It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The man who grew a finger! With PIXIE DUST?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
This guy isn't the one who would be fooling people, it would be the doctors and scientist behind the treatment. No matter what looks he gave the camera, the science seems to be there.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
"I fooled one more guy that thinks is very smart" look.
[edit on 2/5/2008 by ArMaP]

im going to have to agree on that one...
just seems.. too.. pixie dust'ish...

Id still buy a packet at the Rite-Aid though.. :-D

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Pixie Dust?! Who named it that!!?!? It sounds too good to be true but if it can grow a new set of ankle bones I've got a right foot they can inject with the stuff. It would get me off the Disabled list for motoring but.........

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
For any of you that care to read or learn for yourself, there is an in-depth article in the April issue of Scientific American that covers the state of the art in limb re-generation.
I had to re-read parts of it to make sure I got it, as much of the terminology was new to me. However, I think you'll all agree that that particular mag. is definitely not "kook fringe".
In the event you can't find a copy, my take was that limb re-generation is not here. Yet.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
this is really amazing, i usually would not buy into this but it seems legit.

On a side note i saw this on faux news and the bbc and the tone to the story was so different. The bbc approached it as a legit story, sent a reporter who interviewed the people involved including the doctor. Faux news on the other hand acted like a bunch of third graders, it was really embarrasing.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Apparently this is the real deal. Being used as an experiment on vets:

www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by IrvingTheExplainer

I'm absolutely loving that when this was on BBC it was hogwash, but now that it's on CNN, it's the real deal.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Just pointing out that it IS being used by more than the one person mentioned in the original post.

I could give a crap who reports it. Wasn't passing judgment on the BBC.

That's why I don't post here much. Everybody is either very sensitive, a know-it-all, or wants to pick a fight.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Wasn't trying to pick a fight, sorry if you took it that way. I just found it interesting is all. I didn't mean to imply that you were the one who called it a hoax in the first place.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
No worries. A little cranky today...

Sorry to jump down your throat.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
MSM is picking this up. This is in today at CNN.com

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 27-5-2008 by projectvxn]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This is amazing! Just saw it on CNN

Salamander-inspired therapy may aid injured vets

LINK HERE

"Last week in an operating room in Texas, a wounded American soldier underwent a history-making procedure that could help him regrow the finger that was lost to a bomb attack in Baghdad, Iraq, last year."

"It has worked in earlier experiments. "They have taken a uterus out of a dog, made one in the lab, put it back in and had puppies," Wolf said. Researchers have also regrown a human bladder and implanted it in a person, and it is working as nature intended."

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

^^ see what I mean

Too funny!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

This should be used as an example of how we're all programmed to only believe certain sources.

What makes us unable to believe things that are contrary to what we've been told? How many ways or times do we have to be told until we finally break down and believe it?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
reply to post by Rasobasi420

This should be used as an example of how we're all programmed to only believe certain sources.

What makes us unable to believe things that are contrary to what we've been told? How many ways or times do we have to be told until we finally break down and believe it?

I understand what you're saying, but we should also be more scrutinizing of the information we receive. We can't just believe what we're told. Blind, unquestioning, belief and obedience is a sure path to slavery.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Yes, it works both ways doesn't it?

I'm skeptical as hell, but I'm not qualified and don't have a medical degree, so I'll let my peers who do take a look and decide.

As one who's been under the knife more than once, I'm aware that everything that's been done to me thus far, that there are already better solutions out there. Therefore from my experience alone I'm inclined to believe we don't know it all yet and one day we will grow or repair whatever is needed. Truth is 50 years ago I'd be dead already, but I'm stronger than most my age thanks to leaps in knowledge by the medical community in that time.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Very true. And the military is 50 years ahead of the private sector, imagine what leaps they've made in medicine that they have kept secret for whatever reason. But that doesn't mean we should jump on every sensational story, and you have to admit, this story is very sensational. It is not everyday things like this happen.

But then there was this just a day or so ago, and it hasn't been picked up by the MSM just yet, they seem to be behind on the times.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And this too

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 28-5-2008 by projectvxn]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

America's military think enough of the possibility to re-grow limbs for amputees they are investing $250M
gizmodo.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I thought I would add this link. Regeneration of cells. Maybe, but if it works. Wow! Well, we'll see. This is one of those discoveries I rank up there with penicillin. If this truly works then this is simply amazing that we will have seen this in our life time.
www.liveleak.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by an0maly33
i'm speechless. i thought bunk before i looked at it as well. but it seems they may actually have something. simply amazing. i need stuff like this to remind me why i shouldn't wish for an asteroid to obliterate us.

You wish for that too? Glad I'm not alone.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join