It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Weren't Designed To Eat Meat, Here Is Proof

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Danger Girl

So , I take it you Never saw the beginning of the Film " 2001 - A Space Oddity " ? The massive amount of Protein contained in Animal Flesh led Homo Sapians to develope bigger Brains , thus excellerating their Evolution . Without Meat Eating , Man more than likely would have became Exstinct .

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

So , I take it you Never saw the beginning of the Film " 2001 - A Space Oddity " ? The massive amount of Protein contained in Animal Flesh

There is much more protein, that's easier to digest in beans and lentils.
Meat is actually far more notable for the amount of Fat that it has.

Contemporary chicken for instance is more than 50% fat.
since when in factory conditions they can't move around,
but they've been bred to covertly store the fat in the muscle tissue.

led Homo Sapians to develope bigger Brains ,

Human brains have been decreasing in size for the last 30,000 years.
There were Neanderthals with higher brain capacities than we have now.

Having come from a race of star beings,
and having forgotten our heritage,
we no longer needed the large brains,
to operate our complex technologies.

only in the past century,
have brains begun to grow again,
things have been getting more complicated,
ever since the industrial revolution.

For instance I have a parent with a medium sized head,
and a large head, because both my parents use their brains a lot,
being university graduates and full time computer programmers,
the activated DNA selected towards having a large brain for me.

Without Meat Eating , Man more than likely would have became Exstinct .

Our ability to eat meat was a gift from the reptilians.

Herbivorism is how mammals first arose,
you can see by mice and our star origins,
Many star being mammalian hominids,
such as Andromedans of Alex Collier be herbivores,

From my memories on Lyra,
animals being intellectual pets,
and fellow gardeners.

edit on 6/10/10 by lowki because: history of digestion

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by lowki

......and they ate more meat in their diet than any other primate species. They were probably the closest to a carnivore that mankind has been.

The expansion of the the human brain happens the same time as we start eating more meat, according to fossil records. The addition of high calorie protein that is meat, help support the additional energy needed by a larger brain. Eating meat might not have caused a larger brain, but it sure helped feed that brain and brain size starts increasing once ancient hominids start eating more meat in their diet.

The more plant eating early human primate types died out, and the omnivore primates took over.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

......and they ate more meat in their diet than any other primate species. They were probably the closest to a carnivore that mankind has been.

The more plant eating early human primate types died out, and the omnivore primates took over.

Well clearly the carnivore primates (neanderthals) also died out.

Anyhow factory meat is very different than wild game.
Most factory meat eat corn, as the main component.
There are also many drugs pumped into them, as they are diseased from unnatural diets.
Animals tend to store all the toxins that go into them, and are frequent sources of infection.

There is much more nutrients from animals that eat grass, perennials, berries, and a forest-garden diet.
This is most achievable when we are surrounded ourselves by the paradise of forest-garden, being able to insure food safety.
So we would all benefit from a move towards a holographic technologically-enabled tribal lifestyle.

Cancer be cured by anti-oxidants so eat fruits and vegetables.
Diabetes be cured by healthy nutrition so approximate veganism.

Meat we have raised in our own forest-garden,
is quite ethical and safe to eat,
as we with you loved for,
fed, and cared.

edit on 7/10/10 by lowki because: holographic

edit on 7/10/10 by lowki because: benefit

edit on 7/10/10 by lowki because: food safety

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

So , I take it you Never saw the beginning of the Film " 2001 - A Space Oddity " ? The massive amount of Protein contained in Animal Flesh

There is much more protein, that's easier to digest in beans and lentils.
Meat is actually far more notable for the amount of Fat that it has.

Contemporary chicken for instance is more than 50% fat.
since when in factory conditions they can't move around,
but they've been bred to covertly store the fat in the muscle tissue.

led Homo Sapians to develope bigger Brains ,

Having come from a race of star beings,
and having forgotten our heritage,
we no longer needed the large brains,
to operate our complex technologies.

only in the past century,
have brains begun to grow again,
things have been getting more complicated,
ever since the industrial revolution.

For instance I have a parent with a medium sized head,
and a large head, because both my parents use their brains a lot,
being university graduates and full time computer programmers,
the activated DNA selected towards having a large brain for me.

Without Meat Eating , Man more than likely would have became Exstinct .

Our ability to eat meat was a gift from the reptilians.

Herbivorism is how mammals first arose,
you can see by mice and our star origins,
Many star being mammalian hominids,
such as Andromedans of Alex Collier be herbivores,

From my memories on Lyra,
animals being intellectual pets,
and fellow gardeners.

edit on 6/10/10 by lowki because: history of digestion

The human brain is 60% Fat, many of the critical fats needed for proper development of the human brain are commonly found in meat

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Well clearly the carnivore primates (neanderthals) also died out.

Neanderthals died out from a combo of Cro Magnon just being more resourceful and adaptable to climate changes and the Climate in Europe changing often and rapidly, starting about 45,000 ago. When that happened, the forests of Europe retreated and with that the Neanderthals had a harder time ambushing their prey. Neanderthals couldn't hunt successfully in the open fields of the new Europe and slowly died out. They were ambush hunters in the forest, too specialized to adapt to the new terrain.

