It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Monster Washes Ashore in Montauk

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

gawker.com

This is an actual monster, some sort of rodent-like creature with a dinosaur beak. A tipster says that there is "a government animal testing facility very close by in Long Island,"
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.theaustralian.news.com.au

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Looks pretty gross, but is it real? I will be interested to find out, but could well be a publicity stunt as reported in some places.

gawker.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Dear lord,
Forget searching, you didn't even bother to scroll down the page.
Too funny.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Sorry if it was already posted, please delete if double up.

Edit: found it in mythical beasts sorry.

[edit on 30-7-2008 by Shere Khaan]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I'm just playing with you.
If you go to the "recent posts" page you will see that there are no less than 3 competing threads on the subject.
Cheers

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
It's a turtle - without it's shell - not a monster.

Pretty weird looking though.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I like what they wrote on the "Update" page!

Montauk Monster Update!

"Four government biologists contacted by Plum were unable to identify the species of the animal from its photo and came to the conclusion that 'no such creature exists."Shriek!! That's because it's a monster. A government experiment gone wrong! A Cerberus come to warn us of doom! A MONSTER!!!!

Verylowfrequency, I do believe if you wanted, you could probably get one of the four government biologists jobs, if you wanted it.

[edit on 7/30/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

After looking at the picture some more, I'm not too sure it IS a turtle.

I don't believe turtles have a skin between their innards and their shell, at least the fresh water turtles I've seen cleaned before don't.

Found a website that has pictures showing how to clean a freshwater turtle.
(Graphic pictures on this website)

How to clean a turtle

It's not like they are living in a shell and their body isn't part of the shell, the shell is part OF the turtle.

But, then again, maybe saltwater turtles are different in this way from freshwater turtles!

Here's the picture of it!

Although I must agree the head is very "turtle-like".

[edit on 7/30/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I'd be interested in getting William One Sac's (one of the admins) opinion on this. He has done ridiculously extensive research on Montauk.
WOS, you around?

Obs out

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
[edit on 31-7-2008 by Seaman_Richie]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I've never seen a naked turtle.

I have some pictures of sea turtles that I took in the pacific and it looks somewhat similar - less the shell parts. Though none of my pics show the teeth, as they are alive with their mouths closed. It seems to me when I was feeding some at an aquarium they told me they had teeth and could take my hand off. I fed them lettuce and they appeared to chew it with teeth.

The fact that's it's washed up on a beach and appears to have a turtle head is the best guess. What's left of the shell on the arms, legs and head appears to be deteriorating faster than the body, so I would guess it was lost before it lost it's life as if it had died first I would expect the shell parts to last longer than the soft flesh, but I'm not an expert.

Could be an experiment, disease, a genetic disorder, chemical reaction, or out of the belly of some other sea life that died etc. Maybe somebody was preparing it to eat & then threw it out for whatever reason.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
It looks like a Koala bear, with the flesh from its mouth missing. It only looks like a beak given the angle of the picture.

Look at its ears, and you will see that it looks similar to a Koala's:

It probably was shaved at a laboratory, then disposed of when it died in testing.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
The first thing that came to my mind was the Montauk Project at Camp Hero...

But I doubt these events are connected, the purported Montauk experiments didn't revolve around mutating animals from what I recall...

Slight observation:

This animal looks like it's been severely mistreated and/or exposed to some rough elements.

Look at it's skin, around it's feet and on the underside of it's hand it seems to be a healthy white colour but the rest of it is all reddish, brown with spots of bruising (shoulders and sides).
It's skin looks kind of swollen, especially around it's rear.

It could be that it's just been cooking in the sun for a week or so but I'd say this thing went through a rough death.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
There's some pretty good explanations in this thread: here about what animal it may be, and what animals it can't be and why. There are also high def pictures giving a better perspective.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
here's another link on this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This actually made the channel 11 news last night and the woman reading the report seemed to be reading right from the above link. She mentioned that it might be a dog, raccoon, turtle that lost its shell and even a pig but nobody had any clue was to what it was.

I still think it's a dog.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Man thats a turtle with no shell if I ever saw one, you can see the sun burn LOL. Case closed! The bill is in the mail!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
how is that a turtle?!? yes, fair enough, it has a beak, but by that logic we should be claiming bird!! It has feet like a pigs, not flippers from what I can see, although, it would be hidden by the sand, they look like trotters.

IT HAS A TAIL, LONG DOG LIKE TAIL, TURTLES HAVE SHORT, VERY SHORT TAILS. It's the wrong colour for a turtle, although this could be cause by sun exposure, I would expect it to go a grey colour if burnt and dried out. It's blatantly got legs, not fins, they front 'paws' seem obscured, but oyu can see the thigh of the thing, it's definetely not a turtle, IMO.

EMM

[edit on 31-7-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

[edit on 31-7-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Does anyone know if turtles have tails that long? I was under the impression that the tails were pretty stubby.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
That would be one long, friggin' turtle.

Can turtles even grow to that size?

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
That is really the oddest thing I have ever seen.

It has a tufted of fur on its neck/chin area. It has teeth and a beak. It also has a very long tail and its paws seem to have fingers on them. It also seems to have very slightly raised ears.

The coloring is definitely due to baking in the sun even while at sea. Also the darkest portion of skin showing may have been and most likely was settled downward while floating. The blood tends to settle in the lowest part of the body causing it to look bruised. I would guess that the back bone and internal organs weighed that side down and now only rests on top because of how it washed up on shore due to the tide.

This thing is sort of like a griffin that has raccoon feet and a dog’s tail. Maybe it is the result of genetic testing and is really a chimera of some sort.

Raist

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join