It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Prophesy End Time Marker

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by newday

newday:

Very good post. I totally agree with you. If we are one in the spirit with God he will give us the knowledge we need when we need it.

Peace to you,

Grandma

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
From Obama's inaugural speech today.

For we know that our patchwork heritage is a strength, not a weakness. We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus — and non-believers. We are shaped by every language and culture, drawn from every end of this Earth; and because we have tasted the bitter swill of civil war and segregation, and emerged from that dark chapter stronger and more united, we cannot help but believe that the old hatreds shall someday pass; that the lines of tribe shall soon dissolve; that as the world grows smaller, our common humanity shall reveal itself; and that America must play its role in ushering in a new era of peace.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
All Obama needs to do is capture Bin Laden right? And with the troop relocations he is doing, it looks like he might be interested in that, more so apparently, than the last president seemed to be. Then he can with false confidence claim that the war on terror (aka the religous war we are in) is almost won...ya know, he just might go ahead and call it over (of course he will be completely overlooking the martyrdom factor, and will be wrong)
But, I would think since he claims to be christian, he would shy away from such statements, but, then again, he never listened to what his preacher was teaching anyways, at least according to him....
But, to your point, it sure seems like the leaders want to claim Peace and Security...however far away from it we are.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
At the end of the day it does not matter whether you or I believe in Bible prophecy.
It doesn't matter who wrote it and if it a work of truth or fiction.

The only truth is that the bible itself is being used to guide people and direct a way of thinking in order to achieve a global objective.

It does not matter if the average person believes, what should be noted is that it is being used like a script from the powers that be and all will eventually come true reguardless of translation.

In the end it will be a battle between what we consider good and bad and it will be up to us to choose which side we are on.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Awesome cross reference for all versions of this verse

bible.cc...

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
A lot of people over the last 2000 years were convinced they were indeed living in end times. That somehow they were special, chosen. And you know what ~ they were. From their perspective the end times DID happen in their generation. They died. And so will we. End Times Indeed.

[edit on 3/10/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I was just looking at a book with many end time predictions throughout
history and none seemed to fit what I think is at least an end time
precursor, they all tell about the end time.

With all the lies the government and media spread, including films
with unreal stories, or untruths ignored without giving a true direction
for the people has to be building up a wall against the truth of the
Lord's goodness and bound to isolate us.

Is it too many laws of one kind and not enough of another kind with
the liars in control for themselves putting up the blockade to reason
sending us into the endgam3 for everyone.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
REMARKS BY THE PRESIDENT
AT THE DEDICATION OF ABRAHAM LINCOLN HALL
National Defense University
Fort Lesley J. McNair

"We also know that the old approaches won’t meet the challenges of our time. Threats now move freely across borders, and the ability to do great harm lies in the hands of individuals as well as nations. No technology — no matter how smart — can stop the spread of nuclear weapons. No army — no matter how strong — can eliminate every adversary. No weapon — no matter how powerful — can erase the hatred that lies in someone’s heart.

So it falls to institutions like this — and to individuals like you — to help us understand the world as it is, to develop the capacities that we need to confront emerging danger, and to act with purpose and pragmatism to turn this moment of peril into one of promise. That’s how we will find new pathways to peace and security. That is the work that we must do.

Now, make no mistake: This nation will maintain our military dominance. We will have the strongest armed forces in the history of the world. And we will do whatever it takes to sustain our technological advantage, and to invest in the capabilities that we need to protect our interests, and to defeat and deter any conventional enemy.....
We have to enlist our civilians in the same way that we enlist those members of the armed services in understanding this broad mission that we have.

Finally, we know that the United States cannot defeat global threats alone. There is no permanent American solution to the security challenges that we face within any foreign nation, nor can the world meet the tests of our time without strong American leadership. And that’s why my administration is committed to comprehensive engagement with the world, including strengthened partnerships with the foreign militaries and security forces that can combat our common enemies. Those partnerships are advanced here, within the walls of this university, where we welcome men and women from around the world to study alongside Americans, to understand our values, to forge partnerships — and hopefully friendships — that contribute to a safer world.
The lesson of history is that peace and security do not come easily.

More talk about peace and security from Obama earlier this month.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by Blue_Jay33]

[edit on 27-3-2009 by Blue_Jay33]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
From from Obama

"The road ahead will be long. There will be difficult days. But we will seek lasting partnerships with Afghanistan and Pakistan that serve the promise of a new day for their people. And we will use all elements of our national power to defeat al-Qaeda, and to defend America, our allies, and all who seek a better future. Because the United States of America stands for peace and security, justice and opportunity. That is who we are, and that is what history calls on us to do once more."