Neanderthals were so well suited to the cold climate of ancient Europe that they couldn't evolve fast enough to beat the climate change and Cro Magnon at the same time. Neanderthals never fished either and that probably was the final nail in the coffin.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

When you say humans aren't carnivores you are right, we aren't. Our diet has never consisted of solely meat and has always had a strong base of plants and fruits. To say it's unnatural for us to eat meat is kind of absurd. The reason our teeth aren't like a lion or other strictly carnivorous animal is because our earliest meat eating ancestors were scavengers. Our ancestors adaptation was to use tools to crack open bones to get at the marrow. I'm sure you've heard the term "hunter gatherer." Without farming and agriculture this is the natural human fallback, in other words, the "natural" human diet. This is further illustrated by still existing hunter gather tribes who have not yet become members of the modern world as we know it. As far as the physical adaptions you listed, we have a few from both realms, and we are also missing a few from both. Here are some examples:

Fermenting Vats:
Almost all strict vegetarians have fermenting vats, which is a separate area of the digestive system where plants can sit and be broken down by microbes. Even our vegetarian primate counterparts have this adaptation, we do not.

Teeth:
The reduction in size of the human canines is more a result of the increased size of the human cranium and as a result the reduced size of the jaw. Furthermore the primates with the largest canines, i.e. Gorillas are strictly vegetarian, indicating that large canines are not necessarily a prerequisite for a diet that includes meat. Our molars are most similar to those of pigs in the wild (classic omnivores)

Intestinal Tracts:
The difference between carnivores and herbivores in this area comes more from actual exposed surface area then length. If you look at the number of crypts and cell types we fall somewhere in between carnivores and herbivores.

In conclusion there are no relevant arguments, at least physiologically, which conclude that humans are better suited to a fully vegetarian diet.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
www.amazon.com...

There are compelling arguments on both sides.

Personally, my ideal diet consists of eggs and cheese as my staple animal proteins, and the rest vegetables. I do well on such a diet, as long as I have eggs.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Gee...maybe I'm dead!
Havent eaten meat of any kind for 25 years...

Akushla

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

yeah, sorry.

RIP!

too funny,

not only were we designed to eat meat, we became a predator which increased our brain power just by having

3d vision.

eating shellfish along the shore line is a bigger boost of brain protein and way less risky than hunting.

being a pred has way more advantages than a herbie.

lots of things eat fish and such and they aren't as intelligent as us as we deem.

pigs and bears eat anything too.

what separates us from them?

i don't know, maybe it is coz we have hands and not hooves, not ruling out the dolphins and whales.

a dilemma for sure.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Yeah.. I have to agree here. I don't think farming is what stimulated our brains into an evolution. Hunting and the eventual cooking of meat over fire however..

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

Anddd /thread. Though I guess I'll add to the bio lesson here. Humans are predator, why? Our eyes face forwarded instead of on the side like a dumb herbivore.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by fooks

Yeah.. I have to agree here. I don't think farming is what stimulated our brains into an evolution. Hunting and the eventual cooking of meat over fire however..

yeah, that was later.

how much later? don't know.

that's the thing, everyone back then had the knowledge and tech as everyone else.

fire, tool making, whatever.

today, there is no way all of us can understand what is needed/skills to keep our present society alive if something happened.

fire made things easier to digest and smell better!

besides killing a lot of bacteria and parasites and crap.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I love veggies (mmm broccoli) and the fanatics that preach their goodness. But we are Omnivores who can choose to not eat meat.

Our teeth and jaws are designed for cutting and ripping like most omnivores otherwise we would have only molars and stronger grinding muscles instead of biting muscles. Your evidence is flawed as primates are also opportunistic omnivores just like us…

I eat mostly a non meat diet and will never EVER give up dairy or eggs. I will give you a nice non aggressive omnivore hug for your effort though!

edit on 19-9-2011 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
alright sorry but i stopped reading after page six

facts are human intellingence evolved from eating meat and canines and molars have already been posted

what wasnt is those things called wisdom teeth whose function was chewing bone to get the marrow.

so respectfully i disagree with the op

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Actaully we were supposed to eat RAW meat.

Originally we were very much set up to eat what we could forage or catch. Until fire was invented RAW was the way to go but over time we adapt to societies methods meaning we are more prone to germs and bacteria that can cause illnesses now.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Well, we weren't really designed to fly or do heart transplants or ride bicycles either, but I don't think that should stop us.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Oh and since you have posted this in the survival thread I think when you are truly starving you would be surprised that (if you have a strong will TO LIVE that overides your pride) you will eat just about anything! There are no vegetarians in primitive cultures (although they may have religious reason for certain meats) but not in more primitive ones.

One last thing since the OP has a name that implies they are a female (this is not sexist) I am curious if they have ever had children? I worked at a very Natural health food store and a majority of the women (VEGANS) who got pregnant craved MEAT….and not just steak but RAW Bloody MEAT! LOL I found this both enlightening and humorous!

edit on 19-9-2011 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

if we werent ment to eat meat... its to late to stop now. its to good and i dont mind eating something already killed and cooked :3

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Not true. Actually we were perfected to eat meat.

Also:

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join