It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DENVER police readying makshift warehouse prisons for mass DNC arrests

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
all I can say is this is scary anything that looks like that and is made for human use is Fu@#$D......

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
do you think its for protesters against the war with iran when it comes?...im guessing in will just be a short stay 0-24 hrs ....

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
maybe they are expecting a bunch of right wingers to descend on denver...you know the anti-abortion people, the hate-liberals people, reverend phelps and his "hate-fags" church

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by smans

-- DNC-- Democratic National Convention. The 2008 DNC will be held in Denver, Colorado August 25-28, 2008.

Also could it be planned for some other use?

Perhaps the facilities will be used as boarding kennels for the pets of those attending.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I don't see that a lack of bathroom facilities is going to stop them putting humans into those "cells" and I really don't think they would bother letting them go to the porta potty under armed guard. They will just leave the people in there to do what they have to do on the floor and then just spray out all the cages each morning to remove any mess. Simple.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Just drop a bucket into the cell and make em clean it out? Buckets are cheap and is cleaning up your own body's waste considered cruel and unusual? Station a few Army medics around to cover medical. Telephones? What are they? Middle school Girls that absolutely cannot live without their phones? As for the lawyer... flip the bucket over and theres a table to put the briefcase on.

That sounds like prison though, we don't have anything like that in America, I mean internet access, good food, cable t.V, exercise equipment, Basketball courts, freshly washed jumpsuits, telephones, pen and paper to write as many letters as you want to anonymous strangers you see in the newspaper (True story, my sister got a letter from an inmate because he saw her in the newspaper) visitation hours, Cigarettes. I wonder if the Crime rate in America would decrease at all if we actually had prisons like this whole DNC thing. Maybe we should turn our regular prisons into actual prison instead of only doing so for people who are exercising their constitutional rights?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

You want to talk about power? Explain how republican money monger George Bush cheated two elections? HE CHEATED!!! [snip] Don't worry, I'm not voting for Obama! I would never vote for somebody that has a name and the looks of the enemy! This world is so doomed, I'm not voting at all for the first time in my life. I certainly don't want another money hungry republican in office again! Nobody can fix this mess of a country! Bush has ruined everything and anybody that still supports him should be jailed for life just for being an ignorant idiot!

Removed Profanity -
Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I dont know but those chain link cages will not hold hardened criminals...

Flimsy at best, a couple of crazies could knock it down with no problem, stun blasters or not.

Looks like it could be for political freespeechers, they are most generally not too violent, or will they be?

It just blows my mind that there are factions here knowing what is to come and yet we the sheeple sit without a clue.

I do not think of my self as a sheep but I cannot tell you what the cages are all about, guess we will wait until the announcement next week.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by doomsday2012

You want to talk about power? Explain how republican money monger George Bush cheated two elections? HE CHEATED!!! You Republicans can all F OFF AND DIE! Don't worry, I'm not voting for Obama! I would never vote for somebody that has a name and the looks of the enemy! This world is so doomed, I'm not voting at all for the first time in my life. I certainly don't want another money hungry republican in office again! Nobody can fix this mess of a country! Bush has ruined everything and anybody that still supports him should be jailed for life just for being an ignorant idiot!

So you don't want obama cause he reminds you of the enemy, but you don't want a republican either? so rather than choose a third option youa re just not gonnna vote? you hae no one to blame but yourself if either obama or mclame gets into office.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

It's probably for all the nutcases that plan on going after Obama. I want to make one thing clear befor I go on. I am not involved in any way shape or form with any groups that hate blacks or muslims, but get real people! Do you really think that all the hateful people in this country are going to allow a black Muslim to run our country? We are all screwed! McCain is going to drop dead of old age, and Obama is going to be dodging maniacs. I guess whoever has the best running mate should win..... Either way, if inflation or manmade diseases don't kill us, our own planet is going to kill us....

