreams as well, and I usually remember most of them.)

Edit:
Note that I do believe in the possibility of various what some people might call ''supernatural'' events in dreams, however I usually do not claim these things to be truth until I find a situation in which it turned out to be truth in the end. (Or *very* likely.)

An example would be shared dreaming. Just because you had a realistic dream which contained one of your friends it does not mean that you shared a dream with him. To know it he would have to verify that he had the same dream.

Also sorry in the case that there's more that led you to "know" your event to be truth, but the lack of detail in your opening post made me assume that the person in the dream, and the ''realism'' together simply made it truth for you.

[edit on 20/8/08 by -0mega-]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by goldbomb444

well good, i've been studying gnostic texts for a bit now.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by -0mega-

well, i've never even seen such a car/ambulance in my life till atleast 14 years ago, second i never said it was proven fact; merely that i thought it was real, that it "felt" like a real event.

i need to watch my word usage, i indeed stated it like fact, sorry..

[edit on 20-8-2008 by namehere]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
well, i've never even seen such a car/ambulance in my life till atleast 14 years ago, second i never said it was proven fact; merely that i thought it was real, that it "felt" like a real event.

Originally posted by namehere
It wasn't much of a dream but i know it was of a real event and i am unsure why i was shown my past life.

That sure looks like you are claiming that you have been shown your past life and that it indeed was a real event.

But regardless, dreams are not just about things you have seen.

For example you can dream about planets that you have never seen, a house that you have never seen, humans that you have never seen, zombies that you have never seen, cars that you have never seen.

The list goes on and on and on.

To have seen a car, or an ambulance of *any* type, is sufficient to produce a dream in which you see a different ambulance.

Just like people's imagination can bring forth things that noone has ever seen before.

In any case I would suggest that you find the article that proves that the event took place, or has a high chance of having actually happened some time in the past.

Edit: That is, using the details that you remember from you dream of course.

[edit on 20/8/08 by -0mega-]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by -0mega-

well you might be right, its just i had such a strong feeling that it was real, i still do so i posted.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I actually do have a feeling that I was once a woman in the past lifetime. I have a bit of a feminine side to me. When I pose for pictures. The poses looks feminine. Yeah I wore make up a few times. Black eye shadow for halloween. My mama says that I could've been a hot babe. But I do have an interest in big breasts.. So maybe I was a lesbian ?_?

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Shrukin89]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shrukin89
I actually do have a feeling that I was once a woman in the past lifetime. I have a bit of a feminine side to me. When I pose for pictures. The poses looks feminine. Yeah I wore make up a few times. Black eye shadow for halloween. My mama says that I could've been a hot babe. But I do have an interest in big breasts.. So maybe I was a lesbian ?_?

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Shrukin89]

Or your a tranny? j/k

I still say you can have dreams that intuition will tell you is real...you just FEEL it...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Namehere....

It's entirely possible that you've has some kind of spontaneous past life recall, and it's also very common for souls to switch genders between lives, sometimes many many time. I'm not a regression therapist, but I have read and studied this a lot, and have had regressions done. I know I have many past lives as a man, some of them quite surprising in their detail when I recall them, and if you're going to go down the route of exploring them this way, please be very careful who you choose as your therapist. It's not a practice that can be rushed or taken lightly, as it can bring up some traumatic issues, and your therapist needs to be competent in dealing with these if they arise...they might not....mine never have although I'm sure they are there.

U2U me if you need more info...and I think there is a regression therapist who posts here, but I'm not sure who...will try and find out for you.

Cait

[edit on 21-8-2008 by caitlinfae]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Last year I had a brief but extremely realistic waking thought of being an old woman in the late 18th century USA knitting a quilt with a bunch of other elderly women in a log cabin. I'm a 31 year old male and I have never knitted anything in my life, been interested in the earlier periods of the USA, or ever desired being an old woman. I don't know what it meant but who knows? Maybe it was a past life memory.

new topics

top topics

join