It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I just signed up on a Muslim extremist board...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by LOYAL
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I meant i tried to sign up for Sunni Muslim forum and I am a Shiite Muslim .... they were in shock and awe situation to have me there... everybody was replying like they would kill me... most of them were telling me that i am not a Muslim....
and were scaring me away....

However the Shia Forum i have been member for several years we have people from different religion there, we have got there Interfaith sub forum too, where atheists jews christains or people of other religion debate with each on Islamic issues like that... also we have there sunni-shia sub forum there .... we don't scare people away...

and that's why our shia forum is largest ever Muslim community forum

[edit on 12-5-2008 by LOYAL]

I'm a Sunni Muslim ...
I have some Shia friends. Very good friends actually.
I don't understand why some ppl act like that.
Extremism isn't good, in any way.
People should be able to discuss everything in peace.

ontopic ...
I think you're probably added to some sort of watching list.
If you don't do anything wrong, you don't have to worry

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Don't the Christians want a world dominated by Christians?

I just don't see any difference...

"Dominated"?

No, Christians do not want to "dominate" anyone and to compare Christians to Islamic extremists is just absolute lunacy. The "Crusades" happened long ago and I do not even recognize them as Christians. Just a bunch of nuts using the name of Christ to commit crimes against humanity.

There are literally millions of Islamic extremists. Extreme Christians that would be comparable, find em for me.

As for being put on a list, if the OP didn't want to be on a list then he shouldn't be joining such sites. Is it that necessary to be associated with such a site? If I were a government agency tracking terrorism don't you think it would be obvious that I would track such sites? Furthermore, we all have bookmarks and "friends" lists. In fact, right here on ATS we have a category called respected foe's to track our enemies. If you've got the right to keep your lists then why can't government agencies keep lists as well?

When you do stupid things, don't be surprised at the consequences. I'm not calling anyone stupid as even the most intelligent among us do stupid things from time to time.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JmanFIVEk
I love chatting with islamic extremist. It's interesting to try and understand their perspective. But I usually find them on irc.dal.net in the #islam channel.

You think #islam on dalnet is full of extremists? What defines an extremist, anyone that says they are Muslim? I visit there frequently as well and I do not find any of them to be all that extreme.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
As for being put on a list, if the OP didn't want to be on a list then he shouldn't be joining such sites.

Yep. If someone is 'worried' about being put on a government watch list then they shouldn't be joining radical Islamic discussion sites when the world is having a hard time with radical Islamic terrorists.

If said person doesn't care about being on a watch list .. then by all means go and join. If if there is concern .. and that was what the OP said ... then common sense says 'don't join'.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I'd like to make 3 major points to you:

1) I was completely aware that there was a good chance I'd be put on a watch list for joining that site.

2) I found it to be worth the risk for the experience I would gain just from talking with them. I can learn a lot from this.

3) And you are wrong. Ethically, adding me to a watch list based off of an IP hitting a website is wrong. We should not be monitored like that.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
I work for the NSA Sublime and can tell you that your computer is being monitored. Software known as "Ghostware" has been carefully installed on your machine and comes with a Root Kit. Your computer has more ports open on it than a Female Chinese spy.

You really should get a firewall with stateful packet inspection.

I think you should be banned. You know, for making knowingly false statements on the board.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
I was completely aware ... I found it to be worth the risk

Then what's the point of this thread?

You said you joined a radical site. You expressed concern about being monitored. You asked if we thought you would be. Now you say you were aware of the risk and it was worth it.

I must have missed the point in your opening post. What is the point?

And you are wrong.

About what?
All I said was if you were worried about it .. then don't do it. It's rather simple.

Or do you just like saying to me - 'you are wrong'?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Absolutely you will be added to some list somewhere. I have an Arab friend. He is originally a Saudi but has been naturalized. He is hard working and has three children. He is one of the best people I know...

Someone takes his trash. No kidding, they take his trash from in front of his house. How he discovered it was one day something happened and the trash people didn't come. His whole neighborhood didn't have any trash pickup but his was gone. Also I happened to be in the local FBI office recently and they had a map with red pins in it. The Agent told me that the pins marked where Muslims lived. I looked at the map and sure enough my friends house had a pin in it.

So if a guy that works for the State and goes to church and basicly is a saint gets this kind of treatment, I have no doubt that they will take notice of someone who joins a radical Muslim message board, no doubt at all.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Yeah, but he did such a bad job that it's more funny than it is offensive.

reply to post by tamar.kh85

Thanks for helping me keep all of the crazies in check.

