It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nas - We're Not Alone

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by iiinvision
and when you tie this with the fact that he is a freemason...then it makes you wonder if this is all part of the plan////

Its conspiracies like this that make the conspiracy topic itself look laughable!!

lets behave now!!!!

Nas picked up where rappers like Rakim came from!! if anything he is the closest you'll find today, and rakim acknowledges that!!!

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Apopthis]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

The old school were innovators! They created the template! That's history not an opinion dude but I'll give this new guy a listen and get back to ya! I hope he's worth the download...

IRM

I agree with you there, I'm just saying that there are still rappers out there who have more substance to their rhymes than just guns money and hoes.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Unfortunately I live in Tiny Town Kentucky. Don't get the good stuff on the radio. I have no idea who Nas is. Hell, I am a blues lover and didn't even know who R.L. Burnstein was until he died and there was a tribute to him on the one hour blues show that I hear once a week on NPR. But I am open to new artists, new and old, lol. Perhaps I can drive to the big city and go to that music store that will let me sample a bit of Nas. Oh, wait. I can't do that. That music store closed recently.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Calling rap music is a large overstatement.
give me zeppelin, Tull, skynyrd, allman brothers band, Stanley Jordan, Queen etc etc..

[edit on 5-8-2008 by aLinkToThePast]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by aLinkToThePast
give me zeppelin, Tull, skynyrd, allman brothers band, Stanley Jordan, Queen etc etc..

What does this have to do with the topic?

Nobody asked what kind of music you listen to, so if you don't have anything constructive to say why even bother posting?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kawz1

Must've been sleeping, had no idea this album came out already. Last good album I heard was Fiasco's.

This is a good sign. I think artists like Nas can help bring some awareness too the mainstream people that don't think about UFO's or conspiracies.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apopthis

Originally posted by iiinvision

Nas picked up where rappers like Rakim came from!! if anything he is the closest you'll find today, and rakim acknowledges that!!!

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Apopthis]

Don't count out Lupe Fiasco. He has very conscious lyrics just like Nas and hardly curses. Check him out if you haven't. The song American Terrorist is dead on...

"break em off a little democracy
turn their whole culture to a mockery
give em coca-cola for their property"

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kawz1

Thanks for postin' I forgot to listen to his new album.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

Originally posted by kawz1
So many artists in the mainstream (especially rappers) give the same ol' song and dance, shuck and jive, get paid for 15 minutes and are never seen again. Nas is definitely not one of these people as he's been putting out quality music for over 15 years.

I have never heard of this person until Bill O'Reilly brought him up on his show one time. Then I heard him praising Obama the other day, I guess he wanted some attention for his latest CD failure.

If you are looking for an entertainer to further advance UFO's, you might want someone with a little more credibilty, not someone singing a rap about UFO's because it rhymes with ho's.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by RRconservative]
To be honest, you shouldn't talk like that cause Nas is one of the most credible artists out there, when it comes down to that. Quit generalizing all rappers together and just listen.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Thanx kawz1, you saved me alot of time. Honsetly HipHop seems to be the only genre of music with a message of substance, just like the masses have been blinded most people have been brainwashed(including the listener/fan)into thinking Hiphop is about guns,girls,money and drugs.

Aside from reading, Hiphop reinforced alot of the ideas Ive had regarding the goverment, ufos,society and self reliance. Of course as an adult i have progressed but still hold my HipHop torch in High esteem. I also have music ive done that I believe ats would apprieciate...

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DirtyPete

What does this have to do with the topic?

Nobody asked what kind of music you listen to, so if you don't have anything constructive to say why even bother posting?

constructive, wow This must be the most used word here on ATS . The topic is on Nas a rapper, Rap is "music", so i simply stated my view on rap ,and gave you a little example of what music is. Plus i had nothing better to say on the subject and im always looking to increase my posts.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Not trying to jack my own thread, but there are tons of emcee's out there that speak on much of the same subject matter as that which can be found here on ATS. If anyone is looking for some ill sht along these lines, check out these artists:

Ras Kass
Canibus
3MG (Murs, Eligh, Scarub)
Immortal Technique
Killah Priest
Jedi Mind Tricks
The Coup
Bronze Nazareth
Black Market Militia
Dead Prez
Aceyalone

....the list is HUGE.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by kawz1]
Nice list, but you haven't do so immediately and listen to K-rino
Look up Valley of Decision and Perpetual Ascension.

Thanks for reminding of Channel Zero, whoever it was.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by thehype16]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Wow good find, I've been a big fan of Nas on terms of his older songs and albums that just seem to remain classics in my view... a day without playing a song like "Halftime" or "New York State of Mind" is just a day gone to SH@T for sure... I think he speaks as much truth as he can in his lyrics.. and for him to come forward with lyrics like this is as good as it gets to matching the times of 2008... good stuff Nas... i'd smoke you a 2 paper longer if I shook yer hand, PAYCE!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Good to finally see some rap hip hop not about blinbling, cars and hoes.
The masses are finally akawenng to the alien reality!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
okay check it out. Most people don't have a clue as to what a free mason really is. Study the types of things a freemason would learn about. They aren't evil and they aren't good. they are human beings with more knowledge about ancient truth than you have!

lol

a lot of people are really closed minded about music, and even more people like to intellectualize music.
Its a waste of time. Your brain is talking so much that you can miss the message of the messenger.

There is quality music, music that is created to create wealth, and music that is used to program peoples minds. There is also noise, that some would consider music and some would consider noise.

I prefer quality music whether its oldschool or newschool hip hop, jazz, polka, classical, psychedelic, classic/prog/art/funk/blues/punk rock, cumbia, dub/reggae, metalcore, you name it.

