It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest Deception of Mankind

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

What 'god' has done in the meantime I will probably never understand?!

Hiding in clay pots and shooting pink laser beams into the eyes of science fiction writers, apparently.

Sometimes they would refer to themselves as the guardians ... or watchers

Another one for the "Archon" hypothesis...

[edit on 14-8-2008 by Eleleth]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tall_girl
Light, the story of you being run over by the truck brought tears to my eyes. Our God is an Awesome God and He is still performing miracles - we KNOW that - we don't just "believe" it. Faith comes first and it is our faith that solidifies our belief. We truly can KNOW God - not just know of him (religion, in my opinion).

Now I got it!

You have to live trough some horrible experience before you can truly believe there is a god. Because without this...Why would you anyway?

Or am I again totally wrong?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1nL1ghtened
...and in fact I did reply to one of your posts... to help you out the the exact post is here: (CLICK ME!)

My apologies. I did miss the response.

I do want to point out, in re your previous post, that numbers do not make something true... A while back, virtually EVERYBODY believed the world was flat. That 2 billion people believe something just means that these people have either never been offered an alternative, or despite alternatives have chosen the given belief. (I'm estimating that roughly four and a half billion believe an alternative way...)

So "proving" that there is more evidence for God than for aliens by pointing out that less than a third of the population of the world have chosen to believe in that particular dogma rather doesn't fly.

More people - by a whopping whole lot - claim to have seen with their own two eyes UFOs and actual aliens than claim the same for God.

I want to quote from that post...

People are born with a sinful nature and Im sure we can all agree that NONE of us are perfect.

This depends on:

What you define perfection to be. I may think that Joe Blow's restaurant makes perfect pot pie. You may have very different expectations and find the JB's does NOT make the perfect pot pie. Quite frankly, I think I am perfect. I am the perfect me.

What you define as sin. Some think homosexuality is a sin. Others, seeing the rest of Leviticus as being easily dismissed (they don't sell their daughters into slavery and they do eat shrimp), dismiss this as well. I do not believe in sin, believing that it is a method of control placed into dogma to control the humans that would believe it.

I also have much greater faith in humanity than you do, it would seem. I think we are all born "sinless" and have the free will to make good or poor choices as we learn about the world around us, and that unwanted, unloved, neglected and abused children often make poor choices as they develop.

(This is why I support abortion, as I believe, as the God of the Bible told the Hebrews - and many other Gods say this, as well - that the spirit, or soul if you will, enters the fleshly vessel at first breath. And to condemn a spirit to a life of poverty, lack of love, neglect and/or abuse is wickedness. At least ensure that every child forced into this world has food, clothing, shelter and - MOST importantly - love.)

Another quote from the previous post:

Through all of that I still had a personal relationship with God, I prayed and tried to have honor and integrity in everything that I did... and I believe that thats what God wants. He wants to have a personal relationship with everyone. Church is a place for like minded individuals to gather, commune, and learn together. I placed too much stock on the works of other men, spirituality is an individual and personal journey.

I see "God" quite differently. God is not someone "out there" pouring energy inward. I am a manifestation of God, pouring energy from within outward. By the same token, I believe YOU are a manifestation of God, as well. So is every speck of Consciousness. I believe Consciousness pervades the Universe and is present at varying levels in all matter.

FYI... I was raised without religious dogma. I was taught honesty, fairness, honor, respect, diligence, integrity. I was given an abundance of love, caring, tenderness, and attention.

I felt the human yearning to understand myself, and looked for it outside myself in a number of Gods, Christian, Judaic, Shinto, Hindu, Wiccan and more. When, as Jesus suggests in the Gospel of Thomas, I looked within... That's when I found my answers.

Back to this most recent post...

To answer your latest question; Yes I have entertained that thought, and many, many others.

My research strongly indicates otherwise, hence the name of this thread is NOT: Aliens The Architects of Religion I do appreciate your thoughts and comments and on a side note: I am part Cherokee Indian, and the elders whom I spoke to about the UFO phenomenon have never heard of the Hopie's "terra papers" and think "UFO's" are in fact spirits.

