It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Weren't Designed To Eat Meat, Here Is Proof

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but without animal fats, our brains could not function properly. People would have almost constant grand mal seizures. Not to mention our nervous system and heart CANNOT function properly without FISH OIL. Don't take fish oil or eat a lot of fish, well you better start now!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Everyone knows that humans require a vast assortment of foods to be healthy, and each one ONLY in moderation. Ice cream, for instance, is good for you, but if you eat it all the time... it will kill you.
The secret to a long healthy life? Easy.
Eat a wide variety of foods, from all around the globe, change what you eat often, and EAT NORMAL PORTIONS, not a freakin plate full 2-3 times a day, but small portions 6-8 times a day, and the real secret to felling great and keeping the weight off?
STAY HYDRATED!!!!!!!!!
WATER,WATER,WATER &
ELECTROLYTES

Just my two cents.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Plants are alive too. Several studies I've read about have concluded that they feel pain, google should provide sources easily enough.

Pretty much everything we consume comes from something that was alive at one point. Except maybe salt and so on. Food (vegetables as well as meat), cotton and such for clothing, leather in shoes, plastics (polymers made from plant cellulose, fossil fuels that were once dinosaurs, etc), you get the point I'm trying to make. Just because it isn't cute and furry doesn't lessen the value of life does it?

Also, do vegetarians have homes infested with roaches, mice, etc, or do they hire a pest control company to commit genocide on their behalf? Hmm, interesting concept there. Roach mercenary for hire.

Not saying all vegetarians, vegans, etc choose not to eat meat based solely on an aversion to the taking of life, but most seem to deviate that way. Just some things to consider in my opinion, almost if not all life forms maintain that life through death. Even vegetables require dead stuff to live. Crops will not grow in sterile soil. They need organic materials (dead plants and animals) to grow. That circle of life thing that was mentioned earlier in the thread comes to mind.

And the teeth/digestive tract 'facts' are ludicrous. We do not evolve carnivore teeth for cosmetic reasons, evolution has no use for vanity beyond what is required for successful courtship rituals. We have a single chamber in our stomach because we are not meant to break down tough plant fibers on a continual basis to extract all of our nutrients from. That is why you cannot subsist on random twigs and bark, or graze from the lawn. I don't care how hardcore a vegetarian you are, it will not work. We are limited to the tender and easily digestible plant species because of the lack of stomach required for the task of being full on herbivores.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I've always wanted to know when humans started to think that it was cool to drink the milk from a cow's udder

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I can't believe someone actually ressurected this thread.
Like I say, and I think I did in this very thread, "if god did not want us to eat animals, why did she make them of meat?

Either way I love vegans and vegetarians.
I don't have to share my meat with them, even in a life or death situation.
If asked for a hunk of my food, I'd just explain that the hunger delirium was making them stupid and if they were in their right mind they wouldn't want any of this filth!
Now die, so I can eat you too!!
Grass fed beef rocks, I'm sure human would be equally good on a veggie diet, no rotten flesh in the stomach.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but without animal fats, our brains could not function properly. People would have almost constant grand mal seizures. Not to mention our nervous system and heart CANNOT function properly without FISH OIL. Don't take fish oil or eat a lot of fish, well you better start now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just my two cents.

What?...you mean after 25 years without animal fats of any kind...or fish oil...what I have been doing is not functioning properly?

There is clearly something wrong with one or both of these statements...they are patently not statements of fact as I doubt I am the only person who has ingested neither of these mentioned products for a considerable period of time.

I'm not a vitamin junkie either (as supplement), I'm not, and have never been, the wirey, pale faced, weak, vegetarian we keep hearing about...

I have no neurological 'problems' that I know of, never have...(although my closest friends [or enemies] will tell you otherwise)...

Constant grand mal seizures? You're joking right?

I return your two cents!

Akushla

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
I've always wanted to know when humans started to think that it was cool to drink the milk from a cow's udder

A cows' 'udder', what?

