It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your experiences with rude and mean people on ATS?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
It seems my critical remarks on the gay society made me to be a foe of someone. I didn’t meant to offend any gay people but it seems I did anyhow. It’s not easy to avoid rudeness so I hereby plead Mea Culpa and bow my head in shame.

I am a rude person.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
see, the only person on my foe list is someone i actually like and respect...i just disagree with him consistantly. i have people on my friends list that i disagree with i just happen to find some common ground with them on occasion.

anyone that i disagree with all the time and either dont like or am indifferent towards...i just let them be on their merry path through the cosmos as i continue on mine, i dont bother to aknowledge them on my friend/foe list.

and the only person who's put me on their "foe" list is wolf, who i think went through and foe'd everyone. or most nearly everyone, ill have to look lol

EDIT: seems he stopped at 666 foes lol (including himself, neat trick
)

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Damocles]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
sadly there are many rude ppl on ats.For example i posted something a while back when i was confused about a couple of relationships i was dealing with, basically i was in love with two ppl. and some poster came out calling me names and saying i wasnt mature enough to have children beause i couldnt make up my mind. it turned me off of ats for almost a month. thats just the most recent one. there has been qiute a few attacks. I posted a thread about oprah leading a huge group toward an awakening and which is true. and somebody told me i should gouge my eyes out with a butter knife, or something to that effect. This is actually my first post in a month or so because of the rudeness of some ppl on here

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Damocles

If you were foed by wolfofwar you are one of 666 foes. I think yahngoddy has the most with 1,532 foes. I feel the same as you and have foed no one.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 23Eulogy23

It's probably been mentioned before but if someone personally attacks a member, please feel free to contact any staff member, complain about the post.

The T&C of ATS are there so that ATS is a respectful and civil place to hang out and post.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

you have been on ats since 2006 and haven't developed immunity yet ?

i don't know how it works in the mind but somehow i've given up caring what those that hate? me think anymore here.

i used to have my ignore filled and rotated around newer antagonistic members into it and older ones out that eventually had got themselves banned anyhow but as time has gone on i have noticed those that were in there but still remain as members have mellowed? or i have become calloused ?-----not exactly sure which 1 or both at the same time?

never the less the occasional kind word does perk me up---silly me!

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

and i hate none that are in my list of foes-----its just my way of "dividing the sheep from the goats" so to speak---those that are somewhat like me or those that are completly different

those members that are standing in "no mans land?" i just can't figure them out yet-----not everyone tells you the real truth about themselves right away.
we have members here that pretend to be males when they are infact females and vice-versa and we have some members here that talk like they are not even human beings----for example a member that stated that "He" was with G-D when the universe was created ?scary if "he" wasn't lying?

ats set up this system and i just make use of it---while trying hard not to break ats rules while at it.

i am amazed at how deep down the first members profile page descends------am curious to know when it bottoms out----or if it is a bottomless pit ?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I thought the same thing, Karl. When I was new I thought the respected foe feature meant exactly what it said: Respected Foe. So I added the member Scientist as my first foe because even though we disagreed, he was always civil and 'kept me on my toes' by making really good points. He understood and never cried about it (and now we're on each other's friends lists!).

Later I noticed the feature is more often than not used by members to tell other members 'You suck!' So I deleted the few 'foes' on my list and never added anyone since. But I don't take it personally when I am foed. Some do, though, and it is very silly.

P.S. I just noticed I deleted you from my friend's list! You used to be there. I keep my friends in alphabetical order and anytime someone new is added, everyone that comes after them alphabetically has to get deleted and re-added but sometimes I forget to put them back on. It's one of the joys of having O.C.D. I'll add you back in a moment.

As for the OP and site meanies. They're everywhere and I am not always a saint either. Even good members blow a fuse from time to time which often results in two usually docile members clashing over styles. I have to admit I sometimes bring the 'abuse' onto myself by having a big mouth. However, there really is not a single person here I 'hate' but there are about three members that simply rub me the wrong way (and even then I have apologized to others when I know I have gone too far). It's just rough because instead of going to someone for help or using the alert feature, I try to handle it by myself as adults only to have the situation go from bad or worse until a mod happens along our little bash fest and puts a stop to it.