And my research indicates a difference from your research results. [shrug] That happen.

As for the Cherokee knowing what the Hopi have been keeping secret - until a virtually unknown college paper was written, which maybe a couple hundred people even knew about, until they were offered here at ATS, and which are not, to my knowledge, published...

I'm not at all surprised.

Still... You might want to read them, just for comparison's sake, if for no other reason. But I won't get bent if you don't.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Charles Fort once said, "I think we're property ... we belong to something."

Well, in The Terra Papers, interestingly enough...this is exactly the case.

As to why they are here, "they say that the soul is the food of the Archons and Powers without which they cannot live, because (the soul) is of the dew from above and gives them strength."

I suspect the truth of this is left out of the Papers, because it was not brought up by Von Daniken. But I do think there is an energy we create that they feed off of. Some say it is adrenochrome. Others say it is more an essence of spirit.

I'm most inclined to believe the former.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kcire

Now I got it!

You have to live trough some horrible experience before you can truly believe there is a god. Because without this...Why would you anyway?

Or am I again totally wrong?

This post was written as a culmination of experiences and research done over the years about the UFO and Alien enigma. The is a forum here Conspiracies in Religion filled with people far more educated than my self in all religious matters to answer your questions and debate endlessly with you there.

As I have stated numerous times I am a Christian, that being said..I am not a pastor or a priest. I have not attended seminary school nor do I currently attend church. Does that mean I do not have faith in God? No, it doesn't. But I have tried to answer your questions about religion and God, to the best of my admittedly limited abilities. Good luck on your very personal quest for knowledge.

EDITED: for clarity

[edit on 8/14/2008 by 1nL1ghtened]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

I do truly appreciate your contributions. I will try and read more on the terra papers and tell you what I think. I want to ask you this...what types of personal experiences have you had with UFO's and or (alleged) aliens?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
I suspect the truth of this is left out of the Papers, because it was not brought up by Von Daniken. But I do think there is an energy we create that they feed off of. Some say it is adrenochrome. Others say it is more an essence of spirit.

That very omission is why I can't fully accept the Terra Papers as an accurate assessment of what's really been going on on this planet. Christians have their demonic ETs, people like Bramley and Icke have their custodial gods, and the more I look at it, the more they both point me to those Gnostic papyri buried in a jar in Chenoboskion.

(And no, I'm not a fan of John Lash, I think he's way off base in his conclusions.)

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Hi - long time browser, first time posting.

I've given alot of thought to this very topic - long before reading it here. I will start by stating clearly that I am a Christian and while I don't believe THAT fact makes me an authority, I also DO NOT believe that it causes me to be biased. This entire scenario makes much more sense to me than any of the others and I think there are many other topics that relate to this, but for the sake of addressing THIS topic, I'm not going to go into all of that.

In my mind it would be the ultimate deception. Here is one scenario; say our world is in turmoil (whether it be from natural disasters, the proposed planet X event, etc) and someone (aliens/demons) show up and proclaim, "We can save you and your world. We have the technology. All you need to do is....(fill in the blank). While this scenario may seem far-fetched, stop and think about it. IF this actually happened, it's nto a stretch to say that nearly everyone on this planet who is not a true Christian or strong believer in another religion, would at least consider believing and trusting in these "whoever they are," and following what they say to do. Even many Christians would be deceived and the Bible does speak of this in the Gospel of Matthew, from Jesus' own words.

I lived in New Orleans for many years and saw firsthand alot of the voodoo, psychic, demon-worship culture. Things I would have never believed possible, things I was warned to stay away from and even warned to not spend too much time in thought about so as to not become too curious. Bad things. There is so much we don't see or understand and you're right, we either believethat what God says is true or we don't. It's black and white. Now the Bible doesn't really discuss UFO's, aliens, or life on other planets, so it's hard to quote the Bible as a reference on this topic

BUT - this is, in my opinion, the most important POINT...if this scenario of yours is accurate...if they are demons in disguise, we'd all do well to be prepared IN CASE we ever see such a day when deception comes our way. It would be foolish to NOT prepare regardless of what you believe.

