It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The HAARP Myth

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
There are several facts that point to HAARP being nothing like what it is portrayed as here. Why must every government project be labelled as a weaponry/ weather manipulation expereiment? Why is it that HAARP is said to be involved in every major natural disaster? Natural disasters are called "natural disasters because they are......natural.

So anyway here is a few of the myths and facts about HAARP

Myth- HAARP caused the China earthquake
Fact- No, tectonic activity caused by the Phillipine plate moving against the Eurasian plate caused the earthquake. In fact earthquakes have been occuring since the dawn of time.....HAARP since 1990

Myth- HAARP caused the colourful clouds seen before the earthquake
Fact- No, diffraction of sunlight by water and ice particles caused it. It is a well known atmopsheric phenomenen known as iridescence. Link at bottom of page

Myth- HAARP is a secret, secure miltary site
Fact- Apparently alaskan residents can drive right up to the compound, not very secretive is it? And if you visit the official HAARP website, there are web cams operating that can be viewed. Apparently there is an open house every year as well

Myth- HAARP is a weapon used to disrupt/ destroy enemy satellites or spacecraft using high frequency radio beams to transmit large masses of power
Fact- Again no. HAARP only generates 3.6MW of power, which is much less than than the energy that the earth and the ionosphere recieve from the sun. Hardly a spacecraft disabling level

Myth- HAARP caused the Burma Cyclone
Fact- No, a moist tropical air mass fed by evaporation from the ocean and subsequent latent heating, combined with strong steering in the tropopause created the Burma Cyclone. Again nothing abnormal for this part of the world. Again cyclone records go 100's of years back.....far before HAARP was even thought about

Myth- HAARP is a weather manipulation machine/weapon/tool/ experiment
Fact- No, HAARP is a scientific experiment ot study the behaviour of the Earths ionosphere, which lays far above the troposphere where all of the Earths weather takes place

Myth- HAARP lifts the ionosphere with a super powerful radio beam containing microwaves, which rebound back to earth, sending powerful elctro magnetic waves back to earth penetrating everything
Fact- Had to laugh at this one.....again it only emits 3.6MW. Should also mention that any heating of the ionosphere dissipates quickly....usually for the same amount of time as it has been heated

Myth- HAARP is a concoction of the US miltary, designed as a weapon
Fact- Well actually its a part of a network of ionosphere research sites. The Russians have "Sura" which is equally as powerful as HAARP. The Norwegians also have one in Tromso and there is also one in Puerto Rico

Now all this is from what I have read. Many of you may not have heard of some of these or I may have missed some, so feel free to add anything I have missed or debate anything you disagree with

References
en.wikipedia.org...

www.haarp.net...

www.haarp.alaska.edu...

www.crystalinks.com...

www.fiu.edu...

www.atoptics.co.uk...

[edit on 3/7/2008 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Thanks for the info on this one. There is an article in the current issue of Popular Science about HAARP in case anyone else wants to check it out.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Why must every government project be labelled as a weaponry/ weather manipulation expereiment? Why is it that HAARP is said to be involved in every major natural disaster?

A guy named Robert Wauchope explained this in a book titled "Lost Tribes and Lost Continents", in 1962. Highly recommended reading.

Bottom line: Some people want to be an expert on something. Not something that can be proven; nuclear physics, chemistry. Too much dismal dreary tedious checking of facts and mathematics and writing.

The fast way to become an expert is to become an expert on things that can't be proven right or wrong. State your unproveable theorem as gospel truth. Demand that traditional science prove you wrong. Pretend that failure to refute proves your theorem true. Instant expertise - in the eyes of the truly stupid.

Explains everything you read about pyramids, Atlantis, UFOs, MIBs...

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
A voice of intelligence in the wilderness! PRAISE BE! No, seriously, thanks for this. This site needs more people teaching science and less people throwing out random psuedo-science and/or opinions. It's gotten to the point where I read this site as more of comic relief than anything to do with reality. I'll stick with somethingawful.com for humor, please step it up people!

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I'm afraid this'll work about as well your contrail/chemtrail threads, mate. Hope it helps a bit though, that Fulford guy will look at it, he's making the rest of us look bad.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Good Lord Oz. Now you are going to be accused of being a paid HAARP employee here to spew disinformation about it
You must be rolling in cash with all the disinfo agent work you are doing.

Seriously though. Thank you for this information. HAARP is literally up the road from me, but I am pretty clueless on what it is/does. Thanks for your knowledge and making this thread for ignorant people like me (ignorant on the topic)

~Your fellow team mate

p.s. when is our next meeting?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
At first glance I thought the acronym ‘HAARP’ looked similar to the word ‘harp’, which is a stringed instrument. Only HAARP has an extra letter ‘a’. I’d imagine the wavy patterns in the skies (or similarly to the ripples upon the surface of the water) are produced by angels playing their ‘harps’.

[edit on 2008-7-04 by pikypiky]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
ya...CBC reports and U.S patents...
no official sources there huh?

