It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you, President Bush

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Uh... I don't know if anyone's been keeping abreast of current events.

edition.cnn.com...

www.fool.com...

ml-implode.com...

www.thetrumpet.com...

money.cnn.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

blog.cleveland.com...

Conservatives prefer a free market solution to almost everything. If that is the case, why is the US government lending billions upon billions to juggernaut lenders - that seems like some drastic tampering with the free market if I ever did see one.

Why, one could call it 'socialized' banking.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Well...while you're thanking your dear president...you might want to leave him a note before dying in one of his very special death camps. A note saying, "I thought you were a righteous president Mr. Bush, Thank You"
You idiots...don't you realize he could care less about any of you? Do some stinkin' research on all the horrible things he's done and is doing to YOU! Get a grip on reality!!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattguy404

Conservatives prefer a free market solution to almost everything. If that is the case, why is the US government lending billions upon billions to juggernaut lenders - that seems like some drastic tampering with the free market if I ever did see one.

Why, one could call it 'socialized' banking.

Thats right and thats why alot of conservatives do not agree with it. But I think the key word there is lending, meaning it will get paid back and probably with interest. You could almost call it a smart investment.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by Cool Hand Luke]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheInformer
Thank you President Bush for the flourishing economy and low deficit.

US budget deficit soars to $US103b

news.theage.com.au...

US budget deficit to reach $440b

Factors behind the deficit increase include the cost of the war in Iraq and problems in the housing market that prompted a wider economic slowdown.

www.abc.net.au...

U.S. Budget Deficit Hit $102.77 Billion in July

WASHINGTON -- The U.S. government's budget deficit nearly tripled in July from a year earlier, pushed in part by aftershocks from failed financial institutions.

The Treasury Department on Tuesday said the government ran a monthly deficit of $102.77 billion in July, up 182% from $36.45 billion in July 2007.

online.wsj.com...

...eh?

[edit on 13-8-2008 by mattguy404]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheInformer
Thank you President Bush for the flourishing economy and low deficit.

US budget deficit soars to $US103b

news.theage.com.au...

US budget deficit to reach $440b

www.abc.net.au...

U.S. Budget Deficit Hit $102.77 Billion in July

WASHINGTON -- The U.S. government's budget deficit nearly tripled in July from a year earlier, pushed in part by aftershocks from failed financial institutions.

The Treasury Department on Tuesday said the government ran a monthly deficit of $102.77 billion in July, up 182% from $36.45 billion in July 2007.

online.wsj.com...

...eh?

Hot dog!! I have been waiting for someone to use the classic "deficit spiraling out of control" talking point.

1. Pay Down the Federal Debt
With the advent of surpluses, the United States has begun to make real progress in paying down its debt. During 1998–2000, debt held by the public fell from $3.8 trillion to $3.4 trillion—a $363 billion drop. By the end of this year, more than $200 billion in additional reduction is due to be achieved.

The President's plan will accelerate this trend to record rates by retiring an historic $2 trillion in debt over the next 10 years. Under the President's budget, the national debt will be only seven percent of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in 2011, its lowest share in more than 80 years. (See Chart 1–1.)

Source

Source

There is also a debt to gdp clock on that last source and a lot of good articles to make you think. Nah but I doubt you'll read it.

The thing about listening to what CNN, NBC etc have to say about the economy is they never talk about the gdp. They only tell you how big the deficit is. Why do they always leave the gdp out?

Well it is election season and the other party has to use these fear tactics to discredit their opponent. But you don't believe everything you hear on television do you?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Then how again did he become the most unpopular president in American history ever? Surely you know some things the entire nation doesnt?

Liberating Afghanistan? Last time I checked the Talibans are still in business and control large areas. Afghanistan is also producing a hell lot of heroin since the invasion, I guess you forgot to thank Bush for putting more drugs on the streets?
I suggest you also take a nice holiday to Iraq and see how much life is better since Saddam, I am sure people there will welcome you in open arms, they are so welcoming you would end up on TV with them too!

I suppose you forgot to thank Bush for laughing at the Constitution, for stripping away our freedoms and privacy at home - for contempt to human life, Congress and the american people.
You also forgot to thank Bush for putting the national debt at unseen levels, for causing this economic meltdown and recession.
And finally you forgot to thank him for his wonderful response to Katrina.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cool Hand Luke

Source

Well, I wouldn't have used the White House's own figures to prove a point - that seems a tad biased.

