It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kuwait Goes On 'War Alert' As Massive US Armada Heads For Iran

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Is anyone fed up with all this war I mean who wins! thank god we have the USA because without them we would all be talking bloody Russian

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Shrukin89

To answer your question, 3,5 trillion dollars today is the amount of debt for the iraq war alone...

US today has close to 10 trillion dollars in debt just for the government, 44 trillion on consumer debt, to get it into perspective, is not enough money in the world.. and there never will be...

u gotta see this movie...

video.google.com...

Its all about money and power, it always is, and in this case it includes oil which is true ultimate power today. The need for energy...

www.youtube.com...

A brilliant man, 60 well spent minutes.

Best Regards

Sigurd Mellqvist

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
RELATED NEWS UPDATE: Russia Orders Destruction of US Naval Armada In Persian Gulf

It appears this situation is a power/land grab by Russia. The destruction of US used Oil Pipelines, and the enforcement of Russian power in the region.

Georgia was poised to be accepted into NATO. According to NATO if one member is attacked all other members retaliate.

This news is not good....
Bush: Russian response to Georgia 'disproportionate'
Cheney: Russia's invasion of Georgia 'must not go unanswered'
the US is "saber-rattling" with Russia now?!

Call me an alarmist if you will, but doesn’t it seem like the world is walking on eggs?

There IS tension in the air.

[edit on (8/11/08) by AllSeeingI]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Georgia had already been rejected by NATO. They launched an attack anyways, and shelled thousands of civilians killing many.

The source is a sensationalist website that is at least 99.9% confirmed over-dramatization. No Russia is not going to attack the Persian Gulf fleet, it just makes no sense.

Lets try to keep the fantasy sensationalism out of it. Yes Russia is attempting to cutoff the pipeline, but now they are not going to attack the Persian Gulf Fleet.

Bush and Cheyney are saying whateve rthey want sicne they effectively only have apprx. 3½ months of executive order left. I just hope they do not ruin our Christmas and Thanksgiving. I can live with a bad Halloween, but dont screw up our Winter holidays please.

[edit on 8/11/2008 by DYepes]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Why would Russia attack the US fleet? Makes no sense to do so as doing so would most assuredly start WWIII. As for Iran cutting off the straights of Hormuz, they don't have to the Chinese can do it as they have a naval base close by.

Israel has already threatened to cut the pipeline if need be. Turkey is not on the best of terms with the US currently. The US accused them of genocide and we all know how much a country likes to be accused of genocide. So don't expect too much help from Turkey.

Should the US attack Iran, it will be the last attack it ever does as Russia has stated they will defend Iran and so have the Chinese. We can't fight them both and win let alone if any of the other Middle Eastern countries join in.

I guess the real question is; is BushCo dumb enough to push it that far or is that the real reason he bought property in Paraguay?

No need for fear mongering or worrying unless Russia moves south.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Dead flag blues you know I love you. But this is some serious junk going down right now. Serious junk.]reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Just to make sure that part of the world doesn't accidentally break
out into Peace, Dubya should send Condo over Immediately.
Nothing gets them more agitated than Condo sitting at the Table
trying to smooth them over the Situ.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Keep blamming George Bush and you too will come to realize that once we stop policing the planet... we are doomed. Much like the fall of Rome, people will not leave you alone just because you choose to leave them alone. There has been over 2000 documented wars and you can't blame Bush for those. When we left the Arabs alone when Clinton was in office, they did nothing but try to kill us by developing new weapons and attacking the U.S.S. Cole, the U.S. Embassy in Africa, and they hit the towers twice before finally taking them down. It's not about Bush... they hate westerner's period and they hated us long before Bush took office and they will continue to hate us no matter who becomes president in this country. Check your history because those who fail to do so are doomed to repeat it. Go back to when Rome ruled Egypt and then see how the Arabs were treating everyone 2000 years ago. They were animals then and they are animals now... leave them alone and you too can become occupied, raped, beaten, be-headed and tortured for your beliefs. Sorry to see another misguided and mis-informed ATS member blamming Bush for the actions of animals that can't conform and or leave people alone. You got it all wrong and as a direct result, you bash this country instead of defending it and sticking up for it and that in its self is destroying our freedom by allowing others to take it away. Good luck in re-educating yourself to the facts and the truth because until that time, your statements will prove childish. Protect your country at all costs because there is no freedom like it in the entire world.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
China and Russia, will not risk a war with the US over Iran, they just wont> Same happened with Iraq, they'll just condemn them as the US is doing with Georgia now...

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by theblunttruth

Im not so sure about that. Iran is producing nuclear energy. That is no small change for the surrounding countries who are in need of what Iran now has to offer.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

I totally see that. It is very, very serious, but in all actuality, it's a local conflict and will stay a local conflict until they twist Georgia's arm enough to get them to say "Enough!" Even if NATO with the help of the United States wanted to make a move here, there is no way in hell "we" are prepared for such a ballsy undertaking.

Our military might is spread thin from the current mess we're involved with in the middle east.

The approval rating for the president, senate, and congress is at an all time low.

Our dollar is also at it's lowest point in 80 years.

80+% of Americans do not believe in the wars abroad.

There is no way we're moving, even if they wanted us to. Russia will be in and out and that will be that. Unless they're going to "occupy and stabilize" Georgia after the initial beatdown, but I think what we're seeing is an example of Russia's own brand of big stick diplomacy.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The walking on corpses diplomacy. Don't you just love it. All they need to do now is break out the white phosphorous. Funny how people go silent when I bring that up. I'm popeye, and I approve this message.

[edit on 8/11/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I was wondering if Russia is willing to trade Georgia for Iran. I doubt it. Each side wants total dominance. There can be no doubt that the US is 'reaching' here. Even a war-by-proxy won't do.

And what of the people? They are the one's suffering the consequences of this little play at 'let's relive (or revive) the cold war - it's profitable.'

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Sources of armada headed to iran story can be found at this link: [link removed]

www.abovetopsecret.com...
4) Advertising: You will not advertise or promote other discussion boards, chat systems, online communities or other websites on ATS within posts, private messages, avatars or signatures without prior written permission from The Above Network, LLC. You will not choose a username that is the same as website domain, subdomain, or URL for which you are associated. Doing so may result in removal of your post(s) and immediate termination of your account depending on the severity of the material.

[edit on 12-8-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Kuwait goes on war alert? They couldn't fight there way out of paper bag. That's what got us over there in the first place. What are they going to do? Throw shiek valuables at people? "Everyone goes around blamming Bush".
We don't like him. How's that. And he smells funny.

[edit on 8/11/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I would add that if you want to manipulate the price of oil just threaten to attack Iran and voila oil price skyrockets. Knowing when the price is going to skyrocket is helpful when speculating.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
So do we know when this fleet will arrive in the Gulf?

Do we know for a fact it is actually heading for the Gulf?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Bad News! Georgia Says Russia Still Bombing Despite "Halt"
Looks like this thing is far from over.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Ok Great the French and Kuwait, this should be fun.

Let's see who drops their weapons first and surrenders

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
i dont get it, how come i can not find this on the news? i have not seen it on cnn or fox. how come they are not covering this more?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join