...this is laughable.
Gakona is a smoke screen
look to fairbanks and fox

THE N.W.O IS REAL AND IN CONTROL

stop trying to convince us that we are crazy or mis-informed.

look at the world ....... does this all seem normal to you?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maya432
ya...CBC reports and U.S patents...
no official sources there huh?

...this is laughable.
Gakona is a smoke screen

Do you live in Alaska - specifically near or in Fairbanks?
What exactly should be looked at there?

Curious, because I live there

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
www.fcdas.noaa.gov...

sorry its nothing concrete here but I know I have some more in my
overloaded folder...sigh...I`ll find it....

this post from BlasteR
www.abovetopsecret.com...&colorshift=yes
"
I've been doing alot of research into these facilities up here for about 4 months now but I have so much more to do... Some of the politicians up here are even suspicious of the HAARP facilities and what it all means. It's scary to say the least when you consider what HAARP is actually capable of. It's the perfect weapon, and it is also hidden under the veil of atmospheric/auroral research. What a perfect cover!! Especially given the high volume of satellite tracking stations up here.

Being able to build a site such as HAARP on such a remote site gives military and civilian contractors a huge veil of secrecy (much like area 51). Which also gives these researchers ample freedom to use the equipment how they wish and monitor the results from other atmospheric research facilities throughout the state. Given the geographic location of the primary HAARP facility, it isn't so crazy to imagine many of these facilities further north (like the ones here near Fairbanks) monitoring and coordinating research projects. Especially since HAARP is designed for "auroral research" when most of the auroras up here are much further North around the Arctic Circle .

Unless, of coarse, the entire HAARP project is a resarch-cover for covert military research. The military is going to use anything at it's disposal for a weapon. They tried to legalize weather manipulation for military purposes a couple of years ago even though they knew it was illegal. Their requests were shot down in Congress. Meanwhile, we have a massive black-budget of which there is virtually no oversight. To think the military would not be interested in such a devastating weapon is obsurd. In fact it all makes quite good sense..

-ChriS "

this is very interesting too
www.abovetopsecret.com...

look...considering the nature of the N.W.O,
can you blame us for not trusting "them"

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
It's the "perfect" weapon? Hey! I'm an American! I personally think it's GREAT that WE have the perfect weapon. Means we win doesn't in? WHOO! We got the power-up and won the game! ............ Huh?

Edit: The sad thing is this, had the Internet existed 65 or so years ago, there MAY WELL have been people like you posting about the Manhattan Project and talking about how EVIL it was. Thank God for the late advent of the Internet, eh?

[edit on 4-7-2008 by Zenagain]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

...this is laughable.
Gakona is a smoke screen

This coming from someone that uses rense.com, youtube and conspiracyarchive.com as a resource? Get out into the real world and do some PROPER research. At least I went to an anti HAARP website as well as a pro HAARP website.

Especially since HAARP is designed for "auroral research" when most of the auroras up here are much further North around the Arctic Circle .

No HAARP is an ionosphere research program. Yes aurora does occur in the ionosphere, but HAARP is no specifically researching it. It has no where near enough power to have an adverse affect on the ionosphere.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

and where do you suggest I go...fox news cnn
the us government
WAKE UP MAN

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
So what do you think the well publicized 'military applications' are Oz? Communication with subs in the short band?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Praise be the Lord - someone had to say it.

There is no HAARP, or certainly at the level or capability that some people believe it's at (I.e. China earthquake).

Breifne

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

and where do you suggest I go...fox news cnn
the us government
WAKE UP MAN

If you really want to do unbiased research then investigate both sides of the argument. Dont listen to people like rense (who have no idea what they are talking about) and even go far as to attend the HAARP open day which happens every year. I also suggest you research meteorology, the ionosphere and high frequency radio waves.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
my problem w/ HAARP and other such projects is not based in myth. it is based in nature. when you start experimenting w/ things in nature that have never been before, you are not only risking negatively affecting nature, but you are risking affecting humankind and everything in between. these things should not be allowed to happen unless everyone on earth has a say so in it since we are all sharing this planet. this planet does not belong to a select handful REGARDLESS how much money they have or what experiments they think will benefit us all.

scientists are given far more freedom to experiment w/ dangerous things than should be allowed. i am all for the advancement of science, but i think things of this scale should be contemplated and decided upon by ALL.

in all fairness... when it comes to nature, i think we should just LET nature rule.. lol that is just me. disasters and such happen for a reason.... it is the natural population control.

just remember, we ALL reap what THEY sow.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
At first glance I thought the acronym ‘HAARP’ looked similar to the word ‘harp’, which is a stringed instrument. Only HAARP has an extra letter ‘a’. I’d imagine the wavy patterns in the skies (or similarly to the ripples upon the surface of the water) are produced by angels playing their ‘harps’.

[edit on 2008-7-04 by pikypiky]

Lol, oh yeah

Anyway there is a project HARP, here's a link for you

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
I'm afraid this'll work about as well your contrail/chemtrail threads, mate. Hope it helps a bit though, that Fulford guy will look at it, he's making the rest of us look bad.

Lol, have a little faith mate

The purpose is to educate

Its not often that you get many threads round here that are defending HAARP

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join