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Oh! Conspiracies! Ahhh! That's what I think. Horrible conspiracies, all around us. Everywhere you look, ahah!, there's another one. Woh!
The sign of the end is the proliferation of end time markers, or things that people want to point at and say, "Look over here!, Surely this is a sign that Jesus is coming!" It is all to distract us and to not keep our eye on the real threat, which is the Image to the Beast who we know is. Of course, the Image of the Beast does not want us to pay attention to him, while he is maneuvering about to grab for power.
It is just like the New World Order, years ago, when they were still far away from completing their goals to set it up and implement it, they would call anyone talking about the New World Order a nut. Now that they have their end in site, they are falling over themselves in the rush to announce THE New World Order. So, the same thing, people have known forever who the anti-christ was and who the Beast is and the image to the beast. The way to get around it, or make it ineffective, is to invent a bunch of end-time theories and promote them, and mean-while ignore the biggest grab for world power the earth has ever known. AND who is behind it! The guy we have known all along was the anti-christ. Meanwhile we are looking over here and over there, checking out the new woopty-do theory.
The real conspiracy theory is who is behind all the theories. Well who gains? The guy we should be looking at, the anti-christ. These people will stop at nothing, including re-writing the Bible, if necessary.
We have a good explanation of the end and who it is that is the villain and it has been around for hundreds of years and it points at the one person who claims to be god on earth and demands that the world recognize his authority. In case you have not figured it out, he calls himself, The Vicar of Christ, in other words, the instead of Christ, or anti-christ.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
From the end of Obama's speech to the Muslim world from Egypt

The Talmud tells us: "The whole of the Torah is for the purpose of promoting peace." The Holy Bible tells us, "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God." The people of the world can live together in peace. We know that is God's vision. Now, that must be our work here on Earth. Thank you. And may God's peace be upon you.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

So, what's your point?
Do you agree with that quote?
The only way I would believe it is, if all the Presidents and Kings and Governors of the world got up and said, "we realize that secular government is not the answer, so we are all stepping down today and the world, from now on, will be run by religious scholars".
That is never going to happen.
They get only more and more greedy for power, daily.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I think Obama is going to take a run at peace in the Middle East.

And I think he might get a measure of success too.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Obama wins the Nobel Peace prize on optimism alone, not on what he has done, but what he will do for peace in the world, interesting. Very unusual, but we live in unusual times.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I smell it coming too.

I've given it quite a bit of thought, but as we all know, it is not to be known, except for signs of the times.

Y'shua blasted those who could tell the weather but who could not see the signs of the times. I'm thinking 2012 may be a catalyst and the fake may come in the spring of the next year...not that I'm in a hurry for it, but I'm kinda of tired of all the bs and am ready to go home anytime He calls.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

Good point, precisely why the modern versions are so damaging, there are zero contradictions in the authorized version, the 1611 KJV.

Satan had to influence men to change a verse here, change some txt there, and now millions of people worldwide think the scriptures are not inspired by the Holy Spirit.

rat poison is 99.99% good food and .01% poison.

Mission Accomplished!

Use the KJV and these concerns vanish.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Just for you

King James Version of the verse

3For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

Not so different

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Great thread. Didn't know it existed from last year. I am convinced that Obama has a big role in end-time prophecy. His name actually means "lightening from the sky" or something along those lines. You know the reference of Lucifer being cast down to earth as lightening comes down from the sky? Interesting indeed.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   

No, no , no, I was not stating that particular verse was different, many are however.

I was pointing that out to the person who said the Bible is full of contradictions, the authorized version has none at all, modern versions have several.

As far as I'm aware only the AV 1611 KJB is translated from the Textus Receptus. All other modern/English versions are translated from the Minority Text.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

This is where you're wrong. Not all of the new bible versions are translated from the minority text. I personally trust the New King James Version over the original King James Version. There are many mistranslations in the original KJV. Acts 12:4 is a good example. The word "Easter" is a mistranslation. The greek word "pascha" is used which is translated "Passover" everywhere else in the NT. Another thing the NKJV does is translate the greek word "hades" in the original toung instead of falsely translateing it as "hell". "Hades" means "the grave". The main thing about bible translations is to know what type of translations there are. The most accurate and best for doctrine is a "literal to literal" translation. This means the translation is word for word to the closest it can be. In order to establish accuracy, the translators italicize words that have been added for clarification. That way, we can better understand that we may be reading the passages wrong. The next type of translation is "meaning to meaning" which alternates the way the text is read to give better understanding in some cases. An example.... literal translations would read: "John baptised the masses" where a "meaning" translation will read "John submerged the masses in water". Means the same thing. "Meaning to meaning" is not recommended for doctrine establishment. It is a good tool for research though. The final type of translation is known as "paraphrased" which basically gives the translator freedom to write what they think is being said in a passage. It is full of bias from people who have a certain way of thinking established. It is good for research and alternate understanding but for doctrine establishment, stick with "literal to literal".

Examples of the translations:

Literal to literal: KJV, NKJV, NWT.

Meaning to meaning: NIV, NRSV, ASB, NASB

Paraphrased: NLT, Amplified bible, NCV.

Just my two cents in it. In conclusion, many new bible versions use the Majority Text.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join