It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks to you, impeachment will be heard Friday

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Congressman Dennis Kucinich tells supporters because of the support, he will present a presentation to Congress this Friday. I wish more people would stand up to the Government on this scale. But, I also think it's late in the game too.

There is a petition out there, don't know if I can link to it, but google it.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
This supports what I have been saying....the internet is a viable source for public reaction.

And we have problems with the current administration...Corporate interest must now take a look at the public.

Because we are typing. And we disagree for valid reasons....

Starred and Flagged...

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Wow!!! I am kind of in a shock right now, thinking that the government might actually do something that the American people have been pushing for. But at the same time, it seems a little late for that.

Don't Impeach, Imprision.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
At least the door is open, but I'm not going to hold my breath on the Presidents impeachment.

Remember the congress didn't do a damn thing to Alberto Gonzales after his failed attempt to explain the firings of US Attorney's during televised congressional hearings.

He blatantly lied and everyone knows it and our elected officials did nothing.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
It is certainly empowering in a time where disappointment comes so often.

Now, where is the rest of our representation in this country?

I agree with memshock, but I also think we must involve ourselves in other ways.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I think I remember reading about him trying to do this before, and nothing ever happened. I may even recall some other people introducing impeachment to congress. Even if im recalling incorrectly dont get your hopes up. I think what happened to Alberto Gonzalez ( Nothing) is what will happen to bush.

I DO hope I am wrong though. Oh PLEASE let me be wrong

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Glad to hear that it was thanks to me...

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Hey there santa, I guess my "REPLY TO:" button is broke.

I think it would be more empowering if they did things that would really make a difference. A good thing would be to forgive the people that were victims of predatory lending and make the banks pay off the homes that are being forclosed on.

Also, maybe it would help things if they just took all the oil speculators out somewhere behind a building and beat some sense into them.

Reward those that attempt to solve our nations problems instead of silencing them. If someone can make a car run on soda pop, give them a grant and make sure it gets marketed.

And here is a crazy thought.... How about they stop hanging out with all the lobbyists and I dont know, UPHOLD THE CONSTITUTION!!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Ahh mine is on the fritz too.

I could not agree with you more JM, but even a cosmetic victory is a victory.

Consider yourself starred and friended. God I wish their was a better word for that.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Dear santa, ( wow that is nostalgic)

I agree, baby steps are still steps. Friended and starred as well.

Your right, there should be a better word for that.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
hmm wishfull thinking.....you know .... nobody makes a chance....
the system wins allway's..:-(

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
i will vote this man for president....he has got major ball's

and is flat up standing up for our american right's...the us constitution....
like a true american.

This dude is true american.

who ever the heck he is lol

dang yall...it almost make's me cry !!!!!

all us American's sitting on our collective butt's.
and basically one man has to stand up to fight for our us constitution.

no joke tear's swelling lol

[edit on 23-7-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Pathetic...

This man is a freak show. Hanging out with Shirley McClain on her porch he sees a UFO. He wants to establish a DEPARTMENT OF PEACE.

H.R.3760

(b) Domestic Responsibilities- The Secretary shall--

If you read this obscene peice of tripe you will see that the governement in this man's mind is GOD/MOM/NANNY all rolled into one.

And this man is a HERO to you? All because he wants to impeach GWB for protecting your butt?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Sorry, but I'm not jumping on the bandwagon here. Congress needs to be passing bills to help bring the country out of the slump we're in. Instead, they're concentrating on trying to impeach a President that will be out of office in six months anyways. Even if it's successful, nothing will happen until after January which makes this nothing more than a few democrats grandstanding for votes.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
If anything needs to be done it’s should be to get rid of our Democrat-controlled Congress. Congress has hit single digit approval ratings and are the lowest ever seen, at 9%. This poor fool is wasting his time on this. Pass something that actually helps the country Ken Starr.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle
Congress needs to be passing bills to help bring the country out of the slump we're in.

