It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kuwait Goes On 'War Alert' As Massive US Armada Heads For Iran

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
Is it way bigger?

How much land after Georgia is TKO'd does Russia have to march through to physically link up actual troops with the Iranians?

Armenia? Lol that would make the Iranians happy and be a pit stop for the Russians

Russia will not get involved. I suspect the best the Russians will be able to do is supply the Iranians with weapons, training, etc. Russia knows they cannot afford going to war with the US, much like the US was not willing to go to war with Russia over Georgia. As the Ret. USAF general stated in the video posted in another thread, the Russians know they cannot compete in any conventional military capacity with the US. Russia's war doctrine with the US would be tactical nuclear strikes on US forward deployed positions.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Well the Iranians are taking these rumors relatively seriously:

Najjar comments follow reports about an armada of US naval battle groups heading toward the Persian Gulf with the aim of reinforcing US strike forces in the region.

On Monday, DEBKAfiles, a source close to Israeli intelligence agency, reported that the USS Theodore Roosevelt, the USS Ronald Reagan, and the USS Iwo Jima are sailing toward the Persian Gulf accompanied by a British Royal Navy carrier battle group and a French nuclear hunter-killer submarine.

The deployment is believed to be the largest naval task force assembled by the United States and its allies in the region since the 1991 Persian Gulf war.

www.presstv.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
i dont get it, how come i can not find this on the news? i have not seen it on cnn or fox. how come they are not covering this more?

Because it's not news till it's NEWS. The MSM will stay away from deductions, logical or otherwise.

Make no mistake though Iran and Russia know what's coming.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americantrucker
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
They've got airbases coming out of the ass (Bagram, Taqqadum, Incirlik).. they've got Turkey, Qatar, UAE, Saudi Arabia;

All of which are sovereign nations. A mans home is his castle. They can tell the U.S. they can't use their airspace for whatever reason they feel like giving at any time they feel like doing so. They may be U.S. allies, but that doesn't mean that that's an automatic O.K. for flying in their airspace. The open sea is controled by no nation and is the most open way to most countries without others agreeing with it.

There's a reason we've all heard that saying "When there's a crisis somewhere in the world, the first question the president asks is "Where are the carriers?"

...there haven't been that many US battleships put to sea since Normandy to my knowledge.

Not to my knowledge either. (Probably because most were decommissioned soon after WWII.)

All but five were decommisioned in 1946/47. The U.S.S. Mississippi was decommisioned in 1956. Since then only four have been used in the active fleet. (U.S.S. Iowa ((8/25/51-2/24/58 4/28/84-10/26/90)), U.S.S. New Jersey (11/21/50-8/21/57 4/6/68-12/17/69 12/28/82-2/8/91), U.S.S. Missouri (5/10/86-3/31/92), and U.S.S. Wisconsin (3/3/51-3/8/58 10/22/88-9/30/91).
To my knowledge, today there is only one battleship left in the entire fleet. (The U.S.S. Iowa is the only one (held in the reserve fleet) that hasn't been turned into a museum or sold for scrap.

I may be wrong on that. (like I said, all I have to go on is what I see.) If I am, please let me know.

www.chinfo.navy.mil...

Lol it makes me laugh every time i see the news or someone refer to Cruisers and Destroyers as Battleships.. Hehe.. Maybe they are technicaly speaking but in reality they are not "BATTLESHIPS" ..

And USS Iowa has been in mothballs for quite a few years.

Now.. To another point that The Godfather of Conspira made about a lot of Destroyers being present. I have to point out that the Numbers of destroyers present in the deployment would indicate that indeed the ships will be entering the straights. Why?

