It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I just signed up on a Muslim extremist board...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I won't name it. I think it breaks the T&C anyway.

I signed up because I wanted to discuss politics with the "enemy". People that don't like white Americans and Jews. While they don't actively state that they want to destroy America, it is clearly stated as an objective of theirs to make the world dominated by Islam.

Anyway, my point of this thread:

Do you think I will now be added to the terrorist watch list? Will my phone be tapped? Will they personally monitor my internet activity? Will I have trouble flying?

Opinions?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Probably, you will be on some kind of list in some alphabet soup.

This will be a good way to test your questions, come back and update us with any unusual repercussions stemming from this membership. Could be interesting.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
I won't name it. I think it breaks the T&C anyway.

I signed up because I wanted to discuss politics with the "enemy". People that don't like white Americans and Jews. While they don't actively state that they want to destroy America, it is clearly stated as an objective of theirs to make the world dominated by Islam.

Anyway, my point of this thread:

Do you think I will now be added to the terrorist watch list? Will my phone be tapped? Will they personally monitor my internet activity? Will I have trouble flying?

Opinions?

HHHmmm...you're on a cospiracy theorist website, where all kinds of "Septmeber 11th didn't happen" comments are made on a second by second basis, where others who are in direct opposition to the Federal Government post comments negative about the Bush Administration, and you do and join an extremist website,...and you're just now worrying about being put on the "terrorist watchlist?"

Here's your sign
Bill Engvall said it all. J/king, I hope you know.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Is it a high-traffic website?

Has anyone on that site ever been linked to an actual "terrorist" activity? Have you ever heard of a government or law agency monitoring it?

I would say, you might have been added to a watch list. Nothing drastic. Probably just your IP recorded and added to a list of potential "bad guys". My guess is no airports have been notified...

Question: why not also sign up for a Christian extremist website? Are they not an "enemy" as well?

I am curious, can you elaborate on your intent?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

That's what I think.

I doubt they actually read what people post, they probably just take IPs and cross-reference them to get names - thanks to the great Telcos cooperating with Big Brother.

I wonder if I can successfully sue to get my name off the list. In reality, it is a complete invasion of privacy. Not to mention it is completely unethical for them to do it.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Yeaaaa... I know. But there's too many normal people here. It's also very high trafficked - even by celebs. If they just started adding everyone from ATS to a list, it would make headline news I'm sure.

reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Well, I found this site because it was featured on Fox News as being a Muslim extremist website a while back. I had read into it and they put a whole debunking section to the Fox News article.

So it has definitely garnered some attention in that respect.

As for Christian extremists...

Do you mean the neo-cons? I discuss them all the time. Hate 'em.

But I know everything about Christian extremists. I have never argued with a Muslim extremist. I really was just curious as to what it would be like ot have a casual debate with them.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Dude, I'm really beginning to wonder about you now. lol. Sue to get off the watchlist, huh? It will never happen. Read this book, you'll like it.

No Place to Hide

The book tells of people who just got put on the watchlist just because their name was similar to a known "terrorist." Yeah, you won't be sueing them. You don't have enough money, time, or manpower,...unless you can get all of ATS to back you up and help you. Good luck with that.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Could go class action. Your book proves there are hoards of others who have had the same problem.

*Edit:

Thanks for the link. I will look into the book.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
This is actually sounds pretty interesting. Whenever a supposedly new video of Bin Laden comes out, the newsreader always says something along the lines of "released on an extremist Islamic website..."

I've always thought "well, what ARE these websites?!"

I don't know, but you'll probably at least come under the attention of some spy governing body, if it's a real-deal sorta site. But then again, if it's not censored, then so what?

Free speech, right!

If not, send us a postcard from Gitmo.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Opinions?

Don't the Christians want a world dominated by Christians? What was the point of the crusades and missionaries sent to 'Christianise' the natives?

I just don't see any difference...

And why are they the enemy? Because a politician says so? As you said they don't clearly state it, but you so much want it to be true don't you? So it really doesn't matter if they actually say it or not, it just haaass to be true...

And if they do hate Americans it's for exactly the same reason you hate them...Think about it.

What was the point of this thread again? Hate, or your name on a list? If that's what it's about then give me the damned list I'll put my own name on it.

I would like to know the name of this site to see for myself how much they don't actually clearly state it, should I read between the lines or something?...

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I work for the NSA Sublime and can tell you that your computer is being monitored. Software known as "Ghostware" has been carefully installed on your machine and comes with a Root Kit. Your computer has more ports open on it than a Female Chinese spy.

You really should get a firewall with stateful packet inspection.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Don't the Christians want a world dominated by Christians? What was the point of the crusades and missionaries sent to 'Christianise' the natives?

I argue with extremist Christians all the time. They are called "neo-cons".

And why are they the enemy? Because a politician says so? As you said they don't clearly state it, but you so much want it to be true don't you? So it really doesn't matter if they actually say it or not, it just haaass to be true...

Didn't I put the word enemy in quotations?

And if they do hate Americans it's for exactly the same reason you hate them...Think about it.

Where did I say hate? I have a different opinion and I wanted to discuss and debate that with them. Doesn't that show that I have more respect for them than most people do?

What was the point of this thread again? Hate, or your name on a list? If that's what it's about then give me the damned list I'll put my own name on it.

I would like to know the name of this site to see for myself how much they don't actually clearly state it, should I read between the lines or something?...

To discuss if I would be put on a list.

I can PM you the site if you want, I guess.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

I do have a stateful firewall.

Don't spy on me NSA man!

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Could go class action. Your book proves there are hoards of others who have had the same problem.

*Edit:

Thanks for the link. I will look into the book.

Here's another book you might like.

Ghost Plane: The True Story of the CIA Torture Program

Here's a link I made on the topic of Rendition :

G.I.Jane vs Rendition...Hollywood vs Reality...Training vs Torture...WATERBOARDING

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

You're involved in a division within the NSA that works closely enough with this, that you would be able to say they are monitoring him, and how they are monitoring him. So clearly your job at the NSA is at least vaguely related. Yet... you tell him that he should do certain things to avoid being monitored??....

Isn't the NSA also monitoring you??

Are they going to be cool with you giving that advice

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mattguy404

I'll do my best on the postcard thing.

At least I could pretend like I am in the movie "A Few Good Men" while I am there.

"You can't handle the truth!"

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

He works pretty quick,

I just signed up like last night.

Thanks!

I have been looking for some good books to read. I just finished re-reading "Imperial Hubris".

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I love chatting with islamic extremist. It's interesting to try and understand their perspective. But I usually find them on irc.dal.net in the #islam channel.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JmanFIVEk

I don't know that I trust anyone labeled "extremist" in an IRC channel. That's just asking to get your computer exploited.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   

reply to post by JmanFIVEk

I don't know that I trust anyone labeled "extremist" in an IRC channel. That's just asking to get your computer exploited.

I don't know how they can exploit my system if I'm behind a firewall. Besides, the risks are worth the interesting debates

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join