It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Examples of the Obama Cult Effect

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

i dont understand why anyone would support such a radical guy.

I think he looks downright moderate when compared to GW, who squandered trillions of dollars and has nothing to show for it!

Obama is young and naive hes unexperienced and lacks character, he really thinks hes right when hes wrong most of the time if not all the time.

He seems like a thinking guy to me, as opposed to Bush's "feel in the gut", be it flatulence or whatever.

he attended a church for 20 years or so with with a radical rev.

I see, now being a church goer works against you. Brilliant!

he opposed liberating Iraq from a tyrant.

OK, it's NOT a US's job to liberate every country in the world, although the propaganda did a trick on you as I can see.

he wants to withdraw from Iraq within 16 month no matter what!

And the alternative is to keep 100,000+ Americans there for how long????????

he will increase taxes to pay for all his govt programs

And the previous administration borrowed the amount of money enough to cover the Earth orbit with $100 bills a thousand times over, for which we'll have to pay interest.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by logictruth14

why i hate Obama--

he attended a church for 20 years or so with with a radical rev.
he opposed liberating Iraq from a tyrant.
he opposed the surge which made it safer for our troops
he wants to withdraw from Iraq within 16 month no matter what!
apparently he doesnt understand that if we leave things as theyre getting better hes basically telling all those Iraqis that they dont matter. i support what mccain said "i rather lose an election then lose a war"

he wants to socialize medicine. big big mistake.
he will increase taxes to pay for all his govt programs
he opposed NAFTA then supported it(lack of good judgement)
cant admit he was wrong about the surge.
ignored the troops when visiting afghanistan.

All I've deduced from that whole post is that:
1......you get cable T.V.
2......you watch fox news(I bet you think o'reilley is smart)
3......you watch fox news.

So, wow.

I really have no response for you. Not because I am incapable......but because you only understand "talking points", and I am not such a fan.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
his voting demographic:

youth (college kids that pretty much do whatever TV tells'em)

alternative lifestylers

anyone into anything other than a monotheistic faith

anyone NOT white or making over 45k a year (this guy doesn't give a # about blacks or anyone brown, no diff than anyone else really) i mean really...who cares?

pretty much anyone that thinks "God anything but a Republican"! as though we never HAD a good Republican..hello! (pay close attention to this one Black Americans) Lincoln!!!!!

anyone that knows ZERO about politics or the political landscape..pretty much anyone under 35 now in this country unless of course they are studying politics in college

communist sympathizers (i see more and more civil liberties wanting to be stripped away from us)

Muslims...oh the Muslims will love this asshole wont they?

Jews..well because to find a Republican Jew you REALLY gotta look!

hmmmmnnn i miss anyone group guys? feel free to add

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GodMode

I don't fall into ANY of the voting categories you listed, yet I refuse to back up continuation of the disasterous policies of Bush which McCain appears to be content with and happy to carry on.

By the way you seem to indicate that Muslims and Jews are going to support Obama with all their heart. I don't know if that's true, but this is remarkable

[edit on 5-8-2008 by buddhasystem]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GodMode

I don't fit into any of your groups, either, God, but... what's your point? That a lot of different types of people support Obama? Duh!

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
As much as I despise the guy for reasons I'll keep to myself out of fear of HUGE backlash, he's smart.

He's using some old school propaganda to brainwash people, like my mother
, in to thinking that things can be changed. That there is hope for something better. Yeah, things aren't that great, but they're not that bad. Obama can take his propaganda and shove it. I'm tired of hearing about him and his "hope and change".

Echo3Foxtrot, Lance Corporal of Marines

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Yeah, things aren't that great, but they're not that bad.

I agree this is all relative. But how bad do you really want to define as real bad?

What's funny some right-wingers once professed their willingness to go to great length to protect the amerrican way of life (with one idiot stating that if invasion of Iraq meant he keeps his right to order a pizza at 2 a.m., he's all for military action) -- and at the same time, we all now witnessed how these policies have eroded the american way of life, from freedoms to economic realities --- just look, americans drive less and buy less bottled water because it's less affordable.

I say the national debt is bad enough already, and if you disagree, please do the math on the interest and offer a way to pay this off.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

just look, americans drive less and buy less bottled water because it's less affordable.

