It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 383
<< 380  381  382    384  385  386 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
ack. bad bbcode day

Glad I test-posted.

[edit on 2/3/09 by americandingbat]

[edit on 2/3/09 by americandingbat]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Might want to fix those quote tags...

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

You may want to tweak your code, looks like you're missing a tag somewhere.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Check out my mastery of bbcode on my newest debate reply here

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I don't understand why everyone 'test posts' on this thread, rather than using the "Preview Post" button to check tags, etc.

Am I missing something?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
I don't understand why everyone 'test posts' on this thread, rather than using the "Preview Post" button to check tags, etc.

Am I missing something?

Its a ploy so that people look at their Debate

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

There have been issues with the Post Preview button in the past...a bug that I am not sure has been completely worked out.

Personally, I use the u2u function...

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Sometimes (like with color or size codes especially) it will work in preview but will mess up once submitted. That's why I do it at least. Can't speak for anyone else.

I used to post it on my profile then 'tab delete' but one time it worked fine there but messed up in the post once I submitted it (my Khazarian Jew thread- not a debate). So submitting it as an actual post here works best. Truly.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Its a ploy so that people look at their Debate

Well, only partially the point

I've seen tags behave differently in preview and post, I think. And I find it hard to read long things in the minuscule u2u screen. It just makes me feel better to see it as an actual post

And in today's case, not only did I mess up the quote-boxing as Mr. Shock and maria so kindly pointed out for everyone (forgot a slash), I messed up bolding (another missing slash) and both the link and the image (spaces after the ats= and url=)

So I need all the help and confidence I can get.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Ah, that makes sense then. I had noticed weirdness with the size tags working in preview but not in posts. My solution: don't use size tags.

The 'test post' solution is much better than us all hitting the Complaint/Suggestion button and saying:

"Hey please fix the post preview that's been broken forever since we're not supposed to edit posts in the Debate Forum, pretty please with sugar and honey thanks!".

Edit to mutter: once upon a time, there was a file called functions.php, and a little function called postify(), that lived within, and it was all alone in the scary software jungle...

[edit on Feb 3rd 2009 by Ian McLean]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

There have been issues with the Post Preview button in the past...a bug that I am not sure has been completely worked out.

do you sent the u2u to yourself?
or how do you test it then?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

How do you do that? Send it to your self?

And the preview post feature, as of last night, acts like it editing your post but then does not apply the edits

I was doing a naughty thing and finding an old thread, posting and then deleting. Then I figured out that debates were the least likely to go up on too many peoples 'subscribe list', other than Fighters
, and thought I was all clever using one of my old debates, but that didn't work out so well. Sky caught me red-handed :O

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Double post.

[edit on February 3rd, 2009 by peacejet]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
How is the threat to my head now?

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Yeah...I just send the u2u to myself. I agree the smaller screen can be tedious, though...

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

HandyHint (FireFox only): right-click on a U2U text, and choose "This Frame / Open Frame In New Window..." to view a U2U full-sized, and not in the tiny little box.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Oh good, that sounds a lot less sad.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWayISeeIt
How do you do that? Send it to your self?

Just type in your own name in the recipient slot and you can u2u yourself.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

PJ, from what I can tell by your posts to the FCP, you've spent quite a bit of time fussing, worrying, and fretting over what I'm going to do to you, and when. Actually, I may not bother doing anything unless an opportune moment happens along that's just too good to pass up, especially if it happens when I think you've had time to forget about all this.

But, considering all the time you've wasted worrying about me, perhaps you'll think twice next time before you say something that you know is likely to annoy or offend me (or any other fighter).

Peace, Jet.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

I didnt mean to offend, I just wanted to have some fun.

new topics

top topics

<< 380  381  382    384  385  386 >>

join