People

I never said they were the enemy. It was put in quotations, hence I was quoting the common perception.

I also, IN THE TITLE, say they are EXTREMISTS, not just Muslim.

reply to post by wutone

I know. I'm surprised. People are acting more like I am racist than I am accepting.

Weird.

reply to post by neformore

I hope you are right.

reply to post by LOYAL

Not sure which they are at this point. They did tolerate my joining and know that I am a white American. I clearly stated it in my intro post and they welcomed me.

I haven't checked the responses to my first thread yet.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

If I wasn't aware of the risk, how would I even know to start a thread to discuss the chances of the "risk" occurring?

What I was hoping to discuss were the odds of it happening and the immorality of such domestic spying.

Is there a problem with that? Did you want to squeeze an Obama rant in?

*Edit:

And I am rather fond of saying, "you're wrong" to you. Just kidding. Honestly though, I do feel that no one should ever have to worry about joining a site for fear of being hounded or spied on.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

What I was hoping to discuss were the odds of it happening and the immorality of such domestic spying.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh ... okay. I didn't get that from the opening post.

Yep .. in a perfect world no one should be worried about joining a chat site. 9/11 changed that. Considering that the War on Terror involves radical Islamics then I'm sure that our spy-folks are keeping tabs on those kind of sites. Probably on those who post on them. (and for the record, I HIGHLY DOUBT they are watching this site closely like that. )

Not much anyone can do about it. And considering the state of things in the world, I'm glad that they are watching them.

However, since you don't have terrorist notions, I'm sure that will become very apparent to those trained to snuff out terrorists and I doubt you have to worry about unmarked vans parking in front of your house with antennas pointed at your bedroom or anything.

But I could be wrong ...

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Thanks. That's what I am hoping.

I'm just not sure how they go about the data mining. Do they go strictly by cross referencing IPs to "possible terrorist sites" or do they data mine for specific phrases and words. Possibly both.

Either way, I think it's worth it to discuss important issues with them. They may turn out to be to be more moderate than it seems at first. Just them allowing me to post says that they may not be too far out there.

Thanks for the positive response, though, FF.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Just them allowing me to post says that they may not be too far out there.

Or they want to convert ya'.

Seriously .. don't worry about it. I'm sure the 'experts' that are watching can weed out the problems from the site tourists.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo

"Dominated"?

No, Christians do not want to "dominate" anyone and to compare Christians to Islamic extremists is just absolute lunacy.....

Oh yes most definitely...And time doesn't change what's happened.

Why can't people see extremists Muslims as just a 'bunch of nuts' instead of painting the whole religion as evil?

Do you think all Christians hate you and are evil because some have killed in the name of it? (think anti- abortionists for one).

It has nothing to do with religion, but a lot to do with the media and the power of persuasion.

You want to hate and your hunger is being fed, but it's empty of calories and you will starve anyway...

The Christian missionary mindset is generally depicted as that of simple religious folk with a pure desire to peacefully spread their gospel and message of love. In reality, their methods of propagation are often anything but peaceful and usually leave behind a native population stripped of their culture and often decimated

www.burningcross.net...

What does the Bible say? Take the log out of thine own eye?...

[edit on 12/5/2008 by ANOK]

TG

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
What words would I need to Google in order to find this forum?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

You know, I think you're just an attention horticulturalist. LOL. No, just kidding dude. When they kick down you door and take you off to the torture centers in the hidden CIA base overseas so they're not torturing Americans, can I have your X-Box 360?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I think you are a brave person Sublime.
I wish I had the nads to do that.
I hate being ignorant about the different Muslim groups and what is pissing them off so bad. I just hate being ignorant about anything, but I can't risk someday running for office and I have to explain why I was on all of these sites. Most people will write me off the second they hear any sort of connection. Geez, we still have hill billys that think Obama is Muslim.
I would ask, I mean beg, that you start a thread sometime and educate us or at least me on what you learn.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
I work for the NSA Sublime and can tell you that your computer is being monitored.

You work for the NSA ?

What an interesting life you must lead. Really

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Ohhhh, that NSA?

I don't care if he spies on me then. I don't have any flowers to hide.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

It's quite possible.

Usually I try to avoid the negative attention but who knows. I do know that if I did get added to some list I would try a civil suit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join