It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young People Listen Up - Conscious HipHop, Rap WITHOUT a Capital C

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Is this the counter offensive to some of the illuminati run music industry's assault upon young people's subconscious? I think so. Ever since I started reading up on subliminal advertising and subliminals in general it had occurred to me that maybe these new world odor criminals had been attempting to program young people into anti social behaviour. Promoting drugs, guns, "bling", bootaé shakin' (seriously though). Is any of that really helpful? Since reading an excellent book called:

The Age of Manipulation by Wilson Bryan Key

I have come to the conclusion that the messages in music are actually more than just entertainment. It is my opinion that it has been used to program and dumb-down people, while efficiently affecting the sensibilities of parents so that they don't wish to get involved.

So what about conscious Hip-Hop then? This is not main stream music, it's music that has appeared to counter the balance. Music that actually INFORMS and ENLIGHTENS the listener. It is good that people are pushing against the impotent nonsense pushed by the nwo media elite. But is this truly a good idea or is this going a step too far? When does enlightening young people become propaganda to stir up a crowd.

Anyway enough of my speculation, here are some tracks I have come accross that the young readership may find interesting. If you are old enough to own original Run DMC records (plastic discs with grooves in, think the flintstones) then you "may" be able to handle these. Otherwise if your music tastes consist mainly of Perry Como I'm affraid this is going to be a little bit harsh. You have been warned. I've tried to include what I see as a selection from accross the genre, as some appear to have definite leanings. All are on Youtube and some contain a little profanity and slightly shocking images.

Jedi Mind Tricks - The Coming of Tan

SICK SINCE - The Rapture

Canibus and SICK SINCE - RIP the Reptillian

Atma & JAHn the baptist - I'm giving reptillians out of body experiences

Atma & Illuminati Congo - Reptillian Body Snatchas

What do you think? is this information useful? Clearly in my opinion. Is it presented in a good way? I am unsure, there seems to be some negativity mixed in with the awareness. I'd be interested in your points of view.

And if anyone, of any age thinks this is good, please tell me why. Add your own links if needs be and explain why you think the particular track is good or bad.

And if u think dese jointz ar sik yo! what? Flahg up a bruvva

*cough*

Ahem, seriously, is this good or bad propaganda?

Much Love - TrueLight.

EDIT to try and fit my original title in

[edit on 21-7-2008 by TrueLight]
EDIT title spacing again..

[edit on 21-7-2008 by TrueLight]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
All mainstream music is controlled. They've got fingers in all the pies. It pays to stay underground as much as possible.

Rap is a great media for portratying a message. I think that's why the NWO has taken to it so well. And yeah, I agree that it's used to push anti-social ideologies. Word. But there is always the opposite end, the 'underground', pushing the boundaries and getting their message out. I always shun mainstream music as much as possible and look for little known artists, or genres, because of this. 99% of what I listen to is electro or italo anyway, so luckily I don't get a problem with anyone pushing any agenda, just good tunes.

I'm not a huge fan of hip-hop, but i did like the tunes below. Mainly for the message they're putting out.

To add to your list of tunes, I'd like to also note the tune below by the fabulous T.Raumschmiere with lyrics by my friend MC Soom T. Very Anti-NWO take-over, for anyone that's interested:

T.Raumchmiere feat. MC Soom T - A Million Brothers

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
So it's a good idea in your opinion? I'm leaning towards it being a good idea. I guess anyway that wakes people up should be considered, and if the nwo can use music as a tactic I guess freedom fighters can too. Thanks for the link Nammu, cool track , good message, I enjoyed it.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I would have to add a couple more.
There is lots of positive or knowledgeable artist out there.

Canibus Channel Zero

www.youtube.com...

Also, extremely interesting lyrics.

Alien nation - beneath the surface -

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

You agree aswell that it's positive, that's interesting. I've just listened to those 2 tracks you linked to. Very good, thanks.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Atma & JAHn the baptist - I'm giving reptillians out of body experiences

Atma & Illuminati Congo - Reptillian Body Snatchas

Whoa... I didn't know that Atma was well known enough for people to even know about him. Illuminati Congo as well.

