It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mermaid Found.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
2 Mermaids Found.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

These Are Crazy Mythical Beasts . Tell Me What You Think.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
The first one is a guitar fish. In the video you can only see its nostrils and mouth which are located on its lower side. The eyes are on the other side.

The second one, if my memory serves, was a hoax: a combination of the upper part of a monkey and the lower part of a large fish.

No mermaids here, I'm afraid.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
A mermaid is thought of as a marine creature with a humanoid top half and the bottom a fish. These are clearly not that. Like Doc said, that is a fish. I didn't know what it was, but I'm sure he is correct on its species. At first I thought it was a squid with an odd imprint before I saw its tail and no tentacles as the video progressed.

The second one was indeed a hoax that someone had put together. Unfortunately, I doubt there is a such thing as a mermaid that some myths speak of. Back then someone fisherman may have seen something, the sea can cause hallucinations much like the dessert after all if you stay out long enough, but we will never know until divers actually find something. Hopefully, someone more credible than the person who created that creature in the second video.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nibiru2012

The second one is a Fiji Mermaid.
en.wikipedia.org...

They used to make them pretty often for sideshows.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Once again, not all YouTube videos should be watched as fact.

If you see something amazing, you should probably do some research on it.

Chances are you will discover that most of these videos are either viral marketing, a hoax or mis-indentification of a known species (due to a number of reasons, including state of decomposition).

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

For future reference you can use the search button to determine if any of these have been posted before.
It really comes in handy when starting a new thread or trying to search the archives.

Welcome to ATS

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
It sort of looks like a Brian Davis sideshow gaff but there is more detail in that one. It could be a high end model he has done. Its not a Higley, which is the gold standard. When you look at a Higley even when you see the receipt for it you will wonder how the hell it can look so real. None of those sewed together things.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I'm sceptical but that looks like a mermaid to me!!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Lithium

Why is the video one green though?

Hmmm, maybe it's this one

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 18-6-2008 by ZikhaN]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

hi...whos higley??? googled but couldn't find anything....i know brian davis stuff...likkkeee it!!!tryin to figgure how to achieve the mummified look, its pretty...also do u know if brian has a web page?? again google failed me...ive tryed a few combos but no luck....thanks if u can help....

top topics

join