It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name whispered in the morning

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Last night we had a terrible weather and i was woken out of a bad dream. I woke my self up and calmed myself down enough to return to sleep but just as i shut my eyes for the second time i swear i heard my name being whispered in my ear. I know it seems crazy and i didnt want to say anything because the voice didnt sound harmful at all, but the truth is it scared me so much I had to search and see if anyone else had experienced the same thing. I just know i wasn't dreaming but when i looked around my room nothing appeared to be out of place. Please say im not going insane.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

Last night we had a terrible weather and i was woken out of a bad dream. I woke my self up and calmed myself down enough to return to sleep but just as i shut my eyes for the second time i swear i heard my name being whispered in my ear. I know it seems crazy and i didnt want to say anything because the voice didnt sound harmful at all, but the truth is it scared me so much I had to search and see if anyone else had experienced the same thing. I just know i wasn't dreaming but when i looked around my room nothing appeared to be out of place. Please say im not going insane.

No, you're not insane.

You are creating a problem for yourself by not considering the simple fact, that there are more dimensions than we can normally sense and are normally discussed on a daily basis.

I believe quantum mechanics has proved there are about ten dimensions to reality. but they are curled to 10x to -34, or a similarly small number.

Nachmanides and Maimonides both surmised back around 100 ad, that there were ten dimensions to reality, but only 3 were knowable not counting time.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
That happened to me this morning. I wasn't needing to awake at a certain time this morning. I don't recall the time, but it was early morning before the sun was up. Just one time that my name was whispered in my bedroom. I answered with a "what" thinking it was my wife, looked over and she was in a deep sleep, I waited for a moment to see if she would say my name, and nothing. Very strange indeed, especially since the voice was not my wife's.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

" Maybe thats the supernatural-beings way of saying "hello! message for you"

We can only figure out who these spirits are, by how they act.

By that I mean, hearing a voice before the phone ringing, unless it saved a life or was of great importance, seems to me to be to be of dubious character.

Whereas a simple bed shaking or a hello like I got, seems rather benign. Does that make sense to you?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Some real fascinating posts here, and i'd like to share my own 'spirit voice' experience. The spoken sound I hear is always the same...a husky whispered female voice from just behind my shoulder that I will always react to now whenever I hear 'her' as when 'she' speaks to me it has always been to prevent me from harm

The most memorable moment 'she' spoke to me was whilst walking down a surburban street in the city where I lived.

As I was walking to the tram-stop, my mind on other things, 'she' suddenly said in a harsh whisper "Turn around!" and as I did so, saw three masked youths some 50yds and closing and running at full pelt from behind me intent on mugging me.

If I hadn't listened to 'her' I would have ended-up being hit from behind and robbed, but 'she' gave me warning enough to take to my heels and outsprint them to safety

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Interesting...

Before I've fallen asleep, I've heard a female voice say my name.
This has happened quite a few times...and I am usually very much awake when I hear it.
It never really made me feel uncomfortable, either... mainly because I question myself if I literally heard it, or if I just THOUGHT I did.
I'm not sure what to think of it.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by toasted

Whereas a simple bed shaking or a hello like I got, seems rather benign. Does that make sense to you?

perfect sense. I do think we´re emotionally equipped to tell the difference between the two.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Something around here just whispers "hey you" never by my proper name just "hey you".It isn't a scary voice it is feminine and unfamiliar it is amusing more than anything.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Recently I was scheduled to catch a flight in the morning. I was awoken by a voice whispering my name in a most pleasant way.

This is not the first time this is happened to me. Everytime it does happen it happens in the context of me needing to wake up in the morning. It often happens when I forgot to set my alarm clock.

Its nothing psychotic like being terrorized by voices but a pleasant, gentle, slightly humorous tone which calls me by the name I had in my childhood (a short version of my name). The tone is like a whisper into my ears, audible not in the waking-state but in a half-sleep state.

Ive noticed if I dont respond to it and instead go back to deep sleep, phones start ringing, people start calling or some other noise starts up.

In all instances it turned out that waking up at the time I was woken up by that whisper was helpful or beneficial and that something would have gone downhill had I not woken up at that time.

Because of the benevolent nature of these whispers I conclude that its "someone" watching over me, my higher self or some aspect of myself for example.