Crazy, their producer is a long time friend (would be my producer too if I could get my real life in oder and get some work done...)

Awesome that they are getting recognition for their work. I know from meeting Atma on several occasions, that he 'practices what he preaches' when it comes to living a conscious lifestyle.

One thing I will mention, I don't know if conscious rap will ever 'balance out' the messages of the mainstream. It is very hard to compete with millions of dollars. The struggle to make music is overwhelming for many, let alone to do it while trying to pay rent/bills as an unsigned artist.

The mainstream money gives freedom to work more, but also puts restrictions on content.

DocMoreau

PS... I know that many skeptics on here find the threads I am going to link to as questionable in regard to the content, but for those who have not seen them, they can be eye opening in regard to how deep the 'conscious' conspiracy may go...
Rihanna Umbrella is this song masonic or somehting?
Jay-Z and other rappers Masons?

Personally, I don't think the 'mason' terminology is correct. More likely the rappers are 'conscious' themselves (maybe Five Percenters?), but have been corrupted by 'rockerfeller' type money...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The "underground" segment has changed wildly in the last 15 years. I remember when the underground music was the material you heard from Stretch and Bobbito, dope lyrics, the bangin' boom bap complete with scratches from the hottest DJ's around. A lot of this music ironically was just as gangster as one could expect from the mainstream or "commercial" market genre of rap but the quality was much higher. Now, I have noticed all this pseudo-intellectual babble that isn't any fun to listen to. Canibus is a fantastic example of how more people cared when he was battlin' LL Cool J versus his musings on reptilians and other questionable material. I say questionable because I have always listened to hip hop to have a good time, not ponder the irresponsibilities or blatant ignorance of the masses. Save for the "increase the peace" era I truly don't want my hip hop galvanized in messages much less in conspiracy theory. Thing is, I know the system is corrupt, I know that ultimately in the eyes of the puppetmasters that my life is expendable, I know that the money system is created to keep one in debt, I also know that when I turn to hip hop for emotional solace I don't want to hear some emcee wasting my time and money (as I still purchase every piece of music that I listen to unlike many) on conspiracy theory.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Yep, the underground has changed, it's evolved in it's own direction and this is where it is today, and that's a good thing.

And about the apparent negativity in conscious rap, it's often used to contrast the positive message. If your raps are all positive so to speak, then it's pretty bland, no matter how much you shine. Punctuating a positive element with a negative seeming metaphor makes both elements stand out. When you make both elements play off each other both poetically and conceptually, then both elements are highlighted and the the interaction between the elements is put on prominent display.

It's also used to capture a crowd that is used to hearing the standard negative violent messages that the mainstream feeds the population. Embedding a positive message over violent lyrics is a powerful way to convey that message, as when it's used to convey the anger and outrage of injustice.

But yeah, conscience rap has always been a good idea, it's a lot better idea than the rest of the utter crap that's manufactured. You want to hear real underground conscience rap from way back when? Check out KRS-ONE.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I think the reason that underground hip-hop remains underground is because of the lyrics and/or positivity.

Freestyle Fellowship And any separately (myka Nyne,Aceyalone etc)

Maroons (aka Chief excel and lateef the truthspeaker)

ATU or just Abstract Rude

Outkast (before they sold out...Ie, pre 98) Specifically ATLiens or Aquemini

The roots

Talib Kweli

Cunninglynguists

the list could go on for ever.

The good life Cafe in California was set up to allow "organic" and positive hip-hop to breed.

And i guarantee, most of these artists have not even registered on most hip-hop fans radar.

"Think it is when it ain't all peaches and cream
that's why some are found floating face down in the main stream"

to quote old outkast.

it's a shame that many of these poets, will never be heard.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Yeah I think it's a good thing. To me, music is the fabric of life. It resonates inside all of us. That's why music is such a personal thing to everyone, and I never knock anyone's music tastes even if it's not my cup of tea. If they can use it against us, then why shouldn't we use it to fight them back.

