It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If it's really Bigfoot ...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I see that Cryptomundo has a press release stating that a Bigfoot body, with DNA and other evidence, will be presented to California - and presumably the world - this Friday. I also see that there is already a thread about it here on ATS.

My question is, if it really is Bigfoot, and they prove it's Bigfoot, what do you think it will mean for the rest of the subjects that are not taken seriously by the MSM and scientific communities? Obviously it should cause the Skunk Ape, Yeti, and other Bigfoot-like creatures to be re-evaluated, but what, if anything, do you think it will mean for UFOlogy, lake monsters, chupacabra, ghosts, etc.?

Do you think people will say "Well, Bigfoot is real. We were wrong all this time. I guess some of these other things are real, too."

Or do you think people will say "Now see there - a real physical body. Real evidence. That's what we needed. When you come up with a real live (or dead) alien, or a real chupacabra and not a mangy coyote, we'll believe in them too."

I hope that I'm wrong, but I predict that we will see both types of responses, and that other than a few people shifting from the skeptical camp to the not-so-skeptical but not quite a believer camp, it will not have much effect overall.

What do you think?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

who. or what is cryptomundo??? is there any real news agencies covering this??? I mean.. my god.. this would be a huge find... it screams hoax to me..

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I know where you are coming from with this new thread but I also believe that this topic could possibly be part of this one here.

No disrespect to you for the above mentioned but to answer your query, UFO is a bigger deal than Bigfoot is, so it may not change a thing. As for the other myths, Chupacabra...etc, that is debatable.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Sorry, I guess I shouldn't have assumed that everyone here would know. Cryptomundo.com is a website, and you will find a link to the story posted in the thread that was linked to in TheEnlightenedOne's post. Or just type www.cryptomundo.com into your browser.

And TEO, I understand where you are coming from, BUT .. I think that over there they will be debating whether or not this is real and what will really happen on Friday, right up until Friday and maybe after.

I am asking a theoretical question, asking for predictions if you will, of what effect this will have on other paranormal and cryptozoological studies based on an assumption that it IS real. If it is not real on Friday, well, hopefully we'll have had some fun discussing the possibilities. If it IS real, then we will be able to compare our predictions and thoughts to the reality after the evidence is presented.

With all respect, I think they are two different topics.

Heike

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

I was being sarcastic.. sorry.. I know what cryptomundo is.. but the rest of the world doesnt.. that is my point.. I cant find anything about this anywhere else.. if this was a true event... top news agencies all over the world would be all over this.. like flies on you know what..

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heike
I see that Cryptomundo has a press release stating that a Bigfoot body, with DNA and other evidence, will be presented to California - and presumably the world - this Friday. I also see that there is already a thread about it here on ATS.

My question is, if it really is Bigfoot, and they prove it's Bigfoot, what do you think it will mean for the rest of the subjects that are not taken seriously by the MSM and scientific communities? Obviously it should cause the Skunk Ape, Yeti, and other Bigfoot-like creatures to be re-evaluated, but what, if anything, do you think it will mean for UFOlogy, lake monsters, chupacabra, ghosts, etc.?

Do you think people will say "Well, Bigfoot is real. We were wrong all this time. I guess some of these other things are real, too."

Or do you think people will say "Now see there - a real physical body. Real evidence. That's what we needed. When you come up with a real live (or dead) alien, or a real chupacabra and not a mangy coyote, we'll believe in them too."

I hope that I'm wrong, but I predict that we will see both types of responses, and that other than a few people shifting from the skeptical camp to the not-so-skeptical but not quite a believer camp, it will not have much effect overall.

What do you think?

I can -assure- you that it is complete rubbish.

If you don't believe me Friday is only a few days away.

Smells like a publicity stunt.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Here are some clear pictures, as well as some further information regarding the DNA results.

Breaking news from Cryptomundo.

www.cryptomundo.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I think from now on I'm going to be more tolerant of other OP's who get a bit frustrated sometimes trying to keep their thread on track.

Ok, if you want to give your opinion about whether or not this is real, or what is going to happen on Friday, or speculation about it being a gorilla or whatever, please go to the OTHER THREAD.

In this thread the hypothesis and assumption is that this is a real bigfoot, a semi-human primate, and we are discussing what effect the proof of its reality will have on cryptozoology, and/or the paranormal, and/or ufology.

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Tom Biscardi will be on Fox News Channel at 10:45 a.m. EST on Wednesday, August 13 to discuss this.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Finally some real Big Foot treats! Personally I vote hoax as I always do (Oh the life of a sceptic! ^^), but I have to say, these guys have run this PR train to the level where they almost can't afford anymore, to have a hoax on their hands...

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Heike

It will mean nothing to any other subject. Rational appraisal of subjects does not change because one hitherto-unthinkable creature has been found. The rigors of logic and evidence are not thrown away.