Anyone experience something similar?

This is interesting, I was living overseas nearly a year ago.
I was sleeping in the late morning (having woken up, done some things, then returned back to bed).
While I was still trying to get back to sleep a sharp whispered voice spoke my name, right next to my ear.
I was sleeping on my back and I fully woke up with a jolt!
Nothing was there and I wasn't scared for I didn't feel the whisperer was a danger, but I was quite startled by it.
It never happened again though.
I often wonder what or whom it might of been?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Randall Flagg
Something around here just whispers "hey you" never by my proper name just "hey you".It isn't a scary voice it is feminine and unfamiliar it is amusing more than anything.

Maybe a flirtatious lifeform. Ever try responding to the voice?

[edit on 1-10-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

I ocassionally wonder too.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I think i've had a similar experience. Like someone whispering right in your ear.

Only thing is- it's happened to me not just when i was falling asleep or waking up but also during the day- at work, like someone whispering. It's not just my name either, it could be other things.

Does it sound like they are far away, and if you try to hear them clearer, it doesn't get clearer, and sometimes stops altogether?
'Cause it's sometimes like that with me.

It doesn't happen often to me though and i don't think i'm going mad- i hope not anyway.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Hello Sky

Just curious. Is the name you were called when you were younger, done so by a passed relative?

Peace

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand

Hello Sky

Just curious. Is the name you were called when you were younger, done so by a passed relative?

Peace

It used my childhood name as used by my parents when I was younger. However, my deceased grandparents did not use that short-version of my name but the long one.

So...no.

It didnt have the "feel" of being a deceased being either but of being some time of guidance...to wake up and catch a flight.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Hello again Sky and thank you for your answer.

My story begins around 4 years ago. I am 34 y.o. I had a pretty normal childhood with my parents and a younger sister. My parents are still together, so never had to suffer any trama in that regard, though my father was pretty rough when I was young (didn't know how to deal with kids very well and yelled alot), but other then that it was normal.

A few years prior to this happening, I had lost 3 close relatives in the matter of about a year and a half, one being my sister to drunk driving and that messed me up pretty bad, although I didn't recognize it. I was back to work a few days after she had passed thinking I was being strong.

I have always believed anything was possible, but never had anything "supernatural" happen to me. I was a bible thumper in high school by my own choice (wasn't raised in church) and a zealot. I went to a Vineyard Church at the time (Non-Denominational) and afterwords left, due to finding "the world" at 21. I'm a musician and toured for a while then got married at 25. I kept my faith, but was living the rock star lifestyle, sex, drugs and rock and roll. I wasn't ready for marriage honestly and screwed that up and was divorced by 28. After that I made a clean break and moved from northern Nevada to San Diego where my sister lived.

I was down here 4 months and then my sister got killed, then my uncle and my grandfather all in about a year and a half's time. This took it's toll on me, though I still didn't know it.

One night in 2004 a buddy was at my apartment and was in my room resting, we had done some partying. We had bought these "Spy ear" devices, cheap kids toys, but we are goofy and were having fun. Anyway, my buddy was in my room and I was returning some emails for work. He had his spy ear in and was dozing, when next thing I know he comes out of my room all freaked out. He told me, "Dude I was sitting in your room and I started hearing a voice". I was thinking, "yeah ok". He said, "No I'm serious, it was freaking me out". He looked pretty freaked so I said, "Are you serious". He left my house it freaked him out so bad. He told me it was a very low voice that almost sounded like chanting. I didn't hear anything and thought it must of been the alcohal and the late hours.

About 3 weeks go by and my girlfriend had just started living with me. I hadn't thought of it since. My girlfriend and I had gone to the store, when out of no where I started hearing a radio, like a walkie talkie and voices on it, but I couldn't make out what was being said. We are sitting in the car, and I'm looking at my girl thinking she is going to say she hears it too, but she looked at me like I was crazy.

I'm smiling at her going, "where is it?". She says, "what?". "Ha ha very funny, where is it"? I said. This time, she says, "What are you talking about?" So a third time I ask and I'm starting to get freaked out. "She says are you being serious?"

She couldn't hear it. I got so freaked out, I made her open her mouth because I thought the sound was coming from her direction and that she was pranking me. She started to get worried and I could tell she really didn't know what I was talking about and was worried.

