It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nas - We're Not Alone

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
There is a song on Nas' latest album called "We're Not Alone". He speaks on several subjects in the song, one of which is UFO's. Here are a couple of excerpts:

I'ma tell you what I seen with my three eyes
Word to me, not a hoax back in '99
A spacecraft in the skyline
In L.A. in daytime...

Evidence remains in debate
Documents of our own Air Force base
Additional terrestrial information
Other planets with life population, my observation
Scientists study pictures of a flying disk
Right on earth anthropologists are finding #
Visitors probably live with us, they can mimic us
It's sort of what we're seeing in the cinemas

Obviously this is nothing ground breaking, especially to my fellow ATSers, but I feel like it is a good sign that he came out and said what he believed. So many artists in the mainstream (especially rappers) give the same ol' song and dance, shuck and jive, get paid for 15 minutes and are never seen again. Nas is definitely not one of these people as he's been putting out quality music for over 15 years.

Anyways, check out the new album (Untitled), especially tracks like "America" and "Sly Fox" and "Black President", as these will probably appeal to many of you on ATS. You can check out the song "We're Not Alone" in the youtube link below.

Nas - We're Not Alone

*edit: youtube phail

[edit on 5-8-2008 by kawz1]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
yh i've been listening to this album constantly and think (for hip hop of today) it is a modern day classic!!
i am a very big fan of esco, and to hear him make this song is great thing and felt it was a triumph!!
you hear underground rappers talking about these type of things all the time but to hear a mainstream well respected artist like nas address this issue is a great thing for music!!!
also to hear his testimony of the u.f.o. he sighted felt relieving to me personally. as i wondered whether the hip hop community took this subject seriously!!

listen to this album you guys, nas is one of a few rappers left who talks about media fabrication and the real issues of today!!!

good post!!

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawz1
So many artists in the mainstream (especially rappers) give the same ol' song and dance, shuck and jive, get paid for 15 minutes and are never seen again. Nas is definitely not one of these people as he's been putting out quality music for over 15 years.

I have never heard of this person until Bill O'Reilly brought him up on his show one time. Then I heard him praising Obama the other day, I guess he wanted some attention for his latest CD failure.

If you are looking for an entertainer to further advance UFO's, you might want someone with a little more credibilty, not someone singing a rap about UFO's because it rhymes with ho's.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
RR, thanks for that. Everyone make sure that the music you like passes his test. Very important. "Let the eagles soar"?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

You know what your doing RR, this is just your way to let us know you dont like hip hop!!!
when in fact no1 asked for your opinion on the genre of music...
and by the way, what is a credible artist to you????????

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

its ok that your not a hip hop fan or anything, but if you have been following NAS for the last 10+ years you would know that he strives to say more than just money and hoes. his depth in lyric is in my opinion better than tupac (not like you want to debate this anyway).

Nas is a great artist,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i cant believe he did this song though, i see that as these rappers start to mature like Jay Z did with the kingdom come album they start to really put those lyrics to work!

before others chime in and say hes touching on the UFO topic in order to gain a wide audience ...dont make me laugh, such people are the type that write/speak as if they resent money and those who are actually just trying spread personal experience in order to profit, not everybody is like YOU.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
RRConservative:

If you've never heard of Nas before Bill O'Reilly then you are obviously not a fan of hip hop, which is fine. However, you really shouldn't be so quick to generalize and stereotype. Nas has been known as one of the premier rappers for a long time and his subject matter does not revolve exclusively around "bitches and ho's" like most.

I don't blame you for thinking this, because the vast majority of mainstream hip hop that is released tends to follow the "drugs, guns, bitches" line. This does NOT reflect the whole of hip hop, and in fact is a mere representation of what the mainstream media (ie. big record labels, MTV, MS-radio, etc.) deems worthy of release.

Anyways, the album is awesome and you should give it a listen. If you hate it, that's fine.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Well since you seem to be getting most of your news from Fox and O'Reilly, I'm not really surprised that you've never heard of him.
He's been around for quite a while and is a fairly well known and well respected rapper.
I'm kind of amazed that you seem to base your opinion of him on Bill'O and the fact that he supports Obama. Maybe you should try looking outside of that little box of yours, there's a whole wide world out there with colors and everything.

Back on topic: I think it's really positive that these "alternative" topics are being embraced by so many musicians. Not only does it help raise awareness but it's also an indication that interest in alternative and spiritual is on the rise, which is great.
Sure there might be some backlash, that's unavoidable, but generally I see it as a sign that things are moving in the right direction.

P.S. Ufo's & ho's? please...

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Yeh Nas was & is an amazing artist. RR obviously, Like he says, Has never heard of him so he just lumps him with all the other stereotypical 'Rappers' out there. Its just how so many none hiphop people see hiphop these days. It gets on my tits when people do that. Just ignorantly lump every hiphop artist together as the same thing who only rap about hoes, pimps & uzi's and all that crap. Damn ignorant view imo. Anyway as for rappers talking on this subject. Check out Canibus's Channel Zero from 2000. Good tune

www.youtube.com...

