It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Hussein Obama has an Arabic accent?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
So you right wing screw jobs want to rip the guy for liking something other than the Star spangled Banner bashed out of a loudspeaker with a fly by exclusively? Is he not allowed to like other things? I guess it would be silly to ask if any of you have even heard what he talking about. It actually is quite amazing to hear at dusk, coming from a real muezzin from atop the minaret.

Some of you people have alot more in common with the "enemy" than you think. Intolerance - not just for radical Muslim extremists anymore, and coming to a redneck convention near you.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Rook1545]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Yes that is the prayer.

Where you hear it recited it is very beautiful in my opinion. I like how it is almost sung.
Where does it state that a Christian can't appreciate the melodic essence of prayers from other cultures without being labeled a....what is he being labeled as now?

I am not a Muslim.
I like how it sounds.
I don't believe in what it says. And?

Only one to get a heart-attack from that statement lives in a very insular world that is only large enough for a small and closed mind.

I like the sound of Buddhist chanting too.

So sue me.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tomis_Nexis
Say what you want about me and about my intellect, go and complain about my next comment. But you're a racist.

Yet you cannot explain how I am a racist?
You just spew nonesense because you cannot think of anything else to say or refute my points with logic so you resort to calling me names. Pathetic!

Please enlighten us all with your vast wisdom and explain how I am a racist? Even though I already said I have people in mind who I would vote for who are black. Do you even read or do you just have trouble with comprehension?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
How is it that a 'chrisitan' would know this prayer? How is it that he can recite it perfectly as if it was his language? A person must have repeated the prayer over and over and over again to get it so perfectly.

He lived in a Muslim country for 4-6 years as a child. Why WOULDN'T he remember it? He heard it five times every day for 4-6 years. Him being a Christian has nothing to do with it.

I can recite many verses of the bible and I'm not Christian. Some of my favorite songs are the old Christian hymns my mother used to love. I even like to sing them. How is it possible???
I heard them a thousand times and have many good memories linked to them.

Obama said it was ONE of the prettiest sounds... And I have to agree, this sample is beautiful!

Listen

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rook1545
So you right wing screw jobs want to rip the guy for liking something other than the Star spangled Banner bashed out of a loudspeaker with a fly by exclusively? Is he not allowed to like other things?

Yeah, because that is what I said. Exaggerate much?

Do you always ignore the point and just add in your twisted left wing viewpoints and put words in people's mouths? Good grief.

Some of you people have alot more in common with the "enemy" than you think. Intolerance - not just for radical Muslim extremists anymore, and coming to a redneck convention near you.

Again, exaggerate much?

So now I am not allowed to ask questions? I realize you want to silence your opposition but please, get a grip. Oh, and yeah, this is the exact same thing as a Muslim extremist who beheads and burns people then hangs them from bridges.
Good Lord!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I already said I have people in mind who I would vote for who are black.

Enlighten me on who they are.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Tomis_Nexis]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
What's funny is that your link is in total praise of Obama and kind of makes fun of people who are "afraid" of his ability to produce an accent-free Arabic phrase.

But this is not the point. A lot of people can do that.
The point is that he knew the muslim prayer by heart without reading it and also that he sounds like Arabic is his normal tongue. How is it that a 'chrisitan' would know this prayer? How is it that he can recite it perfectly as if it was his language? A person must have repeated the prayer over and over and over again to get it so perfectly. Then he says it's the most beautiful sound on Earth. PUKE! If you were really a christian, I would think a christian song would sound better than a muslim song. Anyway, just piling on the evidence which I believe points to Obama not being 100% truthful about himself.

Enough said. Or maybe I should just say "Religious racist".

Edit, What difference does your point make? Your puke comment...why? Because he's not following your religion? People change religions, what's the big deal with Obama?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I know bickering is more attractive for some people but can you please pass over that and answer my legitimate question below:

Originally posted by lee anoma
Where does it state that a Christian can't appreciate the melodic essence of prayers from other cultures without being labeled a....what is he being labeled as now?

It will help me get an understanding of whether or not to add anything more to this thread.

Appreciated,

- Lee

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
I am not a Muslim.

Same here.

I like how it sounds.

Same here.

I don't believe in what it says.

Same here.