To quote Nanci Pelosi, "We have a planet to save". The democrats WANT the prices for gas to be high, because it forces people to drive less.

and at the same time, we all now witnessed how these policies have eroded the american way of life, from freedoms to economic realities ---

no, I haven't. As far as I'm concerned thats is pure fantasy that liberals contrive in their heads. Its nothing more that an effective propaganda campaign to get democrats elected you've been suckered.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
To quote Nanci Pelosi, "We have a planet to save". The democrats WANT the prices for gas to be high, because it forces people to drive less.

Oh please. If dems want less dependency on oil than Big-Oil-Bush and his chronies, that's a different story.

no, I haven't. As far as I'm concerned thats is pure fantasy that liberals contrive in their heads. Its nothing more that an effective propaganda campaign

It's effective because it's real. It's the current Bush's agenda, with all this wiretapping and what not, and the Iraq war contributing greatly to the run-up of oil prices, and undenyable inflation of food and other prices plus a myriad other problems -- it is YOU who has their head in the sand, or at least what remains of it.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
some more obama worship. the sad thing is this stuff isnt even hard to find its everywhere! not even a challenge... heres a letter to a illinois paper and NO I DID NOT MAKE THIS UP obamabots.

www.jg-tc.com...

I’m taking a special look at Barack Obama because he’s a lot closer to a Jesus-type than the other candidates, by quite a bit. What if God decided to incarnate as men preaching “hope and change.” And what if we didn’t recognize them, because we are so dull, and let them slip away, not availing ourselves of the opportunity to be led by God!

how much more evidence do i need to throw out there for you all to admit that the obama campaign is downright creepy with the religious overtones?

[edit on 5-8-2008 by TheRepublic]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
how much more evidence do i need to throw out there for you all to admit that the obama campaign is downright creepy with the religious overtones?

That has nothing to do with Obama's campaign! Don't you see, you're finding a few people who are ga-ga over Obama and blaming it on Obama and his campaign? They did nothing to illicit any cult-like following.

The opinion piece you post simply shows a man who is enamored with Obama's honesty and inspiration.

Now, I’m using the term “God” to mean the loving, honest, just, and inspiring part of the force behind it all.

Stop wasting your time trying to prove that Obama has a God Complex. All you're doing is making a fool of yourself. There are a few people who are overly focused on Obama (in a positive way), but not from anything HE did. Except be who he is. Honest, inspiring, hopeful, intelligent, respectful, thoughtful...

When are you going to admit that you are overly focused on him (in a negative way) and as "guilty" as any of the "followers" that you clearly despise? It's just two sides of the same coin. When are you going to take a look in the mirror at your obsession - or is it easier to focus on what you see as other people's obsession?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Except be who he is

who is he? no one knows! not even his own supporters! and im not making a fool out of myself. plenty of people agree with me in this thread, even a couple of obama supporters. plenty of non biased people can clearly see the point im trying to make. im not obsessed, im just disgusted when i see normally intelligent people being swept up in religious fervor over some corprate turd that is not even the slightest bit diffrent than his opposition. i dont care about obama he is a corporate tool just like mccain i exspect him to be one. if he wasnt someone with his lack of exsperiance would never have been nominated.

my problem is with his zombies who are convinced they have found "the one"

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
who is he? no one knows! not even his own supporters!

Where do you get this information? I know him pretty well. And so do a lot of his supporters.

and im not making a fool out of myself.... im not obsessed, ... i dont care about obama

Ooookay.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
the documentation continues
more worship of the messiah

"I'll do whatever he says to do. I'll collect paper cups off the ground to make his pathway clear."
-Halley Berry

He is a leader. He walks into a room and you want to follow him somewhere, anywhere.
--George Clooney

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

That has nothing to do with Obama's campaign! Don't you see, you're finding a few people who are ga-ga over Obama and blaming it on Obama and his campaign? They did nothing to illicit any cult-like following.

Half the stuff I posted came from Obama himself. The rest from his supporters in the media. Are you even reading this stuff, or simply passing over it?

Explain to me how Obama telling several audiences that a beam of light would shoot the window and give them an epiphany, to vote for Obama? Are you seriously dismissing that as business as usual?

That CNN piece is kind of funny, because they didn't quote or show ANY of the crazy # Obama and his supporters have been saying. Things like "hes a being of light" and " might not be human".

Give me a break, you're the perfect example of what this thread is about.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

thank you. thats exactly what im talking about. this thread is loaded with evidence and people just skip right over it all to post at the end and call me an idiot. cultlike behavior at its finest.

i think the scientific term for it would probably be Cognitive dissonance
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Half the stuff I posted came from Obama himself. The rest from his supporters in the media. Are you even reading this stuff, or simply passing over it?

