It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Says He Has ‘Now Been In 57 States‘

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

"Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go. Alaska and Hawaii, I was not allowed to go to even though I really wanted to visit, but my staff would not justify it."

www.breitbart.tv...

I wonder what school he went to that taught him geography?

And it looks like he may be our next president.

No wonder so many Americans cannot locate places on a map. Look at the country's leaders!

He has one left to go? So 1 plus Alaska and Hawaii would be 60 states? It's hard for me to be sure...using his math...

Does he even know what country he's in?

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Or maybe he knows something we don't.

Or maybe he figured ignorance has worked for the last eight years and if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Peace

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Clearly he's trying to appeal to Republicans, who are no doubt going "you dummy, what about the other five!"

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
i'm willing to glance over these mistakes until they become habitual. if i were in the public's eye every day, speaking, i would really mess up every once in awhile. sure, 57 states...that's an out-there idiotic statement, but right now i am not worried.

after bush, i think anyone is at least going to SOUND more intelligent.

if we want perfection, maybe god should be running for president. but knowing god's temper, i'd probably vote for the other candidate.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This man graduated from Harvard Law School, a simple slip up like this only proves he's human.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This is what I call a non-issue.

The man obviously made a slip up, so I don't know if the OP is trying to insinuate that Obama's too dumb to know how many states there are, or if he's just trying to start some more anti-Obama stuff.

Didn't McCain just try talking to an audience while holding the microphone upside down?

It's a slip up.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
It may be a slip-up or non-issue but it's definatley Colbert and Daily material....LMAO
Maybe he counted guam and puerto rico...lol

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
They are getting a little punch-drunk from exhaustion.

There are a lot of valid things to criticize Obama about, a tiny verbal slip is not one of them.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
It's a slip up.

exactly. i like minor slip ups. it shows me they are real. like i said earlier, though, if it happens frequently, it shows me stupidity and the aching signs of a puppet trying to speak or move without it's puppeteer or script.

if obama never made mistakes...i'd be more worried that something sinister is in the works. at least right now, it's not apparent

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Hey I am no fan of Mr. Obama but im sure what he meant was 47 states because 50 minus Alaska and Hawaii equals 48 minus the one more he has to go.

[edit on 10-5-2008 by Tguntony]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Gee ... looks like Barry has lost his bearings.

Perhaps three whole years in the senate were too much for his little brain.

Obama Acquired Memory Loss (which is LMAO spelled backwards).

[edit on 5/10/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

What a surprise that you, Flyers Fan, out of everyone here would decide to turn this ridiculous non-issue into an attempt to slander Obama.

Weird...

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
ridiculous non-issue

I find it HIGHLY amusing that this comes out just a few days after Obama makes that age-slam against McCain ... that McCain 'lost his bearings'. Yet Obama says 57 states.

VERY FUNNY!! Who has lost bearings?

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
VERY FUNNY!! Who has lost bearings?

Where's a mirror when you need one?

FF, God bless you, even when I miss intercepting my step-dad's (boss') RNC email drivel, I always know I can turn to your posts for current updates.

Peace

[edit on 10-5-2008 by Dr Love]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
FF, God bless you,

Thank you. God bless you too.

my step-dad's (boss') RNC email drivel,

Here is a non-republican source for ya' in reference to the 'lost his bearings' comment.

I still think it is very funny.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

I can't believe this is even an issue. There isn't a person on the planet who hasn't misspoken every day of his/her life. Nitpicking people to death is so childish. I'm no fan of the man, but really, can we move on to something more productive?

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Obama's seven additional states -

The state of 'bitterness'. (or I should say - state of perpetual victimhood)
The state of confusion. (he forgot that he has oil money bundlers)
The state of anger (at white people).
The state of delusion. (he thinks vetting is 'smear')
The state of madness. (he thinks 3 years in the senate qualifes him for POTUS)
The state of disbelief. (that 7% of black people still aren't voting for him)
The state of narcissism. (anyone running for POTUS these days has to be)

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I think he's just tired, but I heard it come out of his mouth!

I'm not worried about it unless he can name the capitol in each of those 57 states! Hmmm, I wonder if he knows what the 50 capitols are?

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sleuth

I can't believe this is even an issue. There isn't a person on the planet who hasn't misspoken every day of his/her life. Nitpicking people to death is so childish. I'm no fan of the man, but really, can we move on to something more productive?

Actually, not only was his mistake funny, but it just goes to show you can't believe anything that comes out of a politians mouth!

Yep, you can call me childish!

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I thought such slips were really strange when I heard "old timers" making them, but after I got out of my teens, I found that it's very common. Now that I'm an antique, I don't even think twice about them. How many speeches does a Presidential candidate make in a given day?

Now claiming to have invented the internet (as Al Gore did way back in 2000)...that's funny!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join