All of you are missing the point. I think is sounds cool also but that is not the point.

Why would Obama, who is a christian, actually go through the trouble to memorize the prayer then learn how to say it perfectly with the correct accent, which must have taken a long time, especially when you supposedly don't believe a word of it since he is a christian.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Once again, what difference does it make?

Edit, I'm sure if Mahmoud Ahmadinejad switched to Christianity and said a little prayer you'd love the guy.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Enough said. Or maybe I should just say "Religious racist".

So I was correct. You cannot point to anything I said which is racist.
You just spew hatred and talking points. Try thinking for yourself once and awhile. It will do you some good.

Because he's not following your religion? People change religions, what's the big deal with Obama?

Do you even know what you post? You make no sense.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Did I reply to you the first time? No. Jump to conclusions much? Seriously pull your head out, you are embarrassing yourself, more than usual.

I never ignored the point at all, but YOU decided to ignore MY point. I will repeat it for you, read it slow so you get it this time. What is wrong with him liking that? Just because it is not your cup of tea, does not make it wrong. Get it that time?

Here are some examples of intolerance that I was pointing, out and not directed at you, until now.

So according to the idiot tha wrote this article, the best choice for president is some little trouble making Jakarta street kid from the broken home of selfish people who couldn't wait for communisim to finally destroy Earths last great hope.

Yup friend you tell the truth and the terrorist lovers pour in. This guy is like a little baby seal, slippery and slimy. If this liberal went telling in my town... Well I'll listen to your warning. Thous liberal moderdators already trying to string me up for speaking truths? This ain't America no more, sometimes I hope the terrorist lovers are rite about the president so we can shut em up alredy. Lock em up and throw away the keys!

bye the way if your down in Hazard county next month there having a liberal hunt with paint guns. Don;t worry they ain't real liberals. If they was then I would us my bucky They also have bbq, terrorist hog tie and the best pie you ever had. All the money is for chairity. Anyhow I don;t even know where you live This is a great post though- Obama that terrorist lover that is a terrorist

And this one is actually from you:

Then he says it's the most beautiful sound on Earth. PUKE! If you were really a christian, I would think a christian song would sound better than a muslim song.

Yeah, shining examples of peace and love.

As far as the muslim extremists being comparable? One quote from this thread already

Don;t worry they ain't real liberals. If they was then I would us my bucky They also have bbq, terrorist hog tie and the best pie you ever had.

Not much difference is there?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Once again, what difference does it make?

Can you read or are you to dense to understand? Which is it? I already explained it and if you cannot understand it then that is your problem. Get over it.

Edit, I'm sure if Mahmoud Ahmadinejad switched to Christianity and said a little prayer you'd love the guy.

Oh, yeah, you got it. You must be the smartest person in the whole world.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

You really get defensive by insulting when your pinned down with no comment to anything I asked you.

Who would you vote that is black? You stated you would but never gave me an answer.

And people change religions. You are the one attempting to spread hate and you're to blind to realize that.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

And you must be the pinnacle of logic.

Edit, I salute Rock on his last post.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rook1545
Did I reply to you the first time? No. Jump to conclusions much?
Here are some examples of intolerance that I was pointing, out and not directed at you, until now.

Well I guess that is what happens when you do not say who you are replying to. Am I a mind reader? You posted in the thread I started and made a post. So of course naturally I am going to assume it was meant for me.

Perhaps next time, reply to someone specifically instead of hoping people can read your mind in order to find out who you were addressing. So stop embarrassing yourself and try to be specific next time. Good grief!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Notice how the OP always steers away from what people post.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Who would you vote that is black? You stated you would but never gave me an answer.

Condoleezza Rice
Colin Powell
Michael Steele

Those are some you might recognize. There are more who you probably never heard of.

And people change religions. You are the one attempting to spread hate and you're to blind to realize that.

I am not speading anything except making a point from a story.
So you keep saying he changed religions, so is he a muslim or a christian in your opinion?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Notice how the OP always steers away from what people post.

Yeah, that's why I have answered all your questions.
Please stop with your falsehoods or leave the thread.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

And you must be the pinnacle of logic.

Glad we agree.

Seriously, it's obvious that I have more logic in my little finger then you do in your entire body. Look, please stop with the sly comments or move along to another thread.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join