Because destroyers have a capability of destroying inbound antiship missiles.
Arleigh Burke class destroyer (What we have now) 36 total built
Armament
• 90 cells Mk 41 vertical launch systems
• BGM-109 Tomahawk
• RGM-84 Harpoon SSM (not in Flight IIa units)
• SM-2 Standard SAM (has an ASuW mode)
•SM-3 Standard Ballistic missile defence missile for AEGIS BMD (DDG-61, some others)
• RIM-162 ESSM SAM (DDG-79 onward)
• RUM-139 Vertical Launch ASROC
• one 5 inch (127 mm/54) Mk-45 (lightweight gun) (DDG-51 through -80)
• one 5 inch (127 mm/62) Mk-45 mod 4 (lightweight gun) (DDG-81 on)
• two 20 mm Phalanx CIWS (DDG-51 through -83, several later units)
• two Mark 32 triple torpedo tubes (six Mk-46 or Mk-50 torpedoes, Mk-54 in the near future)

Go here for capabilities
en.wikipedia.org...

In as hostile environment that the gulf would be in the time of war.. you would want as many screening destroyers as you could get. Better one of your destroyers were to take a hit then a aircraft carrier.

I personally would not be surprised one bit if the balloon went up in that area sometime this month. For the last few months i have repeatedly seen mentioned the month of August as a likely time for some sort of military action.

Anyone hear anything about any media people diapering? IE being called up for being embedded with the troops?

I hope i am wrong but i see this turning nasty soon.......History itself tells me that.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
someone was asking why so many destroyers . . .

Destroyers are your main anti submarine boat. Russia loves their subs. We know that if the SHTF, Russia is using subs.

Not that hard to figure out, really

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I don't think anything will happen so fast. 1stly the ships must reach there and then they will sit around for a while and practise manuevours.

We have been hearing news about ships and carriers of USN heading to the gulf for months now if not years...nothing has happened till now, and i think it will be the same this time too.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
News Update: US: No plan for naval blockade of Iran

"As a matter of policy we do not discuss current or future ship's movements. However, I can tell you that reports of an alleged naval blockade of Iran are false,"

"We routinely rotate deployed naval forces in the USCENTCOM area of responsibility,"

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I do not believe that is what is going no here, and I am sure the Carrier groups are simply rotating once more.

It has been some time hasnt it?

So this was the correct assertion, I figured as much.

So, what are the next alarmist theory about this now that Naval Blockade is out of the picture?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I haven't read the thread, so I apologise if this has already been mentioned, but HMS Ark Royal is currently in Portsmouth undergoing a siz week preperation before an Exercise off Scotland in late Sept/Early Oct, so it isn't headed to the Gulf.

As it is our only operational carrier, I can conclusively say we are not going to be involved in this one, bar any ships currently in the Gulf which probably amount to a couple of frigates.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Am I wrong to still not understand the justification for the hostility with Iran? I honestly don't believe the US will engage with Iran in an armed conflict because it would be so a monumentally stupid move that it would rock this already unstable country down to it's core. However, at this point I don't understand why we would even blockade Iran.

What exactly did Iran do to the US to instigate all of this? Apparently they're training "terrorists" or funding "terrorists" or I don't know I just hear the word "terrorist" a lot when it comes to Iran. But I haven't been presented with any hard evidence. Do we want to attack them because they're brown and their god has a different name than ours? Is the retarded child in office trying to settle his father's scores? I honestly just don't get it. Someone explain to me why we are getting involved with Iran. Not that America seems to need any real justification for war anymore but I think it would be nice to at least have a pretense.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx
someone was asking why so many destroyers . . .

Destroyers are your main anti submarine boat. Russia loves their subs. We know that if the SHTF, Russia is using subs.

In the RN, the Destroyers serve as AA platforms. It's the Frigates that serve as the ASW platforms.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

It's modern day crusade, though here, eliminating a competing religion is just a bonus, I think that the nature of this crusade is control and money. Nations are not lead by for and of the people anymore, they are manufactured by companies and maintained as such.
But your question is more than valid. There has been no evidence presented at any time. Just like Iran our own governments and MSM have been using verbal rethoric and spin as a means of winning our alligence. People have a tendency to be patriotic and non-critical when it comes to their nation vs. others. Our own nation wouldn't do anything to hurt us would it?!

[edit on 17/8/08 by flice]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join