It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold-fusion demonstration a success

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Cold-fusion demonstration a success

physicsworld.com

Here's an email I received from Akito Takahashi, a colleague of Arata's, this morning:

"Arata's demonstration...was successfully done. There came about 60 people from universities and companies in Japan and few foreign people. Six major newspapers and two TV [stations] (Asahi, Nikkei, Mainichi, NHK, et al.) were there...Demonstrated live data looked just similar to the data they reported in [the] papers...This showed the method highly reproducible. Arata's lecture and Q&A were also attractive
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
translate.google.com
translate.google.com< br />
[edit on 26-5-2008 by sn00daard]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
A friend pointed me to this article and I thought I'de share it with you guys and gals.

Apparently the first reports of cold fusion date back to 1989 but the experiments couldn't be reproduced so it was burried. Luckily there are always those persistent few who, despite many a setback, refuse to let go. Like the author said: "It will be interesting to see what other scientists think of Arata's demonstration.".

Included links to the translated articles published by "Il Sole 24 Ore" (the italian economy journal) which apparently broke the news. Not inlcuding the japanese media stated in the article that is.

Will be looking out for further development on this

physicsworld.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Starred and flagged!

This does not suprise me in the least. In fact I'd lean towards the stories of it "not being reproduceable" as being a likely fallacy. The list of folks behind this type of technology who have "commited suicide" or had a "heart-attack" is pretty telling IMO. This, and other types of free energy has been covered up and deliberately supressed for decades, probably longer by TPTB...

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Just found this PDF titled "Anomalous "deuterium-reaction energies" within solid", published by Yoshiaki Arata, the man who conducted the experiment.
The article was released 10 years ago and talks about a related experiment and gives plenty of technical information, for those who understand it (not me).

Link to pdf

If nothing else, at least this shows it's not some fruitcake but a man who has been studying this intently.

Also found this article that discusses the device used in the latest experiment:

Link to article

The article also links to another pdf file which gives alot of details about the latest experiment:

Link to pdf from article

I think this last link might be of the most interest to the people with some knowledge in this field.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by sn00daard]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
This does sound cool. I hope the experiment is repeated around the world. I do fear for the technology though. Even if it is not dis proven it can still be suppressed from being put into use.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Here's a great video about the original Pons & Fleichman experiment. It turns out MIT came up with fraudulent results to squash cold fusion in order to protect their multi-billion dollar research into hot fusion. 20+ years of independent experiments have confirmed P&F and this latest experiment is just a different take on their original research. Spread the word!!

Google Video Link

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
This is stunning if it's true. I hope it is. But I'm sure there will be detractors popping up all over the news to discredit the results or methods. We'll just have to wait and see.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I hope its true.

But even if it is, it's not going to be made public.

All the elites that use energy policy to control the masses would lose control very quickly if energy became cheap/free and plentiful.

Think of OPEC and how much power they would lose

Think of the oil companies and how much power they will lose.

Think of the government which taxes the energy industry and makes a ton of money, and think how much power they will lose.

Think about the global warming freaks who really don't care about the environment but want to depopulate the planet, think how much power they will lose.

I can go on forever about this.....

Cold fusion is too good for the power structure in place, it will be suppressed if true.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
It is true. There are a number of high level groups developing the technology. Do not expect to buy a Mr Fusion device to run your home or car. These will be large devices like nuclear plants. True Fusion devices throw off neutron bombardments. My understanding is that it takes about 12 feet of earth to damp the damage from that.

Neutron bombs kill every living thing and leave the canned goods on the shelf.

Right now there is a group working toward sustaining the reaction. To do that you need to scale up the size of the experiment.

The Princeton experiment below takes twice the power input as it yields.
A commercial fusion reactor may not occur in our lifetimes.

Chinese Fusion Reactor

US Fusion Reactor Princeton

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

your talking about "Hot" fusion

these expeirments referanced are "cold" fusion, there is no massive release of neutrons
(therefore it is a safe reaction)

im pretty sure you need to read the articles and watch the video presented in this thread

otherwise you wouldnt have said that

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I know that the debunkers will not believe this, but hot fusion was achieved about 60 years ago, by the same guy who made the CRT, if I remember right (but don't count on it). See the book "Lost Science" for the details.

Also, TWICE in the last 10 years, there have been stories about some kid creating DESKTOP fusion devices in science fairs. Oddly enough, those stories were only out about a day before they disappeared. I'm sure that's just a coincidence, though.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
He gets Helium.

Thats it.

Alpha radiation becomes Helium, but I do not know at what rate.

Tesla had a beam to make Radium by transmutation.
Why make Radium?
Cause it make Helium, not sure but slightly apparent.