Drone, this is why you have no credibility with me. Please read it so you'll understand.

"My job is to be so persuasive that if there's anybody left out there who is still not sure whether they will vote, or is still not clear who they will vote for, that a light will shine through that window, a beam of light will come down upon you, you will experience an epiphany ... and you will suddenly realize that you must go to the polls and vote for Obama"

Lebanon Opera House, New Hampshire. January 7, 2008.

This is NOT TRUE. It was debunked in THIS post on page 2 of this thread. Do you understand? He DIDN'T SAY it.

That is why I am here, because Barack Obama is the only person in this who understands that. That before we can work on the problems, we have to fix our souls. Our souls are broken in this nation.

-Michelle Obama

So what? What does this prove? That the woman thinks her husband is the cat's PJs? I happen to agree with her that our souls are broken. And I would (and have) talk about my husband like he can walk on water, too. This is his WIFE, Of course she loves him!

After those 2 I stopped reading. You have LOST ALL credibility with me. You actually lost it a long time ago, but I try to give people a second and third chance. But you have totally blown your credibility with me.

That's why it's so important to check and re-check your sources and the material you post. If you want any credibility at all, you don't use "obamessiah.blogspot" as a "source". You have absolutely no chance of convincing me of anything because you have posted lies so many times, I don't want to waste my time and energy reading your posts, because I will only have to research your claims myself and find them to be from some blog with an agenda. Sorry, but it's entirely your fault that I pass over your posts.

[edit on 5-8-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent HereticSo what? What does this prove? That the woman thinks her husband is the cat's PJs? I happen to agree with her that our souls are broken. And I would (and have) talk about my husband like he can walk on water, too. This is his WIFE, Of course she loves him!

After those 2 I stopped reading. You have LOST ALL credibility with me. You actually lost it a long time ago, but I try to give people a second and third chance. But you have totally blown your credibility with me.

That's why it's so important to check and re-check your sources and the material you post. If you want any credibility at all, you don't use "obamessiah.blogspot" as a "source". You have absolutely no chance of convincing me of anything because you have posted lies so many times, I don't want to waste my time and energy reading your posts, because I will only have to research your claims myself and find them to be from some blog with an agenda. Sorry, but it's entirely your fault that I pass over your posts.

I AM gonna have to agree with you on this (checks with Satan to see if hell froze over
)

This part really can't be used to support the OP. I mean, a wife should back up her man. I am ANTI OBAMA~ fanatics (although I support their rights to be ignorant) and the issues that he has up on his website, but to claim that a wife supporting her husband is evidence of a cult following is a bit on the extreme side.

There are other things that can be used to support the OP's claim.....

[edit on 5-8-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
And the bummer about losing credibility is that even when you say something that's true, people aren't going to believe it...

Fortunately for Dronetek, I went back and checked all of his claims on page 4 and found that the cnn transcript does have Obama saying the following about the organizer of the Obama campaign there, Dave Ormbrendt:

That's his job, get you to the polls, vote for Obama. My job is to help him do his job. So I am going to try to be so persuasive in the 20 minutes or so that I speak that by the time this is over, a light will shine down from somewhere.

It will light upon you. You will experience an epiphany. And you will say to yourself, I have to vote for Barack. I have to do it.

And if you make that decision, if that moment happens, then it would be great -- even though it's just one day to go -- for you to fill out one of these supporter cards before you leave, because that way we'll know, you know, who, in fact, is going to be voting. Make sure that you are getting to the right precinct. It will be very helpful to Dave in doing his job.

He was obviously joking around with the organizer. I'm looking for a video of it now to put it in context, which is another problem with credibility.

And fortunately for Dronetek, I am an honest person and have integrity.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

look just because you THINK you debunked it dosnt mean its not true. ive seen the video with my own eyes several months ago. Obama said those words. his cult members and the media have done a nice job trying to cover it up and have had the video almost completly erased from the internet. all the more support for my arguement. but he did say those words and they were widely covered at the time.

they were covered by cnn on national television.
here are the transcripts from that day:
transcripts.cnn.com...

So I am going to try to be so persuasive in the 20 minutes or so that I speak that by the time this is over, a light will shine down from somewhere.

It will light upon you. You will experience an epiphany. And you will say to yourself, I have to vote for Barack. I have to do it.

i really dont know why i bother. honestly if i had a time machine and took you to lebanon NH that day and showed you the exact moment youd probably still say i made it up somehow...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join