GDP is just one way of measuring a country's economy, and it can be used to prove almost anything a government wants.

GDP doesn't measure the sustainability of growth - growth has obviously been slowing in the US.

If everything was as peachy as the GDP indicates, why on earth is there the stimulus package?

Are you saying that the three separate sources I've used are liberal biased media?

If so, I would imagine that using the White House's own figures are biased as well.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Well, I wouldn't have used the White House's own figures to prove a point - that seems a tad biased.

You are absolutely right. But you have to understand I'm suffering from a little bit of insomnia right now and it's making me a little lazy. The point is is that things aren't as bad as the media makes it out to be.

I don't really blame the media because they are doing there job sensationalizing everything in order get ratings and sell papers.

GDP is just one way of measuring a country's economy, and it can be used to prove almost anything a government wants.

Agreed but it works both ways. Biased media can also sensationalize in either direction to prove their point.

GDP doesn't measure the sustainability of growth - growth has obviously been slowing in the US.

Agreed but not nearly as much as the doom sayers make it out to be

If everything was as peachy as the GDP indicates, why on earth is there the stimulus package?

The reason the government gave that stimulus package was because spending went way down real fast because of the price of oil and the mortgage crisis. It is what it is, just a little shot in the arm that seem to have worked.

Correct me if I'm wrong, the stimulus package was not Bush's idea, I believe it came from congress.

Are you saying that the three separate sources I've used are liberal biased media?

I am saying that all media is biased. Fox leans obviously to the right and CNN, NBC etc tend to lean left.

If so, I would imagine that using the White House's own figures are biased as well.

Agreed if want I will find you some other sources, but right now I'm a zombie.

BTW this was taken at 5:00 AM from here. Can somebody refute these numbers?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I think President Bush deserves absolutely no respect at all. And I even think that most presidents, no matter how bad they are, deserve the minimum possible respect because of the position. But Bush just threw any possible respect away a long time ago.

I think Bush is a terrible president, a terrible American and a terrible human being. I hope his legacy shows him for the scum he is.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
God bless the Corporate Scum of the earth.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Yes, thanks George. Thanks for being on my favourite 'pull my finger' t shirt. Thanks for all the golden moments where you could hardly form a sentence and have given us all a great laugh while we thought "hey, this guy is the most powerful person on the planet..."

But most of all... Thanks for keeping the oil flowing and highly profitable! We could not have done it without having almost 100,000 people killed in bloody violence and having millions of people displaced from Iraq.

Not to mention the 4,000 or so young Americans that have been sacrificed in the process.

But hey, I guess that's where having been an oil boss and having almost everyone on your team coming from an oil background helps.

Some people are Ungrateful to live in Freedom, including the freedom to die on the road, let alone fight and die for someone elses Freedom!

let's see now, US Traffic Fatalities 2003 to 2004 - only 4 Years worth of statistics -

2003 - 38,477 Traffic Fatalities
2004 - 38,444 Traffic Fatalities
2005 - 39,252 Traffic Fatalities
2006 - 38,588 Traffic Fatalities

Total Traffic Fatalities in the United States ..... 154,761 live lost in Vehicular deaths in 4 years.

Now you Tell me... What is worse? War or driving a stupid vehicle!!!

You can review the facts here from the Department of Trasportation:

www-fars.nhtsa.dot.gov...

And yes, I have fought and bled for your and others Freedom.

God Bless the USA...

VDOG.45

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mind is the universe

Appearing intelligence boost conifidence and morale in the people, acting stupid gets the opposite result, something which the presidents of countries all over the world try to do, except the current United States President.

While Bush Jr appears to be intelligent in his early years, he appears stupid later on.

You believe that this act maybe delibrate, I have another theory.

I do not think the stupidity act is delibrate, I believe that there is a possiblility that there may have been brainwashing techniques being used on Bush Jr in order to create a loyal puppet but could have unintentionally damaged his brain in the process.

He's just a damaged puppet now.

my 2 cents.

(on the topic, to everyone)

Thank you, Bush Jr.

Thank you, Hitler.

Thank you, Saddam.

Ignorance is a bliss.

Having trouble swallowing the red pill?

(sarcasm)

[edit on 13-8-2008 by ixiy]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
REPTILIAN BODY SNATCHAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by VDOG.45

Woa, easy there.

No one has fought for my freedom but my fellow Australians.

If an American has to fight for the freedom you're talking of, then I don't want that freedom and I don't want them to fight for it.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ixiy

im with ya on that, he has displayed signs of being something not completely under his own control, in my opinion.