It's a bit more than a slump and the blame rests with the present administration, seems to me like they are pursuing the right man, at least for a start.

I can't say I know much about Dennis Kucinich but a quick look on Wikipedia gives a better idea of where the man is coming from, and it's from the left.

Which would explain the narrow opinions which are beginning to appear on this thread.

His platform for his Presidential campaign for 2008 conatained the following:

Creating a single-payer not-for-profit system of universal health care that provides full coverage for all Americans by passage of the United States National Health Insurance Act.

The immediate, phased withdrawal of all U.S. forces from Iraq; replacing them with an international security force.

Guaranteed quality education for all; including free pre-kindergarten and college for all who want it.

Immediate withdrawal from the World Trade Organization (WTO) and North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).

Immediate repeal of the USA PATRIOT Act.

Fostering a world of international cooperation.

Abolishing the death penalty.

Environmental renewal and clean energy.

Preventing the privatization of social security.

Providing full social security benefits at age 65.

Creating a cabinet-level "Department of Peace"

Ratifying the ABM Treaty and the Kyoto Protocol.

Introducing reforms to bring about instant-runoff voting.

Protecting a woman's right to choose while decreasing the number of abortions performed in the U.S.

Ending the War on Drugs.

Legalizing same-sex marriage.

Strongly promoting workers' rights.

Ending the H-1B and L-1 visa Programs

Restoring rural communities and family farms.

Strengthening gun control.

Legalizing medicinal marijuana and decriminalizing non-medical possession.

Source Wikipedia

He'd have my vote if I were a US citizen.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Dennis Kucinich is a great man in my mind. The number one threat to our country is rotting from the inside which is what the current Bush administration has been stimulating since they sent Republican hacks down to Florida to pose as protesters for the camera. From the stolen election of 2000 till today they have demonstrated that they have NO problem trampleing the Constitution and the People of the United States and the World.

LIVE FREE OR DIE!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

Exactly what I was thinking. It's time to move on and get America back on track. This is nothing but grand standing and a vote getter. Our congress and politicians need to concentrate on the real problems like oil dependency, food pricing, taxes etc... I think it's a waste of time and money to go after Bush when he's out in 6 months.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
reply to post by BlueTriangle

Exactly what I was thinking. It's time to move on and get America back on track. This is nothing but grand standing and a vote getter. Our congress and politicians need to concentrate on the real problems like oil dependency, food pricing, taxes etc... I think it's a waste of time and money to go after Bush when he's out in 6 months.

I was closer to your opinion until recently. Recently I have seen the wisdom of getting this all out in the open in front of the American People. It is extremely important to learn exactly what happened in the build up to the Iraq war. We need to know what insiders helped corporate interests get sweetheat deals. We need to KNOW what happened. Our press certainly didn't do that job very well.

Until big oils tentacles are exposed in our government how can we expect our evolving government to handle corporate greed any better?

Lastly, I think it would be a great atmosphere to go into an election with. We deserve integrity in our government.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Some people will discard Kucinich's attempts as a distraction and unimportant. Sort of the 'horse is already out of the barn' kinda thinking. I disagree. GWB et al (and anyone else that follows his example) have absolutely got to be held accountable for their actions. He has set a precedent (amojng other things) of blatantly disregarding the law. That POV has spread like a cancer. Elected officials disregard subpoenas, destroy evidence and engage in intimidation (to name just a few) with impunity. This has got to stop.

Some people wonder why Obama is getting so much positive international acceptance. It's largely because the international community understands that the only hope is for a change in our government far, far away from the politics of GWB and his troupe. Like many here, they're hoping against hope that Obama can bring that change.

Starting to repair our economy requires that we show the wold that we know we're on the worng track and will do whatever is necessary to regain our balance. Since apparently the guillotine isn't an option (regrettably) impeachment will send a powerful message to the world. It will let them know that we are aware of what has happened and we realize that we've been diverted from our path but that the American people have the will and the ability to fix these missteps. It will speak volumes about the credibility and resilience of our country. Go Dennis!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join