If it seems like the musician or artist put creative effort into it Ill appreciate it even though I may not particularly enjoy it. I can appreciate country music, but you won't find too much in my library lol, except for the songs they play at the club.

Nas does drop some brilliant stuff, and from the evidence Ive seen from his lyrics, albums, ''handshakes'', and then coupling that evidence with a pretty strong knowledge of what freemasons are REALLY about, I believe he is connected, so to speak.

You don't have to be scottish rite to be an adept....you could be yourself with no affiliations and still be an adept and have the understanding and mastery of an adept. The only disadvantage would be not being ''connected''

His messages can be interpreted in different ways, depending on the type of person you are and ''where you come from''. This sets him and others with similar ability apart from the "I got diamonds in my grill and a candy painted lexus"

To those who frequent ATS, the ''alien'' reference might appear as some kind of revelation, or disclosure.
To a hip hop head it might be construed as coming up with original and fresh material.
To an anti rap individual the message might seem like another rapper on drugs who has no talent.
To 50 cent it might be a message to up the ante

All of these parallel realities have some shred of truth to them and no single one is absolutely correct.

If you read this thread and dislike all rap, Ill back up what previous posters said...OPEN YOUR MIND TO WHATS OUT THERE!!

There is a lot of good hip hop out there, that if you heard it on your deathbed, you would curse yourself for not checking it out sooner. Im serious...# that good

[edit on 8/6/2008 by iiinvision]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   

There is a song on Nas' latest album called "We're Not Alone". He speaks on several subjects in the song, one of which is UFO's. Here are a couple of excerpts:

I'ma tell you what I seen with my three eyes
Word to me, not a hoax back in '99
A spacecraft in the skyline
In L.A. in daytime...

Evidence remains in debate
Documents of our own Air Force base
Additional terrestrial information
Other planets with life population, my observation
Scientists study pictures of a flying disk
Right on earth anthropologists are finding #
Visitors probably live with us, they can mimic us
It's sort of what we're seeing in the cinemas

Obviously this is nothing ground breaking, especially to my fellow ATSers, but I feel like it is a good sign that he came out and said what he believed. So many artists in the mainstream (especially rappers) give the same ol' song and dance, shuck and jive, get paid for 15 minutes and are never seen again. Nas is definitely not one of these people as he's been putting out quality music for over 15 years.

Anyways, check out the new album (Untitled), especially tracks like "America" and "Sly Fox" and "Black President", as these will probably appeal to many of you on ATS. You can check out the song "We're Not Alone" in the youtube link below.

Nas - We're Not Alone

*edit: youtube phail

[edit on 5-8-2008 by kawz1]

so if we beleive nas then we are not alone.

so you must beleve DMX's version that god has spoken to him? and he is bringing out his long awaited gospel album?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Don't forget to check out the ultramagnetic mc's and main source!

Krs one and outerspace!

Killah priest and hell razah!

El-p and cannibal ox!

Bigg jus and super chron flight bros!

Mind expanding hip-hop for ya!

Peace!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I like a wide range of music and have liked rap / hip-hop since my teens. I have a big collection of CD's. However no Nas CD's. But I have to agree he is a great artist. Without doubt. He's not your usual everyday rapper.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Hi, before speaking of rap you must understand that hip-hop and rap are not always the same.

Originally posted by sheep10110
reply to post by kawz1

I think artists like Nas can help bring some awareness too the mainstream people that don't think about UFO's or conspiracies.

Maybe mainstream people do know, but the major record labels are silencing them (contracts and stuff).

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Also, another rapper (Prodigy) who speaks of the Illuminati (the last verse): www.youtube.com...

He says:

I'm fit to cut out all the smoking and the drinking
The wine and the spirits is evil where you take it baby
So I'm telling the truth, you live it then you see it
You breathe it then you be it I'll tell you a lil secret
It's secret government that work **** for hours
They practice witchcraft to harness their power
Pedophile rape lil kids for energy The Satanic rituals; W.T.C. (R.I.P.)
They let the Pentagon on fire That's lightening the pentagram on fire
All these bodies for what? So you could scare everybody into one world huh?

Money's worthless, real power is people
Real strength is in the streets where everybody's equal
**** jewelry, **** rims; let's spend on our protection

Same guy talking about the 2008 Election: www.youtube.com...

Same guy from Wikipedia:

2008 Presidential Election

In early June 2008, while most of hip-hop was endorsing Democratic nominee Barack Obama, Prodigy revealed he wasn't too fond of the black candidate. He told BallerStatus.com that Obama was a "phony" and a "plastic president," but also wished him the best of luck. "I wish nothing but love and happiness for him," the rapper said. "But he's either gonna be assassinated to create chaos and bring about Martial Law or he'll live and then years down the line, at the end of his term everybody will see that he's just like the rest of these plastic Presidents, who does absolutely nothing good. Just another puppet for the Royal family." [2]

He also said that Texas Congressman, Ron Paul, is the only candidate addressing issues such as world government, world banking, and war. Prodigy raps in-depth about these theories in a track called "Illuminati" off his second solo album, H.N.I.C. Pt. 2.

Youtube comment:

"Tupac knew and even SPOKE OUT on his last album against how the Prince Hall Freemasonry Lodge had infiltrated hip-hop to create a false form of hip-hop - he even named the b****rds:

NAS, JAY-Z, NOTORIOUS B.I.G. (puppet patsy), MOBB DEEP.

How ironic that Jay-Z and Nas now have adopted the symbolism of the Illuminati lately."

Tupac's last album was called "Killuminati". There other artists like other people mentioned, but this post would be way too long.

P.S. That rapper Prodigy is in jail now.....not just coincidence.

[edit on 6-8-2008 by MyUsername]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join