He he
Akushla

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Do some research on heart arrhythmias and pvc's before you spout off crap. Both of these conditions are caused by lack of fish oil. I can name 5 people alone that have been cured of these ailments with fish oil alone and one of them is an M.D.(who also is the one who told me about fish oil)
Animal fats are essential during development. Look it up for yourself how many children have constant seizures due to a lack of animal fats. Their diets are adjusted and their seizures stop. Animal fats are in so many products, more than you're aware of obviously.
How old are you? Well, just wait, you'll see. No fish oil now = heart attack later.
edit on 17-11-2011 by sickofitall2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2011 by sickofitall2012 because: add to

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Do some research on heart arrhythmias and pvc's before you spout off crap. Both of these conditions are caused by lack of fish oil. I can name 5 people alone that have been cured of these ailments with fish oil alone and one of them is an M.D.(who also is the one who told me about fish oil)
Animal fats are essential during development. Look it up for yourself how many children have constant seizures due to a lack of animal fats. Their diets are adjusted and their seizures stop. Animal fats are in so many products, more than your aware of obviously.

A bit of an agressive reply, given the mildness of what I wrote...nevertheless...

If I understand you correctly, there is no way you can be a full vegetarian, as everything we eat has some animal fats in them...and that, these 5 people you know were vegetarians (which, from what I understand you've implied -they could not be, because of secret fish oil and animal fats), yet they still had heart conditions through lack of fish oil and animal fats?

The OP makes no distinction between whether children or adults should eat meat or not...if your child is ill, you do what it takes to heal it.

Keep the 2 cents!
Akushla
;
edit on 17-11-2011 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Danger Girl

Even vegetarians eat bacteria and other lil critters on their food so in fact they all eat meat.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

No.
They are not Veg's. They ate meat, but not fish.
Do you eat Jello?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

No.
They are not Veg's. They ate meat, but not fish.
Do you eat Jello?

Jello...jelly? With aspic you mean, or, gelatin?

No...never have!

Akushla

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

How old are you? Well, just wait, you'll see. No fish oil now = heart attack later.
edit on 17-11-2011 by sickofitall2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2011 by sickofitall2012 because: add to

I challenged your sweeeeeping statement...which mentions nothing of age requirements...
What relevance would my age have?

Akushla

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
reply to post by Danger Girl

Even vegetarians eat bacteria and other lil critters on their food so in fact they all eat meat.

Does any bacteria 'die', when you eat it?

Akushla

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Not buying it.
The Paleolithic diet of animal food and fruits, nuts, leafy veg carries far fewer problems for our bodies than the neolithic sort that emphasizes grains, legumes etc.
Just take a look at all the bad stuff that's been written these past few years about modern diets, insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome etc.

If we were meant to eat beans, they wouldnt produce such awful results in most people's bodies over time.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK
Not buying it.
The Paleolithic diet of animal food and fruits, nuts, leafy veg carries far fewer problems for our bodies than the neolithic sort that emphasizes grains, legumes etc.
Just take a look at all the bad stuff that's been written these past few years about modern diets, insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome etc.

If we were meant to eat beans, they wouldnt produce such awful results in most people's bodies over time.

No-one's forcing you to...surely?

Akushla

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Just answering the original statement. I've been eating paleo for three months now and reading extensively on it. Many of the things veggies have to eat to make up for the loss of animal food in their diets are on the red list.

After seeing how great I've felt since starting to eat paleo, my wife has even given up on vegetarianism and started eating fish etc. Cos all those legumes and grains made her feel awful.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK

Just answering the original statement. I've been eating paleo for three months now and reading extensively on it. Many of the things veggies have to eat to make up for the loss of animal food in their diets are on the red list.

After seeing how great I've felt since starting to eat paleo, my wife has even given up on vegetarianism and started eating fish etc. Cos all those legumes and grains made her feel awful.

Well...I'm not condoning one or the other...and I'm glad you are both feeling better...

Akushla
;

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

Well...I'm not condoning one or the other...and I'm glad you are both feeling better...

Akushla
;

Thanks. That's my 2p worth, anyway. Cant have a debate without dissent! :-D

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this. But I am paleo, and that is the theory that we should eat meat, nuts, fruits and vegetables. Anyways what I don't understand is how is grains meant for our bodies and meat isn't? Grains were not eaten until we were able to start producing food, so putting our food through a process before we would cook it and eat it. But meat which is a whole raw food is wrong for our bodies. Also the orginal post, there weren't the specs for an omnivore up there and that is the details I would like to compare.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
If we weren't designed to eat meat, then I have gone above and beyond my original design! Yayyyyy me!!!

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join