It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Prophesy End Time Marker

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Many scriptures are quoted to talk about the end times, however there is one that is consistantly missed.

1 Thessalonians 5:1-3

I will post it from different bibles so you can get the full scope of it.

English Standard Version Bible
"1Now concerning the times and the seasons, brothers, you have no need to have anything written to you. 2For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3While people are saying, "There is peace and security," then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape."

Amplified Bible
"1BUT AS to the suitable times and the precise seasons and dates, brethren, you have no necessity for anything being written to you.
2For you yourselves know perfectly well that the day of the [return of the] Lord will come [as unexpectedly and suddenly] as a thief in the night.
3When people are saying, All is well and secure, and, There is peace and safety, then in a moment unforeseen destruction (ruin and death) will come upon them as suddenly as labor pains come upon a woman with child; and they shall by no means escape, for there will be no escape."

The Message Bible
"I don't think, friends, that I need to deal with the question of when all this is going to happen. You know as well as I that the day of the Master's coming can't be posted on our calendars. He won't call ahead and make an appointment any more than a burglar would. About the time everybody's walking around complacently, congratulating each other—"We've sure got it made! Now we can take it easy!"—suddenly everything will fall apart. It's going to come as suddenly and inescapably as birth pangs to a pregnant woman."

What does this mean. Well to me it means things will seem to get better just before the whole political system falls apart in destruction.
"Peace and Security" from the war on Terror will at some point be declared in the future as well as other peaceful efforts that seem to be working. So some high up political leaders can declare this to the world and that is the trigger for the end to begin.

I am wondering if Obama could be the catalyst for this "Change" to "Peace & Security" proclamation, as countries seem to favour him and would want to work with him. Whereas Bush and McCain don't seem like the type that would work towards this, they are the war monger types.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by Blue_Jay33]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
hmmmm, i actually have nothing to add here, just wanted to say great post...i hold these same beliefs.

peace

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
If the bible was a legitimate academic and historically accurate piece of literature I would praise your theory. However, the sad fact remains that the bible was written, edited and re-written by men with a personal agenda that suited a purpose pertaining to their own times. The multitude of contradictions in the bible is enough evidence to prove that it was not written or influenced by an all powerful, all knowing omnipotent entity.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

name some contradictions please?

yes the bible has been edited but it sounds like someone told you that and now you think its " da debil"

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Great Scripture.

I like those same translations, BTW.

I don't think Obamma Hussein is going to get it.

And, I think McCain will also be a destructive globalist . . . just not as bad . . . not as Marxist . . . not as clueless . . . MAYBE not QUITE as sold out to the globalists . . . though Soros funding may well indicate otherwise.

At least McCain would be a lot better in the job as Commander In Chief when Russia and China attack.

I hope Believers are relieved of this veil of tears at the moment the AntiChrist declares Peace or before. Some think there will be 3.5 years of a false peace. Peace build on quicksand while the lout consolidates his forces for the final assault on Israel etc.

And, there's the Scripture about him making WAR WITH peace! Fascinating phrase.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchNLearn
If the bible was a legitimate academic and historically accurate piece of literature I would praise your theory. However, the sad fact remains that the bible was written, edited and re-written by men with a personal agenda that suited a purpose pertaining to their own times. The multitude of contradictions in the bible is enough evidence to prove that it was not written or influenced by an all powerful, all knowing omnipotent entity.

is it just me, or is there always a gratuitous bible bashing post in like every thread?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Yes, Miriam!
Thank you for your patience and fortitude in posting when stupid happens!

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

This is not a thread to debate the authorship and validity of the bible. That's for another thread

If you don't believe in it then fine move along there is nothing to see here for you.

However I will say this, when in the future you see something like this on CNN, you might want to rethink your stance on bible prophesy.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Yes, but then the question arises are we now in the time of the false peace or is the truest essance of the "false peace" yet to be realized?

Some people would say the world is at peace at this time.

I've made a point before that there can not be World Wars 1, 2, and 3. For when a world goes to war every break between "world wars" is only a false peace time until the world is at war again. There is only ONE world war. It is the time at which the kingdoms of mankind can start wadging war on eachother, and then only after this is removed or resolved is the time of the world waring over.