Lastly, if you or anyone else wants to dig a little deeper into this idea, go read the book NEPHILIM AND THE PYRAMID OF THE APOCALYPSE - itputs forth some very interesting ideas about the past and future. Sorry I can't remember the authors name but I simply typed that name into eBay and found the book. It was an amazing read even if it is very speculative.

Hi Anonymous!

So much going on I some how missed your post, and I appreciate you sharing your thought here as well, welcome to ATS.

When considering the ramifications of this line of thought, that aliens are demons in disguise I have thought a great many things.

1.) How could satan possibly fool mankind in this day and age being that we no longer believe in fairies or goblins or mythological beasts for that mater.

He would use things that are of this time, UFO's, Aliens..and technology in general. How many people today worship technology?

2.)How could he use these things against us?

Many purported abductees tell stories of how these beings relate to them that they created us.. people are often in a weakened and very vulnerable state usually paralyzed and completely controlled and are easily influenced. They stop to think: well if they have this tech, they know far more than I so they must be right. That seed has been planted...

3.) If aliens are demons...then why do they perform tests and experiments on us.

Firstly they are sadists...they feed off our pain and fear. They delight in our agony and will go to any lengths to distribute it to us. I think satan has and can become physical and has possibly figured out a way to make his own little physical beings by directly influencing men, scientists who are engaged in cloning research, possibly even our own government

4.) Why would he do this?

I believe that he and his minions are trying to find a way to seperate our physical bodies from our souls, and or just possibly hy-jack them in hopes they can escape their predetermined demise.

It is a very thought provoking subject and there are many researchers who do believe these theories to be true.

Thank you for posting!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1nL1ghtened
reply to post by Amaterasu

I do truly appreciate your contributions. I will try and read more on the terra papers and tell you what I think. I want to ask you this...what types of personal experiences have you had with UFO's and or (alleged) aliens?

Funny you should ask. Aside from seeing something aerially, behaving as nothing *I* know about, not much - except that I do suspect I am abducted from time to time. Weird marks showing up overnight, a sense that I am missing something or there is something I can't quite remember...

But I had always passed these things off...not as something specific, but as unimportant. I have already explained my experience having read the Papers, so I won't repeat much, but as I sat there, shaking at the dramatic paradigm shift I had experienced, suddenly I thought about all these little things... And I though just maybe... Maybe they are signs that I am an abductee.

The reason I experienced such a deep and complete shift in my paradigm was that, like Neo in the Matrix, I looked around and felt a nagging unease; I could not understand, given what I know of humans, WHY some things were the way they were.

And as I got to the end... ALL my WHYs were answered. Suddenly I saw my Universe with astonishing clarity.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I think it is apparent that the gent (?) from Netherlands has a quarrel with anyone who believes in God. But I gotta tell ya, I think it would do something 'miraculous' (had to throw that word in there!) in regards to your personality. You start to care for other people rather than just looking introspectively. You don't want to delibrately offend them. Now with that as a start, wouldn't that alone make the world a better place?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eleleth

That very omission is why I can't fully accept the Terra Papers as an accurate assessment of what's really been going on on this planet. Christians have their demonic ETs, people like Bramley and Icke have their custodial gods, and the more I look at it, the more they both point me to those Gnostic papyri buried in a jar in Chenoboskion.

(And no, I'm not a fan of John Lash, I think he's way off base in his conclusions.)

Ah, but you see, Robert had limitations placed on him by the nature of the trust with Bek'Ti. He could not introduce an element that had not been discussed elsewhere (and remember, these were written mid 1970's). As I read the Papers, I could see very clearly that a great deal was not brought up. Much of it I could surmise by what I know, what has come out since they were written, but also I could sense areas where there was missing information that even now is not available. I keep wondering what that information is...

