It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 384
<< 381  382  383    385  386  387 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

[edit on Feb 3rd 2009 by Ian McLean]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Come to chat anyone. Half of them are idle as usual.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

Any comment or statement that references or points out the age of any woman over, let's say, 25, is likely to be annoying or offensive. Women in general are fairly sensitive about their age, appearance, and weight. This is, of course, a function of men (and sometimes other women) judging us based on these irrelevant attributes, but we (women) have had to deal with it all of our lives and it's a bit difficult to just overlook it at this point.

This is why your experienced elders repeatedly refer to all of us female fighters as young & beautiful in spite of the fact that we all quite obviously aren't. It's part of the unwritten rules of the tenuous (and always temporary) cease-fire truce in the war between males and females. If you want to have a pleasant relationship with women, regardless of venue or the nature of the relationship, you must remember (and say) that all women are always young, beautiful, desirable, intelligent, and in every way equal to men.

Otherwise you will find yourself subject to consequences which you don't even want to think about. Never underestimate the power of women, especially in groups.

That's your sage advice for the day, and it's worth quite a bit more than you paid for it.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

Yes, I get it. I have been too lethargic. That is why I say to myself "go and see the outside world".

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I apologise in advance for this one; but I'd just like to share with you all that I'm absolutely -Snip- out of my face.

Mod Edit: You know better than posting profanity Cadbury...

[edit on 3-2-2009 by MemoryShock]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Mod Edit: You know better than posting profanity Cadbury...

No I don't. Besides, just my being here in the first place is profane, long before I utter even a single word...

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

Hey Cadbury!

What's that?

Here have another drink...

...and tell us all about it. Go on!

[memoryshockhide]pssst... help a sister out. I find it kinda hot when Mem gets his macho-mod-powers on[/memoryshockhide]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWayISeeIt
reply to post by Cadbury

Hey Cadbury!

What's that?

Here have another drink...

...and tell us all about it. Go on!

Hey, thanks. I'll take that drink. I'd tell you about the rest but it's mainly against the T&C. MemorySir will kill me right in the face.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Anyone need a drink ?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by visible_villain
Anyone need a drink ?

Did you say something, I have you on ignore.

Akvavit please!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I stopped by to ask for some advice.

I am discussing debate topics with another member and we think 'somthing light' would be in order ...

The only thing I can come up with is "What came first, the chicken or the egg." But, I don't think there would be any way to win that kind of argument.

Any other ideas about, "something light?"

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I have you on ignore

It will take me forever to live that one down ........

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I stopped by to ask for some advice.

Here's some. Put on the French Maid's outift and get behind the bar.

Any other ideas about, "something light?"

I guess you could add just a splash of soda to my Maker's on the rocks.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

The only thing I can come up with is "What came first, the chicken or the egg." But, I don't think there would be any way to win that kind of argument.

The Vagabond and semperfortis argued "The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword."

Which is almost the same type of debate. That said, the winner of a debate is decided through the use of rhetoric and rebuttal...not necessarily right and wrong. It is all about presentation. Check out this debate to substantiate this...Round 2: schrodingers dog v TruthWithin: Genetic Predisposition For Violence.

And does your opponent need the Fighter designation applied to his account?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Here's a fresh bottle, but remember, "moderation in all things!"

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

Well played, TWISI...well played...

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

does your opponent need the Fighter designation applied to his account?

No. I found his advert here in the pub. He wants to do something light.

But, to me, 'the chicken or the egg,' seems a little advanced. But maybe you're right, it might work.

I just would like to have some more options to consider is all.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean

HandyHint (FireFox only): right-click on a U2U text, and choose "This Frame / Open Frame In New Window..." to view a U2U full-sized, and not in the tiny little box.

you're full of tricks. You should start a thread collecting all your ATS-using wisdom.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Actually, the chicken or egg question could be quite an intense and serious debate. From a religious point of view, God created the chicken, and at some point after its creation, it laid the first egg. Thus, the chicken came first. From a scientific (evolutionary) standpoint, however, the bird which laid the first chicken egg (an egg that hatched a chicken) was not quite, precisely, 100% a chicken. Therefore, the egg came first.

I'm usually good for "light" topics. Any areas of interest you want to guide me to, and I'll try to think up some? Also, you might scan back through a few (hundred
) pages of this thread and see what you find, people (including myself) have posted lists of suggested topics several times that I've seen.

Scanning the top threads and recent posts would probably give you some ideas, too.
Like "Lincoln was a Grey Alien."

new topics

top topics

<< 381  382  383    385  386  387 >>

join