But that won't happen, as this is a hoax, either intentional or unintentional.

There were no primates in North America before homo sapiens turned up. Simple as. The notion that massive groups (which would be needed to sustain a species for as long as bigfoot would have to have lived) could survive in North America without leaving any evidence what-so-ever, including scat, is quite frankly retarded.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I'm not sure if you have noticed but the Cryptomundo website says the news conference is on Friday April 15th!

If it were real it would be within their interests to let international scientists has access to the body and they would tell as many news organisations as possible. They would also gain credit this way.

There is not doubt in my mind that this is a hoax and there is no point talking about this scam until April 15th!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

August 15th. Just a couple of days.

This has nothing to do with your post, but skeptics in general...

Skeptics... Why are you all so jaded? It must be in your DNA. I have studied the paranormal for 25 years and for the most part debunked all looney toonies, but there are cases when its the real deal.

Arm chair quarterbacks... Get some guts and get out there to determine yourselves. Sad lazy creatures.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by Tapped In]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
If they produce a real body, and if it is verified by reputable scientists to be something other than human, yet walks on two legs, then I make the following prediction:

THEY WILL STILL SAY IT IS A HOAX. It's not that they CAN'T believe, it's that they WON'T believe.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
As a bigfoot skeptic, the pictures look awfully like a gorilla carcass. But I would like to see what the DNA results will say.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Tapped In

It's called "being logical". You are more than welcome to believe in anything and everything anyone can imagine - please go right ahead.

Unfortunately the world doesn't work like that. Science in particular demands actual evidence before a hypothesis becomes a theory. So far even the most frothing-at-the-mouth Bigfoot believers can't even muster that.

It's not up to sceptics (read: science) to disprove bigfoot, as that's impossible. It's up to those who believe (read: YOU) to show the evidence.

You can't pass the buck on this one - "put up or shut up" as they say.

Give me the evidence - show me the DNA is that of a previously-unknown ape, and I'll be your strongest supporter. That's all I ask. I'm not going to start believing in things because I'm called names. You can if you want, but I (and logic) don't work that way.

And as for your "real deal" paranormal cases, do you have actual scientific evidence? If you answer "no", you've just proved my point.

[edit on 13/8/08 by dave420]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I'd say there will be hunters all over the world going out to catch the" BIG ONE " ( BigFoot ). People will see a bearded hunter in the woods and bullets will start flying and mass killings will take place deep in the woods. I can hear it now. " I sah' em thair in the woods and he looked like the hairy Big Foot pictair I sah' so I shought em', but win I got closer I knew I had messed up and shought a real human".

If it were true, I hope that somehow we can stop hunters from making them extinct, but hunters will do what they like to do and that's hunt. I imagine BigFoot would go for some big dollars.

This would be just one legend out of many to come true and for me and I don't know about the rest of the world, it would not change the way I think of Lochness, ghosts etc... It would make me think about all the other territories that this species would be.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by Tapped In

It's called "being logical". You are more than welcome to believe in anything and everything anyone can imagine - please go right ahead.

Unfortunately the world doesn't work like that. Science in particular demands actual evidence before a hypothesis becomes a theory. So far even the most frothing-at-the-mouth Bigfoot believers can't even muster that.

It's not up to sceptics (read: science) to disprove bigfoot, as that's impossible. It's up to those who believe (read: YOU) to show the evidence.

You can't pass the buck on this one - "put up or shut up" as they say.

Give me the evidence - show me the DNA is that of a previously-unknown ape, and I'll be your strongest supporter. That's all I ask. I'm not going to start believing in things because I'm called names. You can if you want, but I (and logic) don't work that way.

And as for your "real deal" paranormal cases, do you have actual scientific evidence? If you answer "no", you've just proved my point.

[edit on 13/8/08 by dave420]

Yes, Dave420 I agree with you on this one.

The issue here is that there is a CLAIM of a real bigfoot corpse. This is why people are asking for evidence for CONFIRMATION.

If it is real those that found it should not hesityate in anyway whatsoever to produce a hair and blood sample.

If they don't do that then it is fake and we can all go home.

I don't see why anybody asking for real evidence should be branded as a 'skeptic' and shunned away.

BRING US THE EVIDENCE OF BIGFOOT SO WE CAN BELIEVE FOR GOD SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I believe in God, Angels, Djinn\Demons, Black Magic so I wouldn't call myself a 'skeptic'.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

Just out of curiosity - why do you believe in those things when there is as much evidence for them as for this current claim of bigfoot? I'm not having a go - I'm genuinely interested.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I just saw this on my local msm station. Which is the actual area the Press Conference will be held.

They are going to report on it again after the pc...they say.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join