I do believe we have the closest to the truth in the Papers, if not, by far, the whole truth.

Do you have a link to see what is contained in those papyri? Would love to read them!

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I do believe we have the closest to the truth in the Papers, if not, by far, the whole truth.

Do you have a link to see what is contained in those papyri? Would love to read them!

You can find them all here; the Apocryphon of John is always a popular one. It would be wrong to take them completely literally, of course, but the mythology reveals a greater truth.

As to exactly what they feed off of, Robert Monroe talks at length about "loosh" in the book "Far Journeys". Is it true? Probably not entirely.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Wow! I cannot believe that there is someone out there that has the same basic belief about this phenomena as my own. I too believed/thought that this phenomena was tangible, and believe certain parts of it are. The ultimate agenda however, I believe to be Satanic. Earth is the realm of Satan, Satan the great deceiver, and before the return of Christ, Satans power shall be strong for a short time.

If one really contemplates this theory and combines and meshes this with the state of the world and all the things that have us all scratching our heads going "huh - well that doesn't make any sense!" Now apply this theory to the worlds currently bewildering situation and all of a sudden a lot of things begin to make sense.

We've heard that world leaders are in communication with "Spirits at the highest levels" can't people see how perfectly this all fits together? Satan, the GREAT DECEIVER!

Think about this and alot of the things about the world and the events of the world, especially current, seem to fit together and make sense. I have had this awakening over that last 3 years or so, and since this time, God, the world, the events all make sense to me (in a limited human view). When I came to this realization, it is probably the best thing that has ever happened to me because I am no longer stressed out day-to-day trying to make sense of things that no matter how long you look at them, and no matter how many different angles you look at it, it DOES NOT, CANNOT MAKE SENSE. Immigration, World Government, NAFTA, New Olreans, Ga$, Bilderbergs, CFR, UN, Bohemian Grove, Etc., Etc., Etc. They are, I beleive, all related and interconnected witha Satanic Agenda. Throw Satan and his Minions at work and these things and many others become much more focused and sometimes completely clear.

I have many things that lead me to this revelation, but as I'm new here and don't want to ruffle any more feathers than what the original poster ruffled, I'll stop for now.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Ill ask here how you start a topic. Since i cannot find any way of posting a new inportant topic anywhere. God help anyone who wants to post a pic here.

[edit on 14-8-2008 by imagineyou]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
this post is another example of why the ILLUMINATI are the good ones. because the masses, like yourselves, are completely ILLOGICAL and DELUSIONAL. How can you face reality, go out and hunt and find shelter for yourself if you are so obsessed with things that DO NOT EXIST.

That is why the NEW WORL ORDER is created...to take care of you lazy, greedy, delusional masses. You refuse to face reality. you refuse to take care of yourself. you need the illuminati to feed you and shelter you.

but no im kidding. Its Satan, yup. Its lucifer. when he took a 3rd of gods army with him he planned to trick u all.
you, like the masses are nothing more than an animal. SIMPLE> end of freaking story.
YOU refuse to accept that fact, therefore u are delusional and u need the illuminati to protect you.
Greatest deception of mankind is the masses fooling themselves into thinking there is anything past logic and common sense.
EVEN if there is a GOD, do you actually think God would not be angry at teh simle fact that you REFUSED to take care of yourself as an animal first.

Maybe it was ENOCH that u saw, he did turn into Metatron (which means "above the throne")..no u dont think so?

I would like to tell everyone on this forum that you all secretly LOVE the illuminati and the NWO. U all beg them to create the system.

the greys and the aliens are not real, they are put out there by the illuminati to PROVE to you all that the masses NEED TO BE ENSLAVED. the masses waste their time with things that do not matter instead of going out to hunt and face reality.

no im kidding. all of it. But I dont think its satan. I think the greys are real.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehype16
reply to post by freakngeckos

I know exactly of what he talking about. I have been in the situations he is talking about and so have so many other people.