So, are we in the end times because we're in the false peace now or is that time yet to come?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
Yes, Miriam!
Thank you for your patience and fortitude in posting when stupid happens!

anything to help

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Giving you the heads up. The wise agree with the reveal here:

-1 Thessalonians -5 (antonym and anagram antonym and 'sound like' translation)

-1Tub of the stime minus the 'land step-sons (or: daughters)', sisters, ye lack any wealth *this* body read away from you.

-2Against your bodies guess (or: knew) perfectly *this* the night of the Lord so depart-th (or: take-th) 'as' a robber out (or: by) the day.

-3Against where they 'I will command' hear, Disturbance minus safety; now gradual creation depart-th down in them, 'as' 'joyfully easy' down in a man with step-child (or: parent); minus they 'I will command' still escape.

Stime-
the smallest bit; a drop, taste, or glimpse.

Stime antonym translation-
the largest bit; a 'pick up', taste, or glimpse.

The Lord is here a single person amonst and shall depart where record must bare by eye-witnesses. Our Lord is us not the devil, but the Lord is a head of the us. After the depart the Lord shall return to hand down karma judgment.

Kiss creation (an image) good-bye and welcome origination (an original). Certain shall escape this existence/world where it's the image ugly and go rather to a better existence/world where it's the original beauty. That beauty you can call it what you want/prefer.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by Mabus]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
i definatly see it being a global declaration.

just the question is how much of deception is it? how genuine is the feeling of peace and security?

it amazes me how many UN plans and initiatives have the actual phrase, "peace and security" in it.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

It is ahead of us.

Some thought that after the Soviet Union fell, Bush 1 New World Order speech was heading towards that, then we got Gulf War 1 & 9/11 and that blew that theory away.

Now we have a total mess in the Middle East.
Just Imagine if Obama gets into power and in fulfillment of bible prophesy reverses all the damage of Bush in the Middle East they are going to really think they have accomplished something toward peace and security, and it will feel more profound because of the last 7 years of non-peace.

This ties into 9/11 as well, if you believe some part of the American government began the war on terror, they can just as easily end it and declare it over and victorious, again "Peace & Security" manufactured for the masses, it's actually not real, just a veneer that looks like peace.

I see the UN heavily involved in this with the Anglo-American powers backing it up.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by Blue_Jay33]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

When you get different views from different people it can appear to be contradictive. But the truth of the matter is that they are all telling the same story, again, just a different view.(i.e. The car flew past. - The red car went speeding speeding by.) Both sentences talk about a car speeding but one talked about the color.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

When you get different views from different people it can appear to be contradictive. But the truth of the matter is that they are all telling the same story, again, just a different view.(i.e. The car flew past. - The red car went speeding speeding by.) Both sentences talk about a car speeding but one talked about the color.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Don't expect "peace and security" for a long, long time. The war on terror is designed to never end as long any Muslims remain alive.
The WOT is a continuation of the Crusades. There might be some peace after WWIII, but there will be precious few left to enjoy it.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

A fair comment, as it appears to be the way we are headed I agree.

Thus the huge surprize when it proclaimed.
But it will be sudden and unexpected like the scripture says "like a thief in the night".

A thief in the night when discovered shocks and suprizes the person who discovers him.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

im sorry, im not sure i understand fully, can you explain?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   

I think what they are saying is how you can hear two different stories of the same event without either being wrong or contradictory. Example:

Person One: I saw a person driving very fast.
Person Two: I saw a person driving very fast in a red car.

The second person's account doesn't contradict the first person's account because the first person never mentioned the color of the car. It's the same story but the second adds more detail.

As to what that had to do with anything you have said in this thread, I have no idea. Just trying to help where I can because you never know if Anonymous posters will return when you ask them a question. In fact, I've only seen it happen once where they return to provide a clarification. lol

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
As to what that had to do with anything you have said in this thread, I have no idea.

thank you,

im not sure what they were rplying to either.....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join