It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DENVER police readying makshift warehouse prisons for mass DNC arrests

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

DENVER police readying makshift warehouse prisons for mass DNC arrests

www.rockymountainnews.com

Investigative reporter Rick Sallinger discovered the location and managed to get inside Tuesday for a look. The newly created lockup, in a warehouse northeast of Denver, contains dozens of metal cages made of chain-link fence material, topped by rolls of barbed wire.

Each of these fenced-in areas is about 15 feet by 15 feet, with a lock on the door.

A sign on the wall reads "Warning, electric stun devices used in this facility."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Mooooo......Mooooooo..

Welcome to America, say whatever you want, just dont let anyone hear you.

www.rockymountainnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
This is whats going to happen if people vote for Obama. Heck they already preparing to do this before Obama was even elected. Those Democrats wants to make sure nobody challenge them for their pursuit of power.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Here are some pics of Denver's ummm "Human control and detainment systems and facilities"

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I guess these locations are the Americans new ``free speech zones.``

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Denver residents are allready calling it "Guantanamo on the Platt" (The Platt being the main river running threw downtown Denver.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

That area right there is where people will be forming a single file line. Homeland Security will walk them through metal detectors and store there personal belongings in bins.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Those Democrats wants to make sure nobody challenge them for their pursuit of power.

And the Republicans are different...

Two sides of the same devalued coin, my fellow American...

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

This is whats going to happen if people vote for Obama. Heck they already preparing to do this before Obama was even elected. Those Democrats wants to make sure nobody challenge them for their pursuit of power.

What are you talking about? The GOP convention in Minneapolis won't be a challenge? English isn't the language you were brought up with; is it?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Nope English was never my first language. Anyways lets see what the Republicans will do on their convention, you expect the same results? Makeshift warehouse prisons like the Democrats are doing? Heck the Republicans had 8 years to do that. The Democrats already doing this before the election was even starting in November.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
One of the many things that are absent from the article, is the intended occupancy of the detainment center. What are they planning on? 100? 1000? more? I think that, at least for me, would be indicative of the motive and reasoning behind the whole thing.

From the description of it, it sounds like an extremely temporary detainment, as no bathroom facilities were mentioned. If this is a true story and not an exaggeration of the situation, I seriously doubt the local law enforcement would jam people in without consideration for the most basic of human needs. Water can be handed out. Else, this would bode horribly for the Democratic committee, and likely outshine every other story.

Not to mention the profound amount of guards/police/National Guard -- whatever -- that would be necessary to conduct people to and from a porta-potty. Could this possibly be a pre-emptive warning to those that might choose to disrupt the proceedings in an unlawful fashion?

Interesting thread, thanks OP, and by the way, nice to meet you. Respect.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by argentus]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Reminds me of Gitmo on the Hudson..

Oh ya we forget the RNC 04 NYC... we forget how they arrested anyone/everyone there..

On a good note, a judge found the city wrong and fined 1000 per head a day for being in jail longer than they had to..

Remember tho.. History dont repeat itself.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
That term "free speech zone" sickens me. Freedom of speech is our Constitutional right.

I don't need to say any more.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

reply to post by whaaa

Nope English was never my first language. Anyways lets see what the Republicans will do on their convention, you expect the same results? Makeshift warehouse prisons like the Democrats are doing? Heck the Republicans had 8 years to do that. The Democrats already doing this before the election was even starting in November.

You really need to do some reading deltaboy. What is your first language if you don't mind me asking.

The Republicans had similar "free speech zones" in New York in 2004. I think its a reflex of the police state to err on the side of massive overkill with a little bit of glee mixed. They got lots of new toys you know.

Prediction: Someone gets killed by a tazer.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Dude... Democrat...Republican... Two sides of the same counterfeit coin they try to hand us. And it will buy only one thing: NWO.

Think outside the box, eh?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I guess I am naive, but who is going to be protesting at the DNC convention?
From the wikipedia article on the 2004 convention:

There were a number of demonstrations during the 2004 Democratic National Convention.[citation needed] The stated objective of the protesters was to put pressure on the Democratic Party to oppose the U.S.-led occupation of Iraq, as well as protests from activists dissatisfied with the moderation of the ticket and platform as well as Republicans who support the incumbent president and his pro-war policies.[citation needed] Many of the demonstrators were anarchists[citation needed] and others focused on long term change, apparently unimpressed with the mild or conservative policies of certain Democrats.[citation needed] Many activities were festive in nature. The Bl(A)ck Tea Society organized the Really Really Democratic Bazaar, a festival with free food and music which was held on July 27.[citation needed]
Small scale street demonstrations escalated on the final day of the convention and Boston police tactical teams composed of hundreds of officers appeared in full force.[citation needed] That afternoon, an anarchist group called the Black Tea Society convened outside FleetCenter and called for "decentralized direct action."[citation needed] Their protests were denounced by city officials lacking permits to march. A local Critical Mass group bicycled through Boston as a form of protest to what they believed to be a political party that turned its back on what they describe as the party's traditional ideals.[citation needed]
That evening a group of peace activists held a peaceful rally a few hundred feet from the FleetCenter. Local Boston politicians were joined by presidential candidate Dennis Kucinich and long-time activist and California state senator Tom Hayden in a call to end the occupation of and to remove U.S. troops from Iraq and to bring in an international peacekeeping force.[citation needed]

en.wikipedia.org...

I mean maybe I am out of my mind, but what are they anticipating, a mass movement of armed militias? Seriously, it sounds like there might not even be protests in the magnitude of 2004. I mean, the Democrat Candidate is running on a platform of ending the Iraq War.

I just don't get all the crazy preparations as if a Civil War is about to start. I remember a thread a while ago talking about using a microwave pain gun would be used at the DNC.

Maybe I am just out of touch, but I don't get who is supposed to be protesting this year, and why. It seems like they are expecting a million man march or something.
DocMoreau

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
What is most strange to me is the amount of military support that the DNC convention is getting. We have been task to support that convention to a degree that borderline on the ridiculous. Is like they are really expecting something big to go down.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
If it's a place to put criminals, then what is the problem? Has anyone thought of the possibility that Denver already has a high crime rate, and might have overcrowding in their local jails already? I know a lot of people on here are jumpy about the loss of freedoms in this country, but this seems a bit much at the moment. It is only August and there is more than a slight chance they still might be working on the facility in preparation for the DNC. A quote from the authorities said that there was going to be a press release explaining the situation and yet the article is presented as a undercover expose. Just another reporter trying to get a scoop, nothing more.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Those images eerily remind me of the movie Children of Men.

Perhaps they're planning on detaining any citizens that pose any threat, whether physical or intellectual, against what the goverment wants.

The goverment works for us, so why do we have to answer to the goverment? It should be the other way around.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
At the risk of younding stupid - what is a DNC facility?

Also could it be planned for some other use?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join