It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

-GOD- Easily proven....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I for one have never hated or viewed religion as a bad thing, but the other day i was having a debate on how God might be proven and eventually i came out an said..."you know what...i will pray every day, follow all the rules set by god and the bible if he/she (GOD) was able to perform a simple task such as lifting my pen off of my table right now." Thats all it would take to convince me....yet this hasnt happened. Why cant god just perform a simple task in front of my eyes??...i dont understand the concept of "not being able to question god"...and everytime i have this debate the opposing veiw says that god should be trusted and not need be questioned...well why not, if all it takes to convert me 100% is to lift a pen off my desk in front of my eyes???...

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
To trust that your friends would die for you do they need to kill themselves.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
If we could all be shown the truth in an instant, there wouldn't be much purpose for the whole experience here, would there?

DC

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuDaCrIs
I for one have never hated or viewed religion as a bad thing, but the other day i was having a debate on how God might be proven and eventually i came out an said..."you know what...i will pray every day, follow all the rules set by god and the bible if he/she (GOD) was able to perform a simple task such as lifting my pen off of my table right now." Thats all it would take to convince me....yet this hasnt happened. Why cant god just perform a simple task in front of my eyes??...i dont understand the concept of "not being able to question god"...and everytime i have this debate the opposing veiw says that god should be trusted and not need be questioned...well why not, if all it takes to convert me 100% is to lift a pen off my desk in front of my eyes???...

Have you ever thought perhaps he doesn't want to convince you, he wants you to convince you. What i mean is that if you can't have faith on your own, why should he install faith for you?

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedarkprojekt

Have you ever thought perhaps he doesn't want to convince you, he wants you to convince you. What i mean is that if you can't have faith on your own, why should he install faith for you?

Becasue that way i am sure of what i am doing is real!!...i am saying why go throuhg all that trouble if god can just show me he/she exists. wat is the point of all this faith based stuff....it seems questionable to think that i should be convincing myself of something i am trying to prove without any reasonable proof...yet a simple act of god would dismiss all that...

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
When a doghma is used as a tool of control, of course those using the tool, want your unquestioning obedience......

Not to mention, if there was such a deity, I'm sure he'd have more pressing concerns than taking a moment to lift a pencil for you....

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Becasue that way i am sure of what i am doing is real!!...i am saying why go throuhg all that trouble if god can just show me he/she exists. wat is the point of all this faith based stuff....it seems questionable to think that i should be convincing myself of something i am trying to prove without any reasonable proof...yet a simple act of god would dismiss all that...

Correct me if im wrong but god made his presence felt literally when jesus was born. Relegion is ALL faith based how can God seperate impurities from defilements if he doesn't allow you to have free will to choose the path?

- of course i just realized a paradox of that, God can see all that was and all that will be so why would he give you the chance to choose when he already knows the answer?

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by thedarkprojekt]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Why won't God show His face in the sky for five minutes so everyone could believe Him in an instant?

It wouldn't be called faith if He did so.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Not to mention, if there was such a deity, I'm sure he'd have more pressing concerns than taking a moment to lift a pencil for you....

somehow i doubt there would be any concern in a deity taking a moment to lift up a pencil if its a deity!!....

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Maybe because God doesn't exist?...

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter

Ah yes and here comes the waves of athiest rants

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I think the earth is miracle enough that God does exist.

But there are people who don't believe the same things I do.

That is the beauty of free will.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Thats wat i am trying to get at.....but dont get me wrong...i do want to beleive he exists. I think religion is a great way for people to come together for example. But the only problem is I have no firm evidence to beleive that he does...and lifting a pencil for example...or showing his face in the sky is such an easy way to make you beleive...and the question i am asking is why he hasnt done that....

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
its just as easely as not more proven not to exist at all we all know the some of the main religions will become in a danger area if life is proven to exist out side of our own.
the christian religion far out the most of them.

I am more a darwinist then an atheist

link   

...well why not, if all it takes to convert me 100% is to lift a pen off my desk in front of my eyes???...

It's called free will. You have the choice to believe or not to believe. It is rather arrogant of you to ask God to lift your pen to prove his existense. Perhaps he wants you to prove to Him that you would accept Him beforehe has to perform levitation .

link   
And this folks is and always WILL be a stalemate

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Actually, agnostic/philospher...there is a difference...

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Actually, agnostic/philospher...there is a difference...

Doesn't matter what you believe there will always be this arguement.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

I think the earth is miracle enough that God does exist.

But there are people who don't believe the same things I do.

That is the beauty of free will.

god is the combined spirit and power of the human will and cunning to explore, discover and create what we want when ever we want and to do what we want as one united for a common goal. to find and learn out about our brother''s sisters and other family spread across our known and the unknown areas of space and diminsions. for there is our past present and our future . as it is in our hand to grasp and to be faitfull in our own will and cunning to do and to not do what we all want as a humankind and as a habitant of this universe through time and with out time.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   

And this folks is and always WILL be a stalemate

The problem is that neither side sees it like that; they both think that they are 100% correct in what they believe. Well, I am here to tell you that both sides are wrong, but I know the truth!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join