My grandmother once during sleep paralysis she saw her dead husband choking her and she felt pressure around her neck. Her brain is making the feeling of pressure react to what she is seeing. Same principle goes for people that have realistic dreams. Like when you fall and hit the ground in a dream your brain helps create feeling upon waking up as if bouncing. Night terror is alittle different it is just a terrible feeling upon waking up making you scared to point of sleep deprevation.

I have had more sleep paralysis, than anyone I've met I can recall 11 times, that I didn't induce myself. Some were sleep paralysis alone, some had shadow people and some had familiar faces. I know what his experience felt like. No matter what he was seeing or feeling, he would have never been physically harmed.

Im sorry bro, you are wrong! I hadn't even went to sleep yet!

1) I had not been asleep yet!
2) This has happened before, and the word "Jesus", and it was gone!
3) I know what nite terrors are! its not as you discribe!
4) I am a youth Psych
5) my mental state at this time was clear and happy! This just came upon me, from no where! No logic behind it!
6) And, what if your wrong? It will blow every belief you have about these events, as not being supernatural, out the window?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUMDUMONKEY
reply to post by 1nL1ghtened

Ahhh i see what you are trying to do, Anyway nice try for a religious nut, Im sorry man i was interested at first but when you started turning to scripture and names like satan and all that you lost my interest.Sometimes i cant understand you guys really. Im sure you have good intentions but come on man, when i go to bed tonight i must first PRAY for forgiveness!!!! are you joking, Forgiveness for being born into this world by my parents choice. Im sure you are on your own personal religious spiritual journey, just dont try to force it on others.

thanks

It always does amaze me that "Bible People" seem to give the evil powers all the credit for contacting and interacting with us... and all their God can give is for us to assume blind faith in words written by men in an ancient past.

Come on folks... not all contact is evil.... that is pure superstition. Amazingly beautiful entities are right here with us too. Many of us have had proof of this.

And for anyone to assume that humans on earth are the only Life in this universe is too arrogant to even discuss.

There are many abductees who have been shown environmental issues in dire crisis that we humans are creating and need to stop. How is everything... even the good... always dismissed by "Bible People" as being an evil plan to get us to trust evil?

If that is true... then we mere humans haven't a chance. If it is how these "Bible People" preach then the very men that wrote the bible would have been influenced by all these evil entities to easily control masses with mere words that would be brainwashed to many from birth. Thank God it all simply isn't true and the bible has been written and rewritten and rewritten by mere men only.

To believe that all contact is evil... is evil in my mind. It's wrong. It is demeaning to the most powerful forces there are... the forces of unconditional Love and Light that are waiting thisclose for us to only believe in them.

[edit on 8/14/2008 by dreams n chains]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Standingby
Heck,

All one has to do is to read the 1st book of ENOCH.

Read it, it is the oldest book on the planet, hidden from mankind for the last 1000 years, its now available.

READ THE 1st BOOK OF ENOCH and you will get an idea of what is goin on.

I so agree!

The book of Enoch, was the answer to my questioned faith in this truth!

then it all fits!

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nL1ghtened

Interesting. I have a bit of a challenge to you. Examine your logic and theory outside of the religious aspect. Keep all the rest of the detail, but drop the theology from it. See what you get.

Not trashing on the Bible, or Christianity. But letting it define your reality instead of apply an objective reality to your beliefs is dangerous, because it can make you blind to things and open the door to logical fallacies.

Overall, I think you've got a point, in that there is some sort of phenomenon, and it doesn't really appear to be what most people expect. On a different angle, I suspect that a large number of "supernatural" phenomenon are both related and not so much supernatural as rather being evidence of our still infantile grasp of some aspects of science and our reality.

I suppose I take a strange perspective on many alternative subjects. I've experienced a number firsthand, yet I still believe that science can unlock these secrets and bring an understanding of them.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I am peace. I am salvation. I am a timeless curse, join your voice with my own and soon victory everlasting. for I am asking in u freedom. time has taught me patient

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join