"Yo, The holy script From genesis 1.26 says, Let us make man in OUR image under OUR likeness. First of all who's they? You see if god was truly a single entity thats not what he would say" Yehman

[edit on 8/5/2008 by Matt.Trakker]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
thank god rappers cant put 20's on a flying saucer, we'd never hear the end of it!

just tryin to lighten it up after RRsheltered had to tighten things up.

In my own experience with ufo vs hip hop, ive only come across one other person (on youtube) that sounded like thug who was abducted, he told the story in like 8 parts though, it was full on abduction case..

i think to myself how the hip hop gen of late is not interested in these things, but im glad nas is opening the door.

truth be told i dont feel as if snoop dogg would be the best abductee either,and im not sure if he would be the "same" afterward.

how would a major artist really hold up after event like that?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Matt.Trakker

DUDE! thank you, that was sick!

and to those that think hip hop artist are stupid, listen to CANIBUS rap, he sounds hella smart, he was even hip to the game that carl sagan was a disinformation agent! that delving into ufos right there! bashing mj-12 ....tune in to channel zero..tune into channel zeeeeerrooooo!

[edit on 8/5/2008 by LordThumbs]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Not trying to jack my own thread, but there are tons of emcee's out there that speak on much of the same subject matter as that which can be found here on ATS. If anyone is looking for some ill sht along these lines, check out these artists:

Ras Kass
Canibus
3MG (Murs, Eligh, Scarub)
Immortal Technique
Killah Priest
Jedi Mind Tricks
The Coup
Bronze Nazareth
Black Market Militia
Dead Prez
Aceyalone

....the list is HUGE.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by kawz1]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
and when you tie this with the fact that he is a freemason...then it makes you wonder if this is all part of the plan////

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I like it, it was harmonic, good beat nice plot and a good spin, on globalization, with some peace party ideas.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Nas is a mason? I have serious doubts about this.

I'm sure you're not referring to the general Free Mason's lodges that can be found in most areas, but rather the ATS version Mason's dealing with a group of powerful "elite" that somehow control/influence the country/world.

If you listen to Nas' body of work, you will notice that he speaks on things that directly oppose this group. He speaks on many topics that must actually piss off the powers that be:

-Mainstream Media
-The current administration
-Atrocities in Africa
-Police brutality
-"Big Brother" privacy issues
-Suppression of selected parts of history
-The Catholic church
-Neglect of the poor

He brings light to Malcolm, Martin, Huey, Bob Marley, Ivan Van Sertima, Assata Shakur.....people that the PTB surely would like to forget.

"I'm like a black militant taking over the government..." and you can be sure that this line was not intended to be read as "taking over the government with the intent of establishing a nwo".

Just my thoughts on it, who knows, maybe he is. But for the sake of the millions of hip hop heads out there that would have to slap themselves silly if he was, I definitely hope and believe that he is not.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
These rappers today don't hold a candle to the old schoolers like Ice-T, Public Enemy, NWA & Eric B and Rakim. Now those were the guys who dropped the science on important things like social issues etc ... like Ice-T's "Freedom of Speech (Just Watch What You Say)" and the superlative "Shut Up Be Happy" with Jello Biafra.

Can't even call todays artists rappers. They're just generic, over processed Pro-tools R&B also rans.

How about MC 900ft Jesus who wrote the song "UFO's Are Real" back in the late 80's.. or even earlier still, Neil Young's "After The Gold Rush" in which he sings about a Mothership coming down and loading on the "chosen ones"... that was in 1970.. and he didn't write it to rhyme with ho's!

LOL!

IRM

[edit on 5/8/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kawz1

art isn't evidence - but in some ways - it's just as important

when something starts making it's presence known in this way - it means it's crossed a line somewhere along the way - it's not just a part of popular culture - on the surface

it's gone deeper

I really liked that you posted this - thanks

[edit on 8/5/2008 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
These rappers today don't hold a candle to the old schoolers like Ice-T, Public Enemy, NWA & Eric B and Rakim. Now those were the guys who dropped the science on important things like social issues etc ... like Ice-T's "Freedom of Speech (Just Watch What You Say)" and the superlative "Shut Up Be Happy" with Jello Biafra.

Can't even call todays artists rappers. They're just generic, over processed Pro-tools R&B also rans.

How about MC 900ft Jesus who wrote the song "UFO's Are Real" back in the late 80's.. or even earlier still, Neil Young's "After The Gold Rush" in which he sings about a Mothership coming down and loading on the "chosen ones"... that was in 1970.. and he didn't write it to rhyme with ho's!

LOL!

IRM

[edit on 5/8/08 by InfaRedMan]

You cannot judge today's rappers by what is on the radio, have you ever heard of Immortal Technique?

He touches on more real issues than any of those oldschool artists you listed ever did.

You have to go underground to find the real artistic hip hop.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I always liked this song.
Canibus-Secrets Among Cosmonauts

[edit on 5-8-2008 by roodyp4364]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyPete

I'm into a different scene these days DirtyPete. I stand by my original statement! Artistic Hip Hop? Yeah - Eric B & Rakim were the daddies! Without them, these newbies wouldn't have a platform today.

The old school were innovators! They created the template! That's history not an opinion dude but I'll give this new guy a listen and get back to ya! I hope he's worth the download...

IRM

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join