The Hydrogen molecule cycle generates 1000x more heat output
than used to separate the molecule, a non relativistic ether cold fusion
on the molecular level.

Helium and noble gases give great caloric responses to a spark and
re capture electrons.

Isotopes release mass as particles and never use mass for energy.
Most likely eventually giving off Helium.
Since depleted uranium must be heavy someone got the bright idea
to put it in an artillery shell instead of gleaning Helium.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Fusion is not typically 1 alpha particle -> Helium (simply gain electrons), but 2 Deuterium (heavy hydrogen) -> Helium.

The article doesn't read much like a scientific article stylistically (perhaps that is from translation), but is highly interesting! It's true that, for most cases, increasing pressure can have the same effect as increasing temperature. The author basically states that through using the proper crystallization techniques (and attaining the proper crystal lattice), Palladium (in what I gathered to be similar to nanotubules) can host deuterium densities (and thus partial pressures, and thus pressure) equivalent to 10^8 atmospheres. This is unfathomably high pressure. Seriously, I can't imagine even 100 atm, let alone 100 million atm. (1 atm is the pressure at sea level.)

I buy it if the article is legit (not doubting the poster). Cold fusion just may be possible.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by pondrthis
Fusion is not typically 1 alpha particle -> Helium (simply gain electrons), but 2 Deuterium (heavy hydrogen) -> Helium.

Electron fusion or cold fusion I call alpha to Helium... then use the
Helium in plasma engines like the Papp and other such devised.
Its small time not big time but easily called an atomic reaction
for motors.

Purely electrical generators may be developed from isotopes.

Nuclear reactions is combining the nucleus is not what I call atomic
as I prefer to work with electron interaction only.

So you are talking nuclear, I'm talking atomic - electronic.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I've been wondering what happened to cold fusion. I was all over it for a while in high school, but then it disappeared in the MSM, and I hadn't heard d!ck about it since. Good to know the idea's still out there.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pondrthis

The article doesn't read much like a scientific article stylistically

Have you taken a look at the pdf I linked in my second post? I didn't understand much of it but from your comment I gather you are knowledgeable in this field. It was written by Arata himself instead of some journalist.
Link to pdf by Arata

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Oh yeah it's real, we've had an answer to the energy crisis for some time now, but crisis are good for profit and policies for profit whether real or manufactured.
It's true MIT did falsify results to protect their hot fusion funding. Several others have also replicated the fleishmann and Pons experiment but not in every case.
The naval base SPAWAR also have reproducible results based on the same idea.

I've heard One drop of heavy water is equal to 44 gallons of petrol without the emissions.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
It is true. There are a number of high level groups developing the technology. Do not expect to buy a Mr Fusion device to run your home or car. These will be large devices like nuclear plants. True Fusion devices throw off neutron bombardments. My understanding is that it takes about 12 feet of earth to damp the damage from that.

Neutron bombs kill every living thing and leave the canned goods on the shelf.

Right now there is a group working toward sustaining the reaction. To do that you need to scale up the size of the experiment.

The Princeton experiment below takes twice the power input as it yields.
A commercial fusion reactor may not occur in our lifetimes.

Chinese Fusion Reactor

US Fusion Reactor Princeton

If they can get enough Helium3, which controls the fusion safely, extracted from the moon then fusion power will come along in a decade or two.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Hot or Cold Fusion releases neutrons. If there is an exception to that, it is the first I have heard, but I defer to the side of skepticism, unless I hear it from several sources, and from someone who knows the physics, I certainly do not accept the word of journalists.

NY team confirms UCLA tabletop fusion

"The device is essentially a tabletop particle accelerator. At its heart are two opposing "pyroelectric" crystals that create a strong electric field when heated or cooled. The device is filled with deuterium gas -- a more massive cousin of hydrogen with an extra neutron in its nucleus. The electric field rips electrons from the gas, creating deuterium ions and accelerating them into a deuterium target on one of the crystals. When the particles smash into the target, neutrons are emitted, which is the telltale sign that nuclear fusion has occurred, according to Danon"

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Here's a documentary on the subject. Quite fascinating.

I always wondered why two very-well respected scientists, who had a spotless track record of always playing by the rules, and submitting their research for peer review would subvert that process and go straight to the press. They knew better. For them this wouldn't be a mistake, or bad judgment. They were not rash or foolish. They were top-notch scientists, with the perspicacity to contemplate the political environment, not just the realm of the scientific.

Perhaps they though that the peer review system is designed to discredit positive results in this kind of research? In other words, a conspiracy to hold back this kind of technology?

You can't tell me that burning gasoline is the best we can do. No way.

Google Video Link

Yikes! Spoon it looks like you beat me to it.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by ianr5741]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join