It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO South East England 16/06/08 12pm

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Guys ufo get recorded every day now days ... check this one out from Britain

[edit on 16-6-2008 by 123space]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 123space

Dude, what the heck are you saying in your post?

It doesn't make any sense, are you drunk? It's okay if you are, I'm just curious.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Interesting video.

Yeah i agree that every day more and more vids are coming out that are hard to explain. Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Thats not bad. If only you could have had some zoom.

so it's apears that you are fliming in your car at the time? were you shooting throught the window, or was the window open or what?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Star and flag if for no other reason than to bring attention to it and get some other points of view in here. I've no clue what that is - certainly unidentified and certainly a good video. You have to sit patiently through the first few moments as it seems the guy shooting it is trying to focus a cheap video camera through a pair of binoculars... he does eventually get it in frame and then it starts paying off.

It could, potentially be a balloon, but as he says in the video (and you can hear it), there's quite a breeze. I wouldn't expect a balloon to linger so in such a breeze.

However - it also appears he's inside (the last few seconds of the video). I could be mistaken about that. But if he's inside, then the breeze is likely him blowing on the microphone and the object is a balloon...

I dunno.

edit to add: It seems he is in his car and you can hear road noise and the like (occasionally) - so it would seem he's in his car with the windows down and the breeze we here is legit.

Good find OP. I'm still interested in hearing others opinions.

[edit on 16-6-2008 by memoir]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
my famly all saw the same thing above thanet on the south east coast ...it was very white and very high up and moving slowly then fast then stopping

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I do like the way it is stationary enough for him to aim the camera through the binoculars... thats no small feat alone!

As for the object ? very unusual indeed. Flagged from me - because this really is a video more folks should see.

Oh and a shamless bump for you too.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It's probably a drone being tested.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I too saw something very similar just 2 days ago. I live in Yorkshire in the North of England. I was walking my dog with my wife. We both agreed it was not a balloon as it was too high and low level coluds were passing in front of the object, it just seemed to hang there? after a while it did slowly move into the distance. I had my cell phone on me but the video camera would not pick up the object. At the same time there was also an object passing over head that was flashing it could have been an air craft but it seems strange to see air craft in daylight that have no contrail and that has a visible light? I discounted the sun reflecting off the air craft as it was to uniformed in frequency. some thing is definately going on its becoming easier and easier to spot these objects / ufo's.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
looks to be a 'lobed' style object (in his other videos, part 4). love when these change shape... hah.

- serinx

www.rense.com...

video.google.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I tried posting anonymously...hmmm... suppose I should join.

looks to be a 'lobed' style object (in his other videos, part 4). love when these change shape... hah.

- serinx

www.rense.com...

video.google.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Star & Flagged just for that guys effort to film it through binoculars - good effort!

His reactions are very genuine so I would be inclined to believe him when he said he didn't think it was a balloon after watching it a while - I'm no expert but if he's looking at it through binocs and it's still that wee would it likely be a balloon at that height?

Unless it was a scientific balloon carry out weather experiments or whatnot... be interesting to hear if there were any other local people spotted also..

Well done!

Berth

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I, for one, will help humanity and I shall buy an HD camcorder WITH a tripod - I will then proceed to hunt for UFOs. It sucks having to watch all these shaky videos. Not a terrible video, but it can honestly be anything. Reference point?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I tried Videoing and photographing through binocs.... not an easy thing to do! lol

I may sound a little percise but,

This looks to me like a foil yellow mylar balloon of a number 2 viewd from the side.

I videod a yellow foil mylar balloon of a number 3 and the colour and the way the sun hits it its absoloutly identical to this object.

its just hanging there in the wind

infact I would say I'm 90% shure thats what this is.

one of these...if you rotate it horizontaly 90 deg

they light up in the sun just like it.

great Video though!

I've taken manny Videos of mylar balloons that I was convinced it was some sort of E.T. craft

Keep Videoing though!!!! even if you video 1000 mylar balloons, never stop Filming! I do

[edit on 16-6-2008 by TrentReznor]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
my famly all saw the same thing above thanet on the south east coast ...it was very white and very high up and moving slowly then fast then stopping

I live in Thanet mate, and there was a coloured one of the same type last week, over towards richborough way ( i can see most of the coastline from my flat). Didnt have anything to hand to record or photograph it.
Have no idea what it was, wouldnt swear it was anything alien, but was interesting.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
That's very strange...just yesterday I saw something very very similar to that in Vancouver, BC (Canada)...I noticed it around 7 - 7:30 pm....it was a clear and sunny day and when I pointed it out to my friends who were with me they just laughed and when I reached to get my camera and looked back it was gone...I tried searching the sky but I couldn't see it anywhere...it was a bit reflective and it definately did not look like an airplane....it was beside the sun...in that area...we're pretty close to the airport and from my sundeck I have a great view of planes coming and going and you can totally distinguish between different types of aircraft and that wasn't like anything I'd ever seen...and it didn't seem like it was moving at all though...could be nothing or could be something...thought I'd just share...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by memoir

It could, potentially be a balloon, but as he says in the video (and you can hear it), there's quite a breeze. I wouldn't expect a balloon to linger so in such a breeze.

Not much of a breeze - and certaibly nothing to deter balloons. This is the data for stations across SE England at 12.00BST on 16th June:

Langdon Bay (117 m) E 4
Gravesend Broadness (3 m) E 3
St Catherine's Pt (24 m) E 3
Solent MRSC (13 m) S 3
Manston (50 m) E 3
Thorney Island (3 m) SE 3
London City AP (5 m) E 2
Farnborough (64 m) N 2
Southamptom Airport (9 m) SE 2
Herstmonceux (52 m) S 2
Brize Norton (81 m) SE 2
High Wycombe (205 m) N 2
Larkhill (133 m) NE 2
Benson (57 m) N 2
Stansted Airport (106 m) NE 2
Shoreham Airport (2 m) SE 2
London-Gatwick (62 m) E 2
London-Heathrow AP (25 m) NE 2
Middle Wallop (91 m) E 2
Luton AP (160 m) NE 2
Odiham (118 m) NE 2
Bedford (84 m) E 1

(numbers refer to beaufort scale. Data from www.weatheronline.co.uk )

Apart from Langdon, all stations reporting a gentle breeze or less.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Guess we have to up the stakes and go to telescopes instead. My dad had one you could attach a camera to. You could fill up the frame with the head of a soccer stadium light from 500m away.

Interesting, and for once he put up 9 clips of the whole seance. Kudos for persistence

I'm looking forward to hearing what comes out of this.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
You know, I am starting to think that we should call these things IFO'S for we know that they are not ours, but from other planets. The only problem is getting the little bastards inside them to show there little heads.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
36 flags? I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

This is definitely an UFO right now because it is "unidentified", but now we have to try and figure out what it was.

- A balloon
- A government aircraft/drone
- An extraterrestrial vehicle
- Something else of Earthly origin

Giving the quality of the camera, I'm guessing no definitive answer will ever be given. Skeptics will constantly argue that it's a balloon, and hardcore Ufologists will argue it is indeed an aircraft. If only there were more people that shot this and at different angles...then we might be able to come up with a conclusion.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join