It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nas - We're Not Alone

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by DirtyPete

I hope he's worth the download...

IRM

Immortal Technique encourages you to do so. He said that he is not a thief and says to burn his music, but he says if you burn his music play it in front of all the conservatives.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
he just seems like a hack from Immortal Technique. His just changed his tune and wants to go a new approach, cats been spitting this stuff for years now.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Nice, here is a link to a good list of conscious hiphop tracks...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

adding 3 from it in here

Alien Nation - Beneath the surface
Atma & Jahn the baptist - Out of body experiences
Atma - Halls of Amenti

Starred and flagged.

~Expand your consciousness~

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Good thread, Im pretty peeved because i was going to make a thread about this also. This album is 'a must listen' even if you hate hip hop. I feel Nas is well connected to ancient truths, and spiritualism more than we would think. He has been talking about alot of topics through every album, and it even goes to the extent of album covers and track titles.

Not sure what to do with my thread now. I was going to do it about Nas and eminem, becuase there are few songs he has done that tie in perfectly with 2012 and other things on that genre. But there is deffiantly something happening with music lately. Artists from the UK such a Sam Sparrow with tracks black and gold and 21st century life are interesting. A band called the TingTings have done a video with lots of symbolism to do with the trinity etc. Thats worth a look also. Good thread. Peace

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Its nice to see that some people out there still have no clue about what being able to view something from someone elses perspective really means.

RRconservative, Im putting this on your shoulders right now, intolerant, judgemental people like you are what prevent the entire world from evolving further.

Take a second and think from someone elses point of view. Picture what the world looks like through their eyes. Literally, picture what it would be like to look around through their eyes. This is the first step.

When you can honestly picture the world through someone elses eyes you have reached a level most on earth never do. This is why I put this on you RR. Your blatant display of ignorance to social choices and opinions smears a huge portion of the population and prevents them from ever being able to do this simple task, of putting yourself in someone elses shoes.

I hope that if you have a child you raise him to be tolerant and respectful, very opposite from what you've shown.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Some other tunes with alternative messages.

Phoenix orion

Phoenix Orion - 7 Levels of Consciousness

Alien Nation - Earth Defenders

Phoenix Orion - Wireless Control

ALINK
to Alien nation radio page on utube.

[edit on 6/8/08 by blupblup]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by magnetik

Fortunately, Hip Hop does not hold the monopoly on messages of substance. All of the following cover different genres and all have a message we should all hear.

Observe:

Land of Confusion by Disturbed (originally by Genesis)

Revolution by Dennis Brown

Fortress Europe by Asian Dub Foundation

Harrowdown Hill by Thom Yorke

Mass Destruction by Faithless

So don't fret... hip hop is not alone.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kawz1

Don't forget about the best rapper from this side of the globe, Tech N9ne! He gets into any subject matter....religion, ufos, space, politics, etc.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Yes, lets lump all rappers into the same group, because i mean there all the same right....Just some lazy black guys who dont want to do real work, right?

Because this is the feeling im getting from you on this subject, that your either highly biased, or do not have any valid knowledge about the genre. If you did, you would know NAS is one of the few rappers who accelerate the curve, he has been doing his own style since he started.

IMHO i think its great to see celebrities coming out with stuff like this, in all reality this might actually hurt some of his support from main stream rap fans.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Thanks OP for bringing this to our attention! While i'm not such a huge hip hop fan, i think Nas is cool, and this last album of his that i just listened to has a good message and good music.

It will spread the word and spread awareness. To people like my boyfriend who doesn't wanna hear about conspiracies, but thinks hip hop is cool.

I'll star and flag you now!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kawz1

You forgot to mention ESHAM!!! The greatest.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
You know, me been 42 later this year I'm kinda stuck in the 80's and 90's music wise, and I couldn't if asked, be able to give you names of people who have done hip hop over the last 20 yrs, I would have guessed and maybe hit a few right answers.

One thing I do know is that I like music and if my ears like it then it is good music to me, never heard of Nas before but I did like that song and the lyrics just go to further add to the ever rising increase in ufo's, aliens other lifeforms etc being discussed in one form or another around the world today.

Just gonna go tubing now to find some more Nas

Wolfie

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I agree with most of you, true hip-hop is soically aware and on the cutting edge, sadly mainstream rap has dirtied the image of true hip-hop music.

I think this song says alot about why your not seeing true hip-hop in the mainstream "Dumb It Down" by Lupe Fiasco

Also wanted to add Nas in front of Fox studios to deliver petitions to Bill O'Reily
Nas Protest at Fox Studios

[edit on 6-8-2008 by whoreallyknows]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
well nas, is really known for speaking the truth. So i dont know what to really think of this, but its weird how he would come out of the blue and jus rhyme about sumthing like this, when usually he iz alwayz rhyming about like life and watz going on in america, nuthing really like this. But good thread though

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Well the song that NAS is doing has nuthing to with race but because he hails from a genre that is and has been catagorized by race people will not hear the message. Yes he mentions somthing about race but the song topic is far and above all that. NAS has just become the first official artist of the new generation! FTNWO!
BTW my keyword to enter this post was illuminati

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
the artist K-OS has some great lyrics as well, very spiritual 'higher being" themed. very catchy music too!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
hmm Chris De Burgh had a nicer song :-)

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
A couple of pretty hard hitting tunes.
Immortal technique

Immortal Technique - The Third World

Immortal Technique 4th Branch

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kawz1

You should also check out Canibus's last album, he touches with the 2012 idea quite a bit, and also a lot about conspiracies, and other world visitors.

its call For Whom The Beat Tolls.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well I haven't seen many hiphop artists in the news everyday with their controversial views and lifestyle ..

*PARENTAL ADVISOR* Mature Topics/Material.

My favorite artist Tupac was the most revolutionary (and in the direct position to BE Revolutionary) with his mothers past and his family legacy.

He was a sharp kid, wish I could have been his friend.

.. if you care... thats when you get killed....

He literally was ... the realest kid, ever.

in my opinion they (the hiphop community) didn't know what they had until he was gone, now some people are waking up but have no idea what they're doing.. he had his head on his shoulders, had the ability but no one to help him, quite sad indeed.

We need people to speak out, we need our public figures to speak out and provide a voice for us, seems whenever we get one or even close to one, chaos ensues and the powers that be create such a sh*t storm that not only is everyone thrown off direction, killed, imprisoned or manipulated but innocent people are thrown in and mixed in among the sh*t (a good example was the east/west coast "feud".)

EDIT:

Although I'm not quite aware of any references to aliens or UFOs by Tupac,... I simply think maybe the reason was that it wasn't at all the hype back then.

[edit on 8/6/2008 by PuRe EnErGy]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join