It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's 08.08.08 - and the world didn't end

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Okay. It's the 8th of August 2008 today.

Many ATS posters made prophecies about this day as the start of World War III/End Of The World/Alien Invasion/etc.

Well, it looks like that the world didn't end today, nor the 3rd World War started.

So, I am asking you, my dear prophets - especially the ones who have marked 08.08.08 as the day of Doom.

What do you have to say about this now?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
the day isnt over yet but thats doesnt mean I believe or disbelieve what people are saying....most of these prophets are usually new members....thats what I look for first and take it with a pinch of salt...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Well, Iam playing devils advocate here but (about WW3) - just have a closer look at the "Breaking News Section" - I am not saying it is the start of WW3 - but it can be.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Hmmm, If I said that WW3 or the end of the world would be on 08/08/08 I would be pretty ashamed right about now

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Well Russia was threatened by Israel earlier today regarding the S-300s possibly being sold to Iran. Meanwhile the events in Georgia lead to an invasion by some Russian tank units today. Leading to Georgia asking for foreign intervention against Russia today. Still quite a while to go and plenty of time for any terrorist attempts on Olympic Game Targets. There is definitely potential for a greater escalation in the Russia - Georgia/Israel - Iran field.

I doubt though that it is going to go uber fast or overnight into the realms of doom, though there is enough to kick off a larger or more widespread conflict.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Marshall Ormus

I have to agree with the above poster, there a long way to go till today is over and if the prophecies are correct they just said the start of ww3 and it could very well be that if the russia/georgia situation escalates and brings the us into the conflict.

lets just hope they are wrong and history shows that every prophecy so far has been!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by absente
Well, Iam playing devils advocate here but (about WW3) - just have a closer look at the "Breaking News Section" - I am not saying it is the start of WW3 - but it can be.

Lets all hope not,I think I heard that there are still some US troops in Georgia. Could end up being another war by proxy. Europe would be very worried as russia could shut of fuel, so can't see the EU wanting to get involved.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marshall Ormus
Well Russia was threatened by Israel earlier today regarding the S-300s possibly being sold to Iran. Meanwhile the events in Georgia lead to an invasion by some Russian tank units today. Leading to Georgia asking for foreign intervention against Russia today. Still quite a while to go and plenty of time for any terrorist attempts on Olympic Game Targets. There is definitely potential for a greater escalation in the Russia - Georgia/Israel - Iran field.

I doubt though that it is going to go uber fast or overnight into the realms of doom, though there is enough to kick off a larger or more widespread conflict.

There will be no war. There are forces at work larger than you and I and they will prevent it. We are entering new time - time without wars and sufferings.

There won't be any war.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

Although I applaud your optimism, I'm kind of hard pressed to see how a war can be avoided now with all of the casualties on both sides within a 24 hour window. There is bad blood between the two sides and has been for a very long time.

I hope you are right but as far as I can see it is looking to get out of hand and fast. Along with Israel throwing threats out towards the Russians I fear that the plotting of the U.S. intelligence services may have gotten us into something yet again.

*Edit to add: Please elaborate on your 'higher power' individuals that will prevent this.

Are you speaking of 'God' or aliens or our own government? Or a shadow government?

I'm asking out of all seriosness not to slam you.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by dariousg]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Well... don't stop panicking just yet. They haven't started the sucker up yet:

CERN Announces Start Date for Hadron Collider
First circulating beam on September 10, 2008,
at the injection energy of 450 GeV (0.45 TeV).

August 7, 2008 Geneva, Switzerland - CERN announced today that the first attempt to circulate a beam in the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) will be September 10, 2008. TV coverage of the start-up will be made available through a Eurovision webcast.

CERN Press Release: “The LHC is the world’s most powerful particle accelerator, producing beams seven times more energetic than any previous machine, and around 30 times more intense when it reaches design performance, probably by 2010. Housed in a 17-mile-long (27 kilometers) tunnel, it relies on technologies that would not have been possible 30 years ago. The LHC is, in a sense, its own prototype.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
but a war did start on 8-8-8,
russia Vs. Georgia

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
world didn't end, but the new ATS site seems to be down. Still a tragedy!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder

Originally posted by Marshall Ormus

There will be no war. There are forces at work larger than you and I and they will prevent it. We are entering new time - time without wars and sufferings.

There won't be any war.

I really really want this to be true. My faith in such an occurance is waivering, I am ashamed to admit.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
European news reports US, Israeli and Georgian forces did a sneak attack on regular Russian troops. The mobilization of Russian forces is in retaliation of this attack. So... US and Israel attack Russia. Sounds like the start of a WWIII to me. CNN and others are totally obfuscating this story, btw.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The U.S. already has people on the way to Georgia to work for a "diplomatic" resolution. What do you suppose happens when one of these diplomats is killed?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
When I got up today my water pressure was fubared

That's pretty apocalyptic at least for me..

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
There are two more dates : 8/17/08 and 8/26/08. 8 +1+7+08=888.
8+2+6+08=888. Watch out for these dates!

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
It won't be long before the 09.09.09 theorists get to work.
It's 666 upside down don't you know.
Followed by.. War, end of the world, impending doom etc

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by meatballxl5
It won't be long before the 09.09.09 theorists get to work.
It's 666 upside down don't you know.
Followed by.. War, end of the world, impending doom etc

i agree, don't these people ever get tired of being so fatalistic? no wonder they don't get invited out into the real world and continue to hunker down in their morbid mind bunkers. hey, when the world ends, i'm going to go outside, raise my arms to the sky, and yell "bring it on"....i mean what other choice is anybody going to have... these people are just getting on my nerves and they need to get out and do something positve for a change.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join