It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Prophesy End Time Marker

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I really like this thread. Great job providing several versions of the same passage. From this it's evident that there will be a time of false security and peace directly before all hell breaks loose, and the sad thing is I believe this time has already come and passed. I think that we are now decending quickly from this time of security into the time where chaos is unleashed (in whatever means it chooses).

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by pureevil81

pureevil81 said: "name some contradictions please? "

I would be happy however space does not permit. May I suggest you have a look at THIS SITE for a start. Also, just go to google and type in Bible Contradictions - you will be flooded with results.

No, it is not something someone told me. I have formally studied the Bible and other religious doctrines in an unbiased and academic way.

Trust me, if you knew what I know about how the Bible came about I seriously doubt you would be questioning me.

But that is the whole problem. Most people are either too lazy, too scared, or too dull to question what the church says, what the Bible says and what anyone else says.

[edit on 20/7/08 by WatchNLearn]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

Hi miriam0566,

My post was not gratuitous, nor a bible bash. It was to remind people that before they get all excited and flustered about the impending dooms day "because the bible says so" that it should be taken in context.

Why is it ok to stir up fear in people by telling the world will end, or world war 3 is around the corner?

If you heard someone saying the world was going to end because they read in a book that Darth Vader was coming to enslave and murder everyone – would you chuckle to yourself and walk on, or would you feel a certain sense of responsibility to tell people that it is fiction, and they do not need to fear?

But then again I guess you wouldn’t. After all, many fundamentalist Christians banned their children from reading Harry Potter? Why? If they are so strong in their beliefs and convictions they would not need to fear a work of fiction. Screams volumes don’t it…

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchNLearn
reply to post by pureevil81

No, it is not something someone told me. I have formally studied the Bible and other religious doctrines in an unbiased and academic way.

Trust me, if you knew what I know about how the Bible came about I seriously doubt you would be questioning me.

[edit on 20/7/08 by WatchNLearn]

Well, I have done exactly the same and come to the exact opposite result.

There is one basic fact people like you fail to realize, and that is if God wanted the Bible to be his word to the masses, he has the power to protect the purity of it. And so to not believe in the word of God means you deny God himself. Religious doctrines can be picked apart because many beliefs are a flawed and not the real truths of the bible.

But again that is not what this thread is about, either you have faith in the posted passage or you don't.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchNLearn
My post was not gratuitous, nor a bible bash. It was to remind people that before they get all excited and flustered about the impending dooms day "because the bible says so" that it should be taken in context.

i made a post about the mystery of the trinity. when i wrote it, i had a specific audience in mind. it would be absolutely pointless for an atheist with no curiosity in the validity or invalidity of the trinity to post about a subject that is not being talking about.

we are discussing the details of a passage that may or may not apply to today. whether you believe in the bible or not is inconsequential. literally it doesnt matter, if you are interested in the passage and have something you want to add, then add it. going on about how in your opinion the bible isnt true is off topic.

you want to discuss the validity of the bible? create a new thread, id be happy to post in it.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

Bible was written rewritten added subtracted yet there have too be some original
And if you need words of the GOD then you have too know the original
Now what creature can do that without direct help of the GOD
And help is the AL QURAN so place the BIBLE with the criterion of AL QURAN
And go back to the way of Moses and Jesus

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I have a thought that perhaps and I say perhaps Bush Jr. before he's out of office he will complete or sow the seeds for what his father Bush Sr. envisioned a New World Order.

As a parallel in Jeremiahs Day the false prophets were saying there is peace when there was not peace [8:8-12] Jeremiah preached for 23 years [23:3] before that was it for God's patience.

1986 was the "United Nations International Year of Peace"

I shall not go any deeper but we are close hang in there.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It looks like the last part of my post is coming true.

Natural respect and how much you are liked can go a long way, with the world community, Bush never had any natural respect or was liked.
These vids show it all.

Bush protestors in America
www.youtube.com...

Bush protestors in England
www.youtube.com...

VS

A short clip of Obama's recent speech in Berlin - with thousands of supporters.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

I just looked at the link that you provided. I haven't read through all of them, but I have to say that these aren't really contradictions. There is nothing on the list that says like, "God created fruit first" then later "God created vegetables first. The closest is the creation of man. But, it's commonly believed that Genesis chapter 2 goes into the creation of man more deeply. Basically, this is a list of things that a believer wouldn't quite understand but once someone is they make more sense.

Tom

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Hi there WatchNLearn....what an interesting signature you have.
"I want something good to die for, To make it beautiful to live."

I have found something beautiful to live for and very good to die for if you are interested.

This is a good thread. I believe that ALL should post here who have something to say. Even the "non-believers" if you will. One never knows what may spark an ounce of faith. Everyone has been given a "measure" of faith. There is always enough to open the hardest of hearts and most closed of minds.

Perhaps a little debate will be good for the soul.

Thanks Blue_Jay33.

~Blessings to all.
~Paula~

p.s. Oh yes, I too believe that Obama will play a significant role in this last time false peace. Wow, what a time to know the scriptures and see them coming to pass, huh? Forget Harry Potter....that is fiction....this is the real deal! Fasten your seat belts folks!!

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong people, I don't think Obama is like the Anti-Christ or something bizzare like that, he is just a guy that has come on the scene at a critical moment in world history, his abilities and talents and most importantly likeability will go a long way toward developing this foretold peace.