The result is confusion, most of the time, his real mental ability to lie, conflicting with the fact he's being told this to be truthful, yet has to lie about it somehow.

Who knows what level the US government managed to scientifically master manipulating the human brain.

This only leads me to one question, is it the whole family?... or are they in on the 'show'
?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Im happy to see reason win out over pure partisan politics. President bush is the american president. Every american owes their life they live now to Pres Bush for preventing any future terror attacks. God bless McCain for carrying on the tradition of protecting america from all enemies foreign and domestic. I am a christian like our founding fathers and I am proud that McCain also supports rights for the unborn. I mean honestly its on the !$ bill "One nation one god" I just dont think non christians belong here and after all 911 would not ahve happened if we stood strong in the image of our founding fathers who escaped oppression to set up a new country with the freeedom of religion so anybody would be able to be a christian.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
i'm typically not this rude, and you're certainly entitled to your opinion based on your frame of reference, experience, education, and general observational and analytical powers. but to be perfectly honest, my visceral reaction to this was to throw up a little in my mouth.

Absolutely spot on. I cannot believe what was written by the OP. Yes you have your opinion and i have mine. Bush will rot in hell for what he has done. He should be charged for war crimes as well. Everytime he opens his mouth it is just utter lies, with some lies and finally some more lies.

Im off to throw up too.

Unbelievable!

P.S- Im sure i heard somewhere that the CIA was brainwashing Americans, and now i believe it. I really dont normally be rood like this, so appologies if any offence is taken but i stand firm on my opinion of that dictator Bush!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
As a 19 Generation American, a 12th Generation Texan from one of the Alamo Families, a Veteran from a long line of Veterans who considers this to be me and min's country, I could not disagree with the poster and thos e with him/her more. G.W. Bush is a Traitor, a War Criminal, a Betrayer to the Constitution and those of us who believed in him..his father too. I am convinced he was in on the 9-11 attack, is a stooge for the NWO and Rockefeller's CFR. If he were the manager of the local 7-11, he would be fired for mismanagement but this short Conneticut Yankee is president and an greater enemy to the American People and our way of life we have never had.

Frankly, the poster does not have a clue about what they are talking about but I am sure they are another one of these who have benefited. Probably a state or federal employee, or contractor. However, don't feel alone, 28% of the population agrees with you..the 28% we would sure like to line up against a wall and if not a wall, how about simply deport.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mabus325

I have just a little contention with this post...

Thank you for liberating Afghanistan - Afganistan is liberated is it? Hmmm... I think you;ll find you haven't finished the job yet and I'd bet my ass that we wont!

Thank you for standing strong in Iraq, when others wanted to surrender - Surrender or not get involved in an unjust war over oil rights?

Thank you for putting a dictator on trial for war crimes and receiving the final justice he deserves - What about Kim yung Il, Mugabe, and the rest of em?

Thank you for not treating the White House as a brothel - No just a FunHouse

Thank you for putting the fear into Libya so that they gave up they nuclear weapons program - What Nuclear program? Get real!

Thank you for standing up to North Korea - Everyone stood up to North Korea!

Thank you for doing actually something about Al Qaida other than firing missiles that take so long to get there the camps are empty by the time the missiles hit - His Dad and his buddies helped created Al Qaida!

Thank you Mr President for working hard to get the economy going after 9/11 - Er... is this a conspiracy theory site or what?!

Thank you for standing up for tax cuts.

Thank you for trying to make this country energy independent - Oh the US is energy independant is it. Nonsense

Thank you for trying to combat AIDS in Africa - Yeah right

Thank you for trying to give the people who empty our trash and pick our vegetables some dignity, although I disagree with you about Amnesty - American society gives people dignity and how can anyone argue with Amnisty?

Thank you for appointing justices to Supreme Court who believe in the US Constitution.

Thank you for trying to protect us against an enemy who wants to harm us while others would let it happen for political reasons - Once again I thought this was a conspiracy theory site!?

Thank you for standing up for the unborn - Dont get me started on this one!

Thank you for resisting the pseudo science of global warming - ...or this one!

Thank you for your humility in office Mr President - That's not humility on his face it's the purest form of ignorace

Thank you for your love of country and the love of the men and women who protect this country - Amen to that

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Thank you for showing the world that, no matter how ridiculously insane you or your views are, there will always be a way to deceive a minority into thinking you're a hero.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join