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
After the RNC in '04 none of you thought they would do it again? I'm not going to be there so I don't need to worry but if any of you plan on going I would make sure your attorney either knew you was going or would be there with you to make sure your exercising of our 1st amendment right wasn't infringed by being placed in a cage or a free speech zone. They can only do what we allow them to do. Once the vast majority realizes this the government will change it's tune.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It's a free speech zone that's being set up and yah, i agree that being placed behind a cage is hardly being able to exercise your freedom of speech but let's not forget who brought these cages to their popularity...the bush Administration. this is nothing new...anytime bush comes to your town, the secret service scope the area out first, make arrangements for these cages, protest groups are surveillanced, etc. These cages were set so that these people could protest freely without being harmed by the police AND to keep them away and out of sight from bush, the media,and so on. It bites but don't think that with Bush speaking at the RNC that similar preparations aren't being made there. if you don't think forces are already equipped with a new batch of tasers for the RNC, you're sadly mistaken. Also, due to the increased amount of death threats against Obama, he regretfully is running around with his own secret servicemen. Whether you are for him or against him, it's sad that Obama has to take extra precautions because people want to off him for the color of his skin.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

As reluctant as I am to agree with this fellow conservative (hes a far different conservative than I am), I will be agreeing because we both understand that liberal policies are based on "The government must take care of you", which, sometimes calls for certain individuals to be restrained in order to better the whole.

I personally think the power that the republicans have gained in corruption, will destroy this country when in the hands of the democrats. The greater good is a dangerous mentality that will cast aside the rights of a few to better the whole.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797

"The government must take care of you", which, sometimes calls for certain individuals to be restrained in order to better the whole.

I understand what you mean by this but how can locking innocent people up for exercising their right to speak out better for the whole? It's not the same as locking up a dangerous criminal to protect the populace.They aren't using these cages to stop disruptive protesters(unless they plan on there being a lot of them or they know something is going to happen there that we don't) these cages will be for those that say things that they(PTB) don't want others to hear. They have these cages for protesters at the DNC and RNC but yet they don't have them for when illegals protest that they have the right to be here. It's come down to the government saying you can protest and we won't do anything to you for it unless it's something we feel you shouldn't be protesting. Like the government or it's candidates to screw us more.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisabledVet
Here are some pics of Denver's ummm "Human control and detainment systems and facilities"

Where is this? I am DENVER and would like to confirm. Hopefully I will not tear it all down in a plucky rage...

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Simon_Boudreaux

That's pretty simple actually, when the topic they are speaking out about is deemed to endanger the publics safety. Attempting to put a topic in the spotlight that would make people lose faith in the government, or eachother, may be deemed as detrimental to the overall morale and betterment of society.

If a topic were so damaging to the goals and betterment of the country as a whole, (could be a major corruption cover up, or a big error the government made that would make people call for a complete restriction on government powers) they may feel it necessary to detain these people while the situation blows over.

They didnt come all this way to have a couple people, who feel "the right to know" trumps the welfare of the greater good, destroy it all by exercising free speech.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by grimreaper797]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
What I find most interesting is that nearly all protest groups are made up of almost exclusively Liberals and their party is the Democrats. They usually ignore the DNC Convention and only cause trouble for the GOP. This is a unique year. They will be protesting their own Party and Candidates.

The Denver cops know they are in the spotlight. Anyone they arrest will deserve it. There were actually people planning on carrying buckets of feces to throw at people. Democrats too by the way
Peaceful protesters won't be bothered. They never are. Only the violent people who stomp all over other peoples rights have problems at these things. They of course have bright futures as Burger King managers

Not belonging to a Party I get no Convention, but these others are sure fun to watch.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I think there will be "gov" troublemakers to stir up trouble- this is how the PTB operate- doing it since who knows when. they will do it for the DNC and RCN- they seize opportunities

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I think a lot of the groups won't be there to protest their own party, necessarily, but so that their demands or concerns will be heard and acknowledged. This is also a huge platform for all these groups because the conventions are covered by all the media. I'm sure there will be violence, though, what with some people thinking Obama is the antichrist. I just read a huge thread on it! But yes, Denver police are definitely under a tight leash right now so hopefully any arrests they make should be with good reason, let's hope.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

If ya do wind up checking out and confirming these facilities.

Do us a favor and try and get a picture of the locks that are being used on this facility.

I figure I may as well get a solution to the lock up just in case any of us get the privilege of a stay in their little people kennels. Perhaps even make a mess of copies to be distributed amongst protest groups just for good measure.

Yes, it's really as easy as that.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join