This went on the whole week. With in a weeks time I went from normal guy, to super paranoid freak. At first it was this radio sound, then I could hear voices on the radio, but couldn't make out the words, though they sounded recognizable, just really low. Now my girl is getting really worried and so am I. I always believed things like this could happen, but never thought it would happen to me.

As a musician, I know certain things of waves and sound and within a weeks time, I was thinking my girl worked for the CIA and had planted something on me. I literally was going crazy. I am a rational person and could not for my life figure out why this was happening to me. I began searching high and low for anything that could explain this to me. I found all kinds of stuff on LFE and other frequency weapons and thought, this has to be it. I was never into conspiracies and didn't even know anything about them, but I knew in my rational mind there had to be an explanation for these occurrences. My girlfriend had assured me bless her soul, that she didn't work for the government and would stick by me to figure this out and she did.

Now we are a few months into it and this is going on non stop. I never thought something spiritual, because...I was a Christian and the Devil can't touch me so it didn't even cross my mind, plus it was only happening to me.

By now I had grilled my girl so many times, I can not believe she loved me and stayed. Any normal person would of said Adios long before, but she didn't. I still don't know why. I had run every scenario from my friends putting me on reality tv to a secret plot to destroy me. I was going loony.

By now the sounds were clear and I was starting to see things. Shadow people, cartoon people, bugs, animals, alien animals, Knomes, fairys, Giants, dinosaurs and things I can't even describe...I'm not joking and I know I sound crazy, but I still knew I wasn't. I had no history of mental illness in my family and I, as far as I knew was of a rational mind, still being able to determine reality from vision. By this time, I was calling on Jesus, God, anyone, but it would not stop. The more I said Jesus, the worse it got.

Now we are two years in and this has never stopped. I could always hear since the start, people talking back and forth, but one day they addressed me. Two years in and I have not gone to a doctor and I am dealing the best I can, but scared to death as my spiritual background was a Joke to these things...literally. After they addressed me, they began doing it all the time, but these were not nice voices. They would, when they knew I was listening, which I couldn't stop doing, tear me a new one. They began breaking me down, everything I did. I was so scared, I actually thought at one point I had died and was in hell.

These voices would be nice sometimes, but rarely, just enough to suck me in, then the beating would start again. Breaking my actions down, and not only that, every thought as they can read your mind. Imagine going psychotic. Actually don't it isn't pleasant.

To be continued...

[edit on 2-10-2008 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

The most interesting and significant post on this thread so far. Excellent. I have a lot to say but will withhold comment until youve finished telling your story and Ive had some time to think about it from different angles . I´ll post later and look forward to reading more.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
There is an interesting story about the Palazzo Grassi (Venice).
It seems there is a "spirit" - a young girl, or so they suspect - who is in the habit of calling female employees of the museum (located in the palace) by their first names.
(She only called out a male employee's name once, and that was a very special circumstance; he claims it saved his life.)

I was a little hesitant before adding this piece of "trivia", because personally I don't think we're dealing with "spirits" of deceased people here - or at least I don't think (not at all) that was the case when it happened to me.

Still, I like that story so much that I succumbed to the temptation...

You can find it in A. Toso Fei's book VeneziaEnigma.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I didn't recognize any of these voices either, so there was no comfort what so ever. I'm siting there every time hoping my sisters voice would pipe up, even though in my "christian" mind, I didn't believe she could talk to me, but I wanted to believe anything by this point. Anything that would be comforting as it was day in day out of these voices and shadows tearing me apart.

Then one night I had a dream with my sister in it. It was so real, I can still see her. We were siting in a subway sandwich shop. Her, my Dad and I, in my dream, had just got done surfing (we did this a lot in real life) and had stopped for a bite. I was on one side of the table and my sis and dad were on the other, when I realized my sister wasn't really there, because she had died. She looked at me with a stern face to not get upset, so my dad wouldn't figure it out. The tears began to well up and I had to turn away, so my father wouldn't see me crying. He was unaware of anything, but was sitting there happy, but my sis knew I knew and kept staring at me with that look. Not a mad look, she just didn't want my dad to get upset. We hadn't said anything and she knew I was so upset, then she said "if you could only see" and smiled. I woke up instantly in tears and was messed up the whole day. I could hear her voice from the dream repeating that phrase all day. It was the first bit of comfort I had had In almost 2 and a half years as I never really dealt with her death. I had to watch my parents bury their baby and had never realized how bad I was screwed up till that dream.