But if there is anyone here who I have ever offended or hurt, always feel welcome to confront me and we can work it out.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

Wait, you're just categorising people into two seperate categories?

For some reason, i find it quite bizarre that someone would do that - to be able to make a concious choice about on a person's attitude or motivations always struck me as something of a under-estimation of what people are truly capable of.

That, or an over-estimation of a person's ability to analyse his fellow man.

I don't see why all this is truly nessecary, goodey.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I have a question. Is a U2 sent to the mean person letting them know you have set the ignore button on them?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

I am curious as to what criteria you use to herd the sheep away from the goats. Maybe you could tell me what of my profile or posts brought you to any conclusion about me.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

LOL, I thought it meant "respected" foe too.
By the way AshleyD I like you but realised you are not on my friends list, so I'll add you

Some of you other people are mistaken, I'm not upset or anything, I just posted this thread for a discussion, and I don't care if someone add's me as a foe like some of you seem to think, I just thought it was funny, the reply I got for asking him why I was added as a "respected" foe, I'm simply a curious person.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Oh goodness. I hope it didn't come across that was my impression of you!
No worries and I agree- being foed really isn't a big deal. I made a thread on that exact subject a few months ago HERE. Several members throughout the board mentioned they took it as a personal offense so I figured it needed to be asked. But I didn't get that impression from you at all. But due to the fact so many misinterpret it, abuse it, and forget the description of 'respected,' I no longer use the feature in an effort to avoid offending the more sensitive amongst us!

But this is a really good thread. Even the nicest members here have their run-ins with other members. Then there are some here who are impossible to please and will cry about anything and purposely antagonize anyone who disagrees with them. Good thread and it needed to be said. People clash and opinions clash. As they say, 'it ain't no thang.'

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Oh no don't worry, it did not come accross like that.

I've never seen your thread before. Nice thread.

It is interesting how people think so differently, always nice to see how other people think.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

have you seen that new film, american idiot..

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'll be your friend if it keeps you from making threads like this.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

lol, funny picture.

Yes I know, I'm not slow, I just thought it would be a good discussion to see peoples views on this, maybe you should join in?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I just remember its a forum, and then the lulz come.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

and reply to anti-tyrant also:
sorry but i added you to my list of respected "foes" approximately 480 others ago------i can't remember that far back or for what specific reason.

i am not saying this as a personal attack on anyone here but some reasons why members make it to my respected list are for bashing on:
G-D/usa/britain/australia/new zealand/canada/israel/jews/real christians/queen of uk and for being rude to other members when it is not called for and for practicing and endorsing what G-D labels as sin in the scriptures.

the opposite is true for those that i have placed on my list of friends----i realize that they like myself might not be perfect but at least so far to me they seem to be trying to be ethical although occasionaly the odd one that hasn't been totally honest lets it slip out and so some have ended on my list of respected foes instead.

the red bar that appears over a respected "foes" screen name gives me a heads up when scrolling thru the threads to be cautious.

the green bar over a friends name lets me relax

no bar leaves me curious as to what that member is really like

we are all different-----its just my way of trying to manage me------if someone has a better idea of how we are supposed to organize ourselves more efficiently---i am willing to learn new things----if they are ethical.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I find it intriguing, that you believe, you can actually analyze a member, based on ONE post - over the internet nonetheless. Sounds like you could put the Psychologists out of work. Since I am so intrigued by your ability to read people --no pun intended-- I've decided to try something new...

I'm adding you to my friends list - I'm turning the other cheek.

Matthew 5:39 - But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

You didn't necessarily smite me: You judged me. Here's my left cheek, it's my better picture taking side anyway.

Progress?

Have a Fabulous Day!

-Carrot

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join