Of interest too is that it looks like the democrats will have full control of all three offices Senate, Congress, President. The GOP neo-con war mongering hawk days are done people. And thats whats going to make this peace seem more meaningful this time around, and the world will work with not against the Democrats to achieve it.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Not to burst your Obama bubble but I believe that in the bible it states that there will be a 7 year peace treaty made with Israel. This is one of the clearest signs out there reagarding the end times. So rather than quessing the time, the hour or who the antichrist is I say none of that matters except we must all be on the look out for a 7 year peace treaty with Israel.

Now take that into context. Currentyl there are no peace treaties invoving Israel and Israel is not in any kind of war nor military action that would require a Peace treaty. Furthermore another sign of the end times is that Israel will again begin sacrifices within the temple. Currently Israel has no temple mainly becasue of issues reagrding the temple mount.

My theory is this. It has to get worst before it gets better before it gets worst again. Perhaps what we are seeing in the mideast today is part of the plan. Imagine this Israel Bombs Irans nuclear facilities, Iran retaliates The U.S and other countries get involved and finally Israel and the US gets what it wants control of the Arab world and It's resourses. There is much war in the mideast Israel and it's allies are decimating and totalling controlling their enemies. Israel takes over the templke mount builds it's temple and the word screams for the bloodshed to stop, to stop the violence in the mideast to stop Israel and it's allies from decimating the remainder of the region thus a 7 year peace treaty is put in place which places the temple mount in Israels control in excahnge for Israel and It's allies from controlling other vital arab or muslim religious centers captured during the war.

Just a thought

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by photobug
I believe that in the bible it states that there will be a 7 year peace treaty made with Israel.

im not familiar with this verse, do you know which one it is?

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33

1 Thessalonians 5: 3

3While people are saying, "There is peace and security," then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape."

I don't believe this verse states it accurately.

In the context there are three possibilities for who the "PEOPLE," are that are saying these things.

A) The Jews: In the overall context of the letter there were religious Jews who were going around to the different churches, mostly following behind wherever Paul went, and stirring up the believers against the truth using the law of Moses to deceive them away from their new found faith.

The religious Jews appear to be the main source behind the majority of the tribulation and persecution that the believers in Thessalonika were enduring.

1Th 2: 14 - 16

For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews: Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men: Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins alway: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost.

End:

B) The gentiles: Paul was sent by God to be an Apostle to the gentiles, and there are many references made in the letter concerning them.

While the gentiles did not appear to be attacking or persecution the believers Paul was concerned that they not look to them as examples for how to live their life, but that the believers keep themselves sanctified and holy to God.

1Th 4:2 - 5

For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus. For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication: That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour; Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God:

End:

C) The believers themselves. This is in the immediate context, and their fellow believers are called brothers.

1Th 4:17 - 18, 5: 1

Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

End:

The translators added the phrase, "while people are," but it is their translation and rendering of a single word.

The word itself is translated into the English word, say, saying, speaking, said, speak, called, boasting, spake, give out, say on, etc..

You have to draw a conclusion for the context as to who is doing the saying

Here are a number of different ways the people who are declaring peace and safety are referenced.

(KJV) For when they shall say

(DBY) When they may say

(MNT) While men are saying

(RSV) When people say

(AMP) everybody's walking around complacently

The translators put in for who was saying, they, men, people, everybody, just in these five translations.

This puts a question in my mind as to who is doing all the declaring of peace and safety.

Is it the believers, the gentiles, the religious Jews, or all at the same time?

My own personal view is that it is the religious Jews and those of the same mind set as they were at the time, the ones who turned away so many of the believers, because the single word translated into all these differing phrases in the Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic, is used like one would do in a teaching or presentation.

It is a laying out, or a systematic declaration of a thing like one would do in a teaching.

The people who are saying, peace and safety, are doing it systematically possibly as a deception like religions do with so many ideas such as the trinity or life after death.

My interpretation of who 1 Thessalonians 5: 3 is referencing, as the group of people laying out the idea in words of peace and safety before the day of the lord comes, when updated to our modern day times and way of thinking, it is most likely in my view to be Christian and Zionist fundamentalist preachers.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566

Originally posted by photobug
I believe that in the bible it states that there will be a 7 year peace treaty made with Israel.

im not familiar with this verse, do you know which one it is?

They are making a misinturpetion out of the book of Revelation.

The book of revelation is nearly all symbolisim and it shouldn't be read directly.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by newday

The religious leaders can say whatever they want, their political power has waned to the point that it doesn't matter, this isn't the 15 century. They can join the main declaration for sure, but they don't have any power to make happen, that comes from the political side. Although the one exception could be the spiritual group that is at the UN.

www.csvgc-ny.org...

If you read and understood the book of Revelation you would know that when this declaration finally comes organized religion will be at it's weakest point in all history.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

They are making a misinturpetion out of the book of Revelation.

The book of revelation is nearly all symbolisim and it shouldn't be read directly.

no i was just curious because i never saw any scripture like that.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I understand and I was making a statement. The reason you've never seen scripture like that is that scripture like that doesn't exist outside the context of false church teachings...

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

unfortunately so many thing fall into that category

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   

The trick to fortune is that you have to make your own. This is the neat trick about the unfolding of the story line that is our world as mankind understands it. What would it benifit you for such clear lined expressions to be universally understood? Life is a school and there shall be a final exam after it. For those needing to pass they can not cheat. Those that feel they have a friend with a "cheat sheet" (church teachings) will find their grade is near sunk. However those that pay close attention to the events going on and use their own minds to gain understandings of the unfolding, as long as they truly do this and don't fall into the egotisims and biases, will be found to be awared and moved to the head to the class.

That's assuming your not a teachers assistant already.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join