The voices in the mean time were working me day and night. I lost my job, lost my friends, then my dad had a stroke. I couldn't understand why all of this was happening. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what I had done to deserve this, as I had never done anything really bad in my life. I was always fair with people I thought and a nice guy and liked by everyone.

Now it's 3 years in, and the voices are beginning to mellow on the mental tear down, which was none stop from the time they addressed me. Of course, this whole experience had forced me to re look at my beliefs as every preconceived christian notion I had was garbage. I knew in my heart, that if you truly searched God out, he would not leave you and this is his salvation to me. The voice began showing me what had to take place in order for me to see truth. Every word that was judging me, were my own words. This voice can bring up anything and I mean anything and play it for me like it's playing a record. It began showing me all of the times I had judged others and the whole time was turning my words back on me. All of the mean things that were so crappy, I had said every one of them. It was my voice tearing me apart.

You think this is a head trip. This voice would show me where I had lost things keys, money. It has told me what is wrong with my car after breaking down, something I had no idea about (EGR Valve and Intake Manifold carbon blockup) I know how to change oil that's about it.

It would tell me to pick people out of crowds giving me complete descriptions of the person and there clothes before I even knew they were in the crowd to give them messages.

I have seen the past in glimpses, Christs Crucifiction, a school in the mountains where orange light eminates out in balls of the same color and races through the mountains to enter into people like "cocoon".

I have seen the earth in a total different configurations (plural) from today, but the same planet. I have seen the Dinos, which were not animals, but Intellegent beings smarter then you and I put together and the ones you and I see are the little ones.

I have seen armies perched in the skys waiting for the "sound".

I have seen cities that were HUGE in the past, but were way more futuristic then today.

I have seen Zombies or zombie like people in the mid west coming up out of Silos killing anything they can find...I don't even know what to say, because I could not possibly relate all I have seen in vision and in dream.

The most amazing by far are these warriors. They are dressed in an armor that breaths. The metal is liquid and they are covered from head to toe. There faces change from a man, to a lion, to a reptile, to an eagle and back again whose weapons are swords with the brightest metal I've ever seen, like pure light.

I have seen beings with 6 eyes black as the darkest dark.

I have seen Giant spiders crawling the skys and webbing the stars.

I have seen the floor open up and billions of worms come up, or what appeared to be worms.

I have seen a city with walls as high as the sky and as long as you can see, with three portals, like the old bank tubes, that decend into a multi layer pit, with lizard men and tridents standing on the perimiters guarding the pit. Next to the pit is a mountain that was dug from the pit.

I can say beyond the shadow of a doubt. God is Real. He is nothing you expect him to be. Christ is his judge and will judge every soul till they are "level".

A word to Christians or anyone professing salvation of any kind. Live what you say. If you are preaching and not living, he will meet you, when you least expect and you will not know who he is and as he says, "Out of your own mouth do you judge yourselves". He does not judge from your precepts, he judges in righteousness. Let your Yes be yes and your no be no. I tell you this in truth if you believe nothing else. You do not want to meet him as the lion...so I beg you, do right to one another because this is All he is concerned with. None of the doctrines we have are his law. His law is justice and that is it. If you will test this, you will see. He says, "you will be thrown into prison and will not be set free till every last farthing is paid". I testify to you this IS THE TRUTH.

Sorry not trying to preach, but if you learn anything from my story, please be good to each other for your own sakes or you will learn to fear the Lord. Don't think, you are above it, you will learn the hard way...be good to one another.

In all of the sincerity of my heart I tell you and am held at bay even now. He searches every word, every action, every thought. Even what you think you have, will be taken away. The words are truth and I tell you as I have witnessed it.

Peace

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Thank you Sky. I'm sorry I took up so much of your thread. Please forgive me if I did, but it is kinda hard to tell the story unless I tell "the super compressed" version of it. I hear non stop. I am being addressed even as I type this. Thank you again...peace to you

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Thanks for sharing. Very interesting. Peace to you.

I would like to respond to this but it will take a while.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join