It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death - Inconsistencies

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I know this is covered in the thread
Something has changed, timeline?

But, the subject of people who we previously thought were dead, is too interesting to be buried in another thread. This one needed its own.

The death I most relate to (or have the best memory of) is

WALTER CRONKITE

I was sure he was dead. But, he is still alive. I guess my memories of his death were completely wrong.
Or, some would say the timeline has shifted.

Other people point to Nelson Mandela, Gary Coleman, Billy Graham, Jack Palance, Mickey Rooney.

What are some others that mystify you?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Another one that baffles me is James Earl Jones.
I could have sworn that he died around the time of filming Star Wars 3: phantom Menace. I remember thinking that they weren't going to be able to continue Vader's voice.....

He's still alive.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I dont really get it im sorry I never thought those people were dead?
Is there something im missing here?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

Can you please develop on your feeling of assurance about the death of Walter Cronkite?

Thank you,
Kacou

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Being_From_Earth
I dont really get it im sorry I never thought those people were dead?
Is there something im missing here?

Well, I remember very clearly that Cronkite and James Earl Jones died.
I took the other names from threads for conversation starter, to see if they jogged anyone else's memory.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Sorry if I seem to insist.
But how did your remembrance was shaped?
With news clip of the death?
Internet site declaring the death?
I am puzzled as how you can have a memory of someone death with out any detailed reminiscence.
Or was it more a feeling of remembrance?
Kacou.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   

eh? i thought he was dead, did he not die just a few months back could have swore he did, sure it was on the news

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kacou

Sorry if I seem to insist.
But how did your remembrance was shaped?
With news clip of the death?
Internet site declaring the death?
I am puzzled as how you can have a memory of someone death with out any detailed reminiscence.
Or was it more a feeling of remembrance?
Kacou.

I remember there being a piece on the news about it, and as another thread pointed out Jim Carry had dedicated part of a movie about it. I remember him dieing because it upset me. Other than that I have no proof.

Edit: I also could've sworn that Gorbachev was dead...

[edit on 22-7-2008 by ThreeDeuce]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Jack Palance is definately dead.

He died in November 2006.

For the past few years I had assumed that Gene Wilder was dead.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Very interesting.
Did you ever had this kind of memory shift-if I may call it this way- with people closer to you like friends, family, acquaintance, people that you seen only once or twice?
Kacou.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asnivor

Jack Palance is definately dead.
He died in November 2006.

Correct, the inconsistency with this, is that I thought (along with other posters) that he died around City Slickers 1 or City Slickers 2. I even remember clips of city slickers played as an obit on the news. But, his death was much more recent. It is odd. Things aren't adding up for me, and I don't think I'm insane.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Very weird.

Although if I remember rightly, His character is dead at the beginning of City Slickers 2, and he plays his twin brother.

Could people be sub-consciously confusing bits from the film with real-life?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Asnivor

Yes, he was in City Slickers 2, because he played the twins. But I definitely thought he died right around its release.

A few of these names might be common mistakes. But, there are a few that I'm convinced I remember them being dead.

I could've sworn that Arthur C. Clarke died about 5 years before his actual death in 2008.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
i too remember gene wilder dieing, only for the fact that i loved the movie silverstreak that he was in with richard prior, and i remember david attenbourough dieing aswell, but the other thread that you mentioned, someone in there says he is still alive aswell.
just on a side note, in my country there was a bashing of a elderly lady, i remember it becuase it happened when i was doing stock-take at work, wich was a monday, yet today in the paper they are saying it hapened on a tuesday, mmmmmmmmmm

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Gene Wilder's wife, Gilda Rader, died young of ovarian cancer. He's been actively involved in cancer awareness groups and has had cancer himself. Maybe that's why you think of him as dying.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
You guys would get a kick out of the SF novel Lathe of Heaven, by Ursula Le Guin.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Alfonso Ribeiro (Carlton from the Fresh Prince). I remember alot of people thought he died while breakdancing. They said he tried to do a headspin and broke his neck.

I also remember a guy from the neighborhood that everyone called Disco Bob. Well, people thought he died and when my sister saw him when we were younger, she actually ran because she thought he was a ghost.

This topic is interesting because maybe worldlines get crossed and we experience someones death and then we cross back into our worldine and in that timeline the person is alive.

Maybe your driving to work and you see a friend going into Bob Evans. You both wave at each other.

Later that day you talk to your friend and say, I would of stopped this morning but I was running late for work.

Your friend says, I've been in bed most of the day, I didn't go to Bob Evans.

You then say, that you must have saw someone that looks like the person and you were mistaken.

What if you did see your friend but our timeline crossed with another worldine.

What if things like this occur at Planck scales and we call them coincidences?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

this cant be right Jack Palance died of either lung cancer or throat cancer half way through city slickers 2..i would bet my wage on it...i seen it on the news and thought what a shame a fine actor like him died..they even showed city slickers 1 after the news as a tribute....i was always a fan of Jack Palance from his early films \ Ripleys believe it or not on tv....

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Interesting topic, I honestly think time shifting or seeing occasionally into another time (are those the same thing? Lol) happen, people report staying at hotels that don’t exist, seeing scenes in movies that were never filmed, and meeting people who know personal details about them whom they’ve never met. I have several feelings of déjà vu, and memories of things I swear up and down happened that are different for most people involved. Now this could just be our minds changing information for some reasons over time, but when my cousins and I remember being diagnosed with the chicken pocks, treated for the chicken pocks, and my sister and mother, and aunt claim we were never able to be infected for some reason and we were treated for a minor grass rash something strange is going on.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
If you go back to revelations. When Yeshua died a lot of the Saints returned. People were even amazed because in their minds they truly believed these saints were dead but the saints had no idea what they were talking about (to them they never died and history shows they didn't at the time). Which is why there would be no time difference because to them time and death did not exist but just flowed throughout history. The disciples wrote about this because they were "awakened'

If this is part of revelations then expect far more time/space anomalies to take place.

For those that don't believe then think of our reality as living water. We all swim around in it and every possible direction we can take (i.e. free will), but not every direction is taken yet the rippling or movement of the water exists regardless of the choice we made; the resonating effect of the body moving through the water is felt in all directions but only one way is chosen.

One reason or another, we are bumping into one another and choosing to (super consciously) live on the same path in reality (those people are chosen to do something in the future).

That is the most I take of this because I recall things in movies being different. Or movies never being made, and also trees being out of place in certain areas. Even the mountains here are higher then I remembered them, and I've lived here for a long time to notice any change.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join