The thing is, all major record companies are pretty much corrupt these days. So even if someone has the right message, it's still the record companies that get their pockets lined by it. That's why a lot of people end up downloading illegally. They've realised that we've been ripped off by record companies for years, they're fed up with rubbish, low-grade 'chart' music, and they realise that the artists get little of the profits anyway. Record companies are in a win-win situation.

That's why I only buy vinyl on independant labels. It's not only collectable, but the money goes straight to the people that it's meant to.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Just within the past week, I have been having huge problems with music that I listen to.

This is what I wonder:

If I am listening and singing along, does that mean that I agree with everything they say?

If some song has me sing things about satan or violence, does this mean that I support these things, or just that I like the music?

Is it okay to like the music but not support the lyrics? I am torn..

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Doc, I'm sure there is symbolism in but I don't buy into the pyramids being a sign of evil reptiles. In fact I think I'm going to make a topic post explaining my point. However I'm sure shady practices go on in secret societies. Is Jay-Z involved in the shady rituals? I've no idea. Thanks for your links. Atma is blowing up on youtube, conscious rap appears to be taking off. Dezert, KRS-ONE that takes me back. Symbolism is in even conscious rap, I think it's the message and the way it's presented that's important, here's some more links:

Atma - Chop 'em up with the chakra

Atma - Study the math

Lost Children of Babylon - As we become one with the sun

And for dezert who mentioned KRS-ONE, takes me back a bit...

KRS-1 - Sound of da Police

Keep the links coming.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Talib Kweli - Def jam poetry

www.youtube.com...

Talib Kweli - where do we go

www.youtube.com...

Common - retrospect for life

www.youtube.com...

Talib Kweli - Beautiful Stuggle

www.youtube.com...

Next two are immortal technique and re not as "easy listening" as the others, but are equally profound and revealing.

Point of no return - Immortal Technique

www.youtube.com...

4th branch (of the government) - Immortal technique

www.youtube.com...

I recommend Tech's if you wanna just listen to one or two..... very interesting.

Keep em coming.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I was going to post the lyrics to 4th branch because they are amazing, but there are a couple of profanities so i'll leave it up to you guys to watch it instead.

But i highly recommend 4th branch!!!

I love the line " Turn off the news and read, read, read"....awesome.

[edit on 22/7/08 by blupblup]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
blupblup , Talib Kweli was good , but those first 2 links were the same link. I looked up the 2nd one, no problem, I'll put it here incase someone wants to listen to it. "It's like pain is our only inspiration"...

Talib Kweli - Where do we go

I've listened to all your links, thanks. Talib Kweli covering more spiritual matters, Common ft beautiful voiced lauren hill track covering social issues. Immortal Technique, my favourite as you recommended 4th branch of the government, very good track, I listened carefully to it. Good to know the truth is being put out there. I'll add another track to keep it going.

Atma & SICK SINCE - The Halls of Amenti

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueLight

So they were?
Must have been my eagerness to get it out there for people lol.
Thanks for the correction

PS. Good vid the last one.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

No worries blupblup, I just realised conscious rap is not at all new. I remember this the first time around. Not Old Skool, this is Original Skool, this guy built the skool..
just adding for entertainment. Seems the world was always in a bad way. Check out those threads man!

Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five - The Message

A little newer...

Public Enemy - He Got Game

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueLight

God i'm getting old lol.
Thanks for reminding me

Just talking about rap and consciousness, you should check out Freestyle: The art of rhyme, If you haven't already.

I have it on disc, but you can watch it here

www.youtube.com...

Part1 first then the following parts are on the right i think.

Great documentary.

[edit on 23/7/08 by blupblup]

[edit on 23/7/08 by blupblup]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Ha! great link, thanks

I've watched the first part. I'm going to bookmark the rest and watch it later.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Definitely worth a watch.
And you're most welcome

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join